Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff



 
HomepageHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Share | 
 

 Is the Slenderverse dying?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BlueMarble
Stalked


Posts : 371
Current Win Points : 149
Join date : 2013-05-03
Age : 17
Location : The Internet

PostSubject: Is the Slenderverse dying?   Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:03 pm

I don't know about you guys, but somehow, I can't shake of the feel that the verse is dying. I don't know about UF, but SlenderNation is kinda on the downside, many users seem to not log in for a lot of time, very few users log in per day than before, you know. I see very little theorising on video trailhead topics, compared to the past. Is this normal for this time of the year, or is something really happening?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://josephwritesrandomstuff.blogspot.com/
Peppercorn
Anxious


Posts : 94
Current Win Points : 24
Join date : 2013-10-06
Age : 19
Location : Stalking the backwoods

PostSubject: Re: Is the Slenderverse dying?   Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:35 pm

It does feel like the fanbase is on the decline right now, but I don't think it will be permanent. Right now feels like a slow point as the Slender craze is about over and fewer series are getting off the ground, but that isn't enough to "kill the Verse". Slender Man continues to evolve as an urban legend because he's always malleable enough for new directions to be taken with him, so inevitably something will bring him back to people's attention.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/LaPeppercorn
TailsFoxy
Slendervet


Posts : 1340
Current Win Points : 424
Join date : 2012-04-24
Age : 28
Location : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Is the Slenderverse dying?   Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:54 pm

@BlueMarble
it´s fun that you say it it on the decline, because i just added several newly found and rather innovative series to my list that have started just a short while ago :3

I´m with Peppercorn on that.

_________________
READ THE SLENDERNATION RULES!

My tumblr|Slenderman.de|My Twitter
SlendermanDE Facebook|The Slendy-Week
HornetCon|Homestuck in German Project
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://slenderman.de
timeobserver2013
Taken


Posts : 445
Current Win Points : 113
Join date : 2013-03-03
Age : 19
Location : ???

PostSubject: Re: Is the Slenderverse dying?   Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:57 pm

I bet the Marble Hornets film will revitalize it.

We also have the finale of Marble Hornets as well.

All you need to get something going is to promote something original. I've been following Tails on that and been checking out series such as Keratin Garden.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TailsFoxy
Slendervet


Posts : 1340
Current Win Points : 424
Join date : 2012-04-24
Age : 28
Location : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Is the Slenderverse dying?   Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:03 pm

Oh you followed me? o.o STALKER! Very Happy

_________________
READ THE SLENDERNATION RULES!

My tumblr|Slenderman.de|My Twitter
SlendermanDE Facebook|The Slendy-Week
HornetCon|Homestuck in German Project
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://slenderman.de
timeobserver2013
Taken


Posts : 445
Current Win Points : 113
Join date : 2013-03-03
Age : 19
Location : ???

PostSubject: Re: Is the Slenderverse dying?   Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:16 pm

Is the Kyubey/Firebrand avatar making it worse?  Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TailsFoxy
Slendervet


Posts : 1340
Current Win Points : 424
Join date : 2012-04-24
Age : 28
Location : Germany

PostSubject: Re: Is the Slenderverse dying?   Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:24 pm

nope, don´t worry Very Happy

_________________
READ THE SLENDERNATION RULES!

My tumblr|Slenderman.de|My Twitter
SlendermanDE Facebook|The Slendy-Week
HornetCon|Homestuck in German Project
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://slenderman.de
Cybermat47
Untainted


Posts : 25
Current Win Points : 15
Join date : 2013-06-01
Age : 17
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Is the Slenderverse dying?   Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:51 pm

Well, if it does die, it's been fun.


EDIT: I abandoned the Slender Man wiki due to the appalling behaviour of one of the admins, but as far as this site goes, I haven't seen posts randomly being removed or the moderators breaking their own rules, so that can hardly be it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xyzombie
Taken


Posts : 440
Current Win Points : 79
Join date : 2011-11-13
Age : 26
Location : Wooded South-Eastern United States

PostSubject: Re: Is the Slenderverse dying?   Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:43 pm

I feel like most of this has been covered, but:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
timeobserver2013
Taken


Posts : 445
Current Win Points : 113
Join date : 2013-03-03
Age : 19
Location : ???

PostSubject: Re: Is the Slenderverse dying?   Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:22 pm

xyzombie wrote:
I feel like most of this has been covered, but:
 
Of course, there's always a boost in dedicated fans. I gotten to where I am because of the Slender craze.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Machine Gun Cynic
Taken


Posts : 408
Current Win Points : 25
Join date : 2011-08-26
Age : 20
Location : Celtic Wasteland

PostSubject: Re: Is the Slenderverse dying?   Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:50 pm

Well, considering the age group of the fans and creators, the amount of free time people have can dwindle, I mean, I would keep in touch with the series more but my "new" laptop takes 40 minutes to start up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JustinDGBZ
Watched


Posts : 202
Current Win Points : 95
Join date : 2013-05-28
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: Is the Slenderverse dying?   Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:37 am

From my point of view it does seem like the Slenderverse is in a decline atm, but I feel it will rise back up at some point soon. My opinion for why is that Marble Hornets is starting to end and that is the big main juggernaut series Slenderfans follows and pay attention to, and with the feeling of it ending there's the feeling that a big chunk of the Slenderverse itself will be dead (though it'll still be fine despite what people may think in the moment). The other four big series are still going strong for the most part and there is still much to expect from them, and I feel that far from now by the time they end smaller series will become more prominent and the Slenderverse will be given an even bigger boost with creators adding more of their own content to keep everyone entertained. When I first found this website (around the time of myself having caught up on the big series) I very much tried to get involved in what I could and started watching the smaller series, though I guess my excitement has dwindled some so I don't post as much even though I'm still very actively watching the big series. My laziness will end some day and I will get caught up on the smaller series I started watching, and I will give more in-depth posts for all the series I watch.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Todesfurcht
Observer


Posts : 180
Current Win Points : 69
Join date : 2012-06-20
Age : 18
Location : Your closet

PostSubject: Re: Is the Slenderverse dying?   Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:42 am

Its definitely fallen back. The major reason is because of Pastamonsters.

For those who don't know, Pastamonsters is a relatively well-known Creepypasta comic on Deviantart. It receives about 15,000 views per page. The first page received a grand total of 46,000 views.

It makes the Creepypasta fandom look like a bunch of morons with all of the illiteracy in the fanbase, and the comic itself is filled with curse words, some shitty pushed in original character, and horribly ooc moments every other page. In fact, the artist doesn't even draw the pages anymore.

My point?

Everyone else thinks we're idiots now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JustinDGBZ
Watched


Posts : 202
Current Win Points : 95
Join date : 2013-05-28
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: Is the Slenderverse dying?   Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:21 am

Todesfurcht wrote:
Its definitely fallen back. The major reason is because of Pastamonsters.

For those who don't know, Pastamonsters is a relatively well-known Creepypasta comic on Deviantart. It receives about 15,000 views per page. The first page received a grand total of 46,000 views.

It makes the Creepypasta fandom look like a bunch of morons with all of the illiteracy in the fanbase, and the comic itself is filled with curse words, some shitty pushed in original character, and horribly ooc moments every other page. In fact, the artist doesn't even draw the pages anymore.

My point?

Everyone else thinks we're idiots now.

I'm curious, would you consider Pastamonsters to have a bigger effect on the Slenderverse than something like Slender the game? Because I doubt Pastamonsters is taking people away from the Slenderverse or having them change their opinion on it if they're already a part of the fanbase.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Todesfurcht
Observer


Posts : 180
Current Win Points : 69
Join date : 2012-06-20
Age : 18
Location : Your closet

PostSubject: Re: Is the Slenderverse dying?   Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:36 pm

JustinDGBZ wrote:
Todesfurcht wrote:
Its definitely fallen back. The major reason is because of Pastamonsters.

For those who don't know, Pastamonsters is a relatively well-known Creepypasta comic on Deviantart. It receives about 15,000 views per page. The first page received a grand total of 46,000 views.

It makes the Creepypasta fandom look like a bunch of morons with all of the illiteracy in the fanbase, and the comic itself is filled with curse words, some shitty pushed in original character, and horribly ooc moments every other page. In fact, the artist doesn't even draw the pages anymore.

My point?

Everyone else thinks we're idiots now.

I'm curious, would you consider Pastamonsters to have a bigger effect on the Slenderverse than something like Slender the game? Because I doubt Pastamonsters is taking people away from the Slenderverse or having them change their opinion on it if they're already a part of the fanbase.

I see the point you're trying to make.

The "Slender" game really fucked the fandom over too, along with Pewdiepie.
Though I personally think Pastamonsters had a more bigger effect because, although Slender was a lot more popular, most of the people who found out about Slenderman through it have left.
With Pastamonsters however, they don't leave, and the majority of the fans are stupid.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chieftain1
Taken


Posts : 448
Current Win Points : 193
Join date : 2013-02-15
Age : 16
Location : Ireland

PostSubject: Re: Is the Slenderverse dying?   Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:00 pm

I liked Slender as a game but I hated the way people treated the slenderverse. I hope that the slenderverse does speed up again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://newsmanwaterpaper.tumblr.com/
JustinDGBZ
Watched


Posts : 202
Current Win Points : 95
Join date : 2013-05-28
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: Is the Slenderverse dying?   Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:44 am

Todesfurcht wrote:
JustinDGBZ wrote:
Todesfurcht wrote:
Its definitely fallen back. The major reason is because of Pastamonsters.

For those who don't know, Pastamonsters is a relatively well-known Creepypasta comic on Deviantart. It receives about 15,000 views per page. The first page received a grand total of 46,000 views.

It makes the Creepypasta fandom look like a bunch of morons with all of the illiteracy in the fanbase, and the comic itself is filled with curse words, some shitty pushed in original character, and horribly ooc moments every other page. In fact, the artist doesn't even draw the pages anymore.

My point?

Everyone else thinks we're idiots now.

I'm curious, would you consider Pastamonsters to have a bigger effect on the Slenderverse than something like Slender the game? Because I doubt Pastamonsters is taking people away from the Slenderverse or having them change their opinion on it if they're already a part of the fanbase.

I see the point you're trying to make.

The "Slender" game really fucked the fandom over too, along with Pewdiepie.
Though I personally think Pastamonsters had a more bigger effect because, although Slender was a lot more popular, most of the people who found out about Slenderman through it have left.
With Pastamonsters however, they don't leave, and the majority of the fans are stupid.

Ah, I see what you're saying now. I personally assumed the OP meant dying as in a decline of viewers and not a dumbing down of the fanbase but in your case you'd be right. I think the Slender game was fine in itself, as links were included in the game to vlogs such as Marble Hornets and such, although Pewdiepie did do some harm. Pastamonsters does seem kinda idiotic and I can see fans coming through from there being as such.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lolitics
Anxious


Posts : 98
Current Win Points : 16
Join date : 2013-10-23
Age : 21
Location : Flo-rida

PostSubject: Re: Is the Slenderverse dying?   Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:41 am

I just looked up Pastamonsters, and what the absolute ever-loving fucknuggets was that? It's an absolute bastardization of the Fear Mythos itself. The Slenderverse is dying.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Peppercorn
Anxious


Posts : 94
Current Win Points : 24
Join date : 2013-10-06
Age : 19
Location : Stalking the backwoods

PostSubject: Re: Is the Slenderverse dying?   Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:25 am

I'll take your guys' words for it on PastaMonsters (as it sounds like the perfect combination of things to piss me off) but I doubt it has a major influence on the fanbase as a whole. Let's face it, pretty much every fandom has idiotic fan works that miss the point of the series in their stupidity (my supr kawaii desu oc is in luv wiv jeff da killr dun like dun read) but as fan works they aren't relevant (or convincing!) enough to change the general perception of the fandom subject. If the "screamin @ slendr iz funneh" craze didn't irrevocably destroy the Slender Man's ability to be taken seriously (and trust me, we wouldn't be here if it did) then this won't, either.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/LaPeppercorn
BlueMarble
Stalked


Posts : 371
Current Win Points : 149
Join date : 2013-05-03
Age : 17
Location : The Internet

PostSubject: Re: Is the Slenderverse dying?   Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:18 am

I personally think that the Slenderverse will never die, but it will be left in a dying state. Eventually, only a couple of fanatics and creators will be left. The Slenderverse isn't getting enough attention. I think that Slendervlogs/blogs should be getting more attention, just because of the awesomeness they give us. The Slender games are what messed up the verse the most. When I tell my friends there's a Slenderman fandom, they say: 'WTF, there's a bunch of people who play 'Slender' all day?!'. It also shifted people's perspective about him, with people like Pewdiepie destroying the creepiness. However, people like him DID bring in fresh fans (like myself). I discovered the 'verse because of Pewdiepie's videos, and I started off with reading things like Encyclopaedia Slenderia and stuff like that. I think the Slenderverse needs positive promotion. It needs a name drop from someone really popular, like what Vsauce did (he included a segment from Marble Hornets in one of his videos and I think he recommended their videos and included the link in the description). Like some very popular Youtuber who has a review-type channel, and have him review some popular vlogs. This should revitalize the fandom quite a bit. However, it needs to be done in a way that brings in the proper kind of people, people who will stay.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://josephwritesrandomstuff.blogspot.com/
JustinDGBZ
Watched


Posts : 202
Current Win Points : 95
Join date : 2013-05-28
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: Is the Slenderverse dying?   Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:22 am

BlueMarble wrote:
I personally think that the Slenderverse will never die, but it will be left in a dying state. Eventually, only a couple of fanatics and creators will be left. The Slenderverse isn't getting enough attention. I think that Slendervlogs/blogs should be getting more attention, just because of the awesomeness they give us. The Slender games are what messed up the verse the most. When I tell my friends there's a Slenderman fandom, they say: 'WTF, there's a bunch of people who play 'Slender' all day?!'. It also shifted people's perspective about him, with people like Pewdiepie destroying the creepiness. However, people like him DID bring in fresh fans (like myself). I discovered the 'verse because of Pewdiepie's videos, and I started off with reading things like Encyclopaedia Slenderia and stuff like that. I think the Slenderverse needs positive promotion. It needs a name drop from someone really popular, like what Vsauce did (he included a segment from Marble Hornets in one of his videos and I think he recommended their videos and included the link in the description). Like some very popular Youtuber who has a review-type channel, and have him review some popular vlogs. This should revitalize the fandom quite a bit. However, it needs to be done in a way that brings in the proper kind of people, people who will stay.
If the Marble Hornets film is done right I think the Slenderverse will get a big huge boost, in both attention and fans, and they will probably be introduced the right way. It should be a positive encouragement for both fans to view series and for new series to be made, as the new people who come into the fandom will know the correct info.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chieftain1
Taken


Posts : 448
Current Win Points : 193
Join date : 2013-02-15
Age : 16
Location : Ireland

PostSubject: Re: Is the Slenderverse dying?   Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:03 am

I wonder this, was Victor Surge okay with Slender game and it's reaction? I know that he was one of the producers for The Arrival but I think he never gave his opinion about the whole thing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://newsmanwaterpaper.tumblr.com/
Todesfurcht
Observer


Posts : 180
Current Win Points : 69
Join date : 2012-06-20
Age : 18
Location : Your closet

PostSubject: Re: Is the Slenderverse dying?   Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:19 pm

It seemed to me Victor Surge dropped off the face of the planet quite awhile back.

He'll probably rise again eventually.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chieftain1
Taken


Posts : 448
Current Win Points : 193
Join date : 2013-02-15
Age : 16
Location : Ireland

PostSubject: Re: Is the Slenderverse dying?   Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:29 pm

Todesfurcht wrote:
It seemed to me Victor Surge dropped off the face of the planet quite awhile back.

He'll probably rise again eventually.
Well, He was a producer for The Arrival. I was looking Victor Surge/Eric Knudsen today and found this wikipedia page. So wikipedia is saying that the guy who created Slender man is a Canadian actor? I'm sure if Wikipedia is telling the truth or not?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://newsmanwaterpaper.tumblr.com/
Todesfurcht
Observer


Posts : 180
Current Win Points : 69
Join date : 2012-06-20
Age : 18
Location : Your closet

PostSubject: Re: Is the Slenderverse dying?   Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:57 am

Chieftain1 wrote:
Todesfurcht wrote:
It seemed to me Victor Surge dropped off the face of the planet quite awhile back.

He'll probably rise again eventually.
Well, He was a producer for The Arrival. I was looking Victor Surge/Eric Knudsen today and found this wikipedia page. So wikipedia is saying that the guy who created Slender man is a Canadian actor? I'm sure if Wikipedia is telling the truth or not?

On that Wikipedia page, if you scroll down to the bottom one of the sources is in fact
"The Slenderman Wiki". Wikia. Retrieved 28 December 2013."
HOWEVER, VictorSurge's Deviantart, the Wikia page, and his SomethingAwful account has NOT pointed toward him being the actor.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Is the Slenderverse dying?   Today at 10:21 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Is the Slenderverse dying?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Slender Nation :: SN Community-
Jump to: