Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Does anyone else find it hard to get immersed in TT now?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
level100nidoking
Stalked
level100nidoking

Current Win Points : 66

Does anyone else find it hard to get immersed in TT now? Empty
PostSubject: Does anyone else find it hard to get immersed in TT now?   Does anyone else find it hard to get immersed in TT now? EmptySat Jul 19, 2014 3:25 pm

I mean seriously, it's about 2-5 months between each entry. It's hard for me to stay immersed in the universe of it and actually be interested when right when I'm immersed and care about whats going to happen, its over and goes "WELL SHIT, SEE YOU 3 MONTHS". I mean I love the series, but its getting hard to actually give a shit about new videos or what will happen. It's like watching an anime or show when its still airing. I get immersed for about 10-20 minutes and then it ends and I wait a week, and once it's out I don't have much interest anymore and the cycle repeats. Like with marble hornets for example, it had around a half a year to a year break and then the entries were steadily coming out on a monthly schedule. I mean sure I'd have liked to see them more often, but in the case of series like darkharvest and EMH when the videos come out sporadically and every video makes me go "Alright is this going to be half a year or will it be out tomorrow" it really kills the immersion. I know a lot of these problems can't be helped because most of the series are just some guys with a camera who happen to be good at acting and editing, rather than a proffesional studio, but it still seems like it's gotten more difficult overtime to keep the same amount of immersion as I did when I started watching and was constantly like "AWW SHIEEEEEEEEEEET" everytime an entry came out.
Back to top Go down
http://mrsaturnjr.com/
ShadowTurtleInc
Turned
ShadowTurtleInc

Current Win Points : 306

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else find it hard to get immersed in TT now?   Does anyone else find it hard to get immersed in TT now? EmptySun Jul 27, 2014 8:00 pm

I still think, regardless of what everyone else on the forum consistantly says about how this is not true, that when you start a series and gain a fan base that there becomes a responsibility to treat your audience to content more often so you don't let them down. A lot of people argue that a creator doesn't need to do that because it's their series and they can do whatever they want and while this is somewhat true I think that way of thinking and a responsible way of thinking really do reflect the character of the creator. Someone who consistently produces content is likely doing it more in the favor of others while a creator who posts spontaneously and has huge breaks are probably just doing it because it's something they want to do for themselves. So ya that's my blurb.
Back to top Go down
timeobserver2013
Taken
timeobserver2013

Current Win Points : 113

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else find it hard to get immersed in TT now?   Does anyone else find it hard to get immersed in TT now? EmptyMon Jul 28, 2014 2:21 pm

I get surges in interest when a new video comes out. Since the last Marble Hornets, I watched Cloverinchicago and MyDarkJournal.

At the moment, my interest in the mythos is low (still there but kinda low). Should a new EMH/TT/DH00 entry come out, I get immersed.

It really comes down to patience. I get that Adam is busy and so is Vinny, Evan, Chris, and Alex, but it's just one of those things that I believe that yes, there is an obligation but I do understand that there's a lot that is beyond them.

I wish all of them luck and I eagerly await the latest adventures.
Back to top Go down
Todesfurcht
Observer
Todesfurcht

Current Win Points : 69

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else find it hard to get immersed in TT now?   Does anyone else find it hard to get immersed in TT now? EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 3:16 am

That is honestly why I haven't watched the series or read the blogs. I hate being left on a cliffhanger, or waiting five months just to see a two minute video. I'm waiting until they wrap it up until I actually start watching their videos. Same reason I haven't started Homestuck. If a story/comic/manga/cartoon/etc isn't finished then I want no part in it. I'm not going to put hope and faith into something only to get something unsatisfactory back, or even nothing at all.
Back to top Go down
Peppercorn
Anxious
Peppercorn

Current Win Points : 24

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else find it hard to get immersed in TT now?   Does anyone else find it hard to get immersed in TT now? EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 11:06 am

The most recent Twitter update implies to me that the long hiatuses exist in-universe as the Collective not doing anything. :/ Maybe we're gearing up to a transition out of that?

And it's been a while, but didn't Adam say he was planning an in-series blog? I wonder when that's going to start.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/LaPeppercorn
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else find it hard to get immersed in TT now?   Does anyone else find it hard to get immersed in TT now? Empty

Back to top Go down

Does anyone else find it hard to get immersed in TT now?
Page 1 of 1