Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff



 
HomepageHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Share | 
 

 So I decided to make a blog.....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ChaosGamma
Observer


Posts : 188
Current Win Points : 26
Join date : 2011-04-05
Age : 24
Location : Where I need to be

PostSubject: Re: So I decided to make a blog.....   Wed May 04, 2011 8:06 pm

Really there are so many Slenderblogs out there, there really aren't too many ideas that haven't been used in some form. I'd say if you have an idea you like you should go with it and try to put a different spin on it. If you really want to try and do something that hasn't been done before...
The plant watching thing sounds....unusual, I guess, and I don't believe there's anything related to geology, so maybe. But I'm only going by what I've actually read, so don't quote me on that. And be sure to keep it interesting, of course.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue Eyes
Stalked


Posts : 364
Current Win Points : 58
Join date : 2011-05-03
Age : 22
Location : TinyChat

PostSubject: Re: So I decided to make a blog.....   Wed May 04, 2011 8:09 pm

Yeah, you're right I guess.
My main concern is that I'm not going to be able to do what I've got in my head justice.
And I don't want to be called out for "stealing someone else's idea"

Beginning to have second thoughts now...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zander
Survivor


Posts : 1570
Current Win Points : 640
Join date : 2010-12-11
Age : 24
Location : Gone

PostSubject: Re: So I decided to make a blog.....   Wed May 04, 2011 10:59 pm

Don't have second thoughts dear. You just need to find something that's similar, but different. It's hard to find that medium. Just keep brainstorming. I'm sure you'll think of something. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue Eyes
Stalked


Posts : 364
Current Win Points : 58
Join date : 2011-05-03
Age : 22
Location : TinyChat

PostSubject: Re: So I decided to make a blog.....   Wed May 04, 2011 11:00 pm

I hope so.
In the beginning I was really excited to do this.

Now, because of a lot of stuff, I'm not so excited.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zander
Survivor


Posts : 1570
Current Win Points : 640
Join date : 2010-12-11
Age : 24
Location : Gone

PostSubject: Re: So I decided to make a blog.....   Wed May 04, 2011 11:55 pm

Blue Eyes wrote:
I hope so.
In the beginning I was really excited to do this.

Now, because of a lot of stuff, I'm not so excited.
Well here's a friendly tip. Depending on what direction you go with the blog, I'd recommend adding things that actually happen to you in real life to what happens to your character. It gives them a sense of realism and makes them a bit more believable.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zero
Stalked


Posts : 320
Current Win Points : 115
Join date : 2010-12-25

PostSubject: Re: So I decided to make a blog.....   Thu May 05, 2011 6:44 am

What Zander said. RL additions are a definite plus.

Heck, I'd suggest at least six posts before things start to go south.

Make sure to really exude your character, ie: gifts and flaws. Maybe your char is bad with numbers, or has a poor sense of balance, i dunno, just something to help set them apart, and define the character further.

Now say...a character that enjoys hiking, but has a metal foot. That's now. Add in that she grew up on a farm (had an accident), and is addicted to her blackberry, and I'd say that the correlations to Hiking Fiend might disappear.

We've ALL told the same story. It's how we present it, and how we define ourselves that makes it ours.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue Eyes
Stalked


Posts : 364
Current Win Points : 58
Join date : 2011-05-03
Age : 22
Location : TinyChat

PostSubject: Re: So I decided to make a blog.....   Thu May 05, 2011 8:07 am

I guess you're right.

I'm more or less basing her around myself.
I thought about giving her Starguards, but she's too young for that.
I dunno.

I just need that something that makes her different.

EDIT: What I mostly need is a name.


Last edited by Blue Eyes on Thu May 05, 2011 8:16 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding something.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zuckerman
Untainted


Posts : 25
Current Win Points : 3
Join date : 2011-03-31

PostSubject: Re: So I decided to make a blog.....   Thu May 05, 2011 8:45 am

Blue Eyes wrote:
Oh. Well shit, there goes what I thought was an original idea.

Back to the drawing board. Has there been any bird watcher blogs?

This might not be a very helpful post, but let me say, I totally feel for you. I was thoroughly disappointed when I found out the whole, someone searching for their brother thing had been done.

I don't really know what to do to help you get your Blog together but if I can help in any way let me know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue Eyes
Stalked


Posts : 364
Current Win Points : 58
Join date : 2011-05-03
Age : 22
Location : TinyChat

PostSubject: Re: So I decided to make a blog.....   Thu May 05, 2011 9:03 am

I'm just stuck now. I want to do something without getting chewed out for "stealing someone else's idea."
That's why i wanted to know if the symbol I'd posted earlier had been used.
I need a name, for both my character and my blog, and an idea that won't get me chewed out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zander
Survivor


Posts : 1570
Current Win Points : 640
Join date : 2010-12-11
Age : 24
Location : Gone

PostSubject: Re: So I decided to make a blog.....   Thu May 05, 2011 9:24 am

Zuckerman wrote:
Blue Eyes wrote:
Oh. Well shit, there goes what I thought was an original idea.

Back to the drawing board. Has there been any bird watcher blogs?

This might not be a very helpful post, but let me say, I totally feel for you. I was thoroughly disappointed when I found out the whole, someone searching for their brother thing had been done.

I don't really know what to do to help you get your Blog together but if I can help in any way let me know.
Yeah, trying to find a plotline can be hard. Although a sibling thing is still a good way to go. Particularly if they're younger. *Shifts his eyes at his own blog and coughs* After all, Slendy went after kids a lot, no? But as I said, you just need to brainstorm. Write down all you think of, and play mix-and-match till you get something you like.

Blue Eyes wrote:
I'm just stuck now. I want to do something without getting chewed out for "stealing someone else's idea."
That's why i wanted to know if the symbol I'd posted earlier had been used.
I need a name, for both my character and my blog, and an idea that won't get me chewed out.
I haven't seen the Symbol before, so you're good. Looks like the Operator Symbol enough to make it seem like a Slender-related thing, but it's not the actual Symbol. As for a name, how about Iris? Wink And a blog name if it's not taken, "The Eyes That See". Yes, I'm making references to your username, but it's an idea, no? And I'll toss out an idea for you.

You watch over victims of Slender Man and help them to the best of your ability. The symbol is your own, and you use it to identify safe places where victims could go, or leave it on notes with items they could use to help themselves. And you blog about what you do to keep it as an archive in case something may happen to you. It's just a start, and you can easily elaborate on it yourself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue Eyes
Stalked


Posts : 364
Current Win Points : 58
Join date : 2011-05-03
Age : 22
Location : TinyChat

PostSubject: Re: So I decided to make a blog.....   Thu May 05, 2011 9:34 am

Oh shit. Zander, you've set up my sequel blog to my first blog. To the @#!@#$!@ tee. Anna, my main character, will become stalked by Slendy, and then figure that her eyes open symbol helps to keep him away, and then helps others. You've read my mind.

Anywho, I think then in that blog she'll have Starguards, but i'm still on the fence.

The first blog, however, will probably be the hiking blog where I post my findings and junk. I thought the name could be "Things you see in the woods" but i don't know. Or "keep to the trails."

Anna is going to be klutzy, which will be bad for a hiker, which will add humor. Zero did a pretty good job in describing the real me. Klutzy, bad with numbers. So Anna will probably be the same. I'm giving her a cutting problem because i'm an idiot like that (*prepares for comments on how stupid that is*) Maybe walking through the forest would be the only thing that keeps her from feeling depressed, self harming, etc. I dunno.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zander
Survivor


Posts : 1570
Current Win Points : 640
Join date : 2010-12-11
Age : 24
Location : Gone

PostSubject: Re: So I decided to make a blog.....   Thu May 05, 2011 9:51 am

What can I say? I'm awesome.

I'd go with Keep To The Trails. "If you don't, you don't know what you'll find." As for Anna, that sounds great. Might just be me, but when you write a blog, you tend to think of ways you can develop your character along the way. Having things planned out is good, but it helps to always have a bit of mystery to your own creation in case something changes from the set path you have in mind as you create your story.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue Eyes
Stalked


Posts : 364
Current Win Points : 58
Join date : 2011-05-03
Age : 22
Location : TinyChat

PostSubject: Re: So I decided to make a blog.....   Thu May 05, 2011 9:53 am

yes you are.

And I agree. i think that's where i'm going to go with it. Any opinions on the Starguards thing? y/n? *shrug*

She's severely OCD, also. Why is this character basically me???
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zuckerman
Untainted


Posts : 25
Current Win Points : 3
Join date : 2011-03-31

PostSubject: Re: So I decided to make a blog.....   Thu May 05, 2011 10:06 am

Zander wrote:
Zuckerman wrote:
Blue Eyes wrote:
Oh. Well shit, there goes what I thought was an original idea.

Back to the drawing board. Has there been any bird watcher blogs?

This might not be a very helpful post, but let me say, I totally feel for you. I was thoroughly disappointed when I found out the whole, someone searching for their brother thing had been done.

I don't really know what to do to help you get your Blog together but if I can help in any way let me know.
Yeah, trying to find a plotline can be hard. Although a sibling thing is still a good way to go. Particularly if they're younger. *Shifts his eyes at his own blog and coughs* After all, Slendy went after kids a lot, no? But as I said, you just need to brainstorm. Write down all you think of, and play mix-and-match till you get something you like.

Blue Eyes wrote:
I'm just stuck now. I want to do something without getting chewed out for "stealing someone else's idea."
That's why i wanted to know if the symbol I'd posted earlier had been used.
I need a name, for both my character and my blog, and an idea that won't get me chewed out.
I haven't seen the Symbol before, so you're good. Looks like the Operator Symbol enough to make it seem like a Slender-related thing, but it's not the actual Symbol. As for a name, how about Iris? Wink And a blog name if it's not taken, "The Eyes That See". Yes, I'm making references to your username, but it's an idea, no? And I'll toss out an idea for you.

You watch over victims of Slender Man and help them to the best of your ability. The symbol is your own, and you use it to identify safe places where victims could go, or leave it on notes with items they could use to help themselves. And you blog about what you do to keep it as an archive in case something may happen to you. It's just a start, and you can easily elaborate on it yourself.








I think I was the first to have his protagonist think the community was all an ARG, before realizing otherwise. And I mean from the start, not the ''lost memories lol this is fake''. Not that I dislike that approach but I'm just clarifying.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue Eyes
Stalked


Posts : 364
Current Win Points : 58
Join date : 2011-05-03
Age : 22
Location : TinyChat

PostSubject: Re: So I decided to make a blog.....   Thu May 05, 2011 10:11 am

Okee. The whole 'being exposed to other blogs/vlogs" will be entirely up to anyone who decides to comment with their "concerns." I don't know if i'll make her say "that's silly" or what. Maybe one of her friends showed her a Slender video or picture and then she thinks it's one of her friends messing with her. But that seems far too common, though it doesn't seem to be something that would be bad, considering that's what most people who didn't know about slendy would think,.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zuckerman
Untainted


Posts : 25
Current Win Points : 3
Join date : 2011-03-31

PostSubject: Re: So I decided to make a blog.....   Thu May 05, 2011 10:14 am

Well that hiking thing you mentioned earlier was interesting, maybe one of her friends could jokingly tell her to ''be careful when you're in the woods'' or something like that. It doesn't have to be exactly like Hiking Fiend despite similar premise.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue Eyes
Stalked


Posts : 364
Current Win Points : 58
Join date : 2011-05-03
Age : 22
Location : TinyChat

PostSubject: Re: So I decided to make a blog.....   Thu May 05, 2011 10:16 am

True. Or one of her friends could already be stalked by him. And she was looking at a picture of him during school and Anna looked over her shoulder, thus exposing herself to Slendy. And then when Anna goes to hike after school, her friend tells her to be careful because she's racked with grief for letting her guard down.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zuckerman
Untainted


Posts : 25
Current Win Points : 3
Join date : 2011-03-31

PostSubject: Re: So I decided to make a blog.....   Thu May 05, 2011 10:24 am

I like that. I like it a lot.

I also like your use of the word 'exposed'. I love thinking of him as a virus, an extremely contagious and deadly virus.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zander
Survivor


Posts : 1570
Current Win Points : 640
Join date : 2010-12-11
Age : 24
Location : Gone

PostSubject: Re: So I decided to make a blog.....   Thu May 05, 2011 10:32 am

Blue Eyes wrote:
yes you are.

And I agree. i think that's where i'm going to go with it. Any opinions on the Starguards thing? y/n? *shrug*

She's severely OCD, also. Why is this character basically me???
Don't want any flack for this, but what is a Starguard?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue Eyes
Stalked


Posts : 364
Current Win Points : 58
Join date : 2011-05-03
Age : 22
Location : TinyChat

PostSubject: Re: So I decided to make a blog.....   Thu May 05, 2011 3:13 pm

Starguards is an eye condition. It's where you begin going blind from the center of the eye, and it goes out from there until you are completely blind. My father has it, which means me or my children may get it too. But it's a really interesting disease. Especially in the Slenderverse, I would think.

But I could just be grabbing at ends that don't make any sense and would just make my story look stupid.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zander
Survivor


Posts : 1570
Current Win Points : 640
Join date : 2010-12-11
Age : 24
Location : Gone

PostSubject: Re: So I decided to make a blog.....   Thu May 05, 2011 4:14 pm

Wow.. That's crazy. I'd say do it though. It'd be interesting to see what a blind person does against Slendy? Could be like Daredevil (The superhero).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue Eyes
Stalked


Posts : 364
Current Win Points : 58
Join date : 2011-05-03
Age : 22
Location : TinyChat

PostSubject: Re: So I decided to make a blog.....   Thu May 05, 2011 4:25 pm

Well, I don't know how progressive it is. Like, how quickly it spreads until you're completely blind.

I might do that as part of the second blog, when she's helping runners and those being stalked. Like, she's worried that she won't be able to help anyone else if she goes completely blind.

And then as I end the blog, Slendy could come to her and offer her her sight back if she help him do exactly what she was trying to keep from happening.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue Eyes
Stalked


Posts : 364
Current Win Points : 58
Join date : 2011-05-03
Age : 22
Location : TinyChat

PostSubject: Re: So I decided to make a blog.....   Thu May 05, 2011 5:30 pm

Sorry for double posting, but the time has come.
Only one post for now, but I'll post again tomorrow probably.

http://keeptothetrails.blogspot.com/

Sorry if this is plugging, but we'd been talking about making my blog, and I figured I'd post for those interested. If I've done something wrong, let me know and I'll delete this post.


Last edited by Blue Eyes on Thu May 05, 2011 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding sturf.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zander
Survivor


Posts : 1570
Current Win Points : 640
Join date : 2010-12-11
Age : 24
Location : Gone

PostSubject: Re: So I decided to make a blog.....   Thu May 05, 2011 5:47 pm

Following with eagerness. <3 Congrats for starting it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue Eyes
Stalked


Posts : 364
Current Win Points : 58
Join date : 2011-05-03
Age : 22
Location : TinyChat

PostSubject: Re: So I decided to make a blog.....   Thu May 05, 2011 5:50 pm

Thanks. I'm super nervous of death. We'll see how this goes. I'll post in a few hours.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: So I decided to make a blog.....   Today at 10:23 pm

Back to top Go down
 
So I decided to make a blog.....
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Slender Man Series :: Blog Trailheads-
Jump to: