Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Marble Hornets Entry #87

Go down 
+14
level100nidoking
SalvatoreHaran
AlanAuch
UncleDark
Swallowedglass
BlueMarble
Slendercles
sethlapod555
Chieftain1
xyzombie
Rythmear
ShadowTurtleInc
timeobserver2013
TearsOfTheAmazon
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
arduousVestibule
Untainted
arduousVestibule

Current Win Points : 1

Marble Hornets Entry #87 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marble Hornets Entry #87   Marble Hornets Entry #87 - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 8:58 am

So I was talking with a friend of mine....:
Back to top Go down
Etreo
Runner
Etreo

Current Win Points : 261

PostSubject: Re: Marble Hornets Entry #87   Marble Hornets Entry #87 - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 06, 2014 4:43 pm

arduousVestibule wrote:
So I was talking with a friend of mine....:
OHMYGOD
Back to top Go down
xyzombie
Taken
xyzombie

Current Win Points : 79

PostSubject: Re: Marble Hornets Entry #87   Marble Hornets Entry #87 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 1:04 am

Semi unrelated to end discussion - should Marble Hornets be moved to the Finished Series sub-forum?
Back to top Go down
AlanAuch
Observer
AlanAuch

Current Win Points : 34

PostSubject: Re: Marble Hornets Entry #87   Marble Hornets Entry #87 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 10:57 am

level100nidoking wrote:
Is it just me or was that a shit ending?
I think it was a good ending to the series, honestly. I know a lot of Unfiction users were going ballistic that we were left with so much unknown, but personally I find stories uncompelling when they tidy up the ends neatly; there's always an anticlimax as it all winds down. Marble Hornets ended on a pretty solid one-two punch with the fight between Tim and Alex and the melancholic coda here; as many questions as I still have (like what the deal was with the antiques shop and, by implication, Brian's creepy forest fire painting), I don't think the answers could ever be truly satisfying

Looking forward to this movie though. Bet that gets a one-week release in one indie cinema in London over here, however

EDIT: and yes, it's pretty much confirmed OOG that Les Frelons de Marbre is complete, so it should probably be moved to the finished series subsection
Back to top Go down
arduousVestibule
Untainted
arduousVestibule

Current Win Points : 1

PostSubject: Re: Marble Hornets Entry #87   Marble Hornets Entry #87 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 07, 2014 7:30 pm

The MH guys said that the series itself may be over but the channel isn't....so maybe there might be at least one thing waiting for us? Maybe wait a while before declaring MH completely over?
Back to top Go down
level100nidoking
Stalked
level100nidoking

Current Win Points : 66

PostSubject: Re: Marble Hornets Entry #87   Marble Hornets Entry #87 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 6:10 pm

AlanAuch wrote:
level100nidoking wrote:
Is it just me or was that a shit ending?
I think it was a good ending to the series, honestly. I know a lot of Unfiction users were going ballistic that we were left with so much unknown, but personally I find stories uncompelling when they tidy up the ends neatly; there's always an anticlimax as it all winds down. Marble Hornets ended on a pretty solid one-two punch with the fight between Tim and Alex and the melancholic coda here; as many questions as I still have (like what the deal was with the antiques shop and, by implication, Brian's creepy forest fire painting), I don't think the answers could ever be truly satisfying

Looking forward to this movie though. Bet that gets a one-week release in one indie cinema in London over here, however

EDIT: and yes, it's pretty much confirmed OOG that Les Frelons de Marbre is complete, so it should probably be moved to the finished series subsection
I mean I can see why people would like the ending, I probobly shouldn't have just said "It's shit" as that probobly comes off as kind of trolling. I like that its as mysterious as the show was, but to be honest I'm still kind of disapointed that we never found any answers really. It makes it seem like I watched a series for 5 years for nothing (I mean technicly I did, but still it's kind of hard to phrase). I never really expected to get any answers like "What is the Operator?" or "What the fuck was with that random ass entry with alex as a kid?" but it feels like we still could have gotten some more vague answers or maybe have gotten to see some more of the actual inner workings of what tall and slender is doing. I don't think theres really anyway they could have actually pulled off explaining this, and now that I actually think about it I think this is probably the best ending that could have been done. Or at the very least "What the hell happened to Jessica?".
Back to top Go down
http://mrsaturnjr.com/
xyzombie
Taken
xyzombie

Current Win Points : 79

PostSubject: Re: Marble Hornets Entry #87   Marble Hornets Entry #87 - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 10:52 pm

Quote :
Quote :
level100nidoking wrote:
Or at the very least "What the hell happened to Jessica?".

But really though. Though I'm fine without knowing some of the bigger things, like the Operator.
Back to top Go down
NA_Fury
Untainted
NA_Fury

Current Win Points : 2

PostSubject: Re: Marble Hornets Entry #87   Marble Hornets Entry #87 - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 13, 2014 8:35 pm

xyzombie wrote:

But really though. Though I'm fine without knowing some of the bigger things, like the Operator.

You know, I tend to agree. I still liked the ending, regardless. Made me sit there and say to myself, "I wonder..."
Back to top Go down
http://www.bombadradio.com
level100nidoking
Stalked
level100nidoking

PostSubject: Re: Marble Hornets Entry #87   Marble Hornets Entry #87 - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 3:35 pm

tfw we'll never know who the fuck totheark was and as far I remember he was really that relevant except once or twice.
Back to top Go down
Etreo
Runner
Etreo

Current Win Points : 261

PostSubject: Re: Marble Hornets Entry #87   Marble Hornets Entry #87 - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 3:54 pm

That feel though. Sad

I do kind of feel like I spent 5 years walking in circles (it was all worth it for that moment where they go into the basement and time jump), and answers would have been nice, but that last line is so chilling I'm almost contented.

Let it be, I say. Let it be.
Back to top Go down
level100nidoking
Stalked
level100nidoking

PostSubject: Re: Marble Hornets Entry #87   Marble Hornets Entry #87 - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 3:12 pm

Etreo wrote:
That feel though. Sad

I do kind of feel like I spent 5 years walking in circles (it was all worth it for that moment where they go into the basement and time jump), and answers would have been nice, but that last line is so chilling I'm almost contented.

Is it just me or was it also weird that Slendy's last appearance was a full 4 entrys before the ending?
Back to top Go down
AlanAuch
Observer
AlanAuch

Current Win Points : 34

PostSubject: Re: Marble Hornets Entry #87   Marble Hornets Entry #87 - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 1:56 pm

level100nidoking wrote:
Etreo wrote:
That feel though. Sad

Is it just me or was it also weird that Slendy's last appearance was a full 4 entrys before the ending?
Ol' Slim appears again in #86 though
Back to top Go down
level100nidoking
Stalked
level100nidoking

PostSubject: Re: Marble Hornets Entry #87   Marble Hornets Entry #87 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 6:42 pm

Well either way, at least it didn't really start dragging on until reaching entry #500. It was still a fucking hell of a ride to watch this series.

RIP in peace marble hornets

goodnight sweet prince
Back to top Go down
WallToWall
Untainted
WallToWall

Current Win Points : 2

PostSubject: Re: Marble Hornets Entry #87   Marble Hornets Entry #87 - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 01, 2014 12:14 pm

So many possibilities on this "ending". Is the last entry actually the last thing recorded chronologically?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marble Hornets Entry #87   Marble Hornets Entry #87 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Marble Hornets Entry #87
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2