Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff



 
HomepageHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Share | 
 

 "Core Theory"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
altiumvidetur
Anxious


Posts : 89
Current Win Points : 68
Join date : 2010-12-29

PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:31 pm

I don't know how to answer your question, Zero (big fan by the way). But I do have a new one to raise.

Robert Sagel said he thought there would be Three
Generations of Sages. Yes, the Core Theory is supposed to be dead, but it's interesting to think about what would have happened if, well, spoilery events hadn't happened. If the Core Theory was still the accepted theory, who do you think the new Sages are in this generation of bloggers?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:33 pm

That is a rather fine page. I might even be okay with people thinking the Solstice plan didn't work out, because it's technically our fault, so we get the guilt for it.

*wonders if she should correct people who think Nessa died, but realizes that it's technically left up to interpretation* Though I think they only made Fizzy THINK she killed Nessa. Oh well.

I dunno about that photobucket thing, zero.

Edit: Oh yeah, Rule of Three. Who knows. According to this post, we're not supposed to use them anymore. :s
Back to top Go down
zero
Stalked


Posts : 320
Current Win Points : 115
Join date : 2010-12-25

PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:48 pm

altiumvidetur wrote:
I don't know how to answer your question, Zero (big fan by the way). But I do have a new one to raise.

Robert Sagel said he thought there would be Three
Generations of Sages. Yes, the Core Theory is supposed to be dead, but it's interesting to think about what would have happened if, well, spoilery events hadn't happened. If the Core Theory was still the accepted theory, who do you think the new Sages are in this generation of bloggers?

First, you honor me by being a fan of my work, thank you.

In truth the title could go to whomever had enough respect and merit to continue on in the vein of actively working against Slenderman. The person would need to be reliable enough that others who wanted to talk about their troubles, could go to them.



I'd guess that if They were still active, it would've been Jean, B, and Nessa. One would've died, one would've retired, and the third would've been the Hero, if it all followed the pattern.

Jay (died)
Robert - Guardian
Shaun - Retired from title

Amelia - died
Maduin - Retired from title
Zero - Warrior

etc.

I'm still not too sure about Jay being dead, myself.
*cough* Redlight*cough*

Also, it's not the Core Theory itself that needed to be put to rest, it was the title concept giving people superhuman abilities. However Zero may have proved that core theory is disproved with the solstice event.


Now since I can't figure out how to open up that photobucket gallery, I'll just tell you guys the two things I wanted people to know.

A - Zero did not write his last post, someone else did. (One of you bloggers figured that out at least.)

B - Zero probably killed Amelia. There's a few frantic drawings he did that allude to that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:56 pm

zero wrote:
B - Zero probably killed Amelia. There's a few frantic drawings he did that allude to that.
Oh god, are you serious? Where are these, I must have missed that!
Back to top Go down
zero
Stalked


Posts : 320
Current Win Points : 115
Join date : 2010-12-25

PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:01 pm

they're on the photobucket account I can't seem to free up for public viewing.

I'll send you the link later, maybe someone'll post that link to the blog, or not.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:03 pm

...Oh shit. I didn't realize those pictures in the last post were from photobucket. I didn't bother investigating until now.

FOUND IT
Back to top Go down
zero
Stalked


Posts : 320
Current Win Points : 115
Join date : 2010-12-25

PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:05 pm

cool! you did find it! I guess noone else had the incentive to go looking in my gallery till now, Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
altiumvidetur
Anxious


Posts : 89
Current Win Points : 68
Join date : 2010-12-29

PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:08 pm

*Goes to add "Unreliable Narrator" to the tvtropes page*.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zero
Stalked


Posts : 320
Current Win Points : 115
Join date : 2010-12-25

PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:21 pm

hey, we had to justify Amelia's sudden disappearance somehow, right?

I haven't talked to her OOCly at all, so I left it a possibility. I do wonder what happened to her though Sad


on an unrelated note, I frickin love Nightcrawler's solstice report that I got killed immediately, that's just awesome. and probably the most accurate!


the original solstice event plan was to have a lot of bloggers there, and write a fake story about what happened (which is pretty similar to the way it went down, except that the difference is there was an outline of what to write, and certain people were utterly confirmed to have been there.)

Here's the outline


1. Myself, Amelia, maybe Greenlight await arrival in a clearing near a treeline outside Indianapolis.
2. He shows himself
3. Agents/Hallowed show
4. Sages prepare for battle
5. Nightcrawler's team ambushes the Hallowed and Agents.
6. Slendy steps into the fray
7. I attack him as best I can, before being grappled and knocked aside.
8. Slendy advances on Amelia, up to her if she chooses combat or not
9. Greenlight appears, holds Slendy at bay
10. Laser carbines fire upon Slendy, from two men held in reserve, of Basroil squad. (or any other thing you'd like to have them do, NC)
11. I recover, go for Katana backstab (It has been speculated after all, that surprise attacks affect him)
12. Sword breaks, but pierces him, I add my stun gun to the blade to electrify him (dramatic purpose)
13. Greenlight produces the weapon, the knife, but is fully invested in holding Slendy at bay.
14. Amelia stabs Slendy. showing herself as our Hero
15. Sages and Slendy disappear in green light flash
16. Some Hallowed are freed

17. Slendy is gone, wounded but not dead.


The idea was that all surviving parties would write their own way of seeing how things went, with those same characteristics. That was to help enforce the reality of the event, help cement it in everyone's minds.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maduin
Observer


Posts : 104
Current Win Points : 67
Join date : 2011-01-03
Age : 30
Location : The darkest game arcade

PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:39 pm

Who has confirmed attendance on the solstice except you and Amelia?
And seriously, I love the preson who made the "A Really Bad Joke" page on TV Tropes Very Happy
I think I'll get to posting another entry tomorrow, in case anyone is anxious to see how things are developing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://worstjestever.blogspot.com
zero
Stalked


Posts : 320
Current Win Points : 115
Join date : 2010-12-25

PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:26 pm

just another clue I left in that blog, Maduin. the only other confirmed party was Basroil squad. I left a link to their site in the blog page.

which is why, I might add, that I feel they're the most realistic of all the stories made.

whomever made your page, keeps calling you Crazy Awesome, that's pretty sweet, I must say. Very Happy

hey maybe it's Amelia doing it, that'd be pretty cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zero
Stalked


Posts : 320
Current Win Points : 115
Join date : 2010-12-25

PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:28 pm

oh and technically Amelia didn't confirm, she stopped posting way before the Solstice.

which is why I said I might've killed her in a bad moment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thage the Minithulu
Observer


Posts : 151
Current Win Points : 84
Join date : 2011-01-10
Age : 28
Location : Elsewhere~

PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:36 am

Ran this by James and AV last night, but I wanted the board's general opinion on Thage posting reports on the various 'games' Slender's played over the ages, starting with Lower Egypt (where he assumed the form of Anubis) or Ancient Greece, depending on the time frame involved because I'm terrible with B.C. After that, we head towards the Celts, then the Anglo-Saxons with a side helping of Norway, then on to Der Ritter, Renaissance Italy (namely Vienna), all's quiet until Colonial America (remember Roanoke?). Somewhere in there, he's also responsible for the bubonic plague (reality trying to accomodate his presence, and a mark for him to claim his victims). Again, silent until the Roaring 20s in America, and he gets more and more active and prevalent until the 2000s, when the SA thread causes him to grow in power to a level unknown since he posed as the Egyptian and Greek gods of death/the dead.

Each time period would get its own post, obviously.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zero
Stalked


Posts : 320
Current Win Points : 115
Join date : 2010-12-25

PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:46 am

I dunno about Egypt, and the godly mantles that that infers, but Roanoke would be an excellent idea! That itself is brilliant.

I think I'd try to keep him out of historical comparisons for the most part, I mean, saying that he was responsible for the great Chicago fire, the Bermuda triangle, Pompeii, and Waco would be a bit narmy (just using some random concepts to illustrate)

I don't think he should be equated to most/all of the paranormal events that have happened.

Roanoke works because of it's lesser known firstly, and second, it's still a mystery to this day, and it fits into his scheme.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thage the Minithulu
Observer


Posts : 151
Current Win Points : 84
Join date : 2011-01-10
Age : 28
Location : Elsewhere~

PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:52 am

zero wrote:
I dunno about Egypt, and the godly mantles that that infers, but Roanoke would be an excellent idea! That itself is brilliant.

I think I'd try to keep him out of historical comparisons for the most part, I mean, saying that he was responsible for the great Chicago fire, the Bermuda triangle, Pompeii, and Waco would be a bit narmy (just using some random concepts to illustrate)

I don't think he should be equated to most/all of the paranormal events that have happened.

Roanoke works because of it's lesser known firstly, and second, it's still a mystery to this day, and it fits into his scheme.
Generally, the idea is to associate him with various cultures, not so much to just use him as a copypaste of "a wizard did it." Examples like, say, in Egypt. The Biblical bit about everyone losing their first-born child and the X in sheep's blood? Slender took them and avoided those with a on the front door, the third plague was added in later by scholars who were transcribing the Torah to explain the mysterious wave of incidents that broke the camel's back, so to speak.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Omega
Blackout


Posts : 569
Current Win Points : 481
Join date : 2011-01-10
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:58 am

This sounds pretty pretty cool. I'd like to see how those posts turn out.

But a bit of a side note: the Greek god of death (Hades) was never portrayed as causing death; all he did was rule over the underworld. In fact, if you compare him to the other Greek gods, he was actually among the nicest, so I think you'd need to find something else for Slendy to pose as. Perhaps someone like Erebus.
Also has a similar problem with Anubis; poor guy never actually did anything evil enough to be associated with Slender Man. A lot of Anubis's portrayals as evil are caused by how our culture views death in a very different light than the ancient Egyptians. A better Egyptian figure might be Apep, who is considered a god of evil. He's also portrayed as a snake, which could tie in with tentacle-ness.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://slenderia.blogspot.com/
Thage the Minithulu
Observer


Posts : 151
Current Win Points : 84
Join date : 2011-01-10
Age : 28
Location : Elsewhere~

PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:00 am

Omega wrote:
This sounds pretty pretty cool. I'd like to see how those posts turn out.

But a bit of a side note: the Greek god of death (Hades) was never portrayed as causing death; all he did was rule over the underworld. In fact, if you compare him to the other Greek gods, he was actually among the nicest, so I think you'd need to find something else for Slendy to pose as. Perhaps someone like Erebus.
Also has a similar problem with Anubis; poor guy never actually did anything evil enough to be associated with Slender Man. A lot of Anubis's portrayals as evil are caused by how our culture views death in a very different light than the ancient Egyptians. A better Egyptian figure might be Apep, who is considered a god of evil. He's also portrayed as a snake, which could tie in with tentacle-ness.
Ooh, thanks for the factoids!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zero
Stalked


Posts : 320
Current Win Points : 115
Join date : 2010-12-25

PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:06 am

okay some of that is pretty interesting. and you summed up my reservations better than I could, at work.

The red X idea I really like! It adds some possible background merit to the operator symbol.

Something I might suggest is continuing down a path I speculated on, that firstly, if he does his thing to you, he actually takes your soul, and you don't get an afterlife, or that he exists as a cancer in the afterlife as well.

Those sort of things, I feel, have more of an unexplored feel to them.

I do caution you from defining him and his goals if you do try to create more lore about him. Fear of the unknown and all that...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thage the Minithulu
Observer


Posts : 151
Current Win Points : 84
Join date : 2011-01-10
Age : 28
Location : Elsewhere~

PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:11 am

zero wrote:
okay some of that is pretty interesting. and you summed up my reservations better than I could, at work.

The red X idea I really like! It adds some possible background merit to the operator symbol.

Something I might suggest is continuing down a path I speculated on, that firstly, if he does his thing to you, he actually takes your soul, and you don't get an afterlife, or that he exists as a cancer in the afterlife as well.

Those sort of things, I feel, have more of an unexplored feel to them.

I do caution you from defining him and his goals if you do try to create more lore about him. Fear of the unknown and all that...
I personally feel that what's lost from the fear of the unknown is made up for by knowing he's been at this for thousands of years, and despite constant efforts to fight him back, they've all failed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
altiumvidetur
Anxious


Posts : 89
Current Win Points : 68
Join date : 2010-12-29

PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:43 pm

Reason # 3294 that the Call of Cthulhu role-playing game is awesome: The indexes of "Historic and Commercial Curiosities", "Disasters Natural and Manmade" and "Events Occult, Criminal and Futurist". They mostly only cover the last hundred years, but I'll get some of the more interesting ones up when I can.

For example, though

1904: At Wimbledon, England, an intense and inexplicable darkness occurs for 10 minutes (April 17), ghost-like dogs exhume potters-field corpses and eat them.
1905: Sheep are killed and their blood sucked from them; renewed Druid solstice ceremonies at Stonehenge.

I'll add more after I get back from class/lunch/work/art/movie night, if you guys like.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Omega
Blackout


Posts : 569
Current Win Points : 481
Join date : 2011-01-10
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:51 pm

altiumvidetur wrote:
Reason # 3294 that the Call of Cthulhu role-playing game is awesome: The indexes of "Historic and Commercial Curiosities", "Disasters Natural and Manmade" and "Events Occult, Criminal and Futurist". They mostly only cover the last hundred years, but I'll get some of the more interesting ones up when I can.

For example, though

1904: At Wimbledon, England, an intense and inexplicable darkness occurs for 10 minutes (April 17), ghost-like dogs exhume potters-field corpses and eat them.
1905: Sheep are killed and their blood sucked from them; renewed Druid solstice ceremonies at Stonehenge.

I'll add more after I get back from class/lunch/work/art/movie night, if you guys like.

You get winpoints for Call of Cthulhu. And for quoting Svidrigailov in your sig.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://slenderia.blogspot.com/
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:05 pm

Omega wrote:
Also has a similar problem with Anubis; poor guy never actually did anything evil enough to be associated with Slender Man. A lot of Anubis's portrayals as evil are caused by how our culture views death in a very different light than the ancient Egyptians. A better Egyptian figure might be Apep, who is considered a god of evil. He's also portrayed as a snake, which could tie in with tentacle-ness.
*late*

Also, possibly Set. He was a pretty cool guy.

I love that you're putting him back in history. Makes him way more creepy, imo.

Also this.
Thage wrote:
I personally feel that what's lost from the fear of the unknown is made up for by knowing he's been at this for thousands of years, and despite constant efforts to fight him back, they've all failed.
Back to top Go down
altiumvidetur
Anxious


Posts : 89
Current Win Points : 68
Join date : 2010-12-29

PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:03 am

Here are some more events that could be related back to Slendy:

1895: Peasants near Odessa, Russia, attacked by a strange beast, H.H. Homes maintains basement rooms with acid baths, torture devices, and dissection theaters in his hotel in Chicago.

1896: Thousands of dead birds are found around Baton Rouge, Louisiana.

1897: The "Jig-saw murder", in which pieves of a corpse were found scattered around NY Harbour.

1902: The Freya is discovered dismantled but otherwise undamaged, her crew is never found.

1908: A woman burns to death in her bed without the bed sheets being damaged or scorched.

1910: Fresh blood falls from the sky in South America.


And on the Core Theory itself, apparently it's not over yet...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zero
Stalked


Posts : 320
Current Win Points : 115
Join date : 2010-12-25

PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:15 am

DaLadybugMan wrote:
Unreliable? I daresay!

Nah, really, though, I was never given the "Scribe" title either...maybe because people started abandoning the whole Core Theory concept (to an extent) at about the time I started joining it.

Andy

and yes you did, I gave it to you, iirc
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stormecho
Untainted


Posts : 20
Current Win Points : 7
Join date : 2011-01-11
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:24 pm

Ye gods, the TVTropes pages for the Core theory made me squee like a horrible, rabid fangirl.

The idea of Slendy appearing and causing disasters in the past, revealing a linked chain of events but without any reason as to why he was doing it... It is quite chilling. Also, woah, so many people I'm a huge fan of are posting here. x3

Apparently Robert is coming back, according to redlight in this post. Or am I regurgitating old or useless news? Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   Today at 9:28 pm

Back to top Go down
 
"Core Theory"
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Slender Man Series :: Blog Trailheads-
Jump to: