Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff

Experiencing slow YouTube load times?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Experiencing slow YouTube load times?

Post by DKaine on Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:52 pm

Hey everyone. Lately everybody everywhere has been having issues with YouTube videos loading slowly, buffering or never loading at all. The problem has been isolated to a few of their Content Delivery Network proxies (CDNs) and some bandwidth throttling being done by ISPs. If you've been experiencing a terrible YouTube experience, check out this easy solution which I found on Reddit:

Using Windows Firewall, IPTables (on Linux), the Firewall feature of your router or by some other method, block access of your computer to the following IP Subnet: 206.111.0.0/16

Here is a tutorial on how to block an IP range in Windows Firewall.

For linux, use this IPTables line: iptables -I FORWARD -s 192.168.1.0/24 -d 206.111.0.0/16 -j REJECT

If anyone has any questions on how to implement it, I can address those in this thread.

Additionally, this is not a particularly difficult task, but you're mucking about in areas of you computer which can cause undesired operation if misconfigured (ESPECIALLY IPTables). If you're not comfortable doing this, don't.

DKaine
Anxious

Current Win Points: 16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Experiencing slow YouTube load times?

Post by sethlapod555 on Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:32 pm

I've been having some of these issues lately as well. Thanks for the help! I might try some of these out.

sethlapod555
Survivor

Current Win Points: 706

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/drstevzious117

Back to top Go down

Re: Experiencing slow YouTube load times?

Post by DKaine on Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:08 pm

Eh, it worked great for me earlier, but now I'm getting really long load times and lots of buffering again. C'iest la vie.

DKaine
Anxious

Current Win Points: 16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum