Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Making the Videos

Go down 
+2
sethlapod555
The compiler
6 posters
AuthorMessage
The compiler
Observer
The compiler

Current Win Points : 88

Making the Videos Empty
PostSubject: Making the Videos   Making the Videos EmptyMon May 06, 2013 8:51 am

Hi people of the Slender Nation. I have an idea that I think that most of you will like. The mythos needs explaination videos. What I mean by this is a series of videos, each covering one or two of the series (Vlogs and Blogs). The idea would be to compile all the information that the fanbase has been provided, including Twitter, decoded messages and more. However, I cannot do this alone. To do this alone I would need to spend at least 1-4 days a series for the smaller ones with probably weeks for the big 5 (EMH, MH, TT, DH, ML). If you think this is stupid please tell me. If you think this is a good idea then great. If you want to help, please just start looking for information. For formats Please structure them like this:
Series name: xxxxx
Subs: xxxxx (date)
Active media: xxxxx (Youtube (all channels eg. MH+TTA), Twitter, ETC.)
Characters:

Videos (Please Put in decending order oldest-newest) (don't include if there are no YT videos)
Name:
Date:
Chartacters: (Includes people on the other side of phones and computers, Includes people from other series (please use an acronym after their name, every time if there are multiple people))
Link:
Related Media: (eg. PDF's, Twitter posts, other videos etc
Important Points: (eg. first proxy sighting, plot point (eg. THE VIRUS [ML]), what someone says, anything that you deem improtant to the plot)
Summary:

Blog Timeline (Decending order, start-latest) (don't include if there is not a Blog)
(simply put how the story of the blog goes please)

Other Timelines (Decending order, start-latest)
(Put the name of where the thing is then summarize story)

Other (Decending order, start-latest)
(anything that doesn't fit elsewhere (eg. downloads and others) goes here)

If you decide to help then again, thankyou. Very Happy
This will take a lot of time and effort but the we can create something that will be a useful resource for everyone.
Back to top Go down
sethlapod555
Survivor
sethlapod555

Current Win Points : 708

Making the Videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making the Videos   Making the Videos EmptyMon May 06, 2013 2:16 pm

Although there already is a series out there called compileTRUTH, this sounds like a great idea! Considering that compileTRUTH is pretty much done, this could definitely pick that sort of thing back up, because they didn't do much of the smaller series like you want to. This is definitely a great idea, and I love the sound of it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/drstevzious117
AlkerStay
Observer
AlkerStay

Current Win Points : 30

Making the Videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making the Videos   Making the Videos EmptyTue May 07, 2013 5:21 am

I would probably help If you wanted.
Back to top Go down
thexlastxdalek
Watched
thexlastxdalek

Current Win Points : 91

Making the Videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making the Videos   Making the Videos EmptyTue May 07, 2013 7:18 am

I can do EverymanHYBRID I love them
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/aaronklompp
Lumine
Observer
Lumine

Current Win Points : 39

Making the Videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making the Videos   Making the Videos EmptyTue May 07, 2013 7:40 am

Make sure your videos are consistent in quality. Drop in production quality on videos like these would be bad
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/roballencomber
thexlastxdalek
Watched
thexlastxdalek

Making the Videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making the Videos   Making the Videos EmptyTue May 07, 2013 10:16 am

Agreed
Back to top Go down
The compiler
Observer
The compiler

Making the Videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making the Videos   Making the Videos EmptyTue May 07, 2013 12:51 pm

This is more positive than I expected. I haven't made any starts at this because I wasn't sure what the reaction would be. My plan is to start this as soon as I get my new computer (which honestly may take some time) and the software I need (because nobody likes movie maker). However in the meantime I/we should gater as much info as I/we can because I want to make these pretty in depth.

@Lumine: I agree completely about the quality. They would be almost completely useless if they were low quality because nobody would want to watch them.

@AlkerStay: If you could choose one of the series you follow and start a document according to the template that's in my first comment that would be wonderful.

@projectbigfoot1: It would be great if you could do EMH, but it needs to go into sufficent detail due to its place in the mythos (being one of the big 5).

Again thanks for the reception guys, the more stuff we can compile before I/we get started the better because then we won't have too much time between videos.
Back to top Go down
Lumine
Observer
Lumine

Making the Videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making the Videos   Making the Videos EmptyTue May 07, 2013 6:53 pm

Make an outline of your own predicament first. Though CompileTRUTH did the similar, you should state whether or not you are going to be in-game or out-of-game.

Secondly, choose the first few series or stories you want to cover, and work from there. Don't try to gather globs of information. If you need to, consult the Creators of the story or channel/blog too.

Remember, CompileTRUTH did a lot of the forefather vlogs and series, and some of them are still progressing today. Keep that in mind when you make videos about the originals.
Back to top Go down
The compiler
Observer
The compiler

Making the Videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making the Videos   Making the Videos EmptyWed May 08, 2013 12:37 pm

I plan for these to be OOG and the first ones I think I should cover are the Big five first. Then it should continue from the first in chronological order. Of course the very first video should be an introduction to slenderman and his history for people who have come from Slender to try and fix the skewed view that they have of him.
Back to top Go down
PostIt
Anxious
PostIt

Current Win Points : 17

Making the Videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making the Videos   Making the Videos EmptyWed May 08, 2013 4:39 pm

That sounds like an awesome idea. Don't be afraid to PM people for help too (i.e. the creators or whoever). I'd help but I'm not even sure where I'd start.
Either way, looking foward to it!
Back to top Go down
Lumine
Observer
Lumine

Making the Videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making the Videos   Making the Videos EmptyWed May 08, 2013 5:41 pm

The compiler wrote:
I plan for these to be OOG and the first ones I think I should cover are the Big five first. Then it should continue from the first in chronological order. Of course the very first video should be an introduction to slenderman and his history for people who have come from Slender to try and fix the skewed view that they have of him.

Be sure to respect the established specifications laid out by the creators or canon. Example: TribeTwelve just entered it's first Season Break and OOG its been confirmed that 'Act 1' of TribeTwelve is over.
Back to top Go down
thexlastxdalek
Watched
thexlastxdalek

Making the Videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making the Videos   Making the Videos EmptyThu May 09, 2013 5:28 am

Lumine wrote:
The compiler wrote:

Be sure to respect the established specifications laid out by the creators or canon. Example: TribeTwelve just entered it's first Season Break and OOG its been confirmed that 'Act 1' of TribeTwelve is over.

true I will miss it haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Making the Videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Making the Videos   Making the Videos Empty

Back to top Go down

Making the Videos
Page 1 of 1