Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

I'm thinking about making a blog...

Go down 
+5
Blue Eyes
Allan Assiduity
Mr. Jeebles
Alder
Malus
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Allan Assiduity
Observer
Allan Assiduity

Current Win Points : 35

I'm thinking about making a blog... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm thinking about making a blog...   I'm thinking about making a blog... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 5:09 pm

I'll be happy to be a critic for when posts are up, and if you need some last-minute critique before a post goes up, I'd be happy to provide (whether you want to do so through PMs or through my MSN, which you can find on the left of this post).

I like Blank Space. I wish I'd come up with it.
Back to top Go down
Malus
Taken
Malus

Current Win Points : 125

PostSubject: Re: I'm thinking about making a blog...   I'm thinking about making a blog... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 7:12 pm

Alright, thanks Allan!

Hmm... Do you think you all could tell me the things that I SHOULDN'T do? I know some, like being able to harm Slendy, or... superpowers. *shudder*

And you have mentioned the Mary Sue trope (which I'm planning on avoiding).

I was wondering if there was anything else you could tell me?

Also... I know a proxy is some sort of servant of Slender Man, but could you give me the exact definition of what a proxy is? I can't find anything on the wiki...
Back to top Go down
Allan Assiduity
Observer
Allan Assiduity

Current Win Points : 35

PostSubject: Re: I'm thinking about making a blog...   I'm thinking about making a blog... - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 8:22 am

Thank me when I actually do something =P

The term may have become degraded somewhat, but my operating definition is: an antagonistic human being, operating under the influence of the Slender Man, as well as being on 'his side', so to speak. Note that this does not mean "mind-controlled"; under this definition, A (of Defining?) is not a proxy, despite her obvious antagonistic role to The Lexiconical, of A Lack of Lexicon, as she is clearly anti-Slendy... actually, that might be the worst example I've written, since you probably haven't read it. Unfortunately, no other examples of this kind jump to mind, which is a bit stupid of me.

But yes, the definition is there.

Things you shouldn't do... not spell-check/grammar-check, obviously. Don't try to 'spice the plot up' if you don't need to; it disrupts pacing and, if handled poorly, loosens tension.

Sorry, nothing jumps to mind -_-;;

Last edited by Allan Assiduity on Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Omega
Blackout
Omega

Current Win Points : 481

PostSubject: Re: I'm thinking about making a blog...   I'm thinking about making a blog... - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 10:18 am

Did someone ask for the definition of proxy?
Wink

Most of the info in that post is outdated (Curse you Reach, and your massive retconning of stuff!) But what it boils down to is a proxy is a generalized term referring to any human who is "on Slender Man's side". They can be mind controlled, cultists with little direct connection, people willingly serving Slendy, etc.

An important thing to not do is turn your proxies into generic mooks. Proxies are much more effective as characters than as zombies.
Back to top Go down
http://slenderia.blogspot.com/
Alder
Observer
Alder

Current Win Points : 99

PostSubject: Re: I'm thinking about making a blog...   I'm thinking about making a blog... - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 10:49 am

Also:

DON'T MAKE A HIGH-CONCEPT STORY WITH A TWISTY-TURNY PLOT IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHERE YOU'RE GOING WITH IT.

That's not a Slender man thing, that's something I learned from Lost.
Back to top Go down
http://onlysaneman.tumblr.com/
Malus
Taken
Malus

Current Win Points : 125

PostSubject: Re: I'm thinking about making a blog...   I'm thinking about making a blog... - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 5:04 pm

Hmm... Alright. Thanks for your help, everyone.

I'm thinking about starting a blog tonight. I like the Blank Space title, buuuuut... Hmm. Just wondering if I can get more opinions on that?

(Actually, now that I think about it - Blank Space also could reference the blank space on Slender Man's face...)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm thinking about making a blog...   I'm thinking about making a blog... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm thinking about making a blog...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2