Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

"Most Gamers Quit New Games Within First Five Minutes Unless They Kill Something"

Go down 
+9
Wowcomix
Picklen'UrSickel
Cybermat47
thexlastxdalek
Lumine
DaLadybugMan
awkwardraptor
thisistheend
sethlapod555
13 posters
AuthorMessage
sethlapod555
Survivor
sethlapod555

Current Win Points : 708

"Most Gamers Quit New Games Within First Five Minutes Unless They Kill Something" Empty
PostSubject: "Most Gamers Quit New Games Within First Five Minutes Unless They Kill Something"   "Most Gamers Quit New Games Within First Five Minutes Unless They Kill Something" EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 1:45 pm

I found this article posted in a Facebook group, and I honestly believe it. Most players nowadays seem to want to kill things rather than use their brain for skillful playing and doing other things rather than kill.

http://www.p4rgaming.com/most-gamers-quit-new-games-within-first-five-minutes-unless-they-kill-something/

What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/drstevzious117
thisistheend
Observer

Current Win Points : 50

"Most Gamers Quit New Games Within First Five Minutes Unless They Kill Something" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Most Gamers Quit New Games Within First Five Minutes Unless They Kill Something"   "Most Gamers Quit New Games Within First Five Minutes Unless They Kill Something" EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 2:21 pm

Half bullshit and half true.
Depends on the player. There are a lot of people that started gaming with BF3 and Black Ops and that's why they are impatient.

Back to top Go down
sethlapod555
Survivor
sethlapod555

Current Win Points : 708

PostSubject: Re: "Most Gamers Quit New Games Within First Five Minutes Unless They Kill Something"   "Most Gamers Quit New Games Within First Five Minutes Unless They Kill Something" EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 2:37 pm

Yeah, I guess it all depends on gaming experience and preferences.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/drstevzious117
awkwardraptor
Escaped
awkwardraptor

Current Win Points : 478

PostSubject: Re: "Most Gamers Quit New Games Within First Five Minutes Unless They Kill Something"   "Most Gamers Quit New Games Within First Five Minutes Unless They Kill Something" EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 3:14 pm

thisistheend wrote:
Half bullshit and half true.
Depends on the player. There are a lot of people that started gaming with BF3 and Black Ops and that's why they are impatient.

Yeah, I have to agree with that statement.

Basically what I have noticed is that gamers that grew up with FPS game and games where you kill and the like, tend to be less patient when it comes to game that has no "killing" in it.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
DaLadybugMan
Blackout
DaLadybugMan

Current Win Points : 488

PostSubject: Re: "Most Gamers Quit New Games Within First Five Minutes Unless They Kill Something"   "Most Gamers Quit New Games Within First Five Minutes Unless They Kill Something" EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 6:01 pm

There's also probably a lot of cherry-picking with this. Choosing people who they think will support their controversy-raising views. Because talking about artistic or atmospheric games will result in a "that's neat, but who cares?" reaction from most readers.
Back to top Go down
http://slenderbloggins.net
Lumine
Observer
Lumine

Current Win Points : 39

PostSubject: Re: "Most Gamers Quit New Games Within First Five Minutes Unless They Kill Something"   "Most Gamers Quit New Games Within First Five Minutes Unless They Kill Something" EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 7:25 pm

I'd like to see their statistics in detail. According to my Criminal Justice textbook, it claims that videogames and violence in movies makes men predispositioned to be aggressive with their wife, and women exposed at a young age to be abused more often. However it does not go into detail as to how they did their study, which is why I HIGHLY doubt the claim can be accurate data.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/roballencomber
thexlastxdalek
Watched
thexlastxdalek

Current Win Points : 91

PostSubject: Re: "Most Gamers Quit New Games Within First Five Minutes Unless They Kill Something"   "Most Gamers Quit New Games Within First Five Minutes Unless They Kill Something" EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 7:52 pm

This has to be half true because I grew up with Zelda games and a friend of my with Halo and he is indeed less patient Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/aaronklompp
Cybermat47
Untainted
Cybermat47

Current Win Points : 15

PostSubject: Re: "Most Gamers Quit New Games Within First Five Minutes Unless They Kill Something"   "Most Gamers Quit New Games Within First Five Minutes Unless They Kill Something" EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 11:24 pm

Despite the fact that most of the games I play are in the Haloseries, I think that survival horror games, RTSs, and simulators are very, very good genres.
Back to top Go down
Picklen'UrSickel
Observer
Picklen'UrSickel

Current Win Points : 7

PostSubject: Re: "Most Gamers Quit New Games Within First Five Minutes Unless They Kill Something"   "Most Gamers Quit New Games Within First Five Minutes Unless They Kill Something" EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 6:05 pm

Just take a look at titles like "Skyrim" compared to "Oblivion" or "Morrowind" gaming is dumbing down, everyone needs to win no one wants to fail, everyone wants to be the best. Honestly gaming is going down the shitter many game developers have began dumbing down everything and anything so it will keep to the attention span of four year old children. Just my take on things, I can't even play modern video games now :/.
Back to top Go down
Wowcomix
Anxious

Current Win Points : 4

PostSubject: Re: "Most Gamers Quit New Games Within First Five Minutes Unless They Kill Something"   "Most Gamers Quit New Games Within First Five Minutes Unless They Kill Something" EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 1:39 pm

Well Picklen, if I might play devil's advocate here... I honestly believe that this so-called "dumbing down" is going to be the only way the video game industry will have a profitable future.

Another concept people don't seem to be able to grasp is that the concept of "fun" when it comes to gaming, has changed its definition. Nowadays people find it more fun to go around pwning stuff in two seconds rather than putting in an effort over five minutes.

...Why there can't be a balance between the two is beyond my comprehension. : /
Back to top Go down
ArueIsClose
Observer
ArueIsClose

Current Win Points : 24

PostSubject: Re: "Most Gamers Quit New Games Within First Five Minutes Unless They Kill Something"   "Most Gamers Quit New Games Within First Five Minutes Unless They Kill Something" EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 3:55 pm

I do both. As though I would be known as a so called " Pro Sniper ", I am also fond of chess. So, chess is strategy. I convert that strategy I know of in my intellect and merely apply it to a first-person shooting game.
In other words, I use one to help the other.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/DownLowUnited
BlueMarble
Stalked

Current Win Points : 149

PostSubject: Re: "Most Gamers Quit New Games Within First Five Minutes Unless They Kill Something"   "Most Gamers Quit New Games Within First Five Minutes Unless They Kill Something" EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 4:23 pm

Personally, I think FPS games are dumb. Sure, I can play them, but they're very, very dumb. I like RTS, puzzle, sandbox, platformer games. Those games actually make you think.
Back to top Go down
http://josephwritesrandomstuff.blogspot.com/
The Doctor
Admin
The Doctor

Current Win Points : 293

PostSubject: Re: "Most Gamers Quit New Games Within First Five Minutes Unless They Kill Something"   "Most Gamers Quit New Games Within First Five Minutes Unless They Kill Something" EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 8:48 pm

While I very much enjoy my FPS games and wrecking people on Halo, I more enjoy a good story. The Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Alan Wake, those are my kind of games. Minecraft too, definitely, as I like to create, explore, and discover in an open world where nothing is set in stone for you, story-wise. When I would DM for Dungeons and Dragons, I would always run a Waterdeep Module. Waterdeep Modules are basically 25% Combat and 75% Roleplaying. I was the Waterdeep DM, my nickname at the game store where I DM'd. So, in short, I never quit a game if I don't kill something in the first five minutes. In fact, if I kill something in the first five minutes, I sometimes can be turned off of a game, simply because I feel like that's the only way they can keep someone interested, with carnage and bullets. It depends on the game and my mentality at that point, but yeah, there's my 2 cents.
Back to top Go down
https://slendernation.forumotion.com
Wowcomix
Anxious

Current Win Points : 4

PostSubject: Re: "Most Gamers Quit New Games Within First Five Minutes Unless They Kill Something"   "Most Gamers Quit New Games Within First Five Minutes Unless They Kill Something" EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 8:46 am

My games are the Fallout series, Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, Mario, Sonic, classic Spyro... the list goes on. I do have one Call of Duty game for the DS but I don't really play it as much as I thought I would.
Back to top Go down
Chieftain1
Taken
Chieftain1

Current Win Points : 193

PostSubject: Re: "Most Gamers Quit New Games Within First Five Minutes Unless They Kill Something"   "Most Gamers Quit New Games Within First Five Minutes Unless They Kill Something" EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 11:10 am

I'm not really the FPS guy,I do play some FPS games like TF2,Bioshock,HL2 etc.The games I prefer to play are games like Gmod,minecraft,Fallout,Silent Hill,LIMBO,Legend of Zelda,Amnesia.I don't really mind if I don't kill something in the first five minutes,as long the game interests me,story-wise I'm happy.Hell I even played a whole "game" that you don't kill anything,Dear Esther.I'm not really sure if you can called a game because it's more of a walking simulator but it interests me with a story and a couple of ghost sightings.
I'm more of a gamer that plays for a the story and the gameplay.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLnGZjFH39HUbq_5uecBV-g
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Most Gamers Quit New Games Within First Five Minutes Unless They Kill Something"   "Most Gamers Quit New Games Within First Five Minutes Unless They Kill Something" Empty

Back to top Go down

"Most Gamers Quit New Games Within First Five Minutes Unless They Kill Something"
Page 1 of 1