Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Things that you can learn from....

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
zero
Stalked
zero

Current Win Points : 115

Things that you can learn from.... Empty
PostSubject: Things that you can learn from....   Things that you can learn from.... EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 7:08 am

I thought I'd open up this thread, after starting to finally read Make It Count. The first thing that struck me was a sense of family, of Celeste's life, just by how she talked about nephews and family life.

So I thought that in the nature of the self-help threads for blogs, I'd ask you all to pipe up what you've learned from other blogs

I learned from Make It Count... that spending a few posts at the beginning of your story on family, helps gain a sense of personality that will last for the entire blog.

I learned from Dreams In Darkness... that not showing your antagonist until a real climactic moment is a better scare than anything else.

I learned from Seeking Truth... that a protagonist is capable of having personal issues, and make mistakes in his battle with the unknown. Those mistakes can shatter perceptions.

I learned from A hint of serendipity...that you can write an immersive story that lives in the moment, in the interactions of others, but it makes a poor read.

I learned from White Elephants...that sometimes a retcon taking place as a Creator Breakdown can influence the entire mythos, and spawn interesting new characters.
Back to top Go down
Zander
Survivor
Zander

Current Win Points : 640

Things that you can learn from.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things that you can learn from....   Things that you can learn from.... EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 11:27 am

What I learned from Seeking Truth: When Slendy appears it should make you fucking scared, and that there will be tragedy in Slenderseries.

What I learned from Dreams in Darkness: It's always good developing characters at the beginning, then the ensuing shitstorm of Slendy that may or may not have happened, and to add to that, mindfuck endings are amazing.

What I learned from Da Watcha: BRB BASEBALL BAT, and BRB SLENDERRAVE
Back to top Go down

Things that you can learn from....
Page 1 of 1