Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff

HomepageHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Share | 

When you're watching Marble Hornets

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Kadiekof
Untainted

Current Win Points : 1

PostSubject: Re: When you're watching Marble Hornets   Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:09 pm

I eventually forced two of my friends to watch mh as a lets watch this until it gets dark for paranormal activity 3. They were mesmerized and I was excited they enjoyed it. Then they started pointing out slendy in scenes I previously overlooked him. We stopped pretty soon after that but this realization scared me more than pa3.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Neomenia
Anxious

Current Win Points : 14

PostSubject: Re: When you're watching Marble Hornets   Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:32 am

Everyone I've introduced to MH has asked whether it's real. Which baffles me, if taken at face value. No, obviously not real! What world are you living in, to think it's real, and how are you not wearing a jacket with straps on the sleeves? Laughing But I sought clarification, and at least one of them meant "real" in the sense that Mothman was supposed to be real, based on allegedly true events. If Slender Man makes the jump from internet meme to actual urban legend, perhaps he'll eventually become real in that sense, with people thinking they've actually seen him.

That scene where Slendy creeps into Alex's bedroom, opening the door, caused me to sleep with lights on for three weeks. I can laugh about it now, but hoo boy. It was genuinely nerve-wracking at the time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zembob
Untainted

Current Win Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: When you're watching Marble Hornets   Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:10 am

Still trying to persuade my friends to watch it Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xyzombie
Taken

Current Win Points : 79

PostSubject: Re: When you're watching Marble Hornets   Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:56 pm

Zembob wrote:

I know that feeling. I know only two or three people irl who are interested and keep up with it.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zembob
Untainted

PostSubject: Re: When you're watching Marble Hornets   Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:17 pm

xyzombie wrote:
Zembob wrote:

I know that feeling. I know only two or three people irl who are interested and keep up with it.

Spoiler:

They all just think it's shit and badly made :/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EvilRhino229
Observer

Current Win Points : 17

PostSubject: Re: When you're watching Marble Hornets   Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:26 am

Neomenia wrote:
Everyone I've introduced to MH has asked whether it's real. Which baffles me, if taken at face value.
Face value...
Oh... I see what you did there.

Anyway, I've had to explain to more people than I would like to admit that any vlog about an eldritch abomination with no face is obviously fake.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/VaderforprezAZ09?feature=mhee
Neomenia
Anxious

Current Win Points : 14

PostSubject: Re: When you're watching Marble Hornets   Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:51 pm

EvilRhino229 wrote:
Neomenia wrote:
Everyone I've introduced to MH has asked whether it's real. Which baffles me, if taken at face value.
Face value...
Oh... I see what you did there.

Errm, yessss. Yes, yes, Neomenia is witty. I meant to do that. Yes. Fully intentional. Ahem.

Actually I didn't see a potential pun until you pointed it out. Hmm.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr. NoFace22
Anxious

Current Win Points : -1

PostSubject: Re: When you're watching Marble Hornets   Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:18 am

Life wrote:
LostOne, you're terrible doing that to her. Granted, I laughed as I read that because that sounds like something she would want to get into, but still.

My brother recently got into the series, I'll occasionally ask him his opinion of entries and the like. He watched the first 29 in one night and it took him a week to start sleeping properly again. Of course, being my brother, he never told me about it but I could tell that he was having trouble sleeping.

Once I got into the series, I watched them all in one night ( not including # 61) And i slept perfectly fine..... until the next morning I awake to hallusonated him next to my door -__-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
casket
Untainted

PostSubject: Re: When you're watching Marble Hornets   Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:05 pm

My oldest, younger sister, who's 12, caught a glimpse of one of ToTheArk's videos and it caused her to not sleep for a few days. And when I say not sleep, I mean she would leave her room, come into mine and sleep on my floor. I think that opened a few more doors into me picking on her via dark humored pranking. Through the course of this all, even my mother has began to say to my three little sisters, " (fill in warning here) or the Slender Man will get you."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krywk
Untainted

PostSubject: Re: When you're watching Marble Hornets   Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:04 pm

Last week, I convinced a friend o' mine to watch MH. I told him it was all real. He lives near the woods and he usually goes there to pick up some fruits, since it's very fruity in there. He doesn't want to go in there anymore, and he now sleeps with lights turned on and filming himself all the time (JUST like Alex in the first entries). I think he's VERY paranoid.

I'm a horrible person. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lostnotfound
Untainted

Current Win Points : -2

PostSubject: Re: When you're watching Marble Hornets   Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:20 pm

My friend showed it to me in sixth grade (i'm a freshman now), and only kinda got into it. The weird thing is, though, I'm way more into MH now than I was when I practically had "Gullible" stamped on my head. Isn't that weird?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ramenninja13
Untainted

PostSubject: Re: When you're watching Marble Hornets   Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:24 pm

I really want to show my friends MH, but I'm sure like, 90% of em' will hate me for it XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wowcomix
Anxious

Current Win Points : 4

PostSubject: Re: When you're watching Marble Hornets   Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:41 pm

I love MH and can't wait for the next entry, but even still... after a weekend of watching MH, looking at the original SomethingAwful thread that spawned Slendy, and playing the original and modded versions of Slender... well...

I'm afraid to wander my house at night alone in the dark, let alone go outside. Then again, I know this is all fake but still... it's sufficiently creepy that my reflexes haven't stopped yet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ApolloTheRedSilent
Untainted

Current Win Points : -1

PostSubject: Re: When you're watching Marble Hornets   Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:50 pm

I remember the first time I watched Marble Hornets, unlike most people I never had that 'is this real?' kind of feeling, but you got to get to know me. I have a hyper active imagination, like overly badly (similar to ADHD bad).

Through the first few entries I was on edge, I was into it intensely, but at first I was like "WTF is this?" with skepticism.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheRake
Untainted

PostSubject: Re: When you're watching Marble Hornets   Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:14 pm

I have tricked all of my friends into watching this. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ekaetriana
Untainted

Current Win Points : 4

PostSubject: Re: When you're watching Marble Hornets   Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:47 pm

I'm not allowed to comment on this thread. Because I was convinced by a friend to investigate the Slender Man (and yes, the first thing they told me to do was play the game =__= lol) and only then was I led to the video series which were responsible for I what call fan-made games.

So everyone else knew about MH before me. And no, I was pretty sure it wasn't real. However, I have plenty of friends who don't know and I'd love to show them. I'd really love to show them. I'm going to show them and THEN I can comment in this thread.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scout
Untainted

PostSubject: Re: When you're watching Marble Hornets   Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:29 pm

These pranks remind me of the one I pulled on my freind. I took him to the park and put the pages everywhere and ran off and this was at 12:30 at night and he got so scared that he slept with the lights on for six months.

lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Etreo
Runner

Current Win Points : 260

PostSubject: Re: When you're watching Marble Hornets   Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:34 pm

Hi Jeff. It says in the rules not to post in a thread that's been inactive for over sixty days. It's like using the defbiliator on someone whose already starting to rot. Ain't nobody wanna see that. I know you're new, so don't worry too much, but be sure to give those a quick reread when you can. Thanks!

MOD EDIT: Topic Locked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When you're watching Marble Hornets   Today at 4:13 pm

Back to top Go down

When you're watching Marble Hornets
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Slender Man Series :: Finished Series :: Marble Hornets-
Jump to: