Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

General opinion on Slenderman by non-fans

Go down 
+3
Chieftain1
ShadowTurtleInc
MN Gasai Yuno
7 posters
AuthorMessage
MN Gasai Yuno
Untainted
MN Gasai Yuno

Current Win Points : 0

General opinion on Slenderman by non-fans Empty
PostSubject: General opinion on Slenderman by non-fans   General opinion on Slenderman by non-fans EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 5:37 pm

I decided to make this topic because I was on Skype with some buddies a while back, none of them are fans of Slender man and there only exposure was the Slender game. So, we're chatting and I quote something from Everymanhybrid, but forgot that they wouldn't understand and after much confusion I explained it was from a Slender series... and it was then that I got THIS response
"Oh, well I'm not exactly interested in the latest pop-up crap"
I felt like going on the biggest nerd rage but I was far too tired to explain to him and let it slide.
Other times included guys in my class in school going mad about Slender the game and when I try to tell them about ARGs they usually just call me a hipster and refuse to talk about it :/
So I was wondering have any of you out there got any stories of people just blindly avoiding Slender series, based on their opinion of the game/misconceptions they have about the character in general?
Sorry if I posted in the wrong thread XD

TL;DR Got any stories of people/friends dismissing Slendy for NO good reason?
Back to top Go down
ShadowTurtleInc
Turned
ShadowTurtleInc

Current Win Points : 306

PostSubject: Re: General opinion on Slenderman by non-fans   General opinion on Slenderman by non-fans EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 12:31 am

I mean, even though TT, EMH, and others have lots of views. Slenderman shows just aren't that popular. I know a few people at my school who watched Marble Hornets for a few months but that's it. I am kinda the black sheep for ol' Slendy in my school.
Back to top Go down
Chieftain1
Taken
Chieftain1

Current Win Points : 193

PostSubject: Re: General opinion on Slenderman by non-fans   General opinion on Slenderman by non-fans EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 11:21 am

I actually did a project about slender man for my school.I actually got some people to say his actual name instead of slender but some still called him slender....
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLnGZjFH39HUbq_5uecBV-g
JustinDGBZ
Watched

Current Win Points : 95

PostSubject: Re: General opinion on Slenderman by non-fans   General opinion on Slenderman by non-fans EmptyWed Oct 23, 2013 1:24 pm

I've found I've had plenty of positive reactions in regards to Slenderman when it comes to those who aren't hardcore fans like us on this website here. People usually mention having watched Marble Hornets for a good number of entries although not usually all the way to the most recent entry. I've only had one "Slenderman-noob" where in a college class we had to make a video project, me and a few other people did our own separate Slenderman videos and one of them only knew him from Slender and tried to turn his video into a comedy. *Sigh* I explained to him the ARGs and he thought they were interesting but he was completely ignorant to the mythos as a whole other than the game and he didn't know there were Youtube series about him.
Back to top Go down
BlueMarble
Stalked

Current Win Points : 149

PostSubject: Re: General opinion on Slenderman by non-fans   General opinion on Slenderman by non-fans EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 8:10 am

My friends like the way the video games are made and like the idea, but when I try to show them the vlogs, they don't want to look at it. The thing is, some people don't want to watch something just because it isn't popular. The Slenderverse needs proper advertising if it wants to survive.
Back to top Go down
http://josephwritesrandomstuff.blogspot.com/
sethlapod555
Survivor
sethlapod555

Current Win Points : 708

PostSubject: Re: General opinion on Slenderman by non-fans   General opinion on Slenderman by non-fans EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 6:25 am

It seems that a lot of my friends who did watch Marble Hornets a number of years ago stopped watching after Entry #26 when the 7-month gap occurred. They assumed it was over and stopped following the series.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/drstevzious117
Chieftain1
Taken
Chieftain1

PostSubject: Re: General opinion on Slenderman by non-fans   General opinion on Slenderman by non-fans EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 12:41 pm

sethlapod555 wrote:
It seems that a lot of my friends who did watch Marble Hornets a number of years ago stopped watching after Entry #26 when the 7-month gap occurred. They assumed it was over and stopped following the series.
Well that was kinda understandable.I'm very sure that many people thought it ended when the 7 month gap happened.It kinda remains of the ending to Justanotherfool,that when a character says he/she will be back but doesn't return(but jay did end up returning).
Back to top Go down
Peppercorn
Anxious
Peppercorn

Current Win Points : 24

PostSubject: Re: General opinion on Slenderman by non-fans   General opinion on Slenderman by non-fans EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 2:54 pm

Some people at my school that talk about Slender Man know about the bigger parts of his lore, but I cannot tell you how many times I've run into people online that can't be bothered to do one Google search to tell them how he was developed. There's also the crowd that dismisses the Slender Man because the game didn't scare them, and the one that ragequits because they think the game ruined everything FOREVER. I nag people about this more than I probably ought to.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/LaPeppercorn
Chieftain1
Taken
Chieftain1

PostSubject: Re: General opinion on Slenderman by non-fans   General opinion on Slenderman by non-fans EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 3:23 pm

Peppercorn wrote:
Some people at my school that talk about Slender Man know about the bigger parts of his lore, but I cannot tell you how many times I've run into people online that can't be bothered to do one Google search to tell them how he was developed. There's also the crowd that dismisses the Slender Man because the game didn't scare them, and the one that ragequits because they think the game ruined everything FOREVER. I nag people about this more than I probably ought to.
I agree.I don't why some fans left the fandom when the game came out,I know that there was(still is) a whole bunch(when I mean bunch I mean million) saying that he came from the game and calling him "slender".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General opinion on Slenderman by non-fans   General opinion on Slenderman by non-fans Empty

Back to top Go down

General opinion on Slenderman by non-fans
Page 1 of 1