Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

What Has Never Been Done in a Slender Man related series?

Go down 
+15
SalvatoreHaran
lolitics
PointlessTest
Slendercles
timeobserver2013
Etreo
AlanAuch
Wowcomix
xyzombie
Chieftain1
JustinDGBZ
Todesfurcht
Peppercorn
kingxana0
JosiahMiller
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
The compiler
Observer
The compiler

Current Win Points : 88

What Has Never Been Done in a Slender Man related series? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Has Never Been Done in a Slender Man related series?   What Has Never Been Done in a Slender Man related series? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 12:33 pm

Call him 'slender' in an unironic fashion.
Back to top Go down
Wowcomix
Anxious

Current Win Points : 4

PostSubject: Re: What Has Never Been Done in a Slender Man related series?   What Has Never Been Done in a Slender Man related series? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 9:24 pm

Wowcomix wrote:
I was considering doing a sci-fi/horror/comedy series with one of the recurring villains being a Slenderman-like creature named Mr. Evil.
Ok. To expand on this since other people are expanding on theirs, it's a fun (but a bit over-the-top) series of stories about a trio of friends (two of which are actually half-brothers) who hunt monsters and fight aliens and mad scientists, with the Slender Man being a sort of background character for the most part and ALWAYS somehow being the one orchestrating the majority of the evil plots these guys come across, even if he's not the villain they're fighting.

One such story involves an alien planet where the native race is used as pizza ingredients in a frozen-pizza factory. By another alien who is revealed to us (but not the actual team of heroes) to be in ol' Slendy's employ.

This isn't entirely my idea, this originally had its genesis with a friend of mine. But we often collaborate on such things. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Slendercles
Anxious
Slendercles

Current Win Points : 14

PostSubject: Re: What Has Never Been Done in a Slender Man related series?   What Has Never Been Done in a Slender Man related series? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 6:32 pm

SalvatoreHaran wrote:
What are some things that you guys see as things that no one should do, or are rules of the verse?
Never ever use the Marble Hornets symbol, and don't go over the top with your own version of a symbol. This is probably my only gripe with a slender series, but I immediately loose my immersion when I see a series copy marble hornet's symbol. 25 other series have used the symbol and it's dry, used up, and unoriginal. In my opinion of course. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
JosiahMiller
Observer
JosiahMiller

Current Win Points : 28

PostSubject: Re: What Has Never Been Done in a Slender Man related series?   What Has Never Been Done in a Slender Man related series? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 8:14 pm

Slendercles wrote:
SalvatoreHaran wrote:
What are some things that you guys see as things that no one should do, or are rules of the verse?
Never ever use the Marble Hornets symbol, and don't go over the top with your own version of a symbol. This is probably my only gripe with a slender series, but I immediately loose my immersion when I see a series copy marble hornet's symbol. 25 other series have used the symbol and it's dry, used up, and unoriginal. In my opinion of course. Very Happy
Too late.
I purposely ignored that rule, because (To me) having some random symbol that never has any real meaning other than representing your series is less helpful to the story tha the Operator symbol, which is soooo symbolically ingrained into the mythos, that it becomes archetypal. Like Batman's symbol is a bat, and it represents him.
So I used it because the Operator symbol IS Slenderman.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TrialofLeaves?feature=watch
Slendercles
Anxious
Slendercles

PostSubject: Re: What Has Never Been Done in a Slender Man related series?   What Has Never Been Done in a Slender Man related series? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 12:22 am

JosiahMiller wrote:
Slendercles wrote:
SalvatoreHaran wrote:
Too late.
I purposely ignored that rule, because (To me) having some random symbol that never has any real meaning other than representing your series is less helpful to the story tha the Operator symbol, which is soooo symbolically ingrained into the mythos, that it becomes archetypal. Like Batman's symbol is a bat, and it represents him.
So I used it because the Operator symbol IS Slenderman.
I suppose it is better to use the operator symbol than your own made up one, but I'd still stand by my original statement. I know it's ingrained into the mythos at this point; hell, whenever I see it in real life I think of slenderman immediately, but it just seems too cliched at this point, ya know? When I see it in a series I'm like "Oh so thats what we're doing now..."
Back to top Go down
Peppercorn
Anxious
Peppercorn

Current Win Points : 24

PostSubject: Re: What Has Never Been Done in a Slender Man related series?   What Has Never Been Done in a Slender Man related series? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 2:53 am

SalvatoreHaran wrote:
I still cannot stress this enough: underplaying Slender Man and the horror he provides, or using him as a generic monster. Slender Man should be part of a story because it feels like the right kind of story for him to be in, not because he's an easy choice for a monster. Atmosphere needs to be kept in mind; at its best, the Slender Man Mythos provides a bleak, foreboding, and chillingly realistic mystery... but only when it is written by people that remember that its roots were in horror in the first place.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/LaPeppercorn
wiiluigi1998
Untainted
wiiluigi1998

Current Win Points : 6

PostSubject: Re: What Has Never Been Done in a Slender Man related series?   What Has Never Been Done in a Slender Man related series? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 8:21 pm

I've rarely seen an on-camera death, and I want to see pet deaths. It makes the Slenderman seem a lot more violent. Actually, in my new slender-series, I'm planning to do a scene where the Slenderman kills my two cats. Of course, they wouldn't actually be dead, I'd just use the power of CGI. I sound like a psychopath, dont I. :/
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/dudeman121
JosiahMiller
Observer
JosiahMiller

PostSubject: Re: What Has Never Been Done in a Slender Man related series?   What Has Never Been Done in a Slender Man related series? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 8:25 pm

wiiluigi1998 wrote:
I've rarely seen an on-camera death, and I want to see pet deaths. It makes the Slenderman seem a lot more violent. Actually, in my new slender-series, I'm planning to do a scene where the Slenderman kills my two cats. Of course, they wouldn't actually be dead, I'd just use the power of CGI. I sound like a psychopath, dont I. :/
Be careful, TJA Projects got their finale flagged of of youtube based on (IMO) suggestions they killed an animal.
Back to top Go down
wiiluigi1998
Untainted
wiiluigi1998

PostSubject: Re: What Has Never Been Done in a Slender Man related series?   What Has Never Been Done in a Slender Man related series? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 9:14 pm

JosiahMiller wrote:
wiiluigi1998 wrote:
Be careful, TJA Projects got their finale flagged of of youtube based on (IMO) suggestions they killed an animal.
Oh. That's certainly bad. Oh well, I do also want to see the Slenderman moving objects without his arms or whatever. It would make things less predictable.
Back to top Go down
JosiahMiller
Observer
JosiahMiller

PostSubject: Re: What Has Never Been Done in a Slender Man related series?   What Has Never Been Done in a Slender Man related series? - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 5:51 am

wiiluigi1998 wrote:
JosiahMiller wrote:
wiiluigi1998 wrote:
Oh. That's certainly bad. Oh well, I do also want to see the Slenderman moving objects without his arms or whatever. It would make things less predictable.
Done did.
In my series XD
Back to top Go down
wiiluigi1998
Untainted
wiiluigi1998

PostSubject: Re: What Has Never Been Done in a Slender Man related series?   What Has Never Been Done in a Slender Man related series? - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 12:01 pm

JosiahMiller wrote:
wiiluigi1998 wrote:
JosiahMiller wrote:
wiiluigi1998 wrote:
Done did.
In my series XD
That was pretty good. My only critiques would be that the Slenderman has a white head, not a skin colored head. My other would be using the IMovie glitch effect at the end. ;-;
Back to top Go down
JosiahMiller
Observer
JosiahMiller

PostSubject: Re: What Has Never Been Done in a Slender Man related series?   What Has Never Been Done in a Slender Man related series? - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 4:19 pm

That's funny, cause we didn't use iMovie haha
Back to top Go down
SalvatoreHaran
Watched
SalvatoreHaran

Current Win Points : 73

PostSubject: Re: What Has Never Been Done in a Slender Man related series?   What Has Never Been Done in a Slender Man related series? - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 6:01 pm

wiiluigi1998 wrote:
JosiahMiller wrote:
wiiluigi1998 wrote:
JosiahMiller wrote:
wiiluigi1998 wrote:
Done did.
In my series XD
That was pretty good. My only critiques would be that the Slenderman has a white head, not a skin colored head. My other would be using the IMovie glitch effect at the end. ;-;
What's wrong with white head slendy? That's how I've always pictured him, pure white and feature-less.
Cause there is no color for skin, and giving him a certain skin tone would destroy the blank slate faced Slenderman.
Back to top Go down
http://salvatoreharan.tumblr.com/
Slendercles
Anxious
Slendercles

PostSubject: Re: What Has Never Been Done in a Slender Man related series?   What Has Never Been Done in a Slender Man related series? - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 6:21 pm

SalvatoreHaran wrote:
What's wrong with white head slendy? That's how I've always pictured him, pure white and feature-less.
Cause there is no color for skin, and giving him a certain skin tone would destroy the blank slate faced Slenderman.
He was implying that slendy only works WITH a white face, and the person he was critiquing was using a "tan skin" colored face. A little confusion there lol
Back to top Go down
level100nidoking
Stalked
level100nidoking

Current Win Points : 66

PostSubject: Re: What Has Never Been Done in a Slender Man related series?   What Has Never Been Done in a Slender Man related series? - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 09, 2013 11:11 pm

SalvatoreHaran wrote:
wiiluigi1998 wrote:
JosiahMiller wrote:
wiiluigi1998 wrote:
JosiahMiller wrote:
wiiluigi1998 wrote:
Done did.
In my series XD
I just imagined a black slenderman with an afro. It was terrifying.
Back to top Go down
http://mrsaturnjr.com/
TailsFoxy
Slendervet
TailsFoxy

Current Win Points : 424

PostSubject: Re: What Has Never Been Done in a Slender Man related series?   What Has Never Been Done in a Slender Man related series? - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 12:37 am

The compiler wrote:
Call him 'slender' in an unironic fashion.
I would totally do it just to rustle some jimmies.
Back to top Go down
http://slenderman.de
timeobserver2013
Taken
timeobserver2013

Current Win Points : 113

PostSubject: Re: What Has Never Been Done in a Slender Man related series?   What Has Never Been Done in a Slender Man related series? - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 12:54 am

Spoiler:

(Maybe a grimoire, written entirely in Latin or Hebrew. Some old language.)

So far, much of these books are about manifestos like the Order's Black Book.
Back to top Go down
Etreo
Runner
Etreo

Current Win Points : 261

PostSubject: Re: What Has Never Been Done in a Slender Man related series?   What Has Never Been Done in a Slender Man related series? - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 9:33 am

level100nidoking wrote:
SalvatoreHaran wrote:
wiiluigi1998 wrote:
JosiahMiller wrote:
wiiluigi1998 wrote:
JosiahMiller wrote:
wiiluigi1998 wrote:
Done did.
In my series XD
I just imagined a black slenderman with an afro. It was terrifying.
That sounds awesome.
Back to top Go down
SalvatoreHaran
Watched
SalvatoreHaran

PostSubject: Re: What Has Never Been Done in a Slender Man related series?   What Has Never Been Done in a Slender Man related series? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 3:12 pm

Slenderman talking?
Back to top Go down
Peppercorn
Anxious
Peppercorn

PostSubject: Re: What Has Never Been Done in a Slender Man related series?   What Has Never Been Done in a Slender Man related series? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 4:34 pm

SalvatoreHaran wrote:
Slenderman talking?
Aside from early installment weirdness like the sound of children's laughter in the original mythos, and the Operator echoing back voices in early Marble Hornets, the closest that we'll probably get to him talking is hearing his victims describe  that he spoke to them telepathically. Which is fine by me, because Slender Man is scarier when his motivations and thought processes remain a mystery.
Back to top Go down
SalvatoreHaran
Watched
SalvatoreHaran

PostSubject: Re: What Has Never Been Done in a Slender Man related series?   What Has Never Been Done in a Slender Man related series? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 5:29 pm

Then I present to you....

Slenderman talking... alot

Back to top Go down
Peppercorn
Anxious
Peppercorn

PostSubject: Re: What Has Never Been Done in a Slender Man related series?   What Has Never Been Done in a Slender Man related series? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 7:01 pm

To be honest, I don't much like the Fear Mythos. In conjunction with the Slender Man Mythos, I think it takes away a lot of the mystery by knowing all about how the monsters think, how they work, and what they are. For me, the Slender Man works because of the story atmosphere he provides. His victims shouldn't be able to understand what he is, because they will rack their brains trying to figure out how something that looks so human simply isn't. He is effective because we know what he does, but not how or why.

As such, the explanation that he is undoubtedly an embodiment of a human fear just takes me out of it. He is just not the right kind of monster to work under that premise, because the entire point is that we don't understand what he is. Even calling him the Fear of the Unknown gives us a sure idea of what he is, and too much of a sure idea that there's no room left to experiment. The Rake is even more out of place, since the original story leaned more to the paranormal side than the Eldritch Horror side. The Fears and their underlying premise are too unsubtle and unrealistic for me to be paranoid, much unlike the mythos they originated from. 

That being said, your video kept my interest and I might make an exception and watch the rest of Pavel Hall.
Back to top Go down
SalvatoreHaran
Watched
SalvatoreHaran

PostSubject: Re: What Has Never Been Done in a Slender Man related series?   What Has Never Been Done in a Slender Man related series? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 9:36 pm

I'm just trying to tell a good story. I'm not really here to make you paranoid or anything. I am a story telling using the tools available to make the best story I can.

There are TONS of stories about Slendy being a mysterious creature and such but after a while, it's like "I want more."

I don't wanna stick to what everyone else does. Cause after hundreds of different slendy/fear vlogs and such. I feel like it's more of the same.

A group of people from teens to late 20s running around with cameras screaming at a tall guy in the distance, after a while? Stale.

I'm not saying what everyone makes is bad. I watch a lot of vlogs here. Just saying after a while, I'd like something different.
Back to top Go down
Peppercorn
Anxious
Peppercorn

PostSubject: Re: What Has Never Been Done in a Slender Man related series?   What Has Never Been Done in a Slender Man related series? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 9:48 pm

I can understand wanting to see something new, as I myself have been getting tired of derivative series lately. I'm just voicing my concerns on  how well alternate portrayals of Slender Man will work in general.
Back to top Go down
SalvatoreHaran
Watched
SalvatoreHaran

PostSubject: Re: What Has Never Been Done in a Slender Man related series?   What Has Never Been Done in a Slender Man related series? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 9:53 pm

Having a villain that you know it's motive can be terror.

Slenderman is a Mad God that is power hungry and would just love to make the main character a vegetable after hours, days, even years of torture.

That? That is more frightening to me then some weird, unhuman tall thing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Has Never Been Done in a Slender Man related series?   What Has Never Been Done in a Slender Man related series? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What Has Never Been Done in a Slender Man related series?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next