Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff

HomepageHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Share | 

TribeTwelve - General Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
niox
Anxious

Current Win Points : 19

PostSubject: Re: TribeTwelve - General Discussion   Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:08 pm

Fixed some of your errors in the transcript. Smile

John: Hello? Hello?
Noah: Uh, hello, uh, is this John Fletcher?
John: Yeah, this is him.
Noah: Hey, uh, my name's Noah. I understand that you were once living with the Asher family? Uh, is this correct?
John: Yeah.
Noah: Okay, uh, I'm trying to contact Mary Ashe. Do you have her phone number?
John: Well, her number is 256-*audio cuts out* But she doesn't live at her old house anymore.
Noah: Okay, uh, what about her cell?
John: Yeah, hold on a sec, hold on, hold on.
Noah: Alright.
John: Yea, that's uh, 845-*Audio cuts out* She hasn't answered her cell in months, so you won't get anyone. Who is this again?
Noah: Oh, okay. Uh, um, I'm sorry. Uh, I've been trying to contact you for a while now. Um, I'm Noah Maxwell. Milo was my cousin. Also my par-
John: Oh! Okay, oh you're Noah. Yeah. *chuckles*
Noah: Huh, wha?
John: Yeah, I saw you at the funeral. Milo always talked about you, rest his soul. Yeah, you were one of his old friends. When'd you guys stop talking?
Noah: Well I uh, we just sorta drifted apart and I really should have kept in contact with him. I feel terrible about all of it and I- sorry about all the messages I've been leaving on your message machine and-
John: Ah, that's fine. I've just been on leave for the holidays. I just haven't been able to get to my phone till now.
Noah: *Stumbling on words* If it's alright can I ask you a few questions, if that's okay with you?
John: Yeah sure.
Noah: I've been very curious about Milo's passing, and uh, were there and suspicious circumstances surrounding his death at all? That you know of?
John: I'm not all too sure. I don't know if you know, but I left Mary after he visited you in 2008. To tell you the truth, I don't know much about how he died beside that he OD'd on his pills.
Noah: Well do you know anything about it? At all?
John: Yeah, I kept in contact after Mary before I lost touch of her. She told me that Milo was not his normal himself like those last couple of weeks. You might already know he was an anti-social fellow. And she said he became more reclusive than usual. You know? And he didn't even want to get to school, he locked himself in his room for hours. He didn't want to eat. Refused food. I thought he was steadily losing it. They didn't take him to the doctor. He made such a fuss. He never wanted to go outside, nothing like that. Milo really became detached from his mom too, and honestly I wouldn't blame him.
Noah: Wait, what do you mean? What do you mean you wouldn't blame him?
John: Why do you think I left her? Milo wasn't the only one going crazy. I was with her for 5 years. Every so often she'd have these like odd spells where she'd just be paranoid about everything. I thought it was just a lie or a tick of something of hers, but it got more frequent over the years. That's where I thought Milo got his mental issues from. From her. Some hereditary bullshit. You know what I'm talking about. It couldn't of been from Robert. I knew him for years before Mary and I had met up. Yeah, we were pretty good friends. Now he was a sane man.
Noah: Alright, I didn't know much about her. I barely even saw her, maybe once or twice. But uh, what do you mean she was paranoid?
John: She never told me until I was really with her. She heard voices, locked herself in rooms of the house. You know, she saw people who weren't there. Yeah, she told me about some man named 'Mr. Slim' that was after her. Yeah, he was always there, she always told me. Some wacko bullshit. She came at me with a fucking knife one night, said I was working for him or some shit. But I managed to calm her down before she did anything stupid. God damn, I feared for my life. I had to leave.
Noah: Hold on, hold on. What did she say about this man?
John: Eh, she didn't say much. I never bothered to ask her about her delusions. *Chuckles* I always remember her mentioning about seeing the guy by her bed at night. It was all in her head. Totally psycho.
Noah: Wait, so you're telling me you don't know anything about her current whereabouts? Where she is, where she lives?
John: No, the last time I saw her was probably when you did, at the funeral. About a month after that she stopped picking up her phone. I drove over to her house, about two weeks ago, just to check in on her. I'll tell ya, the property was overrun with weeds, house was totally abandoned, car was gone. No idea. Don't know where she went. I actually thought you would know more.
Noah: Okay. I've been trying to contact her, for a while now. A few months. Does she have an e-mail, or is there any sort of way I could get in touch with her? It's very important that I do. John: Hey, I've been trying too man. Haven't found a trace of her yet. It's like she just got up and left town. *Creaking noise* Hey, I got a job interview in about 20 minutes so could we wrap this up?
Noah: Ah shit, alright. Uh, if you happen to find her, or get any contact info on her; please, please let me know, alright?
John: Yeah, alright. Alright, alright. I'll give you a call if anything comes up. I have your number on my phone now so I'll just call you.
Noah: Okay, thanks so much Mr. Fletcher. This is, this really means a lot to me. I really appreciate your time.
John: Yeah, no problem man.
Noah: Okay, I'll talk you you later alright?
John: Yeah, bye.
Noah: Alright bye, and thanks again.

*Proceed with Noah cursing*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zander
Survivor

Current Win Points : 640

PostSubject: Re: TribeTwelve - General Discussion   Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:46 pm

Ah, hereditary. Should've figured. x.o Thanks man.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hither-Thither
Observer

Current Win Points : 89

PostSubject: Re: TribeTwelve - General Discussion   Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:30 pm

Thanks guys, that helped out a lot. C:

Sooo... I guess he's gonna go on an adventure now? Do want.

And I like that "Mr. Slim" alias. It's almost cute. :B
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://dragonlvrgyrl.deviantart.com
Zander
Survivor

PostSubject: Re: TribeTwelve - General Discussion   Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:39 pm

You're a mean one, Mr. Slim~

Bwahahaha.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bloodshade
Untainted

Current Win Points : 1

PostSubject: Re: TribeTwelve - General Discussion   Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:12 am

Hahahaha!!! Good one Zander XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LisaEvermore
Taken

Current Win Points : 139

PostSubject: Re: TribeTwelve - General Discussion   Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:58 am

Hither-Thither wrote:
And I like that "Mr. Slim" alias. It's almost cute. :B

I thought the same thing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://littlemsgreeneyes.tumblr.com/
BlackWolf
Watched

Current Win Points : 99

PostSubject: Re: TribeTwelve - General Discussion   Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:06 pm

I like that too. I think people should incorporate different names for Slendy when they start a new series.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WhiteWolf
Observer

Current Win Points : 61

PostSubject: Re: TribeTwelve - General Discussion   Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:18 pm

Agreed. It gives what is happening to these people a personal flair. For narrative reasons, the characters in most Slendy series don't know that the tall, slim, figure following them is known as the Slender Man to the rest of the world. People that don't know what we know are going to come to their own conclusions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LisaEvermore
Taken

PostSubject: Re: TribeTwelve - General Discussion   Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:38 pm

BlackWolf wrote:
I like that too. I think people should incorporate different names for Slendy when they start a new series.

I personally seek out that little element.

Along with avoiding The Operator symbol in anything but Marble Hornets.
Back to top Go down
LuciaInFurs
Anxious

Current Win Points : 53

PostSubject: Re: TribeTwelve - General Discussion   Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:41 pm

I think nods to other series are effective. For instance, if a few videos into a series they had a little Operator symbol hidden somewhere it'd freak me out. but in T12 it was taking the piss a little...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.luciainfurs.wordpress.com
LisaEvermore
Taken

PostSubject: Re: TribeTwelve - General Discussion   Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:17 pm

^I don't mind there being little like Easter Egg Operator symbols, but when it is the center of focus... It always leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
Back to top Go down
Zander
Survivor

PostSubject: Re: TribeTwelve - General Discussion   Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:36 pm

^Don't take the piss Boris.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
niox
Anxious

Current Win Points : 19

PostSubject: Re: TribeTwelve - General Discussion   Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:37 pm

LisaEvermore wrote:
^I don't mind there being little like Easter Egg Operator symbols, but when it is the center of focus... It always leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I agree with this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BlackWolf
Watched

Current Win Points : 99

PostSubject: Re: TribeTwelve - General Discussion   Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:42 pm

I love Easter Egg Operator symbols. But when it's like, 'OMG! OPERATOR SYMBOL! THIS MEANS WE'RE FOR REALZ GUYS!', it's just disappointing. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harlan Phoenix
Untainted

Current Win Points : 33

PostSubject: Re: TribeTwelve - General Discussion   Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:21 pm

I still don't get the hate for the Operator symbol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LuciaInFurs
Anxious

Current Win Points : 53

PostSubject: Re: TribeTwelve - General Discussion   Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:35 am

I've just noticed what it is about TT that annoys me more than whoring and the occasional "I'm Act-Ting" moment.

The coughing. Oh good god the coughing...
it sounds so idiotic that I actually just burst out laughing. It would have been less distracting if they just shouted "Cough! Cough! My character is coughing". All it does it highlight the fact that they are (IRL) defiantly perfectly healthy.

[/minirant]
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.luciainfurs.wordpress.com
Glomple
Untainted

Current Win Points : 18

PostSubject: Re: TribeTwelve - General Discussion   Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:51 pm

Harlan Phoenix wrote:

I think it's because they're featured so prominently and yet MH hasn't explained the point of them yet. Once MH explains them, I think it'll be fine if other series use them, but it's annoying to use a symbol that's blatantly copying while there's only a made-up explanation for them at this point.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Omega
Blackout

Current Win Points : 481

PostSubject: Re: TribeTwelve - General Discussion   Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:56 pm

Glomple wrote:
Harlan Phoenix wrote:

I think it's because they're featured so prominently and yet MH hasn't explained the point of them yet. Once MH explains them, I think it'll be fine if other series use them, but it's annoying to use a symbol that's blatantly copying while there's only a made-up explanation for them at this point.

That's assuming MH ever explains it. A big part of their series is the mystery; there's a good chance that, even at the end, there will still be a lot of unsolved mysteries.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://slenderia.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: TribeTwelve - General Discussion   Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:39 pm

A recent tweet from Noah suggests we'll could be seeing that Thanksgiving footage soon. Anyone excited, or has the initial anticipation worn off now that it's been over a month?
Back to top Go down
Harlan Phoenix
Untainted

PostSubject: Re: TribeTwelve - General Discussion   Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:20 pm

Glomple wrote:
Harlan Phoenix wrote:

Why would a Marble Hornets explanation be necessary? I'd be fine if both series had the symbol mean two completely different things.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Glomple
Untainted

PostSubject: Re: TribeTwelve - General Discussion   Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:30 pm

Harlan Phoenix wrote:
Glomple wrote:
Harlan Phoenix wrote:

Why would a Marble Hornets explanation be necessary? I'd be fine if both series had the symbol mean two completely different things.

MH was the original, it came up with the Operator symbol. So many blogs/vlogs are using it without knowing what it means that it just seems like they're trying to mooch off MH. In my opinion it would be fine if they knew what it was, but nobody knows yet.

And if MH doesn't tell us, that will just be annoying. ._.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harlan Phoenix
Untainted

PostSubject: Re: TribeTwelve - General Discussion   Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:32 pm

Glomple wrote:
Harlan Phoenix wrote:
Glomple wrote:
Harlan Phoenix wrote:

MH was the original, it came up with the Operator symbol. So many blogs/vlogs are using it without knowing what it means that it just seems like they're trying to mooch off MH. In my opinion it would be fine if they knew what it was, but nobody knows yet.

And if MH doesn't tell us, that will just be annoying. ._.

If Marble Hornets can give Slenderman properties that don't appear in the source material, Tribe Twelve can ascribe a symbol whatever meaning it feels like. They're not doing anything different from Hornets.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Glomple
Untainted

PostSubject: Re: TribeTwelve - General Discussion   Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:37 pm

Ehh...there's a difference. MH is creating entirely new stuff to add to the mythos, TT is mooching off that new stuff.

I'm not saying I don't like TT--in fact, I thought the acting in the Phone Call video was superb, and adding the stuff about Milo's mom having the same problems is great. But I just wonder what will happen if MH reveals what the Operator symbol is and it's completely different from what people thought. Heavy-duty covering up will happen. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Harlan Phoenix
Untainted

PostSubject: Re: TribeTwelve - General Discussion   Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:46 pm

Glomple wrote:
Ehh...there's a difference. MH is creating entirely new stuff to add to the mythos, TT is mooching off that new stuff.

Which there's nothing particularly wrong with. I could make the argument that Tribe Twelve is intending to add "entirely new stuff" to the Operator symbol, which would be an equally fair prediction given the mystery behind the emblem. Which would be equal to creating "entirely new stuff" for Slenderman himself.

Just growing different twigs on different branches, but it's essentially the same idea.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zander
Survivor

PostSubject: Re: TribeTwelve - General Discussion   Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:40 pm

*Waits for Thanksgiving footage*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TribeTwelve - General Discussion   Today at 12:35 pm

Back to top Go down