Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

I want to start a blog, but i'm afraid it will turn to white noise.

Go down 
+2
goomba771
Outlander
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Outlander
Anxious

Current Win Points : 6

I want to start a blog, but i'm afraid it will turn to white noise. Empty
PostSubject: I want to start a blog, but i'm afraid it will turn to white noise.   I want to start a blog, but i'm afraid it will turn to white noise. EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 9:22 pm

I'm interested in writing a Slender man blog. But, i'm concerned that i'll write it, and it will fall back into the pit that other blogs have fallen into. I'm afraid it'll be "just another blog."

Is there any way I could make mine stand out? I had an idea to have it from Slender Man's point of view. Cast him in a new light, so to speak.
Back to top Go down
goomba771
Watched
goomba771

Current Win Points : 88

PostSubject: Re: I want to start a blog, but i'm afraid it will turn to white noise.   I want to start a blog, but i'm afraid it will turn to white noise. EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 9:43 pm

Someone's receiving messages from their future self, and in the future, slenderman rules. The fututre self of the protagonist is acting like a proxy, but really, is wanting the present self protagonist to stop Slenderman so that he doesn't rule the earth in several years.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/goomba771
Mennos
Observer
Mennos

Current Win Points : 19

PostSubject: Re: I want to start a blog, but i'm afraid it will turn to white noise.   I want to start a blog, but i'm afraid it will turn to white noise. EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 11:09 pm

Honestly, just try a different approach.
From what I've seen from other threads, it sounds like you are on the right track though. Slenderman is pretty much at his peak of popularity right now, so you'll have to keep the people interested.
Basically, just keep it interesting. Add some riddles, or some element to keep the audience enthralled.
Back to top Go down
Outlander
Anxious

PostSubject: Re: I want to start a blog, but i'm afraid it will turn to white noise.   I want to start a blog, but i'm afraid it will turn to white noise. EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 11:15 pm

Mennos wrote:
Honestly, just try a different approach.
From what I've seen from other threads, it sounds like you are on the right track though. Slenderman is pretty much at his peak of popularity right now, so you'll have to keep the people interested.
Basically, just keep it interesting. Add some riddles, or some element to keep the audience enthralled.

Thanks/ I'm currently trying to think of where I can go from here. Gonna make it interesting, though.
Back to top Go down
thexlastxdalek
Watched
thexlastxdalek

Current Win Points : 91

PostSubject: Re: I want to start a blog, but i'm afraid it will turn to white noise.   I want to start a blog, but i'm afraid it will turn to white noise. EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 1:11 pm

Try to add some Interactive stuff in the blog like some cryptic messages which maybe the Fans could solve
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/aaronklompp
thisistheend
Observer

Current Win Points : 50

PostSubject: Re: I want to start a blog, but i'm afraid it will turn to white noise.   I want to start a blog, but i'm afraid it will turn to white noise. EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 1:43 pm

I guess that's a risk you're going to have to take with a b/vlog. Just try and make something different.
Back to top Go down
DaLadybugMan
Blackout
DaLadybugMan

Current Win Points : 488

PostSubject: Re: I want to start a blog, but i'm afraid it will turn to white noise.   I want to start a blog, but i'm afraid it will turn to white noise. EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 6:26 pm

Really, being "just another blog" in general isn't that bad. You don't have to be clever or creative or go to gimmicks to try to create new ground. There are a lot of good Slenderblog tropes out there that you can stick to, as long as you do them well. Of course, if you want to stand out from the crowd (which I'm assuming you want to do), here's my advice:

1. Figure out what type of story you want to tell.

Do you want it to be told in that blog/journal format? Do you want it to be more of a third person story, or even a first-person story that isn't told through a blogs? There are pros and cons to both. If you're blogging or telling the story on a blog, what platform do you want to go with? Basically, you need to have an idea of what you want to do before you do it.

2. Plan things out.

I can't stress this enough. I'm not telling you that you need to write up a rigid outline. But you should have a starting point, a vague ending point (or even better, several possible endings), and a few key points within it. Think of the writing as a journey. You know where you're starting, and you need to have at least an idea of your final destination, as well as how to get there. You don't need to stick by the roadmap perfectly because you will most likely run into roadblocks and detours, but if you at least have an idea of where you want to end up, you'll probably be at least mostly happy with the final product (though you will always, always have regrets).

3. Have strong characters.

There's only so much you can do with a plot in the Mythos. You're going to need to make it stand out with strong characters. It's mostly the characters that are going to keep people reading (though a good plot also really helps).

4. Don't do these things

Okay, so you can do these things, but you need to know what you're doing. These are the things that have been done to death. These are going to make it seem most like "just another blog."

-Binary
-Organized proxies (and try to be sparing with the use of proxies in general)
-Codes (sorry, bigfoot, everyone tries those and no one bothers solving them anymore)
-Multiple personalities

Those things in particular are pretty frequent, pretty overdone, and are usually pretty bad.

Hope that helps!
Back to top Go down
http://slenderbloggins.net
Outlander
Anxious

PostSubject: Re: I want to start a blog, but i'm afraid it will turn to white noise.   I want to start a blog, but i'm afraid it will turn to white noise. EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 9:05 pm

I started the blog
http://everythingivebecome.wordpress.com/

Criticism encouraged!
Back to top Go down
Outlander
Anxious

PostSubject: Re: I want to start a blog, but i'm afraid it will turn to white noise.   I want to start a blog, but i'm afraid it will turn to white noise. EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 9:58 pm

What do I do about comments? I'm tempted to just trash the ones that don't directly pertain, but I also kinda want to reply as slender man.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I want to start a blog, but i'm afraid it will turn to white noise.   I want to start a blog, but i'm afraid it will turn to white noise. Empty

Back to top Go down

I want to start a blog, but i'm afraid it will turn to white noise.
Page 1 of 1