Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

The Shark Has Been Jumped

Go down 
+9
Broeckchen
Maduin
DaLadybugMan
Stormecho
Roninator
Mellori
Mephiles
AdmirableJellyfish
Omega
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Omega
Blackout
Omega

Current Win Points : 481

The Shark Has Been Jumped Empty
PostSubject: The Shark Has Been Jumped   The Shark Has Been Jumped EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 12:39 pm

I was wondering how long before someone would try doing this.

Behold Redlight's personal blog.
Back to top Go down
http://slenderia.blogspot.com/
AdmirableJellyfish
Untainted
AdmirableJellyfish

Current Win Points : 17

PostSubject: Re: The Shark Has Been Jumped   The Shark Has Been Jumped EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 12:53 pm

You know, I sort of feel sorry for Redlight. He was kind of awesome. Then he's apparently a hive mind network thing, which for some reason killed some of his appeal.

And now he has a blog.

Usually I like new blogs, but I think this kills more of what I like about him somehow. Next thing I know, he's going to be shooting lasers out of his eyes and I'll lose all respect for him.
Back to top Go down
Omega
Blackout
Omega

PostSubject: Re: The Shark Has Been Jumped   The Shark Has Been Jumped EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 1:04 pm

Redlight was awesome. I liked him in his original form.
Then the hivemind thing happened, and I was disappoint.

And now he has a blog.

I just can't imagine any way this could be a good idea. The only redemption I could possibly see would be if the author is simply amazing, and crafts a perfectly believable Redlight, who is able to retain the traits about him we love so much.

Unfortunately, based on the first post (Admitting to doing terrible things and talking about sinning?), I'm getting the impression that optimism might not be the best route.
Back to top Go down
Mephiles
Untainted
Mephiles

Current Win Points : 1

PostSubject: Re: The Shark Has Been Jumped   The Shark Has Been Jumped EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 1:11 pm

With only one post on that blog and my relative inexperience with writing, I should not be so quick to judge... But I fear this is gonna suck.
Back to top Go down
Omega
Blackout
Omega

PostSubject: Re: The Shark Has Been Jumped   The Shark Has Been Jumped EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 1:13 pm

Mephiles wrote:
With only one post on that blog and my relative inexperience with writing, I should not be so quick to judge... But I fear this is gonna suck.

Yeah.... I am judging quickly. Which I really shouldn't do.

But from the moment Redlight started spreading to the other blogs, I knew that someone, at some point, was going to make a blog for him. So I guess my negative response is a result of that dread which has been building in me since that day.
Back to top Go down
Mellori
Untainted
Mellori

Current Win Points : 11

PostSubject: Re: The Shark Has Been Jumped   The Shark Has Been Jumped EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 1:15 pm

I'm not sure I'm a fan of this.

If it's not "White Elephants Approved" then I am very much not a fan of this. If it is, then I could see myself becoming a fan of this, maybe possibly, if I can ever get my suspension of disbelief to stretch past the fact I can't conceive of Redlight making his own blog since he's such an antagonist in my mind.

If it turns into a solidly written account of the cunning and intricate plan the Redlight network has invented to free themselves from Slendy's grasp, all the while tying in with Robert's shenanigans over on White Elephants then it will probably become one of my favorite blogs.

If it doesn't, then you are correct Omega and the shark has been thoroughly jumped.

Last edited by Mellori on Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixing weird line breaks.)
Back to top Go down
http://acqusitionsandadministration.blogspot.com
Roninator
Anxious

Current Win Points : -91

PostSubject: Re: The Shark Has Been Jumped   The Shark Has Been Jumped EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 2:39 pm

Hmm. I'm going to give this a chance if only to see where it goes.
Back to top Go down
Stormecho
Untainted
Stormecho

Current Win Points : 7

PostSubject: Re: The Shark Has Been Jumped   The Shark Has Been Jumped EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 3:21 pm

I'm... watching this.

Not sure if I like it. Redlight was at his best when he was a smug monster who toyed with everyone and actually won. I'm iffy on the hivemind, but this itself is just...

Um. Maybe it won't turn out horrible, but the first post already seems off. :/ Aw man, I'm turning into a judgemental person due to too many blog binges. The horror!
Back to top Go down
DaLadybugMan
Blackout
DaLadybugMan

Current Win Points : 488

PostSubject: Re: The Shark Has Been Jumped   The Shark Has Been Jumped EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 3:48 pm

From what I've read of it, it doesn't quite sound like redlight. I mean, no matter who was writing him, redlight always had a distinctive voice.

Also, redlight's name is never supposed to be capitalized, and when he signs off, he signs off as "r." I guess what I'm trying to say is that there's no attention paid to detail, so I feel a bit justified condemning it already.
Back to top Go down
http://slenderbloggins.net
Maduin
Observer
Maduin

Current Win Points : 67

PostSubject: Re: The Shark Has Been Jumped   The Shark Has Been Jumped EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 6:21 pm

No. Just no.

This is just wrong, seriously. I do not like where this is headed. This is the biggest in a series of sharks. It has been jumped, hard!
Back to top Go down
http://worstjestever.blogspot.com
Broeckchen
Observer
Broeckchen

Current Win Points : 176

PostSubject: Re: The Shark Has Been Jumped   The Shark Has Been Jumped EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 6:27 pm

:> Nuff said.

EDIT: Actually I'm curious though and will look at this every now and then to see where it will go. But that came to my mind when I saw the thread title... And it might be appropriate if the blog is poorly done.

Last edited by Broeckchen on Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://broeckchen.deviantart.com
Sam4books
Observer
Sam4books

Current Win Points : 54

PostSubject: Re: The Shark Has Been Jumped   The Shark Has Been Jumped EmptySat Mar 26, 2011 6:28 pm

What the fuck is this crap?

>:|
Back to top Go down
http://sam4books.deviantart.com/

PostSubject: Re: The Shark Has Been Jumped   The Shark Has Been Jumped EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 2:18 pm

As I'm sort of new in these circles someone had better fill in some background (which would be ever so kind and gratefully appreciated.)..Notice that this Redlight chappy has added some more to the blog in question.
Back to top Go down
DaLadybugMan
Blackout
DaLadybugMan

PostSubject: Re: The Shark Has Been Jumped   The Shark Has Been Jumped EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 3:11 pm

...oooooooh, dear. It looks like it's either Frap, YggdrasilCore/Hellfire, or someone involved with them, judging by the comments section.

That's not particularly comforting.
Back to top Go down
zero
Stalked
zero

Current Win Points : 115

PostSubject: Re: The Shark Has Been Jumped   The Shark Has Been Jumped EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 4:24 pm

pantohorse wrote:
As I'm sort of new in these circles someone had better fill in some background (which would be ever so kind and gratefully appreciated.)..Notice that this Redlight chappy has added some more to the blog in question.

Redlight appeared in response to the more metaphysical nature that the blogs were heading into. He firmly grounded us by breaking the fourth wall in a very tactful manner, and revealed that his goal was to erase the bloggers who were aware, and actively fighting Slender Man. He's generally portrayed as a smug, genre saavy enigma, and frankly, the more wins he gets, the better.

He appeared first on White Elephants, in response to Greenlight, Robert Sagel's insane persona who felt he had become an otherworldly agent to fight against Slender Man. As he was an unnamed adversary, I christened him Redlight.

I also heavily implied in AHoS that he had experience erasing memories when Zero met him, and then as Remnant I outright said that Redlight was Jay from Anomalous Data.

I enjoy the antagonist that Robert created, and I helped shape. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SickSlickMan
Untainted

Current Win Points : 30

PostSubject: Re: The Shark Has Been Jumped   The Shark Has Been Jumped EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 8:24 am

DaLadyBugMan wrote:
...oooooooh, dear. It looks like it's either Frap, YggdrasilCore/Hellfire, or someone involved with them, judging by the comments section.

God, what is it with these kids? It's like they're intentionally trying to get us to not like them XS
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SickSilckMan?feature=mhum
Omega
Blackout
Omega

PostSubject: Re: The Shark Has Been Jumped   The Shark Has Been Jumped EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 8:56 am

SickSlickMan wrote:
DaLadyBugMan wrote:

God, what is it with these kids? It's like they're intentionally trying to get us to not like them XS

Hey, I like Yggy!

In a creepy obsessive stalker kind of way....

I think I can tell what they were trying to do with this, and would have been a cool idea, had it been done with an original character. Using redlight, it's too close to gamejacking.
Back to top Go down
Roninator
Anxious

PostSubject: Re: The Shark Has Been Jumped   The Shark Has Been Jumped EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 6:48 pm

I like Yggy, too. He's one of the few bloggers I've been able to get to crossover with me.
Back to top Go down
DaLadybugMan
Blackout
DaLadybugMan

PostSubject: Re: The Shark Has Been Jumped   The Shark Has Been Jumped EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 10:06 pm

I'll admit that I actually liked Yggy's character at first. I'm even going to be mentioning him under "Character" in my Slenderblogging for Dummies series. However, he's proved to me that, while he has some good ideas, they're too close to gamejacking and not written quite well enough for me to trust him with this (if this is indeed him).
Back to top Go down
Roninator
Anxious

PostSubject: Re: The Shark Has Been Jumped   The Shark Has Been Jumped EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 1:41 am

Where can I find this Slenderblogging for Dummies series?
Back to top Go down
Shayde
Watched

Current Win Points : 133

PostSubject: Re: The Shark Has Been Jumped   The Shark Has Been Jumped EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 3:24 am

So it wasn't him...
Everybody kinda figured it wasn't, so it's no real surprise.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Shark Has Been Jumped   The Shark Has Been Jumped Empty

Back to top Go down

The Shark Has Been Jumped
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Slender Man Series :: Blog Trailheads-
Jump to: