Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

What is your favorite/least favorite Sit-com?

Go down 
+9
Etreo
thisistheend
sethlapod555
Atsuya01
Machine Gun Cynic
SalvatoreHaran
JosiahMiller
Elastik55
awkwardraptor
13 posters
AuthorMessage
awkwardraptor
Escaped
awkwardraptor

Current Win Points : 478

What is your favorite/least favorite Sit-com? Empty
PostSubject: What is your favorite/least favorite Sit-com?   What is your favorite/least favorite Sit-com? EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 4:00 pm

So, does anybody here have a favorite/least favorite sit-com? If so, post it here.

My favorite would probably have to be 3rd Rock From The Sun. Just Something about the fact that the main characters are aliens, and have absolutely no idea how to hide the fact that they are aliens, even though they look exactly like people is just so hilarious to me.

My least Favorite? Seinfeld. I just don't understand what it is about that show that makes my dislike it so much, but everything about the show just seems, off somehow.
Back to top Go down
Elastik55
Untainted
Elastik55

Current Win Points : 2

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite/least favorite Sit-com?   What is your favorite/least favorite Sit-com? EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 4:07 pm

I agree with OP about Seinfeld. It's not really funny...

I think my favorite is Scrubs. Until the Janitor left that is.

I don't really watch tv that much anymore.
Back to top Go down
http://bugreport.blog.com/
awkwardraptor
Escaped
awkwardraptor

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite/least favorite Sit-com?   What is your favorite/least favorite Sit-com? EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 4:13 pm

Elastik55 wrote:
Seinfeld. It's not really funny...

And the thing is, With the amount of gags that they do, which are what ALOT of other sitcoms do, Seinfeld should be funny, and somehow, it fails at it miserably in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
JosiahMiller
Observer
JosiahMiller

Current Win Points : 28

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite/least favorite Sit-com?   What is your favorite/least favorite Sit-com? EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 5:02 pm

Favorite: How I Met Your Mother or Fresh Prince of Bel Air.

Least Favorite: Big Bang Theory. It thinks it gets geeks, when it doesn't.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TrialofLeaves?feature=watch
SalvatoreHaran
Watched
SalvatoreHaran

Current Win Points : 73

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite/least favorite Sit-com?   What is your favorite/least favorite Sit-com? EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 5:27 pm

Yeah, definitely How I Met Your Mother, which is really the epic of these group of friends lives portrayed as a sit-com.
But I don't watch many sit-coms really, not my thing. I only started watching HIMYM cause of all the Joss Whedon jokes and people.
Back to top Go down
http://salvatoreharan.tumblr.com/
Machine Gun Cynic
Taken
Machine Gun Cynic

Current Win Points : 25

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite/least favorite Sit-com?   What is your favorite/least favorite Sit-com? EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 4:25 am

Red Dwarf is my favourite sit-com. Hey, it's got a laugh track, it counts.

Least favourite... Big Bang Theory, in theory it sounds really good but when I saw it all I found was ableism and rampant misogyny.
Back to top Go down
JosiahMiller
Observer
JosiahMiller

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite/least favorite Sit-com?   What is your favorite/least favorite Sit-com? EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 4:57 am

Machine Gun Cynic wrote:
Red Dwarf is my favourite sit-com. Hey, it's got a laugh track, it counts.

Least favourite... Big Bang Theory, in theory it sounds really good but when I saw it all I found was ableism and rampant misogyny.

Red Dwarf Smile

Yeaaah. Big Bang Theory definately fucked their female characters
Back to top Go down
Atsuya01
Untainted
Atsuya01

Current Win Points : 10

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite/least favorite Sit-com?   What is your favorite/least favorite Sit-com? EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 5:33 am

Most fav => fresh prince of belair.

Least => Idk really, so many bad ones. Maybe Big bang theory, but I've seen worse probably. Just can't think of them.

=> indeed two and a half man wasn't good.

Last edited by Atsuya01 on Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JosiahMiller
Observer
JosiahMiller

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite/least favorite Sit-com?   What is your favorite/least favorite Sit-com? EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 6:00 am

Amendment... Bad one .... = Two and A Half Men
Back to top Go down
awkwardraptor
Escaped
awkwardraptor

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite/least favorite Sit-com?   What is your favorite/least favorite Sit-com? EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 8:59 am

Another one of my favorites, I'd have to say That 70's Show, hell, I even liked the final season.

And another one I just don't like is King Of Queeens, I find all the characters to be incredibly annoying, and very, very unfunny and also The main character is Kevin James, and I really don't like his whole, "I'm a goofy fat guy, laugh at me." Schtick.
Back to top Go down
sethlapod555
Survivor
sethlapod555

Current Win Points : 708

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite/least favorite Sit-com?   What is your favorite/least favorite Sit-com? EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 9:11 am

Hmm, this is a thought-provoking thread.

I'd have to say my favorite is George Lopez. I just find everyone's sense of humor (except for Max's) to be really funny, sarcastic, witty, and likable.

My least favorite would have to be Dog With a Blog. Ugh. That show just... tries way too hard to be funny and appeal to teenagers. As said by me and others in this thread, you just cannot write teenage characters as an older adult.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/drstevzious117
thisistheend
Observer

Current Win Points : 50

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite/least favorite Sit-com?   What is your favorite/least favorite Sit-com? EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 10:49 am

Oh god, please don't cut me up for saying this but I did enjoy the second season of The Big Bang Theory. To an extent. I also like Seinfeld.

Least favorite would be Two and a Half Men and every Family channel sitcom.
Back to top Go down
Etreo
Runner
Etreo

Current Win Points : 261

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite/least favorite Sit-com?   What is your favorite/least favorite Sit-com? EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 4:04 pm

Best sitcoms: Friends, Not Going Out, Bluestone 42, The Simpsons, Futurama, Fresh Prince, Scrubs(ish) and The Thick of It.

Worst: Two and Half Men, The Royle Family, Dog With a Blog, TBBT, Red Dwarf and Only Fools and Horses
Back to top Go down
awkwardraptor
Escaped
awkwardraptor

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite/least favorite Sit-com?   What is your favorite/least favorite Sit-com? EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 6:14 pm

Etreo wrote:
Friends

I agree, that certainly was one of the best, but you know what definately wasn't one of the best?

The spin-off they did. It was called Joey. Seriously does anybody even remember that show? I do, and I remember that it sucked. It took one of my favorite characters in friends, and stripped him of his charm.

Seriously, if there is one thing that Matt LeBlanc does not want to be remembered for, it's that turd of a spin-off.
Back to top Go down
timeobserver2013
Taken
timeobserver2013

Current Win Points : 113

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite/least favorite Sit-com?   What is your favorite/least favorite Sit-com? EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 6:24 pm

Favorites: Curb You Enthusiasm and Big Bang Theory (Funny at times, I confess)

Least: Many Disney sitcoms (because of my sisters) and Two and a Half Men (why can't they just end it when Charlie Sheen left? And Angus T. Jones (Jake) is 19 now!)
Back to top Go down
Etreo
Runner
Etreo

Current Win Points : 261

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite/least favorite Sit-com?   What is your favorite/least favorite Sit-com? EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 7:26 pm

Joey was like they sat on a blender after doing shots of prune juice, then threw the resulting sludge over a TV script to the soundtrack of "Do You Believe?" By Cher.
Back to top Go down
AlanAuch
Observer
AlanAuch

Current Win Points : 34

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite/least favorite Sit-com?   What is your favorite/least favorite Sit-com? EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 8:24 pm

I've always loved Seinfeld, though apparently the generation after me thinks its horseshit. But my favourite sitcom, of all the sitcoms I have seen, was probably The Young Ones. I was also a keen fan of the short-lived The Estate Agents, about three estate agents (shocking, no?) and their manager who is secretly also involved in almost every criminal activity going

The worst sitcom I've ever seen is, I think, after some deliberation, an abomination called Perfect World that was produced by the BBC, and which essentially was about a guy in a high-powered city job who did selfish and reprehensible shit for his own benefit and ultimately got away with it every episode. How this dogshit got two series is beyond me

Oh yeah and I fucking hated Three's Company, yet I have seen an incomprehensible amount of it mostly thanks to Sky One running it as part of their summer holiday block programming one year. For some reason I was too much of a couch potato even to turn off the TV for an hour instead of slogging through it just to get to Parker Lewis Can't Lose
Back to top Go down
timeobserver2013
Taken
timeobserver2013

Current Win Points : 113

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite/least favorite Sit-com?   What is your favorite/least favorite Sit-com? EmptySat Apr 13, 2013 9:54 pm

Curb Your Enthusiasm focuses on the executive producer of Seinfeld. Really hilarious and on HBO.
Back to top Go down
awkwardraptor
Escaped
awkwardraptor

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite/least favorite Sit-com?   What is your favorite/least favorite Sit-com? EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 10:38 am

So recently, I got really bored and decided to watch this sitcom that my friend told me was really funny, called House Of Pain, needless to say, I watched a few episodes, and needless to say, it was one of the worst sitcoms I have ever seen, and needless to say, the person who recomended House Of Pain is no longer my friend.

Spoiler:

On the other hand, I thought Frasier would absolutly suck, but now it's one of my favorites.
Back to top Go down
ShadowTurtleInc
Turned
ShadowTurtleInc

Current Win Points : 306

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite/least favorite Sit-com?   What is your favorite/least favorite Sit-com? EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 1:58 pm

Just revived a pretty old post!

Well like most people I LOVE Seinfeld to death! I have seen almost every episode now. Least favorite has to be anything on Disney at the moment. Haaha my sister is all watching them and they are just utter bullshit. If there is a least favorite that I actually used to watch... definitely Full House, used to love it, and now that I have come back to it....well I don't know what I was thinking! XD
Back to top Go down
The Doctor
Admin
The Doctor

Current Win Points : 293

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite/least favorite Sit-com?   What is your favorite/least favorite Sit-com? EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 3:02 pm

Uhh...please do not necro a thread unless given permission by one of the staff. These topics have gone past their prime and should be left alone.
Back to top Go down
https://slendernation.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite/least favorite Sit-com?   What is your favorite/least favorite Sit-com? Empty

Back to top Go down

What is your favorite/least favorite Sit-com?
Page 1 of 1