Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff

HomepageHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Share | 

The Riddle of the Tree Man

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
knifeman
Anxious

Current Win Points : 71

PostSubject: Re: The Riddle of the Tree Man   Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:16 am

OMG MY FUCKING EARS WHY... D:

But in seriousness, I liked this.  Spades is kind of hilarious.  I don't know what blackhole hands even means, but it sounds cool as shit.

But behind all this Ear rape and Spades stuff is a kind of sad part, where Hero thinks he can get his brother and father back Sad
yeah that was pretty god damn sad, even if it wasn't meant to be.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
knifeman
Anxious

PostSubject: Re: The Riddle of the Tree Man   Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:11 pm

Here is a pretty important question...is the "Michaelverse," actually canon, or is that just the name you use for your series? Because if it is connected, I have a bit of an idea of what Hero doesn't want us to see...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Glassbeetles
Observer

Current Win Points : 66

PostSubject: Re: The Riddle of the Tree Man   Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:57 pm

The Michaelverse, is the oog term for the Paraverse. The Paraverse/Paradox verse is basically all my creations existing in canon. An example would be how the Boneman/Rake appeared in Michael's Camera as a monster, but in Glassbeetles as a character turned monster. Even though the series were connected, the boneman/rake is not the same despite looking the same.

Example number two would be how Spades is in The Riddle of the Tree Man, but is never going to mention or relate to Michael's Camera. It's just the name of the 'verse of things i've created involving my monsters and the M.E.E.C.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/HEOOIS00A0LIAR00
knifeman
Anxious

PostSubject: Re: The Riddle of the Tree Man   Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:41 am

Ok. The only reason I ask is because the last video in The House of Paradox hints at TheRiddleOfTheTreeman (and the MEEC), and in Up She Rises, you catch a glimpse of Hero's jacket with the HOP symbol on it.  I thought there was maybe something there, but probably not. 

Also, is Michael's camera a deleted channel? If so, why did you delete it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Glassbeetles
Observer

PostSubject: Re: The Riddle of the Tree Man   Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:12 pm

Michaels Camera was the series I did after Glassbeetles which held a darker more mature tone then the previous and TRotTM. In fact, the tone was so dark, some dumbass thought it was real and I was actually crazy so I got arrested and had to  remove the channel despite it being fictional and about about monsters and the origin of the M.E.E.C. All of that got retconned though and I started fresh. If you peeps want to watch it though, every now and then I put it back up for a few hours.
Back to top Go down
knifeman
Anxious

PostSubject: Re: The Riddle of the Tree Man   Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:48 pm

Oh really?  Well I did not know about this...kind of scary that you were arrested for it though 0_0. Surprised the same guy didn't do the same thing with MDJ, which is pretty dark as well.

I'd love to watch it, if you ever put it back up again. Also, couldn't you upload all of the videos and make them unlisted, then link it to people?  Or would that still get you in trouble potentially?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
knifeman
Anxious

PostSubject: Re: The Riddle of the Tree Man   Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:10 am

I'm not sure how Alex is real, given that in the movie Alex is NOT real, and Xezbeth made everything reality.  Maybe it depends when Hero was put into the plot?  I'm also surprised that certain things have not been parallel to what happened in the movie.  Let's say Hero was thrown in after Branches, then by the same events that happen in the movie, Godfrey should have already gone back in time and done the stuff in Mission Complete.  For whatever reason, he hasn't yet, or we aren't seeing the effects, or time works differently this time around.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
knifeman
Anxious

PostSubject: Re: The Riddle of the Tree Man   Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:05 pm

Figured GlassBeetles would have posted this by now, but I guess not.  Either way, it looks like the "dog," probably got him. And I know it is coincidence, but I can't help but think he looks a lot like Teacher from ICANSEETHEGIANT when he has the shadow in his face.

Last edited by knifeman on Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Video didn't get posted at first...)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Glassbeetles
Observer

PostSubject: Re: The Riddle of the Tree Man   Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:55 pm

SUDDENLY I'M HERE!

Okay. So it seems there is some confusion as to what did the thing to Alex.
IT WAS:

As for the current situation.
Knifeman has ignited the ARG by talking to jester. It's like lighting the fuse on the dynamite. As he has probably seen, Jester is an evil, evil thing. Him and Spades are terrible entities, no matter how hilarious or annoying they may seem. So what am I saying? This is part of the ARG; Destroying New Comshine (which canonly IS real) I'm actually located in Baton Rouge, LA but w/e.

You people get the joy of getting our jesty pall to do bad things just by talking to him. I mean hell, Knifeman got an orphanage of innocent children burned down because he said Jester didn't seem evil.

Also, new video(s) tonight, if any of y'all watched Michaels Camera and enjoyed the first act, you'll love what's in the shed Wink
Back to top Go down
knifeman
Anxious

PostSubject: Re: The Riddle of the Tree Man   Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:31 pm

Hey, I think I figured out how to let us watch Michael's camera without making them visible on the channel

Make a playlist on the percentousfapper channel (His OOG channel, if you didn't know), and post all of the videos there.  But keep them unlisted. I kind of want to watch it, as I did not get to see it the first time, you know, before it was all reported and stuff Sad

I also really enjoyed making Jester burn an orphanage. Does that make me a bad person? lol.  But really, I like that ARG aspect, and is pretty entertaining. I just have to not do it with the spikey account, so Hero doesn't get angry at me.  ugh I'm an awful person.  

And an ICSTG crossover would have been cool as fuck, considering it is my second favorite series. After you get to the Chris story arc, because everything before is just gamejacking :/ In my opinion, the creator should get rid of some of those videos.  I only wonder what the finale holds 0_0

Not the Rake either, huh?  Well, that's interesting...we'll see, I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Glassbeetles
Observer

PostSubject: Re: The Riddle of the Tree Man   Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:48 pm

As soon as I post the new video in like 30 minutes, I'll unlist a playlist for Michaels Camera. Wouldn't want the Shed man to be spoiled toooooo early Wink

Also, the Rake has been shown, specifically in The Monster and the Sleep Cam Footage, but a close up of the face hasn't. I'm still working out the face, as it's like a humany-dog thing, but I assure you when you see it, the wait will be worth it. 

As a side note, I originally had talked about a crossover with ICSTG during the second act of Michaels Camera, but since the finale was already planned on his part (WHICH LET ME TELL YOU IS SO FUCKING AWESOME AKFNASJBFJAKSFDBAJKSBFDKLASDBF), we couldn't work it in Sad I did cross with MemorySearcher though, which has a connection to ICSTG and GlassBeetles so I guess that counts idk lol
Back to top Go down
knifeman
Anxious

PostSubject: Re: The Riddle of the Tree Man   Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:57 pm

AGH can't wait for the video!

Also, do not spoil a fucking thing about ICSTG, or I will find you and slice your throat open.  Answer this if you know though; do you know when the finale is supposed to happen? It's been a few months already, and I cannot wait for it Very Happy  

Also, a masked shirtless guy sounds like it could be much more interesting than it...sounds...I mean that at first thought, it sounds generic, but thinking about it more makes it seem cooler.  

I'm also thinking about making another youtube account called "TESTING_THE_JEST," or "JesterTester," or "2TESTY4JESTY," where I literally just see what Jester and spades can do. Hero deserves more torment Very Happy If you don't want me to or anything though, I'd understand. It would get a little old after a while, probably.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Glassbeetles
Observer

PostSubject: Re: The Riddle of the Tree Man   Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:09 pm

I'm not too sure myself as to the finale, I think it's within the next few months idk.

The masked shirtless guy... I'M 100% sure there is someone here who knows who it is, if they watched the first Part of Michaels Camera. It was a huge fan favorite, and people were sad when I did the thing that made it not a thing anymore. 

As for the alt channel, go ahead! Infact, you could probably even create a little masked man for yourself and Join the Suits! or create a fan cult to follow them! Both the guy doing the Jester stuff and I would love that!
Back to top Go down
Glassbeetles
Observer

PostSubject: Re: The Riddle of the Tree Man   Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:30 pm

AND HEEEEEEEEEERE IT ISSSSSSSSS

YUP IT'S THAT THING

also, knifeman, the finale for ICSTG is around April 4th
Back to top Go down
knifeman
Anxious

PostSubject: Re: The Riddle of the Tree Man   Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:47 pm

Glassbeetles wrote:
Both the guy doing the Jester stuff and I would love that!

0_0

You aren't doing the Jester channel?  How you convey messages back and forth so fast eludes me.  And yes, I will make the other channel. Gonna have to figure what to do about a Mask though.  If you know of any free video editing software that is worth anymore of a damn than movie maker (because I don't wanna be like SlenderHaunting Sad)

Also, is there supposed to be sound on the video, or is my computer being fucky again?  I thought the same thing with answers for the longest time, but that ended up having no dialogue anyways.

Expect my channel to be up by the weekend.  I probably won't upload videos until I get some time to make them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TailsFoxy
Slendervet

Current Win Points : 424

PostSubject: Re: The Riddle of the Tree Man   Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:09 am

Damn, i really should catch up with it again and WTF an orphanage? o.O
I seem to have missed a lot of fun stuff in here Very Happy

My tumblr|Slenderman.de|My Twitter
SlendermanDE Facebook|The Slendy-Week
HornetCon|Homestuck in German Project
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://slenderman.de
Glassbeetles
Observer

PostSubject: Re: The Riddle of the Tree Man   Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:56 pm

This is mainly for knifeman, and really anyone else that wants to kind of get a brief very vague look at where this series is kind of headed.
Yeah thats right, The Riddle of the Tree Man is a verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry loose remake of Michaels Camera, with no ties to Glassbeetles and a new story. Many things will return, many will not. Tons of stuff will change, tons will stay the same. Basically what I wanted was to start out differently as to create a more likeable character. Hero, is kind of untrustworthy, but he should be likeable. He's easy to talk to and will answer questions and provide opinions. Michael on the other hand, is the opposite. The way I played Michael was to make you dislike him, but have to deal with him. He realizes early on shit is wack and accepts that, and then becomes kind of a badass asshole. 

Why this is relevant (SPOILER IN TERMS OF THE FUTURE OF THIS SERIES):

With all that said, here y'all go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0gl8NArmfs&list=PLziSARxe6VNCVfjLjGNviD4wJGMan-APa
Back to top Go down
knifeman
Anxious

PostSubject: Re: The Riddle of the Tree Man   Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:31 pm

Oh shit.  

That sounds dark as fuck, but I like it. That is also a very interesting idea to work with.  Did you have that planned out from the beginning of the series?  That seems unlikely...

I also like that you will focus on the pyschological stuff.  Maybe Hero will go insane. Jester can probably do it Wink

I also have a question about the monsters; how many of them are you planning on having at the end?  There are already quite a few.

Also, thanks for the playlist!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TailsFoxy
Slendervet

PostSubject: Re: The Riddle of the Tree Man   Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:38 pm

Oh wow that sounds really awesome O.O

Back to top Go down
Glassbeetles
Observer

PostSubject: Re: The Riddle of the Tree Man   Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:46 pm

I have had the set plot for the main story line planned for a while, everything else can be changed and enhanced by the ARGS. It's going off of how I wanted to finish Michaels Camera, and scrapped bits of plot.

As for the monster count...
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
knifeman
Anxious

PostSubject: Re: The Riddle of the Tree Man   Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:12 pm

Fifty!?

You have that many ideas for monsters, huh.  I hope the Treeman makes a return Very Happy He was one of my favorite.  

I guess you will be making up a lot of the monsters, as I am sure there aren't fifty monsters worth putting in your series that I can think of. There are a lot of urban legend ones, although I am at the point in Michael'sCamera where the goatman is being talked about.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Glassbeetles
Observer

PostSubject: Re: The Riddle of the Tree Man   Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:28 pm

knifeman wrote:
although I am at the point in Michael'sCamera where the goatman is being talked about.
Smile

I enjoy that part greatly, specifically for the "goatman"
Back to top Go down
TailsFoxy
Slendervet

PostSubject: Re: The Riddle of the Tree Man   Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:39 pm

Damn, you really have giving a lot of thoughts into it, i´m truely amazed O.O

Back to top Go down
knifeman
Anxious

PostSubject: Re: The Riddle of the Tree Man   Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:19 pm

Yeah, RotTM seems to be a lot different than Michael's Camera has been for me so far. Michaels Camera seems to be a little less planned out, has less ARG elements, and the fact that I'd probably have to watch Glassbeetles to understand it fully makes it a little less professional, and it seems like the videos weren't completely thought out all of the time. There is also a lack in setting change.  

In RotTM, however, everything is so thought out and organized, it doesn't even seem like someone who made a series as simple as Michael's Camera (other than the Glassbeetles connection) could make someone as well done and thought out as RotTM.

Not that I dislike Michael's Camera, but it seems just ok at the point I am at (after Michael thinks he killed the Trimaw, and his eye gets fixed and stuff). It is kind of like a RotTM lite.  You had the ideas and the monsters and stuff there, but the quality and ARG aspect are kind of missing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
knifeman
Anxious

PostSubject: Re: The Riddle of the Tree Man   Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:37 pm

Ok, so I created the 2TESTY4JESTY account. I sent you a PM, and make sure you tell the guy who runs the Jester stuff about all of this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Riddle of the Tree Man   Today at 10:23 pm

Back to top Go down

The Riddle of the Tree Man
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Slender Man Series :: New Trailheads-
Jump to: