Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Anyone Want To Help Make a Vlog?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Uniquely Unoriginal
Untainted
Uniquely Unoriginal

Current Win Points : 1

Anyone Want To Help Make a Vlog? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone Want To Help Make a Vlog?   Anyone Want To Help Make a Vlog? EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 11:25 pm

Hey, guys! So...I have an idea for a vlog. I would make it myself, but, the only problem is, I suck at editing. Okay, maybe not the only problem...I also can't find enough people to help me with it.

Anyway, if you guys are interested in helping out, I'd really appreciate it. I'll be writing the scripts, taking care of social media posts, and uploading the videos. Right now I just need 2 guys and 2 girls who'll be filmed, someone to play Slender, and someone to edit the videos. The actors will need to live within driving distance of each other, so if you and some if your friends from off the site are interested, that's fine. If you want more information, you can pm me.

Basically, there will be four teens/young adults running a channel for reviewing Slender ARGs and looking for proof of the Slenderman's existence(Just for fun, not expecting to ting anything). I'm not going to elaborate much, but pretty weird stuff starts happening.

There's going to be four main characters: Willow(the shy one), Travis(the mature, responsible one), Lacey(the adventurous one, Travis's younger sister), and Drake(the humorous one).

...Well, that's it. PM any questions to me, or just post below!

((Not planning to "Plug and Run". Just wanted to post this before I forgot))

Back to top Go down
SalvatoreHaran
Watched
SalvatoreHaran

Current Win Points : 73

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Want To Help Make a Vlog?   Anyone Want To Help Make a Vlog? EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 2:00 am

For people, I hire actors xD But thats just me.
Then again, I'm friends with actors so its easy.

First thing is study a lot of film and found footage stuff cause that will just help in general.

Second, try to write to what you have available unless you know you'll be able to get it. So don't write for 4/5 characters you are not sure you have actors for, feel me?

In the first season of my show, and a little of the second season, my Slenderman was put in during post production. But I had experience with editing on my side. 

Hiring an editor is going to be really hard unless you have a friends, some money, or you take the time to personally learn how to edit.

To do a vlog right, and well, you need to put time, money, and effort into it. 

hope this helped
Back to top Go down
http://salvatoreharan.tumblr.com/
Chris
Untainted

Current Win Points : 2

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Want To Help Make a Vlog?   Anyone Want To Help Make a Vlog? EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 6:38 am

Just out of curiosity Salvatore, how much did you pay your actors? I've been considering making one for a while now, but I'd have to budget everything before planning anything.
Back to top Go down
PointlessTest
Observer

Current Win Points : 59

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Want To Help Make a Vlog?   Anyone Want To Help Make a Vlog? EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 11:12 am

Sal knows what he's talking about, listen to him :)I wanna challenge one of his points though. My personal preference in script writing is to write the first draft completely disregarding money, skills, contacts etc. Give yourself the most possible freedom. If you are able to develop a story that works, it is simpler than you would imagine to later figure out where you can compromise on certain elements to make it doable. Also allowing yourself to think big in the first draft always motivates me to give the project everything I've got, and many times it turns out there are creative ways of doing what I might initially have thought was impossible given what I have at my disposal.

As for your hunt for an editor, actors and production crew, I would really recommend that you write a treatment (briefly what it's about and your creative vision) and maybe a few scripts for initial episodes first, as people are more likely to wanna be part of a project that they know a little bit more about and can see is well thought through. I might also be up for lending a hand with the editing if I like the plot you have planned out, but I have learned from experience to wait until I know what the thing is about.

PS: I love the name Drake Smile
Back to top Go down
Uniquely Unoriginal
Untainted
Uniquely Unoriginal

Current Win Points : 1

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Want To Help Make a Vlog?   Anyone Want To Help Make a Vlog? EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 12:27 pm

Mmkay, thanks for the advice! I'll be editing in the plot/script later!
Back to top Go down
lolitics
Anxious
lolitics

Current Win Points : 16

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Want To Help Make a Vlog?   Anyone Want To Help Make a Vlog? EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 6:05 pm

If you're good at improv, then just take time to kinda draw out your ideas instead of writing a script. If you write a script then you'll focus a lot on trying to stay within the lines of your script, rather than making it feel fluid, which can lead you to making a lot of redos when you film.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Want To Help Make a Vlog?   Anyone Want To Help Make a Vlog? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone Want To Help Make a Vlog?
Page 1 of 1