Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Awkward Topic on Slenderman, Cults, and the Vatican

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
timeobserver2013
Taken
timeobserver2013

Current Win Points : 113

Awkward Topic on Slenderman, Cults, and the Vatican Empty
PostSubject: Awkward Topic on Slenderman, Cults, and the Vatican   Awkward Topic on Slenderman, Cults, and the Vatican EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 6:23 pm

Today, a friend of mine and I were talking about the new pope.

We were also mentioning stuff from conspiracies to atrocities such as the Inquisition.

Things got awkward when I mentioned that tradition for the conclave is that three sizes of the Pope's outfits are created just in case one fits.

My friend said this: "What if the Pope doesn't fit any of them? What if it is a 'Slenderpope'?"

Things got out of hand, referencing the Order of DarkHarvest, all kinds of crazy talk occurred from Operator symbols in the Sistine, people kowtowing because of Slendersickness, and Cardinals and Archbishop becoming proxies.

In the end, I hope I didn't offend you guys who are Catholic, but I have an interesting idea: About the Ritter woodblock, besides that and a couple other works, it'll be interesting if there is more to the mythos and the Renaissance. A bit like Da Vinci code only significantly better.

Back to top Go down
estar222
Anxious

Current Win Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Awkward Topic on Slenderman, Cults, and the Vatican   Awkward Topic on Slenderman, Cults, and the Vatican EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 6:42 pm

I agree- the Church, and all Religious orders and clergies of the world, are shady as hell. I'm atheist, so maybe I'm biased, but I personally dislike Religion, and Churches.

I think that religion is holding us back as a race; creating boundaries between peoples. I dislike that.

To be fair though, there are some religions I think we could all take a hint from. Religions like Confucianism, and Buddhism, and Allahvee Islam. Allahvee especially, in fact- it's more of a philosophy than a religion. It goes something like "Do whatever, but recognise the consequences before you do, and take into account how you will affect others." And, I love that.

But that's besides the point.

Yes, it'd be cool if there were more Renaissance Conspiracies, and in many ways it'd be very cool if Slenderman was real. Terrifying, albeit, but very exciting, and awesome.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChp8ZmVIvMo4BiTTpr859Mw?feature=
TheArmadaBledd
Anxious
TheArmadaBledd

Current Win Points : 8

PostSubject: Re: Awkward Topic on Slenderman, Cults, and the Vatican   Awkward Topic on Slenderman, Cults, and the Vatican EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 7:04 pm

I believe all people should be allowed to worship as they want and while I may hate what some people do with religion I do my best not to hate on someone's religion.

As a side note, if the Buddha knew that his teachings would become a religion he would probably have hung himself. Historically he was pretty outspoken against that stuff as I understand it.

And back on to your main topic, I'm fairly certain the woodcutting was proven to be very different compared to the picture of it we're often showing.
Back to top Go down
timeobserver2013
Taken
timeobserver2013

PostSubject: Re: Awkward Topic on Slenderman, Cults, and the Vatican   Awkward Topic on Slenderman, Cults, and the Vatican EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 7:24 pm

I'm not religious, but I do believe that religion has helped give us some form of love and compassion and morals, as long as we take what's in the texts metaphorically.

The point is: The Ritter woodcut is photoshopped, but my point is to have much more of a story. A fictional account of Slenderman encounters in the 1500s or something. I feel like that is one idea no ARGs used much yet.
Back to top Go down
Etreo
Runner
Etreo

Current Win Points : 261

PostSubject: Re: Awkward Topic on Slenderman, Cults, and the Vatican   Awkward Topic on Slenderman, Cults, and the Vatican EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 7:29 pm

I agree with estar. Religion holds society back, and while I respect people's right to believe whatever they want, I can't stand what it is half of the time. Organised religion is little more than an orchestrated profit-making exercise which plays on people's fear and suggestive nature. IMHO.

Anyway, a Da Vinci code style conspiracy would be cool. But I think that would perhaps be more suited to his fear Mythos antithesis* the Archangel, who represents the fear of religion and religious dogma.

*In some interpretations, the Archangel is shown as the archenemy of Slendy, and the only fear with power that equals his. But there isn't really a canon, so it depends what you're reading.

EDIT: In my opinion, if you require the fear of eternal fiery damnation to help point your moral compass, you're probably a pretty crappy person. That's he excuse I hate most about the defence of religious institution; it helps people on to the straight and narrow, it's a guiding light. When those children, people my age from my country, were raped by Catholic priests and even Cardinals and this was totally overlooked by the Catholic Church, it makes you question how well they could orientate anyone's moral beliefs.
Back to top Go down
timeobserver2013
Taken
timeobserver2013

PostSubject: Re: Awkward Topic on Slenderman, Cults, and the Vatican   Awkward Topic on Slenderman, Cults, and the Vatican EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 7:37 pm

Especially how Pope's are elected by men instead of God.

I agree on the fact that anything that get's big has corruption. It is inevitable in human society.

What I stick to in terms of religion are the morals and parables. Jesus was humble and wanted to spread philosophy by word, not by force, but by love. It turns out we've glorified religion to a point where it becomes political and corrupt.

But the Archangel, besides being in Eccentrically Bored, it can be something to be worked on. An origin vlog/story/ARG perhaps?
Back to top Go down
Etreo
Runner
Etreo

Current Win Points : 261

PostSubject: Re: Awkward Topic on Slenderman, Cults, and the Vatican   Awkward Topic on Slenderman, Cults, and the Vatican EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 7:43 pm

Knock yourself out. As I said, there is no canon. That is to say, unlike the Elder Scrolls lore for example, whereby Mehrunes Dagon did return at the end of the 3rd era, and Sheogorath is Jyggalag, the Fear Muthos doesn't have any set in stone rules. In OH GOD THE RAPTURE IS BURNING, Slendy is presented as wearing a Scarf and a Trilby, and there being more than one rake. It's all in your hands.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Awkward Topic on Slenderman, Cults, and the Vatican   Awkward Topic on Slenderman, Cults, and the Vatican Empty

Back to top Go down

Awkward Topic on Slenderman, Cults, and the Vatican
Page 1 of 1