Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

I don't know how to start my Slenderblog

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

I don't know how to start my Slenderblog Empty
PostSubject: I don't know how to start my Slenderblog   I don't know how to start my Slenderblog EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 5:52 pm

Hi, It's Stitch. I have this character... And I want to write a Slenderblog.. But I don't know how.
Back to top Go down
Allan Assiduity
Observer
Allan Assiduity

Current Win Points : 35

PostSubject: Re: I don't know how to start my Slenderblog   I don't know how to start my Slenderblog EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 5:56 pm

Begin with words. The rest follows.

What manner of Slenderblog is this? An instant-into-the-action Runner-blog? Or a seductive 'from normality, to nighmare'?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I don't know how to start my Slenderblog   I don't know how to start my Slenderblog EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 5:59 pm

Well, I don't want her to know about Slendy, because I heard the instant ones no one likes.
Back to top Go down
Omega
Blackout
Omega

Current Win Points : 481

PostSubject: Re: I don't know how to start my Slenderblog   I don't know how to start my Slenderblog EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 5:59 pm

There are several other topics which contain good information, I recommend checking them out.

But as Allan said, the first thing is to figure out what type of story you want. Do you want the classic style, slow, creeping horror and paranoia? A genre savvy Runner story? A more action focused fighter story? A deconstruction or subversion of any of the above? Etc.

EDIT: Having a character who already knows about Slendy doesn't in itself make a blog bad; I'm currently writing one where the character knows about him from the start, and it's doing rather well for itself. Plus classics like The Tutorial are all about a character acknowledging Slendy from the start.
Back to top Go down
http://slenderia.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: I don't know how to start my Slenderblog   I don't know how to start my Slenderblog EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 6:03 pm

Kay... But now I need a title and some help devloping my character.
Back to top Go down
Alder
Observer
Alder

Current Win Points : 99

PostSubject: Re: I don't know how to start my Slenderblog   I don't know how to start my Slenderblog EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 6:28 pm

Is this a being-in-the-community blog, or a got-a-story-to-tell blog? Because they're distinct things, and they change how you should go about with starting it.
Back to top Go down
http://onlysaneman.tumblr.com/

PostSubject: Re: I don't know how to start my Slenderblog   I don't know how to start my Slenderblog EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 6:29 pm

I don't know which one is better?
Back to top Go down
Alder
Observer
Alder

Current Win Points : 99

PostSubject: Re: I don't know how to start my Slenderblog   I don't know how to start my Slenderblog EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 6:30 pm

Neither's better, they're distinct objectives. It's a subjective thing; what are you making this blog to do?
Back to top Go down
http://onlysaneman.tumblr.com/
zero
Stalked
zero

Current Win Points : 115

PostSubject: Re: I don't know how to start my Slenderblog   I don't know how to start my Slenderblog EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 6:32 pm

first thing you do is not worry about what people think of generalities.

all that matters, IMO is that you establish a character, with real personality, and issues in hand. The rest will come
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I don't know how to start my Slenderblog   I don't know how to start my Slenderblog EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 6:33 pm

Gah.... So confusing... I think I will just stick to reading them.
Back to top Go down
Allan Assiduity
Observer
Allan Assiduity

PostSubject: Re: I don't know how to start my Slenderblog   I don't know how to start my Slenderblog EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 6:41 pm

Call it "AWESOME DUDE FALCAWN PAWNCHES SLENDER MAN." Everyone will love it.

Kidding. The character is something that is up to you; you must write it. The title can come from the character. What kind of attitude do they have? Why are they making the blog?
Back to top Go down
zero
Stalked
zero

PostSubject: Re: I don't know how to start my Slenderblog   I don't know how to start my Slenderblog EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 6:59 pm

on that same note, call it Overweight Smash Bros

have the URL be falconpaunch.blogspot.com

as I told you a bit ago, don't be so worried! every single person here has had trips and stumbles in their blog, all you can do is learn from your own mistakes.

if you have a story to tell, don't let a negative environment shy you away

I don't even get the whole fear idea myself, I mean, I thought we were pretty accepting!

are we REALLY getting to continuity lockout?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I don't know how to start my Slenderblog   I don't know how to start my Slenderblog EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 7:21 pm

I have decided I'm not writing a Slenderblog.
Back to top Go down
Allan Assiduity
Observer
Allan Assiduity

PostSubject: Re: I don't know how to start my Slenderblog   I don't know how to start my Slenderblog EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 7:23 pm

That's a shame, however...
zero wrote:
on that same note, call it Overweight Smash Bros

have the URL be falconpaunch.blogspot.com
We have stumbled across a great thing here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I don't know how to start my Slenderblog   I don't know how to start my Slenderblog EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 7:23 pm

Lol, I would of but I'm in the middle of a project anyways.
Back to top Go down
zero
Stalked
zero

PostSubject: Re: I don't know how to start my Slenderblog   I don't know how to start my Slenderblog EmptySun Jun 12, 2011 9:31 pm

hey that's my idea dammit, dont' go stealin it

also, sorry to hear you're not up for a blog OP. We're not that mean, really!

you don't have to be a writer to stay at the forum at least
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I don't know how to start my Slenderblog   I don't know how to start my Slenderblog Empty

Back to top Go down

I don't know how to start my Slenderblog
Page 1 of 1