Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

"Core Theory"

Go down 
+11
Stormecho
Omega
altiumvidetur
ParaBellum
Glomple
Thage the Minithulu
Maduin
Zander
taylortexas
DaLadybugMan
zero
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

"Core Theory" - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   "Core Theory" - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 1:01 pm

Stormecho wrote:
Ye gods, the TVTropes pages for the Core theory made me squee like a horrible, rabid fangirl.

The idea of Slendy appearing and causing disasters in the past, revealing a linked chain of events but without any reason as to why he was doing it... It is quite chilling. Also, woah, so many people I'm a huge fan of are posting here. x3

Apparently Robert is coming back, according to redlight in this post. Or am I regurgitating old or useless news? Razz
Oh f***.
Back to top Go down
altiumvidetur
Anxious
altiumvidetur

Current Win Points : 68

PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   "Core Theory" - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 7:19 pm

And... White Elephants got all deleted-y again.

Sigh.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   "Core Theory" - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 9:29 pm

GODDAMNIT

HERE COMES GOOGLE CACHE TO SAVE THE DAAAAY~
Back to top Go down
Glomple
Untainted
Glomple

Current Win Points : 18

PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   "Core Theory" - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 9:32 pm

White Elephants: "Oh, I think I gave people enough time to read my posts. 30 minutes is enough, right? Right."

*delete*

Razz
Back to top Go down
altiumvidetur
Anxious
altiumvidetur

PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   "Core Theory" - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 9:34 pm

http://fighthimuntiltheend.blogspot.com/2011/01/questions.html

Look who has easy amnesia! So Rob is back, and apparently useless. Yay?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   "Core Theory" - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 10:42 pm

Crap. *facepalms*
Back to top Go down
altiumvidetur
Anxious
altiumvidetur

PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   "Core Theory" - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 10:54 pm

I don't know what to feel about Robert's return-- I like the blog, and the writing, but I also really liked the way the blog originally ended. It was almost poetic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   "Core Theory" - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 11:06 pm

I agree with you, Alt. It was like what Rita Skeeter did to Dumbledore. I just don't see him the same way anymore.

And that makes me sad. Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   "Core Theory" - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 8:22 pm

Update: White Elephants

Supposedly Robert is back. Supposedly Redlight is torturing him. Supposedly Robert isn't really back, Redlight is just messin'.

Update: Shaun (one of the first three Sages)

Looks like Shaun isn't real. http://futuregrudgereport.blogspot.com/2011/01/shaun-isnt-real.html
Back to top Go down
zero
Stalked
zero

Current Win Points : 115

PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   "Core Theory" - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 9:29 pm

Yeah I got no clue about Shaun's post, Robert, I understand
Back to top Go down
altiumvidetur
Anxious
altiumvidetur

PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   "Core Theory" - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 2:18 pm

It seems like Shaun is maybe trying a Dreams in Darkness thing.

Maybe.

Or just everyone is going crazy.

As for Robert... Well, I'm not sure that I want the Core Theory back. He seems to be bringing bits of the Core back, but even if it's just bits, I think it's time everything moved past that. I liked the CT while it lasted, there were some nice elements too it, and it really brought the bloggers together. But there are a bunch of new theories and blogs out there. I hope the author is able to, well, fit in to the new atmosphere or at least make his theories adaptable enough for all the other stories to flourish.

It'll be interesting to see how it all goes.
Back to top Go down
Thage the Minithulu
Observer
Thage the Minithulu

Current Win Points : 84

PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   "Core Theory" - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 2:34 pm

A lot of the problem with Core Theory was when people started titling themselves and gamejacking with SUPARPOWERS. Had people stuck to Robert's intention for the Theory, it would have been a great addition to the Mythos rather than crashing and burning like it did when people stopped respecting the author's intent.
Back to top Go down
zero
Stalked
zero

PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   "Core Theory" - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 4:36 pm

agreed on both counts. I know Robert fairly well. He was just as ashamed about how the term 'core theory' got associated with, what I always referred to as 's00per powers! pew pew pew!"

I was pretty skeptical of his return, even lamenting, 'why can't anyone stay dead'. However I must say that just reading redlight's last post, about how he was crying, curled up, and all alone, was magnificent.

Naturally I was happy to hear about the recent developments

I also like the fact that other people are starting to believe Redlight was one of the other sages, Jay.

I got no clue about Shaun though. He never really wanted associated with anyone else's story, so I got no idea what he's doing.
Back to top Go down
zero
Stalked
zero

PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   "Core Theory" - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 1:51 am

what do you folx think about Redlight? I was musing that it might be interesting to have a slenderblog where the main enemy is him instead.

Granted Robert might stay on this angle, and if so I'll leave him be. But he recently gave word that RL is available for use for other players so long as they keep him within a certain set of guidelines.

He's probably going to keep the angle, I was just thinking about unusual twists for a blog.
Back to top Go down
DaLadybugMan
Blackout
DaLadybugMan

Current Win Points : 488

PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   "Core Theory" - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 2:02 am

zero wrote:

I got no clue about Shaun though. He never really wanted associated with anyone else's story, so I got no idea what he's doing.

That's not Shaun's blog though, is it? Because we can easily attribute that to wifin'.

And yes, I had also been under the assumption that redlight was Jay. The whole "memory removal" thing and all.

And zero, where exactly did he provide this information? I'd kind of like to know.

Andy
Back to top Go down
http://slenderbloggins.net
Sam4books
Observer
Sam4books

Current Win Points : 54

PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   "Core Theory" - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 2:22 am

zero wrote:
what do you folx think about Redlight? I was musing that it might be interesting to have a slenderblog where the main enemy is him instead.

Granted Robert might stay on this angle, and if so I'll leave him be. But he recently gave word that RL is available for use for other players so long as they keep him within a certain set of guidelines.

He's probably going to keep the angle, I was just thinking about unusual twists for a blog.

I would be interesting to see if someone could come up with some sort of ulterior motive for him.
Back to top Go down
http://sam4books.deviantart.com/
Omega
Blackout
Omega

Current Win Points : 481

PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   "Core Theory" - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 9:19 am

DaLadybugMan wrote:
zero wrote:

That's not Shaun's blog though, is it? Because we can easily attribute that to wifin'.

And yes, I had also been under the assumption that redlight was Jay. The whole "memory removal" thing and all.

And zero, where exactly did he provide this information? I'd kind of like to know.

Andy

I'm pretty sure Shaun is working with him, based on the comments he left on Unfiction. Also, Shaun did link to that blog, so there's likely at least some connection.
Back to top Go down
http://slenderia.blogspot.com/
zero
Stalked
zero

PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   "Core Theory" - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 10:33 am

DaLadybugMan wrote:

Andy

Can you clarify what information you're referring to? I was all over the place with that post.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   "Core Theory" - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 10:39 am

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   "Core Theory" - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 10:22 pm

The Power of Rock is now confirmed to drive HIM away. What.

This is... simultaneously lame and awesome.

Last edited by the Cat on Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:39 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Fail first edit is fail.)
Back to top Go down
Omega
Blackout
Omega

PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   "Core Theory" - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 10:35 pm

the Cat wrote:
The Power of Rock is now confirmed to drive HIM away. What.

This is... simultaneously lame and awesome.

Drop the lame part and I will totally agree with you.
Back to top Go down
zero
Stalked
zero

PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   "Core Theory" - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 2:07 am

i chalk it up to positive vibes

also, Reach has 41 comments on his new entry and possibly a crossover with WE, this has really gotten some attention. I approve.

I decided that I enjoy the interaction between bloggers in the comments more than most entries.

Sort of wish I was back in action.
Back to top Go down
Alice
Anxious
Alice

Current Win Points : 193

PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   "Core Theory" - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 6:09 am

Just...wow.

Redlight loses again. Robert saves Reach. Crossovers are abounding. I can listen to "Don't Stop Believing" once more.

Give me a moment, I think I have something in my eye.

(though, given what happened to Robert, I guess I shouldn't complain)
Back to top Go down
http://holisticalice.livejournal.com/51505.html
zero
Stalked
zero

PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   "Core Theory" - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 11:22 am

well done Robert. well done.
Back to top Go down
Omega
Blackout
Omega

PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   "Core Theory" - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 11:32 am

I dunno about Robert saving Reach. It feels like it cheapens the sacrifice.

And it feeds the other problem I have with a lot of these blogs: No one ever dies. The only major characters to have been killed off for real recently was Zero, Fizzbomb, and the Hiking Fiend guy. Even side characters seem to have contractual immortality; instead of dying, they all either vanish and reappear later, or become hallowed.

Last edited by Omega on Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Core Theory"   "Core Theory" - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

"Core Theory"
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next