Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Going Forward

Go down 
+9
XuchilVith
River Song
Broeckchen
Lucas Auraelius
GeorgePenn
TheArmadaBledd
The Doctor
Etreo
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Caedeus
Anxious
Caedeus

Current Win Points : 1

Going Forward - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going Forward   Going Forward - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 10:11 am

OH THANK GOD! I was worried for a second I was all "Nu moar green bar? TnT?!"

Sweet Jesus, so much work to do, eh?

Back to top Go down
DaLadybugMan
Blackout
DaLadybugMan

Current Win Points : 488

PostSubject: Re: Going Forward   Going Forward - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 12:19 pm

"I removed them to do some maintenance on them."

C'mon, Doc, we all know the real reason: because if they were still up, absolutely everyone would be abusing the fuck out of them (which is why they're best deactivated for a while).

Anyway, I have a comment on the whole moderation thing: depending on how we define a "creator," you could have problems finding non-creators. There are quite a few people who have written a blog, which would qualify them as a creator. If you define it more strictly, you risk the chance of insulting people who haven't written as much or aren't as notable.

On that note, I'd also put in a good word for Sethalapod. Like others have said, he's been around long enough that even I recognize him, he's active, and has a level head, as well as a competent grip on the English language (and I rather think I'd prefer to actually understand whoever the moderators are).
Back to top Go down
http://slenderbloggins.net
River Song
Watched
River Song

Current Win Points : 67

PostSubject: Re: Going Forward   Going Forward - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 12:46 pm

DaLadybugMan wrote:
Anyway, I have a comment on the whole moderation thing: depending on how we define a "creator," you could have problems finding non-creators. There are quite a few people who have written a blog, which would qualify them as a creator. If you define it more strictly, you risk the chance of insulting people who haven't written as much or aren't as notable.

You know what? You're right, and let's get this straight right now.

There is a large group of people who have created b/vlogs or other forms of media, who have felt particularly unwelcome here for the last year or so. This is not necessarily out of trolling or creating drama, though that may be the case for some. In any case, they have felt unable to share their contributions to the Slender Man mythos with the largest website devoted to Slender Man, which really doesn't make a lot of sense.

There are also creators who -were- welcome here, but discussing that should be left to PM, as many of the threads posted in the last 72 hours should have been, because personal flame wars really ought to be left private.

Back to top Go down
Etreo
Runner
Etreo

Current Win Points : 261

PostSubject: Re: Going Forward   Going Forward - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 12:56 pm

As someone who has used the site almost exclusively under Zander's control, I can say that nobody felt unwelcome about being a creator. In fact, we welcomed them with open arms. Maybe there was a few of the 'Original' creators who were shy of joining because they were friends with Doctor before this farce kicked off, but they were certainly in the minority. And why are we suddenly referring to creators as though they are separate from regular forum users? It's all the same people. Anyone can make a blog or pick up a camera, so what's the point in categorizing Creators separately from everyone else?
Back to top Go down
River Song
Watched
River Song

PostSubject: Re: Going Forward   Going Forward - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 1:15 pm

I wouldn't use the word "shy," and I wouldn't say it's because they were Doc's friends (although there were several people who headed out the door when he lost the forum, not everyone who didn't like it here left because of that reason)

I would call it "harrassed and shit-talked about in the official podcasts, or on the forum itself." You're going to have to do some digging, there's a lot of buried series posts that died because the creators felt that they couldn't return, be it due to a badly executed series, or for oog-drama.
Back to top Go down
Etreo
Runner
Etreo

PostSubject: Re: Going Forward   Going Forward - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 1:26 pm

That doesn't answer my second point. All this talk of 'Creators' is ridiculous, elitist and quite frankly violates the purpose of this forum. Maybe it was a place for those who created series exclusively at one point, but it's evolved. And giving three people Moderator privileges just because they are 'Creators' is quite frankly a terrible idea.
Back to top Go down
River Song
Watched
River Song

PostSubject: Re: Going Forward   Going Forward - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 1:34 pm

People are not going to be made mods simply because they are "Creators." Doc is considering three people who happen to be creators, who he has grown to know and trust, who have been intimately involved in the workings of the verse for SEVERAL years now, and who have been on this site, in some capacity or another, for a long time.

The wording was bad. Our mistake.
Back to top Go down
Etreo
Runner
Etreo

PostSubject: Re: Going Forward   Going Forward - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 1:36 pm

But why should it matter how long they've been in the verse? Why does it matter how intimately they are involved with the mythos? And you still haven't clarified why 'Creator' seems to have become some kind of status tag ever since Doc and his hangers-on came back here?
Back to top Go down
River Song
Watched
River Song

PostSubject: Re: Going Forward   Going Forward - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 1:53 pm

Okay, first off, "creator" never has been, and never will be, some sort of status tag. There does exist a facebook group called "Slenderverse Creators," as well as bunch of offshoots that came about out of old drama that has been long since settled. ANYONE who has written or produced something can join, as long as they stick to the rules there.

Second, you do realize that this forum is an integral part of the Slenderverse, yes? Doc isn't going to choose a large group of people he doesn't know. He's not even beginning to consider modding those who are already in charge elsewhere, or those who have other responsibilities. He's also not modding anyone who may have been the source of drama before.

I have heard the words, direct out of his own mouth, that his intention was ALWAYS to make this place a meeting of the different sides of the verse: Those who create content, and those who enjoy, and may be inspired by it. This also does not just refer to to v/blog producers, but those who make games, movies, books (aside from some very obvious exclusions that may be found cheaply on amazon), pictures, roleplays, mods for existing games.

The Slenderverse is HUGE. It only makes sense to have mods that are knowledgeable about much of it.
Back to top Go down
Etreo
Runner
Etreo

PostSubject: Re: Going Forward   Going Forward - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 2:01 pm

For something that isn't about status, the Zander to Doc 'Creator' ratio is pretty damned steep.
Back to top Go down
CuteWithoutThe
Watched
CuteWithoutThe

Current Win Points : 77

PostSubject: Re: Going Forward   Going Forward - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 2:12 pm

Honest question: How many mistakes are there going to be until y'all start making sense?
Back to top Go down
River Song
Watched
River Song

PostSubject: Re: Going Forward   Going Forward - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 2:30 pm

What didn't make sense about that? Specifically.
Back to top Go down
CuteWithoutThe
Watched
CuteWithoutThe

Current Win Points : 77

PostSubject: Re: Going Forward   Going Forward - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 2:45 pm

Maybe I worded that wrong. What I mean is this: how many mistakes are y'all going to make in coming across as decent operators of a forum?

Seriously. First, Doctor treats the entire forum like some prize or piece of property he won back. Then you guys fumble about like children with all the drama and pushing away anyone active here. Then stuff like this, messing up the "wording" of stuff.

You're trying to make this come off as NOT divisive or cliqueish. But honestly, this is the most divisive thing I've ever seen on Slendernation. You said you want to unite the fanbase; but you're tearing it apart.

It's hypocrisy at its finest. All you guys are doing is tearing apart what others have built up.

I want you to count just how many people left, and compare it to whose actually here. Maybe there are still some members here; there's three groups. Your group, (that is specifically here because you wanted power, not to actually participate in the community), the fairweather group of newbies who don't care about drama and will hardly if ever post, then those who know this is wrong but don't really know what to do about it. Do you truly think you have a dedicated base of members anymore?

This forum might not end up how I see it ending up; empty and alone, with the Doctor clutching to its shell like Gollum clutching to that ring as he fell towards the lava. It might keep on limping along like a wounded dog. But it's never going to be like what it once was. And I mean that literally... no site can survive a huge backlash like this.

Combine that with the increasing disinterest of the Slender Man's general Mythos, and you have a slow suicide.

But I don't think you guys care about that. I noticed one thing about the Doctor when he came back; he placed a lot of emphasis on "reclaiming what he [lost]". He didn't really come across as doing this for the good of the community. He just wanted his shiny ring back.
Back to top Go down
The Doctor
Admin
The Doctor

Current Win Points : 293

PostSubject: Re: Going Forward   Going Forward - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 2:50 pm

You clearly weren't here when it happened the first time. I'm locking this because it's starting to turn into a test in circular logic, no one is getting anywhere. If you want to continue talking about this to me, PM me. If not, let it go.
Back to top Go down
https://slendernation.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Going Forward   Going Forward - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Going Forward
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2