Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Hello there wonderful community! I'm Lawrie :)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
lawriejaffa
Untainted
lawriejaffa

Current Win Points : 0

Hello there wonderful community! I'm Lawrie :)  Empty
PostSubject: Hello there wonderful community! I'm Lawrie :)    Hello there wonderful community! I'm Lawrie :)  EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 8:09 am

Hey there!

I thought I should introduce myself after posting a kind of random essay in the film discussion section! So I'm Lawrie Brewster, from the land of hairy legged women and bearded men (Scotland) - (to be fair I actually got that the wrong way around probably hehe)

I'm a filmmaker is what I do, and the Slender Mythos has been a subject that has fascinated me for a wee while now. As a film producer I was researching it and initially believed (in the der ritter medieval artwork) as being authentic and everything. Basically I was looking for a way that I could produce my own Slender Man movie without falling foul of intellectual properties haha! But alas it too was a modern work of fiction boo!

So I made my own stalker for a movie, (c'est la vie) but I still can't get Slender out my system just yet! So I thought why not join the community here. The fact that you guys are all so friendly and really into mythos/fantasy/intellectual discussion and also damned creative too! I mean jeez all the artwork and films and things people are making - just banding together etc is awesome!

I'm definately gonna contribute to the growing array of Slender short films when I get some time! In the meantime I will harass you with bits and bops on this forum.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/LawrieBrewster
NearTheEnd
Blackout
NearTheEnd

Current Win Points : 217

PostSubject: Re: Hello there wonderful community! I'm Lawrie :)    Hello there wonderful community! I'm Lawrie :)  EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 11:04 am

Hello there! I'm Near! Great to have you aboard.
Really cool about the filming. Wish I could do something that big and awesome!
Back to top Go down
http://rach-quit.tumblr.com
DKaine
Anxious
DKaine

Current Win Points : 16

PostSubject: Re: Hello there wonderful community! I'm Lawrie :)    Hello there wonderful community! I'm Lawrie :)  EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 6:03 pm

Fàilte! Congrats on creating your own movie - you should let us know where we can find it!

You shouldn't worry about any Intellectual Property issues with the Slenderman mythos. There are hundreds, if not thousands of works that have been created, and although it can be traced back to a single creator, it has become almost community property. Take it, make it, get creative with it, and when you're all done - post it here for us to enjoy!
Back to top Go down
GogoGamerFuss
Observer
GogoGamerFuss

Current Win Points : 68

PostSubject: Re: Hello there wonderful community! I'm Lawrie :)    Hello there wonderful community! I'm Lawrie :)  EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 6:21 pm

That sounds great! This community gets bigger by the minute! It is just amazing how many people found this fandom, I mean, only the MH channel has about 50,000,000 subs, but oh well...

Welcome! You have only friends and all sorts of magical stuff in here! Be sure to send us the links to your work, to see what you got. Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/gogafus/
lawriejaffa
Untainted
lawriejaffa

Current Win Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Hello there wonderful community! I'm Lawrie :)    Hello there wonderful community! I'm Lawrie :)  EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 6:30 pm

Well my friend Sarah has started a wee thread about it here a little while ago! (https://slendernation.forumotion.com/t3262-horror-writer-lady-inspired-by-slender-man)

She said such nice things about the communities interests here (and with my own Slender fixation!) I thought meh.. I'll make an account here too!

I'll be posting in that other thread I linked (im the director for that film) but also looking forward to just chatting Slender and seeing what other artwork/stories and films people are making here.

Here's a trailer for my film (its a feature) and I ended up researching entities (that Slendy inspired me to look for) that I could use (100% safe for commercial/insurance/distro purposes) but your right Dkaine - no strict rule about it makes it fine to make movies about. Nothing should limit folks creativity when it comes to Slendy and other mythologies old or new!

Oh wait I can't post links yet haha! Well its called Lord of Tears Trailer (if you take a peek on vimeo) maybe someone might post a link, or the vimeo embed code for it to pop up here?

lol if you think that trailers weird you should see the one with me in a Panda suit sat next to Joseph Gordon Levitt in a floating Zeppelin hehe!

There is actually a new short film horror contest in the UK atm, (for 3 minute films) that I think might give me a chance to play with Slendy! (Called 666 short film festival)
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/LawrieBrewster
DKaine
Anxious
DKaine

Current Win Points : 16

PostSubject: Re: Hello there wonderful community! I'm Lawrie :)    Hello there wonderful community! I'm Lawrie :)  EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 7:28 pm

I found the trailer on Vimeo, and it looks really interesting:

Lord of Tears Trailer

You're so lucky to be in Scotland - not just for the fact that you're surrounded by Scottish accents (swoon) but you have such lovely settings to film in!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello there wonderful community! I'm Lawrie :)    Hello there wonderful community! I'm Lawrie :)  Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello there wonderful community! I'm Lawrie :)
Page 1 of 1