Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

On the subject of Code Lyoko

Go down 
+3
TheArmadaBledd
sethlapod555
kingxana0
7 posters
AuthorMessage
kingxana0
Observer
kingxana0

Current Win Points : 27

On the subject of Code Lyoko Empty
PostSubject: On the subject of Code Lyoko   On the subject of Code Lyoko EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 2:49 am

Did anyone used to watch this as a kid? Are you excited for the new season, worried about it being live action? Let us discuss
Back to top Go down
sethlapod555
Survivor
sethlapod555

Current Win Points : 708

PostSubject: Re: On the subject of Code Lyoko   On the subject of Code Lyoko EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 7:27 am

I loved Code Lyoko. I just never got to see it very often because I was at school while it was on.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/drstevzious117
TheArmadaBledd
Anxious
TheArmadaBledd

Current Win Points : 8

PostSubject: Re: On the subject of Code Lyoko   On the subject of Code Lyoko EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 3:31 pm

I hope Banished Zaber comes by this thread. He and I often chat about it, a mutual enjoyment of our past and present. CLE is lovely so far, even if X.A.N.A. seems a little bit lamed. I'm focusing on the English subs instead of dubs because I hope it'll be a bit truer to the story and a little less distracting. That being said, their Aelita's eyes are so dang distracting. It's always eyes with me, I don't get it, but a lovely pair of eyes makes me wobbly.

Edit: In case you're wondering, there are subs out there up to episode 7! Smile
Back to top Go down
NearTheEnd
Blackout
NearTheEnd

Current Win Points : 217

PostSubject: Re: On the subject of Code Lyoko   On the subject of Code Lyoko EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 3:37 pm

I absolutely loved Code Lyoko. The art style was...meh. (I've always been picky about art) But you know, the story was so good, I kind of didn't care. I'm kind of so-so about the live action, though. I haven't seen it yet and I don't want to be disappointed with it.
Back to top Go down
http://rach-quit.tumblr.com
sethlapod555
Survivor
sethlapod555

Current Win Points : 708

PostSubject: Re: On the subject of Code Lyoko   On the subject of Code Lyoko EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 3:39 pm

NearTheEnd wrote:
I absolutely loved Code Lyoko. The art style was...meh. (I've always been picky about art) But you know, the story was so good, I kind of didn't care. I'm kind of so-so about the live action, though. I haven't seen it yet and I don't want to be disappointed with it.

I was always confused as to what kind of artstyle it was. It made me feel like it was a form of Asian animation, but I still don't know.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/drstevzious117
NearTheEnd
Blackout
NearTheEnd

Current Win Points : 217

PostSubject: Re: On the subject of Code Lyoko   On the subject of Code Lyoko EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 3:41 pm

sethlapod555 wrote:

I was always confused as to what kind of artstyle it was. It made me feel like it was a form of Asian animation, but I still don't know.
I'm not too sure exactly what it was, either. Maybe I should look into it. Either way, I mean...not everything was terrible. It was...just..the frickin' foreheads. My God O_O
Back to top Go down
http://rach-quit.tumblr.com
chasechan2050
Observer
chasechan2050

Current Win Points : 45

PostSubject: Re: On the subject of Code Lyoko   On the subject of Code Lyoko EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 3:49 pm

Even though it was a French made show, I think the style was anime-esque and it was stylized from there. I was indifferent to the style, though :p

It is a good series and I can't wait to pick back up with the new series Very Happy That and I think that I prob'ly might need to rewatch the last few episodes of the original series because I'm pretty sure that I missed them XD;
Back to top Go down
http://chasearts.carrd.co/
TheArmadaBledd
Anxious
TheArmadaBledd

PostSubject: Re: On the subject of Code Lyoko   On the subject of Code Lyoko EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 4:08 pm

Oh come now, look at this crew:
On the subject of Code Lyoko Tumblr_mi1zq4aHWc1rwp3qyo1_500

Granted, the only one anywhere near the age the characters are must be Odd as the rest look to be in their 20s, but that's every high school show since the beginning of time. As it is, they look really true to the characters, though either Ulrich is a bit too tall or they overdid Odd being short. Either way, live action has potential! :-) (They really shouldn't have poofed Aelita's wig so much...)

Last edited by TheArmadaBledd on Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kingxana0
Observer
kingxana0

Current Win Points : 27

PostSubject: Re: On the subject of Code Lyoko   On the subject of Code Lyoko EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 4:09 pm

TheArmadaBledd wrote:
I hope Banished Zaber comes by this thread. He and I often chat about it, a mutual enjoyment of our past and present. CLE is lovely so far, even if X.A.N.A. seems a little bit lamed. I'm focusing on the English subs instead of dubs because I hope it'll be a bit truer to the story and a little less distracting. That being said, their Aelita's eyes are so dang distracting. It's always eyes with me, I don't get it, but a lovely pair of eyes makes me wobbly.

Edit: In case you're wondering, there are subs out there up to episode 7! Smile

Could you please post where you found these subs?
Back to top Go down
TheArmadaBledd
Anxious
TheArmadaBledd

PostSubject: Re: On the subject of Code Lyoko   On the subject of Code Lyoko EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 4:27 pm

I follow a particular facebook page, which I will link below: https://www.facebook.com/Codelyokoevolutionfan?fref=ts Whoever runs it often links when the English subs come out. Otherwise your best bet is to search Vimeo and Dailyvideo. Those are usually pretty good. The quality of the subs aren't that great, but they're not horrible, either!

It's awesome to meet more Code Lyoko fans, always awesome!
Back to top Go down
BanishedZaber
Anxious
BanishedZaber

Current Win Points : 96

PostSubject: Re: On the subject of Code Lyoko   On the subject of Code Lyoko EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 8:43 pm

Oooh yes. Code Lyoko. The memories. The fan-fic memories. The stupid Cartoon Network programming schedule that made it such an effort to watch. The glorious fansite that was teklinks before it got shut down. Good times. Good times.

Anyway, I sort of understand why CLE had been seen as lacking in some areas. Some of the more impressive Xana attacks are either difficult to portray in live action, or possible can't be portrayed due to perceived difference in cartoon and live action violence. Either that, or they're simply giving things time to escalate. I'll keep watching.

But yeah, let the nostalgia feelings jam continue.
Back to top Go down
Misteh
Admin
Misteh

Current Win Points : 10

PostSubject: Re: On the subject of Code Lyoko   On the subject of Code Lyoko EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 8:46 pm

Code Lyoko was my show back in the day. I used to watch it ALL the time even the reruns. I would even get my parents to record the episodes onto VHS tapes >.< and I still have those tapes! MUAHAHA

I watched like the first 7 episodes of CLE and it wasn't terrible. I was expecting FAR worse.
Honestly, it felt almost exactly like the old show, just as a real life version. Everyone's personalities were pretty close to the same. Except for Aelita. They messed her up in my opinion. Anyway, I'm enjoying it so far and I'm looking forward to seeing where the show as a whole will end up going. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: On the subject of Code Lyoko   On the subject of Code Lyoko Empty

Back to top Go down

On the subject of Code Lyoko
Page 1 of 1