Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Movement of the Slenderman

Go down 
+13
BlueMarble
spawn250
SalvatoreHaran
Picklen'UrSickel
Osiris
Etreo
JustinDGBZ
Cybermat47
awkwardraptor
aGamingFish
timeobserver2013
T-M-S
PointlessTest
17 posters
AuthorMessage
PointlessTest
Observer

Current Win Points : 59

Movement of the Slenderman Empty
PostSubject: Movement of the Slenderman   Movement of the Slenderman EmptyWed May 29, 2013 5:39 pm

-

Last edited by PointlessTest on Sat May 25, 2019 9:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
T-M-S
Observer
T-M-S

Current Win Points : 63

PostSubject: Re: Movement of the Slenderman   Movement of the Slenderman EmptyWed May 29, 2013 5:43 pm

I like the idea that Slenderman is fully physical and animate. But most of the time he chooses to remain still, or move only slightly. Not only does it remove the issue of impotence as a result of him being static, but it makes the time he spends unmoving all the more sinister.

Also it means most series' portrayals of him do not conflict if you follow that theory.
Back to top Go down
timeobserver2013
Taken
timeobserver2013

Current Win Points : 113

PostSubject: Re: Movement of the Slenderman   Movement of the Slenderman EmptyWed May 29, 2013 5:58 pm

I personally like Slendy's static position, but I like some sort of movement such as Scuffling. The Slenderman inching closer without walking. That i find meanancing.
Back to top Go down
PointlessTest
Observer

PostSubject: Re: Movement of the Slenderman   Movement of the Slenderman EmptyThu May 30, 2013 3:34 am

-

Last edited by PointlessTest on Sat May 25, 2019 9:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
aGamingFish
Anxious
aGamingFish

Current Win Points : 4

PostSubject: Re: Movement of the Slenderman   Movement of the Slenderman EmptyThu May 30, 2013 4:47 am

I think Slender Man should be able to walk around normally, like a person would, but on film it should be done very carefully. I don't believe there is anything more effective to ruin the scariness of a video than for Slendy to look or seem silly. That's why I like the idea of him being still, it's creepy, and for a creator, easy to execute well. If he's going to walk around, it shouldn't be done too often.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/GreyPixelFilms?feature=mhee
awkwardraptor
Escaped
awkwardraptor

Current Win Points : 478

PostSubject: Re: Movement of the Slenderman   Movement of the Slenderman EmptyThu May 30, 2013 1:56 pm

To me, whether Slender Man moves or doesn't move should be based on the situation at hand in the series. Like, say Slender Man shows up for about 5 seconds or so in a video without any conflict between Slender Man and the person filming, I wouldn't expect Slendy to be walking around for that time that he is in the video, because that would take away the scare factor, so to speak. At the same time, I wouldn't expect Slendy to just stand there doing nothing if there was some sort of conflict in the video, because to me it wouldn't really make any sense. But that's just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
PointlessTest
Observer

PostSubject: Re: Movement of the Slenderman   Movement of the Slenderman EmptyFri May 31, 2013 8:22 am

-

Back to top Go down
awkwardraptor
Escaped
awkwardraptor

PostSubject: Re: Movement of the Slenderman   Movement of the Slenderman EmptyFri May 31, 2013 5:22 pm

PointlessTest wrote:
awkwardraptor wrote:
To me, whether Slender Man moves or doesn't move should be based on the situation at hand in the series. Like, say Slender Man shows up for about 5 seconds or so in a video without any conflict between Slender Man and the person filming, I wouldn't expect Slendy to be walking around for that time that he is in the video, because that would take away the scare factor, so to speak. At the same time, I wouldn't expect Slendy to just stand there doing nothing if there was some sort of conflict in the video, because to me it wouldn't really make any sense. But that's just my opinion.
But then again we primarily see him attack using some kind of "mind crush" or telekinesis. rarely will he latch out at people, and I think for good reason Razz

Yeah, good point, but to me Slendy always look way more menacing when actually moving around (Such as in Greg's Final Log in Dark Harvest.) as opposed to just standing there during an attempted attack on him by a person.

But to each their own.
Back to top Go down
PointlessTest
Observer

PostSubject: Re: Movement of the Slenderman   Movement of the Slenderman EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 2:58 am

-

Last edited by PointlessTest on Sat May 25, 2019 9:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
awkwardraptor
Escaped
awkwardraptor

PostSubject: Re: Movement of the Slenderman   Movement of the Slenderman EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 10:22 am

PointlessTest wrote:
One thing I would like to se a series pull off is Slenderman walking through the use of his tentacles.

I think I remember seeing a couple of series pull that off, but I'm not certain.
Back to top Go down
PointlessTest
Observer

PostSubject: Re: Movement of the Slenderman   Movement of the Slenderman EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 12:42 pm

-

Last edited by PointlessTest on Sat May 25, 2019 9:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cybermat47
Untainted
Cybermat47

Current Win Points : 15

PostSubject: Re: Movement of the Slenderman   Movement of the Slenderman EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 8:29 pm

I like the idea of Slender Man being able to move completely. I think that when he stays completely still, it's just a scare tactic.

That works, unfortunately! Sad
Back to top Go down
JustinDGBZ
Watched

Current Win Points : 95

PostSubject: Re: Movement of the Slenderman   Movement of the Slenderman EmptySat Jun 01, 2013 10:45 pm

I personally prefer Slenderman not moving. To me, that fits more to the mythos that has been set up (mostly by Marble Hornets I suppose, which is what I consider to be "the original vlog"), and usually whenever I consider Slender Man as moving it just seems too "human" and I don't consider that to be as scary. I'm completely fine with Slenderwalking, which shows he's more like a mystical creature that is more than just a guy in a suit. DarkHarvest was mentioned here earlier, and the example of the chase scene is an excellent one, although I don't want to see things like where he was supposedly "caught off guard" during the elevator scene where he's walking all weird and looks like he's sorta flailing around. I enjoy the aspects of Slenderman where he teleports wherever he wants, even if it's usually just him standing there, and a good example of how I like Slenderman "walking" is during the TribeTwelve video where Noah tries to shoot at him, and then he suddenly "Slenderwalks" down the hallway in a good rapid two seconds, that threw me off guard and make me go "OSHIT!"

There is also the matter of "gamma radiation", where in getting closer to Slenderman causes things such as migraines, memory problems, etc. I feel that his movement is somehow linked to this (as if he Slenderwalks, maybe that ability is a cause of the "gamma radiation", or whatever stuff that surrounds and leaks from him). For example, if Evan were to have Slenderman slowly walk up to him instead of him running to him during the scene were he tries to attack him with the bat, the effects wouldn't be so sudden and it'd slowly effect them and they'd know to stay away almost right away instead of attack as the effects would be gradual and that'd correlate to Slendy going to them. But some series, such as DarkHarvest, don't seem to (atleast entirely) go with such gamma radiation, as when there's the scene of a certain someone being locked in a room by a traitor, when Slendy gets close to him he's not radiation-affected. This kinda connects to movement because I personally find that gamma radiation makes Slendy more dangerous, and more dangerous means more scary... if he teleports next to you, you're going to suddenly be affected, which could possibly mean sudden death and that there is a fear of the unknown.
Back to top Go down
Etreo
Runner
Etreo

Current Win Points : 261

PostSubject: Re: Movement of the Slenderman   Movement of the Slenderman EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 5:23 am

I don't really have a whole lot to contribute except to say that, to Justin, MH was the original vlog. No two ways about it. It was the first.

Also I love the way he moves in Dark Harvest.
Back to top Go down
awkwardraptor
Escaped
awkwardraptor

PostSubject: Re: Movement of the Slenderman   Movement of the Slenderman EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 8:17 am

awkwardraptor wrote:
PointlessTest wrote:
One thing I would like to se a series pull off is Slenderman walking through the use of his tentacles.

I think I remember seeing a couple of series pull that off, but I'm not certain.

PointlessTest wrote:
Do drop the names if you remember Smile
I do remember one of them.

It was a series called Akoolstick
Back to top Go down
Etreo
Runner
Etreo

Current Win Points : 261

PostSubject: Re: Movement of the Slenderman   Movement of the Slenderman EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 8:25 am

Well, I'm going to watch that. Sounds awesome.
Back to top Go down
Osiris
Untainted
Osiris

Current Win Points : 11

PostSubject: Re: Movement of the Slenderman   Movement of the Slenderman EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 6:15 pm

I made this in one of my videos....

Movement of the Slenderman Osiris-chronicles-the-fever-o
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/OsirisChronicles
Picklen'UrSickel
Observer
Picklen'UrSickel

Current Win Points : 7

PostSubject: Re: Movement of the Slenderman   Movement of the Slenderman EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 7:35 pm

I'm not really one who really "likes" Slenderman walking. In my opinion he should "teleport" at least more often the he walks. I have seen quite a few series try and give Slenderman movement through walking and most of the time it, to me looks horrid. If you can put money into a form of animation that makes it look good then by all means I would not mind it. However plenty of slender series portray Slenderman as a walking robot, his legs move unnaturally in a bad way and in some cases you can see creases where an actual actors knees are inside the suit. It all depends on money and time, if you want to have Slenderman walk then put the money into it.. don't for the love of god have him parading around making it obvious its a man in a suit. Ditching the walking aspect is easier and in my opinion it looks a whole hell of allot better when you have an "action" or moving sequence with Slenderman.

That's my film or series take on things however In mythos I also agree that he should be teleporting more often then walking or when he is walking there should be some strange way he does so that is creepy but not over the top. Also I would hate for Slenderman to just be standing around I believe his head should move allot as if he has eyes of sorts. Lastly static to me is getting a little cheesy I mean sure it's a good way to add a form of little fear but it's over used (( no hipster here ;3 )) I just think a new idea on what he causes/does to the environment/people when he is around would be awesome.
Back to top Go down
SalvatoreHaran
Watched
SalvatoreHaran

Current Win Points : 73

PostSubject: Re: Movement of the Slenderman   Movement of the Slenderman EmptySun Jun 02, 2013 9:47 pm

It is very situation dependent, especially depending on what the creator is going for. Scary or other wise, it should feel right and not take away but add to whatever idea they what to perceive.

Also, teleporting is awesome, I showed him warping in and warping out in my show to show teleporting and I hope it added a certain creep factor not typically seen.
Back to top Go down
http://salvatoreharan.tumblr.com/
spawn250
Anxious

Current Win Points : 26

PostSubject: Re: Movement of the Slenderman   Movement of the Slenderman EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 1:09 am

I like teleporting a lot and if I could do it I would, instead I went with what I thought was the next best thing, time displacement (slit scan) and it works really well and can be done really creepily too.
Back to top Go down
BlueMarble
Stalked

Current Win Points : 149

PostSubject: Re: Movement of the Slenderman   Movement of the Slenderman EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:49 am

Here's how I like it: Slendy only teleports when people aren't looking or\and when he's not on cameras. He walks only when people aren't looking but when he's on camera, and he just stands there when people are looking.
Back to top Go down
http://josephwritesrandomstuff.blogspot.com/
AdamDoesThings
Untainted

Current Win Points : 4

PostSubject: Re: Movement of the Slenderman   Movement of the Slenderman EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 7:09 pm

Slendy walking just looks stupid, but other movements like tilting his head and creeping through doorways (I think they did that in DH) are cool
Back to top Go down
thisistheend
Observer

Current Win Points : 50

PostSubject: Re: Movement of the Slenderman   Movement of the Slenderman EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 2:26 pm

For my series I did this. I really wanted to try something new with the movement of Slender Man. (Starts at the twenty-something second mark):

Back to top Go down
Swallowedglass
Untainted
Swallowedglass

Current Win Points : 3
Location : Slenderverse Cafeteria, the second table from the left.

PostSubject: Re: Movement of the Slenderman   Movement of the Slenderman EmptySun Jun 22, 2014 11:05 am

Picklen'UrSickel wrote:
I'm not really one who really "likes" Slenderman walking. In my opinion he should "teleport" at least more often the he walks. I have seen quite a few series try and give Slenderman movement through walking and most of the time it, to me looks horrid. If you can put money into a form of animation that makes it look good then by all means I would not mind it. However plenty of slender series portray Slenderman as a walking robot, his legs move unnaturally in a bad way and in some cases you can see creases where an actual actors knees are inside the suit. It all depends on money and time, if you want to have Slenderman walk then put the money into it.. don't for the love of god have him parading around making it obvious its a man in a suit. Ditching the walking aspect is easier and in my opinion it looks a whole hell of allot better when you have an "action" or moving sequence with Slenderman.

That's my film or series take on things however In mythos I also agree that he should be teleporting more often then walking or when he is walking there should be some strange way he does so that is creepy but not over the top. Also I would hate for Slenderman to just be standing around I believe his head should move allot as if he has eyes of sorts. Lastly static to me is getting a little cheesy I mean sure it's a good way to add a form of little fear but it's over used (( no hipster here ;3 )) I just think a new idea on what he causes/does to the environment/people when he is around would be awesome.

Yes, This is exactly what I think too. (Oh and Hi everyone, I'm new here Smile )
Slenderman shouldn't be walking. To me, it breaks the creepiness. Having him just stand still is creepy, but even scarier would be tilting his head or similar, not too much in order to keep it scary, but on occasion that would only add to the creepiness. He should appear living enough to look clever but dead enough to make him look extremely terrifying.
Back to top Go down
http://dark3z.blogspot.com/
xyzombie
Taken
xyzombie

Current Win Points : 79

PostSubject: Re: Movement of the Slenderman   Movement of the Slenderman EmptySun Jun 22, 2014 4:36 pm

I personally am one who enjoys a nice mixture between the brisk walking and the rapidly teleporting Slenderman. My favorite entries from early marble hornets are when Alex was at the playground, or when he was looking out at his porch from inside the house.
Spoiler:
They just felt really right. I know peoples opinions will differ, and I know mine isn't the end-all solution, but I feel like the typical standing-around Slenderman is kind of boring and over-done and not as threatening as a moving one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movement of the Slenderman   Movement of the Slenderman Empty

Back to top Go down

Movement of the Slenderman
Page 1 of 1