Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Information on the creatures of the Fear Mythos

Go down 
+8
SalvatoreHaran
alliterator
spawn250
DJay32
Machine Gun Cynic
Etreo
Vaportwo
NearTheEnd
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
spawn250
Anxious

Current Win Points : 26

Information on the creatures of the Fear Mythos - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Information on the creatures of the Fear Mythos   Information on the creatures of the Fear Mythos - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 10:29 am

NearTheEnd wrote:
spawn250 wrote:
I have a question actually: I want to use a couple of these for my series, so I was wondering if you guys would find it acceptable to mix them with the SCP? Also how interchangeable(?) are these fears? Like say I want to make the Blind Man a teenager or young adult instead of an old man.
SCP's would be amazing! I would love to do it myself!
May I make a suggestion, though? If you make him a teenager, if the person aged rapidly over time.. OH MAN I WOULD LOVE YOU.

I would totally do that! If I had any sort of way to do that, but it is a great idea.
Back to top Go down
NearTheEnd
Blackout
NearTheEnd

Current Win Points : 217

PostSubject: Re: Information on the creatures of the Fear Mythos   Information on the creatures of the Fear Mythos - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 2:27 pm

spawn250 wrote:

I would totally do that! If I had any sort of way to do that, but it is a great idea.
Make-up tricks, make-up tricks, make-up tricks!
""But Near, how am I going to find the proper make-up at this time of year? All the halloween stores are closed!"
Information on the creatures of the Fear Mythos - Page 2 Tumblr_meudb0Lj3A1qd3yut(Please wait for funny gif)
Make-up can be anything. If you want to do this idea, I know how to with home supplies.
Back to top Go down
http://rach-quit.tumblr.com
spawn250
Anxious

Current Win Points : 26

PostSubject: Re: Information on the creatures of the Fear Mythos   Information on the creatures of the Fear Mythos - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 5:58 pm

Hmm, im interested whether or not I actually do that I would like to know
Back to top Go down
alliterator
Observer
alliterator

Current Win Points : 39

PostSubject: Re: Information on the creatures of the Fear Mythos   Information on the creatures of the Fear Mythos - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 10:13 pm

Quote :
I learned of the Red Cap cult in Confessions of an Apopheniac by Alliterator and I believe it was mentioned in Pyre for The Heart by Malus. And I believe the Archangel cult are the Timberwolves.
Slight correction: Confessions of an Apopheniac has to do with the Unnamed Child. You might be thinking of City of Sinopia which was about the Red Cap.

Also, the House of Fortune, the Woman in the Wind, the Unbounded Face, and the King in the Mountain are not the Finnish Fears - those are alternate versions of Fears seen in OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING - but rather something called "the Answer."
Back to top Go down
NearTheEnd
Blackout
NearTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Information on the creatures of the Fear Mythos   Information on the creatures of the Fear Mythos - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 1:00 am

alliterator wrote:
Quote :
I learned of the Red Cap cult in Confessions of an Apopheniac by Alliterator and I believe it was mentioned in Pyre for The Heart by Malus. And I believe the Archangel cult are the Timberwolves.
Slight correction: Confessions of an Apopheniac has to do with the Unnamed Child. You might be thinking of City of Sinopia which was about the Red Cap.

Also, the House of Fortune, the Woman in the Wind, the Unbounded Face, and the King in the Mountain are not the Finnish Fears - those are alternate versions of Fears seen in OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING - but rather something called "the Answer."
GAH, then the wiki is slightly confusing me, then.
thanks for that, I'll update it as soon as I'm not half on the computer, half doing something else. xDD
Back to top Go down
SalvatoreHaran
Watched
SalvatoreHaran

Current Win Points : 73

PostSubject: Re: Information on the creatures of the Fear Mythos   Information on the creatures of the Fear Mythos - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 12:26 am

Well, a cool thing about the mythos is that you can do whatever you want. According to Iceberg Theory, in your universe you can mess with stuff as you wish. But, do too much and people will try to find where you live...
You could always expand fears. See a fear has no servants? Give em some. See they have no domain? Give em one.

Oh, and hey Violet Wink
Back to top Go down
http://salvatoreharan.tumblr.com/
NearTheEnd
Blackout
NearTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Information on the creatures of the Fear Mythos   Information on the creatures of the Fear Mythos - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 3:24 am

Cokeysion wrote:
Well, a cool thing about the mythos is that you can do whatever you want. According to Iceberg Theory, in your universe you can mess with stuff as you wish. But, do too much and people will try to find where you live...
You could always expand fears. See a fear has no servants? Give em some. See they have no domain? Give em one.

Oh, and hey Violet Wink
I like to always keep a line between canon and creativity. Don't completely butcher something someone has already made canon but if something isn't exactly specified, do as you wish!

Also, hey! xD Glad you called me by my in-game name.
Back to top Go down
jeremiahtheinnocent
Untainted
jeremiahtheinnocent

Current Win Points : 1

PostSubject: Re: Information on the creatures of the Fear Mythos   Information on the creatures of the Fear Mythos - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 8:09 pm

OP wrote:
Wooden Girl - The fear of control; abuse
Appearance: A marionette girl
Abilities: Controls humans as her puppets.
Things associated with Wooden Girl - Control, abuse, twisted love, bad relationships
Followers: Dolls or Puppets

someone NEEDS to make an ARG of this, holy hell. this would be super cool to see in a vlog.
Back to top Go down
Mennos
Observer
Mennos

Current Win Points : 19

PostSubject: Re: Information on the creatures of the Fear Mythos   Information on the creatures of the Fear Mythos - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 8:58 pm

jeremiahtheinnocent wrote:
OP wrote:
Wooden Girl - The fear of control; abuse
Appearance: A marionette girl
Abilities: Controls humans as her puppets.
Things associated with Wooden Girl - Control, abuse, twisted love, bad relationships
Followers: Dolls or Puppets

someone NEEDS to make an ARG of this, holy hell. this would be super cool to see in a vlog.
See videos: 01110000, Interruption, and Last Nightmare of TheUndecidedFive.
Back to top Go down
metal rider
Untainted

Current Win Points : 13

PostSubject: Re: Information on the creatures of the Fear Mythos   Information on the creatures of the Fear Mythos - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 9:10 pm

Can anyone give me info on Nightlanders, the Empty city, and the manufactured newborn? This may or may not be related to upcoming stuff in my series
Back to top Go down
sethlapod555
Survivor
sethlapod555

Current Win Points : 708

PostSubject: Re: Information on the creatures of the Fear Mythos   Information on the creatures of the Fear Mythos - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 1:40 pm

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/drstevzious117
metal rider
Untainted

Current Win Points : 13

PostSubject: Re: Information on the creatures of the Fear Mythos   Information on the creatures of the Fear Mythos - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 27, 2014 11:39 pm

yeah my only problem is there is not really that much that has been done with the nightlanders I was kind of hoping for more
Back to top Go down
NearTheEnd
Blackout
NearTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Information on the creatures of the Fear Mythos   Information on the creatures of the Fear Mythos - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 4:16 am

metal rider wrote:
yeah my only problem is there is not really that much that has been done with the nightlanders I was kind of hoping for more
WOW I was not looking at this here thread of mine! I'm so sorry for the BEYOND late response.
The beauty of the fear mythos is... You CAN! IF you don't like how it has been presented, make it what you would like it to be!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Information on the creatures of the Fear Mythos   Information on the creatures of the Fear Mythos - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Information on the creatures of the Fear Mythos
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2