Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Looking for manga!

Go down 
+3
Riddle
sethlapod555
GeorgePenn
7 posters
AuthorMessage
GeorgePenn
Taken
GeorgePenn

Current Win Points : 52

Looking for manga! Empty
PostSubject: Looking for manga!   Looking for manga! EmptyTue Apr 09, 2013 10:24 pm

Hello, I am looking for some new manga to read. I'm a fan of actiony/thriller/horror/violent manga. I've read things like Fairy Tail, Naruto, Bleach, Gantz, Hajime no Ippo, Berserk, Dragon Ball, Ichi the Killer, Beelzebub, Bokurano: Ours, a good bit of Junji Ito's stuff, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Monster, Pluto, 20th Century Boys, D.Gray-man, and Teppu.
Back to top Go down
sethlapod555
Survivor
sethlapod555

Current Win Points : 708

Looking for manga! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking for manga!   Looking for manga! EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 6:28 am

Wow you're very manga-experienced. If you haven't read any of the Yotsuba series yet, I highly recommend it if you're looking for something light-hearted, funny, and humble. I've read a few of them and I love them.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/drstevzious117
Riddle
Watched
Riddle

Current Win Points : 212

Looking for manga! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking for manga!   Looking for manga! EmptyWed Apr 10, 2013 10:42 am

You could try out one of my favorite horror mangas: Rabbit Doubt /or just Doubt. :3 Oh damn, I should read it again. This is what Wikipedia says about it: The players must find the wolf, or killer, amongst their group of rabbits as they are picked off one-by-one.

Also (Masashi Tanaka's) Gon is damn badass. There's no dialog, just a little bad ass dinosaur who knows how to kick ass. Very Happy

Pokémon Adventures is also a great series. In the anime pokémons are cute and they faint, but here... they can get killed quite brutally.

Then there's always Hellsing, Death Note, Air Gear, One Piece etc.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/fuckingoyster
GeorgePenn
Taken
GeorgePenn

Current Win Points : 52

Looking for manga! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking for manga!   Looking for manga! EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 1:32 pm

I just got done reading Shamo, an interesting manga about violence and martial arts. I have also read Air Gear, One Piece, and Hellsing. Death Note never really enraptured me so I simply never finished reading it.
Back to top Go down
SalvatoreHaran
Watched
SalvatoreHaran

Current Win Points : 73

Looking for manga! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking for manga!   Looking for manga! EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 9:49 pm

Rosario + Vampire is my favorite, ever, of all time.
Back to top Go down
http://salvatoreharan.tumblr.com/
NearTheEnd
Blackout
NearTheEnd

Current Win Points : 217

Looking for manga! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking for manga!   Looking for manga! EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 10:04 pm

Try Blood+? Also, if you want to watch an anime, try some Gundam series. Very action-y. There are many Gundam series. Gundam 00 is my favorite. Try some Gundam X or maybe even Gundam AGE, but those are just my preferences.
Back to top Go down
http://rach-quit.tumblr.com
timeobserver2013
Taken
timeobserver2013

Current Win Points : 113

Looking for manga! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking for manga!   Looking for manga! EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 10:13 pm

Case Closed.

(名探偵コナン).

Despite exaggeration of violence, they still are great detective stories.
Back to top Go down
Taken

Current Win Points : 72

Looking for manga! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking for manga!   Looking for manga! EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 12:39 am

Well I just picked up Black Butler myself and it's rather nice.

Shaman King, Yu Yu Hakusho, Model (Lee So Young, might be hard to find now that Tokyopop went belly up...), and R.O.D. are some of my personal picks.
If you want more Shoujo: XXXHolic, Chobits, most of CLAMP's work as well as Fruits Basket and even Sailor Moon.

I've been reading Manga for over ten years now. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Looking for manga! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Looking for manga!   Looking for manga! Empty

Back to top Go down

Looking for manga!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Off Topic Discussion :: General Interests :: Writing & Literature-
Jump to: