Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Is The Slenderverse Dead?

Go down 
+7
Albino Parakeet
TailsFoxy
timeobserver2013
Peppercorn
Davros
Todesfurcht
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Todesfurcht
Observer
Todesfurcht

Current Win Points : 69

Is The Slenderverse Dead? Empty
PostSubject: Is The Slenderverse Dead?   Is The Slenderverse Dead? EmptyTue Mar 31, 2015 4:37 pm

This forum is dying, and everyone is moving on.
Vlogs are losing popularity, and blogs are trying to find their place.
The progress on the MarbleHornets movie is dead silent, and no one seems to know why.
VictorSurge doesn't own the rights to our beloved ten foot tall man.
And Slenderman is only known as "dead meme" and "misunderstood" among the internet.

Is being apart of the Slenderverse beating a dead horse at this point?
Back to top Go down
Davros
Observer
Davros

Current Win Points : 33

PostSubject: Re: Is The Slenderverse Dead?   Is The Slenderverse Dead? EmptyTue Mar 31, 2015 5:06 pm

As someone who just joined...I hope not.
Back to top Go down
Taken

Current Win Points : 72

PostSubject: Re: Is The Slenderverse Dead?   Is The Slenderverse Dead? EmptyTue Mar 31, 2015 9:55 pm

Actually the 'verse is not dead. There are always new vlogs happening, you just have to look.
The Marble Hornets movie is to be released direct to video some time soon and they're about to launch the second series on the main MH channel.
Wait for the summer when more creators have time to create.
Back to top Go down
Peppercorn
Anxious
Peppercorn

Current Win Points : 24

PostSubject: Re: Is The Slenderverse Dead?   Is The Slenderverse Dead? EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 1:36 pm

As the New Rock and Roll of the horror genre, I suspect that the Slender Man mythos will go through the same phases: first being the awesome, revolutionary style that changes everything, then becoming big enough for Sturgeon's Law to grossly apply, then becoming the scapegoat of a ridiculous witch hunt, then burning out after a gradual decline, and finally being vindicated by history. I'd definitely say we're in the "burning out" phase, but I don't doubt for one second that the mythos will receive favorable retrospectives. The best series will probably be widely regarded as cult classics, and the Slender Man might even be elevated to proper urban legend status. This also means we'll get revival attempts, some of which will actually be good. But for now, let's start small by making this forum more active and encouraging the underestimated potential this mythos still has left.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/LaPeppercorn
timeobserver2013
Taken
timeobserver2013

Current Win Points : 113

PostSubject: Re: Is The Slenderverse Dead?   Is The Slenderverse Dead? EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 5:44 pm

The reason why I am still here is the hope that some endgame will happen for EMH or some activity with TribeTwelve or DarkHarvest. I'm sure the new horror series by Trosephim (+Noah) may invigorate the forum a bit. THAC can just be as prominent as they started the whole thing in the first place.
Back to top Go down
TailsFoxy
Slendervet
TailsFoxy

Current Win Points : 424

PostSubject: Re: Is The Slenderverse Dead?   Is The Slenderverse Dead? EmptyThu Apr 02, 2015 4:37 am

Let me assure you, the mythos is still far away from being dead. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://slenderman.de
Albino Parakeet
Untainted
Albino Parakeet

Current Win Points : 2

PostSubject: Re: Is The Slenderverse Dead?   Is The Slenderverse Dead? EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 8:44 am

It's a shame, to say the least, that content has slowed down after its numerous popularity spikes, but to me it's both good and bad.

Good because less people will contaminate the stew with their filthy fingers (ex: less abominable blogs by newcomers or amateurs, less shitty fear blogs [this, itself, also has a bad side; with less people comes less chance for proper revivals or brilliant additions to the mythos]), and bad because all the signs could be pointing to its inevitable plummet into obscurity (well, further obscurity) until it dies a painful death. There will be veterans around its hospital bed as it wheezes its final words: "remember SomethingAwful? Remember Just Another Fool? Remember when Tim was revealed to be Masky? Remember when people actually thought proxies were a good addition to the mythos for some stupid reason?" and they would all nod, cheeks lined with the streams of their tears. They wouldn't have the heart to speak. The most they can do is shiver and sob as the heart monitor flat-lines, and the orderlies confirm its death.

I'm a fan of what some people call the "Surgist" Slenderman while also being a patron of the "classics." Because of my bastard attitude and opinions, I've felt the mythos was falling apart for several years now, actually. Whether or not it'll die in the immediate future will only be proved in time, but in my eyes, it's already dead. It's a dead horse, beaten continuously by amateurs, Stephen King Jrs., Lovecraft disciples, tryhard teenagers, and memer enthusiasts. At the end of the day, as it is now, it stands as another internet meme that's been repeated over and over again until its paint has faded and cracked.

I could go on and on with the doomsayer act. Point is, I'm a bitter asshole with rose-colored glasses stapled to my temples who eagerly awaits a revival that's worth the time.

Last edited by Albino Parakeet on Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:03 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
TailsFoxy
Slendervet
TailsFoxy

Current Win Points : 424

PostSubject: Re: Is The Slenderverse Dead?   Is The Slenderverse Dead? EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 8:56 am

Yeah, you are really a doomsayer, and that´s ok. (althrough i partly have to disagree big time with what you wrote in there.)
Back to top Go down
http://slenderman.de
crazon
Untainted
crazon

Current Win Points : 9

PostSubject: Re: Is The Slenderverse Dead?   Is The Slenderverse Dead? EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 1:20 pm

Todesfurcht wrote:
This forum is dying, and everyone is moving on.
Vlogs are losing popularity, and blogs are trying to find their place.
The progress on the MarbleHornets movie is dead silent, and no one seems to know why.
VictorSurge doesn't own the rights to our beloved ten foot tall man.
And Slenderman is only known as "dead meme" and "misunderstood" among the internet.

Is being apart of the Slenderverse beating a dead horse at this point?

In reply to the "Marble Hornets" movie, see Doug Jones's very own Facebook page at the time of this posting to see the new movie poster of "Always Watching: A Marble Hornets Story". Also It would appear that the film will be V.o.D on April 7th. Looks like the verse has some life in it still.
Back to top Go down
http://crazon.deviantart.com
SolfSwagtron
Untainted

Current Win Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Is The Slenderverse Dead?   Is The Slenderverse Dead? EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 4:06 pm

It feels like it's a cycle. People don't want to make content because no one will see it, and no one will watch things because of lack of content.
Back to top Go down
Peppercorn
Anxious
Peppercorn

Current Win Points : 24

PostSubject: Re: Is The Slenderverse Dead?   Is The Slenderverse Dead? EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:16 pm

I think we expect to be interested from the beginning at what a series has to offer, which is why we don't really give chances to series that open with tacked-on premises we've heard before which lack personality or substance (i.e. these clips come from an ordinary film project and I decided to upload them despite there being nothing remotely suspicious about them). And even if creators have more inspiration than that, they are still discouraged because people are afraid of testing the waters any further. I think that if anything new ends up catching our attention again, it will have to reinvent the mythos. By this I mean changing the formula in ways that actually improve it while staying true to what made the Slender Man scary in the first place. Basically, we need more series that are substantial contributions to the mythos at large rather than just riding on its coattails, a phenomenon which I blame for the lack of inspiration since at least 2012. I've allways said that the main source of wasted potential in the Slender Man mythos is that we never took enough advantage of the ARG aspect, because nothing since the height of the mythos' popularity has been nearly as experimental with perception as it ought to be. But I'm not holding my breath on a successful revival happening any time soon, because it would have to be very well-formulated in order to meet our heightened standards and that's not easy. Instead, I'm just going to play the role of "Greatest Hits" station so that we don't forget the good stuff.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/LaPeppercorn
Chieftain1
Taken
Chieftain1

Current Win Points : 193

PostSubject: Re: Is The Slenderverse Dead?   Is The Slenderverse Dead? EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 4:18 pm

Yes, it is dead sadly. It's a shame since this was my first forum, if you wonder where i am, just look at the signature. The big series creators just gave up on the whole,I'll will be surprised if I saw another EMH and TT video and the newer series are just bad IMO as much TailsFoxy would disagree. The Slenderverse is dead and has been for along time. It was fun while it lasted.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLnGZjFH39HUbq_5uecBV-g
timeobserver2013
Taken
timeobserver2013

Current Win Points : 113

PostSubject: Re: Is The Slenderverse Dead?   Is The Slenderverse Dead? EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 4:34 pm

Quick question guys:

Can we also make this dedicated to Troy's or THAC's new 44 project? It might open up something big to talk about and breathe a bit of life to the forum.
Back to top Go down
AcePirosu
Untainted
AcePirosu

Current Win Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Is The Slenderverse Dead?   Is The Slenderverse Dead? EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 2:10 pm

Chieftain1 wrote:
I'll will be surprised if I saw another EMH and TT video
According to the creator of TT, the delay in posting is just due to real life problems and the regular episodes should be back soon.
Minor spoilers:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is The Slenderverse Dead?   Is The Slenderverse Dead? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is The Slenderverse Dead?
Page 1 of 1