Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Considering starting a new slenderblog.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Roninator
Anxious

Current Win Points : -91

Considering starting a new slenderblog. Empty
PostSubject: Considering starting a new slenderblog.   Considering starting a new slenderblog. EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 12:06 am

Well, now that I've definitely ended my old blog (unless any of you have suggestions for bringing someone back from landing on their head from a multistory drop), my character Ron is irreversibly dead.

Problem is, I'm not slendered out yet and feel like starting up a proper ARG of a blog this time. My main question is whether or not my new blog should introduce a character connected to the plotline my friends and I whipped for Ron, Pete, Clarice, and Blake. I mean, Ron does have family, a ex-fiance that Dear Johned him, and that one friend who just disappeared, having possibly taken off without telling anyone. So I do have options to work with if I decide to compound on what's already built.

What would your suggestions be? Build on Drew's Box 'o' Stuff and the related blogs or start again from scratch?
Back to top Go down
Zander
Survivor
Zander

Current Win Points : 640

PostSubject: Re: Considering starting a new slenderblog.   Considering starting a new slenderblog. EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 6:02 am

If you were to go with the previous material, make sure you don't step on your own toes in the process. There can be a lot of fuckups if you accidentally contradict previous material. If you're up to it, I'd recommend starting from scratch. New story, new possibilities.
Back to top Go down
thatthingyouhate
Untainted
thatthingyouhate

Current Win Points : 7

PostSubject: Re: Considering starting a new slenderblog.   Considering starting a new slenderblog. EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 9:40 am

On the other hand, starting a project completely from scratch with nothing previous to build off of can be pretty daunting. If you can use a character who was important to your previous story but whose interactions were minimal, it should be easy enough to avoid contradictions. Even so, any contradiction could probably be passed off as unreliable narration, which isn't the worst thing.

Besides, it's always nice to have something to connect back to, especially if your previous blog was popular.
Back to top Go down
Roninator
Anxious

Current Win Points : -91

PostSubject: Re: Considering starting a new slenderblog.   Considering starting a new slenderblog. EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 4:15 pm

Thanks for the input, both of you. I've decided to continue to build on what I've already got. I've decided to bring Ron's brothers into the fold. Now I know Slice already is doing that bit, but I've seen where he's taken it already, so I think I can do something different quite easily.

EDIT: And here it is: http://brothermybrother-fred.blogspot.com/2011/04/tirade-1.html It's going to start as a straightforward blog about Fred sorting out his feelings, and then the freaky stuff will start up somewhere down the line.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Considering starting a new slenderblog.   Considering starting a new slenderblog. Empty

Back to top Go down

Considering starting a new slenderblog.
Page 1 of 1