Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Entry #41

Go down 
+36
WarpedWolf
The Hellequin
PARADOX intent
Roninator
ChaosGamma
quofomo
Jocken
Wrathling
SliceandDice
Leviathan
Blue Eyes
Fritz122
Enjolras
Mr. Jeebles
Apples
CheckersValentine
DFW
future
Konaa
Satyrcynic
Crusergirl
BlackWolf
Allan Assiduity
Nedark
Shayde
Sachael
runjump360
MadameMiz
DaLadybugMan
Slynesh
Rythmear
WhiteWolf
bilo
re
Zander
The Doctor
40 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr. Jeebles
Slendervet
Mr. Jeebles

Current Win Points : 750

Entry #41  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Entry #41    Entry #41  - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 9:03 pm

No, Sinclair=guy with black mask. It's very possible that he's Alex we're just not sure yet. Just don't jump to conclusions. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://mrshittymarimo.tumblr.com/
Roninator
Anxious

Current Win Points : -91

PostSubject: Re: Entry #41    Entry #41  - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 9:55 pm

Oh, he's Alex. No one else would have been out there. Criminey, just stop trying to find ways for it not to be Alex, people. Sheesh.
Back to top Go down
Allan Assiduity
Observer
Allan Assiduity

Current Win Points : 35

PostSubject: Re: Entry #41    Entry #41  - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 10:03 pm

Don't you run in here, saying that Sinclair must be Alex.

Sinclair could be an evil moonman from Mars for all we know!
Back to top Go down
MadameMiz
Watched
MadameMiz

Current Win Points : 114

PostSubject: Re: Entry #41    Entry #41  - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 10:41 pm

Mr. Jeebles wrote:
No, Sinclair=guy with black mask.

haha it looks like a brownish cloth bag with slits for the eyes and mouth in it to me, but yeah, that too XD

honestly, i think it's alex as well, but i'm not ruling out the possibility of it being someone we've never even seen yet. they just love to throw twists at us, heh. the only thing that's been pretty straightfoward the whole series is that masky=tim, and that was pretty much an unsecret from the start
Back to top Go down
http://madamemiz.tumblr.com
Mr. Jeebles
Slendervet
Mr. Jeebles

PostSubject: Re: Entry #41    Entry #41  - Page 4 EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 10:56 pm

Yea, I think it's Alex too, but there's still a possibility we're wrong. That's why I'm not setting it in stone yet.
Back to top Go down
Roninator
Anxious

PostSubject: Re: Entry #41    Entry #41  - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 1:22 am

Its Alex. Tim was still nursing a broken leg, the crew has avoided including anyone else for any length of time that wasn't Jay, Alex, Slendy, or Masky, so it's obviously Alex. I will barge into any forum I wish to say what I think: its Alex.
No matter how fond you might be of the character: he's gone bad. Sorry.
Back to top Go down
MadameMiz
Watched
MadameMiz

PostSubject: Re: Entry #41    Entry #41  - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 5:10 am

aww, relax ó.o'' i think many of us are under the impression that it's alex as well, but we can never be sure. i mean, if sinclair did turn out to be someone else, it wouldn't be the first time they've introduced a new character (jessica, anyone??). besides, if he is also tta, as some people are thinking, then he wouldn't be a new character anyway *shrug*
Back to top Go down
Roninator
Anxious

PostSubject: Re: Entry #41    Entry #41  - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 5:30 am

Well, when I said that they avoided bringing anyone else in, I was referring to the low budget and the limited number of actors at their disposal. You'll notice anyone who isn't one of the core four doesn't stick around long, likely for budgeting reasons.
Back to top Go down
Crusergirl
Stalked

Current Win Points : 74

PostSubject: Re: Entry #41    Entry #41  - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 12:52 pm

BOW! All of you BOW to the mightness of SINCLAIR!
We need a Sinclair cult yes?
Back to top Go down
Mr. Jeebles
Slendervet
Mr. Jeebles

PostSubject: Re: Entry #41    Entry #41  - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 2:10 pm

I'm pretty sure they don't pay the actors... They're all friends who do this for fun. Budget has nothing to do with it. As we've all stated before, we do think he's Alex, but we can't be sure. So calm your nuts and let it play out.
Back to top Go down
Allan Assiduity
Observer
Allan Assiduity

Current Win Points : 35

PostSubject: Re: Entry #41    Entry #41  - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 2:20 pm

Roninator wrote:
I will barge into any forum I wish to say what I think: its Alex. No matter how fond you might be of the character: he's gone bad. Sorry.
Wait, you thought I was serious?

duuuuuude
Back to top Go down
Roninator
Anxious

PostSubject: Re: Entry #41    Entry #41  - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 8:55 pm

Well, Alex is a fairly likable character and hasmhis fans. Put the pieces together and you get a fan still who still thinks he's good.
Back to top Go down
bilo
Taken
bilo

Current Win Points : 311

PostSubject: Re: Entry #41    Entry #41  - Page 4 EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 10:40 pm

... I'm a fan of Alex... and the idea of him being evil just makes me like him all the more. I think it'd be awesome if Sinclair is him. And I'm fairly sure he is.

At the same time, I know that things aren't always what they seem and hell, it could be anyone. Well... anyone but Tim, anyways. Since it had only been a week since his leg was broken.
Back to top Go down
http://animal-nitrate.deviantart.com/
Roninator
Anxious

PostSubject: Re: Entry #41    Entry #41  - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 1:14 am

How does Alex being evil make him more awesome?
Back to top Go down
bilo
Taken
bilo

PostSubject: Re: Entry #41    Entry #41  - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 2:25 am

Well, for starters, because it makes him more interesting as a character. He didn't start out bad. From what we can see, he was just a normal (albeit pretentious) kid put in a really fucked up situation.

So for him to make that kind of transformation - it gives him a lot more depth and makes you question what exactly happened that we haven't seen/don't know yet that made him this way. It makes you wonder what's going on in his head. Which is why a lot of people latched onto Masky when he first appeared too. "What the fuck is this guy thinking and why is he doing the things he's doing?" The right amount of mysteriousness can go a long way.

I don't know why some people think everyone should hate the villains in movies/stories anyways... They're usually the most interesting.
Back to top Go down
Roninator
Anxious

PostSubject: Re: Entry #41    Entry #41  - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 4:17 am

Ah, I see. That said, I would also like to see things happening to Jay in real time again, not just him investigating the last seven months.
Back to top Go down
The Hellequin
Untainted
The Hellequin

Current Win Points : 7

PostSubject: Re: Entry #41    Entry #41  - Page 4 EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 12:05 pm

So I allowed myself to do something I should never do: theorize
I may have spent a little too much time investigating this new face. I'm rather fascinated by this one, not sure why. (then again I was fascinated by Masky for a while there too. Still am, actually Razz)

Despite the popular belief, I don’t think this masked person
is Alex. I mean, if it was Alex, why would he mask himself? It would be
pointless, whether to shield his identity from Jay, or even those going after
him. Besides, since he’s shown up before Jay already, unmasked, why all the
sudden hide his face?

And before you go saying “He’s a proxy!” stop and think a
second, what part of MarbleHornets makes you think that Slender Man isn’t out
for anything other than to harm, if not kill Alex for whatever reason. I mean, he already did so once. Again I say; kill
ALEX not JAY. Jay isn’t the one Slender Man is after, it’s Alex. I think if anything, Jay is being used to find and get close to Alex. Why would he
end up turning Alex into a proxy?

I’m fond of the idea of Alex using Jay as bait to lure
everything going after him there. I think Alex has used Jay as a diversion so
he could book it. I'm actually almost certain of this one.

I honestly think it’s Brian, who I guess would also double
as being TTA. I’m VERY fond if the idea of this being TTA making his first
appearance in MH. Plus, there’s just too much stuff pointing to it being him.
Probably should have seen a TTA appearance coming from a mile away.

Back to the Brian theory now.

Brian has been a character since the beginning, yet you
don’t see him hardly at all. I think that if the MH guys were going to
introduce a new character, I think that this ‘new’ person wouldn’t be so new.
Kind of like how they showed Tim first before showing Masky.

Also, I’ve taken the time to compare this new guy to those
characters already seen. The only people who seem to share the same body type
are Tim and Brian. Of course, Tim is out of the question as he has a broken
leg. Hell, even in entry 33 it must have not been healed, as he was still
limping after Jay, yet the guy in 41 was walking fine. So that just leaves
Brian.

Of course, it’s difficult to tell, as the jacket could be
adding some bulk, and the angle that he stands at isn’t the best. But this is
all what I think based on my observations, and growing theories.

Mostly, I say let’s sit back and wait a bit longer to see
what else is said about this masked man. Maybe something new will pop up in the
nest entry that will shed some new light on this mysterious person.
Back to top Go down
WarpedWolf
Untainted
WarpedWolf

Current Win Points : 2

PostSubject: Re: Entry #41    Entry #41  - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 4:39 am

Does anyone remember Seth? The guy that disappeared at the end of Entry #22? (I bring it up because I'm rewatching the series for clues) What is this new character is actually Seth. Seth was apperently the last of the original group to go missing so wouldn't it make sense to re-introduce him sometime. Alex said he was just lost, so what if he was converted? This is just wild speculation because there isn't any facts to back it up, but what if you know?

Remember, this new proxy hasn't done anything negative yet, all it did was take the camera back to Jay's car, and it seemed to know its way, because it got there before the booking Jay.

Also, he was filming seemingly random scenery, but if these kinds of stories tell us anything, it's that the b**** is in the details. What if everything Hoody showed us was actually clues to figuring out the big pictures? That would mean that, while this one may seem on the side of the villain, it's actually trying to help us.

Again, just wild speculation. Tell me what you think.
Back to top Go down
MadameMiz
Watched
MadameMiz

PostSubject: Re: Entry #41    Entry #41  - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 5:05 am

WarpedWolf wrote:
Does anyone remember Seth? The guy that disappeared at the end of Entry #22? What if this new character is actually Seth?

i actually thought of that too, which is why i was adamant about saying we can't be sure yet in my earlier post. honestly, it makes the most sense for sinclair/hoody to be alex, but anything could happen at this point. hell, the only person we can rule out now is tim, and that's just because he had an alibi: a busted leg. i didn't incude jay because i've heard some people think it could be him, just proxied

the scenery... ehh, i think that was just random, but that's just me *shrug*

as for his motivations, i see him as somewhat taunting, especially if he is indeed tta, but not necessarily on the operator's side. i'm just viewing him as a seperate entity with his own agenda until i see a solid reason to think otherwise
Back to top Go down
bilo
Taken
bilo

PostSubject: Re: Entry #41    Entry #41  - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 5:21 am

I immediately thought of Seth when I saw the video too but... The body type of this person is definitely not that of Seth's. hfdkhskj

I'm pretty fond of the idea that it's Brian, actually. It probably isn't... seeing as I'm fairly sure Brian is either dead or... permanently missing, but it'd be a nice twist.
Back to top Go down
MadameMiz
Watched
MadameMiz

PostSubject: Re: Entry #41    Entry #41  - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 5:56 am

bilo wrote:
I immediately thought of Seth when I saw the video too but... The body type of this person is definitely not that of Seth's. hfdkhskj

i wouldn't count on body types for this one, at least not yet. it seems to me like sinclair is supposed to be the same person from 39, but they obviously have different body types. i actually think that's why they had most of his body hidden; not only did it add to the dramatic effect, but it helped hide the fact that (s)he was being played by tim a stockier person

though i have to say, i love the idea of sinclair being a member of the original cast too -w-
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Entry #41    Entry #41  - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 7:30 am

Hafsdpdfa

I dunno if someone pointed this out already but I'd like to say this: TVTropes doesn't lie (most of the time) people! Marble Hornets page reads:

And Now for Someone Completely Different:
Entry #41 isn't filmed by Jay. This isn't made clear until the last few
seconds, when a figure in a hood, wearing a what looks like a black ski
mask or balaclava, walks past Jay's car after dropping the camera off.
Back to top Go down
WarpedWolf
Untainted
WarpedWolf

Current Win Points : 2

PostSubject: Re: Entry #41    Entry #41  - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 1:30 am

man, now you linked to a TVtropes page, and none of us are going to be able to get away from it now.
Back to top Go down
Sachael
Watched
Sachael

Current Win Points : 179

PostSubject: Re: Entry #41    Entry #41  - Page 4 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 2:31 am

WarpedWolf wrote:
man, now you linked to a TVtropes page, and none of us are going to be able to get away from it now.
She does that shit on purpose!
Back to top Go down
Malus
Taken
Malus

Current Win Points : 125

PostSubject: Re: Entry #41    Entry #41  - Page 4 EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 9:49 pm

Perhaps the new masked person (Sinclair, you called them?) is Jessica. The masked person could be wearing the hood to hide the fact that they has long hair. She has to fit into this season somehow, other than just being a victim that disappeared without a trace.

In fact, she may even be related to the others in some way. In Entry #7, when Alex was filming Brian in the car, it is implied (and I think even stated by Jay at the beginning) that there is an unknown female in the back. While this could be Sarah, there's also the possibility that this could be Jessica. She might have been friends with Brian or Alex, or perhaps was a part of the crew (doubtful, though, as she's never mentioned in any of the footage from Season 1).

If Jessica is friends with Brian, though... Hmm. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that maybe Jessica is totheark, and who is also looking for answers regarding the disappearance of Brian (the ark being, as said before on these forums, Alex Kralie). She's looking for Alex because she thinks he has the answers, and using Jay as a means of getting to him.

So, she follows Jay (and by follows, I mean stalks) and 'helps' him out along the way by means of cryptic videos (and bringing back his camera for him). Maybe at some point during the seven month gap she eventually revealed who she was, and they started working together to find Alex - in a sense, getting to the bottom of the mystery. In retrospect, that could explain why they had adjoining rooms at the hotel...

As to why she disappeared... I have no clue. Maybe the Operator got her? If any of you have anything to add to this, that'd be helpful.

This is all speculation, of course. I have absolutely no evidence to go on. Then again, part of the fun of Marble Hornets is theorizing, isn't it?

On a related note (and forgive me if this has been mentioned before), this masked person bears some resemblance to the figure slumped down by a tree in totheark's "Intermission" video. Namely, the big eyes is what I'm referring to. It could be nothing, of course, but I think it's safe to say that this masked person is totheark ("Did you see me? I saw you.").

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Entry #41    Entry #41  - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Entry #41
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next