Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

I can't do this.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DarkShadows
Blackout
DarkShadows

Current Win Points : 32

I can't do this. Empty
PostSubject: I can't do this.   I can't do this. EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 11:15 pm

I'm sorry, but in light of recent events, I can't be a part of this forum any longer.

There are several reasons for this, so let me start at the beginning.

When I first got into the Mythos, I was craving conversation about it. I wanted to learn more and more about this entity that had inadvertently taken over my collective imagination. I wanted nothing more than to understand it better, to create something better with it, to bring something to the collective story. And when I went searching one evening online for Mythos info, I found a link. A link to a little forum called "Slender Nation". I lurked around a bit, curious, and then eventually decided to dive right in.

I came for a place to discuss and learn more about the Mythos, to theorize and find new content to watch. But I stayed for the people. When I joined in December, I was welcomed with open arms by people that soon became friends of mine. Even those that at first seemed skeptical of me (at least to my eyes) seemed to warm up eventually, and I soon felt very comfortable and at home. I discussed, I theorized, I even RPed a little. I drew artwork and posted it here, I walked through the forests of this forum like it was my homeland. And really, it was.

Until what happened on the 29th.

You see guys, as an outsider from what happened years ago looking in, I've heard a few sides of this story now, and I've heard it a lot, from multiple sides. I've seen the actions of certain users here that have appalled me. I've seen denial of what's going on, and I've single-handedly watched this community be torn apart. And why?

Because of one person's petty grudge (and you cannot and WILL NOT tell me it's not a petty grudge) from years ago that they just can't seem to let go of.

Doc. When I first met you in that thread I didn't exactly think you were a bad person or anything. I had no ill will or malice towards you. I even thought it was kinda cool to choose "The Doctor" as your name, being a Whovian myself.

But I have watched you rip this community to shreds, banning people I care about just for disagreeing with you, banning people because you don't like them, banning people for supporting the people you don't like. Acting nice to people who don't know you while behaving like a tyrant to those who do. Everyone I cared even remotely about in this community, except a few, have left, and you know what? I'm starting to think they were right. I'm starting to understand why they locked you out of your account.

For God's sake, you're spreading this drama outside of this forum. You're editing things said by others to make it look like you're right and they're assholes. You're appointing people as mods and admins based on knowability and popularity, NOT on whether they actually are good admins or mods. You're setting up a power dynamic in which you will never be dethroned or moved again, and we like to call that a dictatorship when it applies to countries. But no, in your mind, this is the righteous, just thing to do. But it's not. None of what's been done here is just, none of it is right. None of it.

Doc, what you've done here and continue to do here now is wrong. And you KNOW it's wrong, but you'll never, ever care because screw everyone else if you can get what you want. That's really sad, and I feel sad knowing that you will never grow out of this petty line of thought. What's been done here will never be right and no matter how many times you claim it, it's still wrong.

And I've had enough. I'm not going to stand up for this forum anymore, and I'm not standing up for you. Because I stand up for what I feel is right, not what I feel is wrong. This is NOT the Slender Nation I knew a month ago, and it's not the Slender Nation I love. That community is gone now, and I've gone with them, because THOSE are the people I care about, and THAT is my community. Not here. There's nothing left for me here, so why stay?

I don't think you're cool for taking the name of a hero of mine, the Doctor, and using it for this purpose. How DARE you use Eleven, my favorite Doctor, as your avatar when you act like this? This is action worthy of the Master or even the Daleks, NOT of the Doctor, and you don't deserve to wear that title in my opinion. You never will. And I'm ashamed and appalled to admit that I'm in two of the same fandoms you're in - DW, and the Mythos.

You won't care about me though. Because you only care about yourself. Why care about a forum and Mythos newbie who's only been into this maybe for four months maximum? Because clearly I have no credibility. I'm not a creator after all. And therefore, to you, I shall have no voice.

And you are perfectly okay with this, because you don't care how many little people you step on just to get to your precious goal.

Ban me if you wish. Remove my account if you wish. Edit this post to favor you or make me look like a right bitch if you wish. But know this, Doctor - actions always, ALWAYS speak far louder than words, and if you take those actions against me, someone known around here in the community that was for barely ever raising controversy or even being so much as a slight bit nasty to anyone... you will show your true colors and true face to everyone left here.

As for me, I'm gone. To those here that knew me and remained, I hope to meet you again someday. To those who didn't, I'm sorry you had to meet me like this. You know where to find me on Skype, Youtube, and ArtGrounds if you want to talk. Agentklaw, I'm sorry I will never be able to finish the RP we started. I've met great people here and I'll miss those days because they were some of the best of my short experience in the Mythos thus far.

Good luck, godspeed, goodbye, and I damn well hope all of you that stay truly understand the choice you have made.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wordflow.webs.com
The Doctor
Admin
The Doctor

Current Win Points : 293

I can't do this. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I can't do this.   I can't do this. EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 11:19 pm

Well, I am sorry for the stress I've put you under. I wish you the best.
Back to top Go down
https://slendernation.forumotion.com

I can't do this.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Off Topic Discussion :: Flamewars-
Jump to: