Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

The Device

Go down 
+21
Grifen411
Squidmama
MadameMiz
Malus
Nimbus
Sachael
Mr. Jeebles
ChaosGamma
DeHoed
Ladnek
ExorcistGamer
Empty
Crusergirl
Allan Assiduity
LostSkeleton
BlackWolf
Shayde
Zander
Vivi
niox
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Crusergirl
Stalked

Current Win Points : 74

The Device - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Device   The Device - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 11:36 pm

What the hell guys... seriously. I posted last night thinking I didn't have to explain myself, but since you all have deemed me an idiot then I guess I have no choice.

Avatar, I didn't mean any offense.
I can understand if you think that excessive cursing can lessen the experience. Too much of anything in a story can lessen the effect. But to me, I can see why someone in Noah's situation would be cursing a lot. I think it makes sense to the character so it dosen't bother me. Swearing is usually considered vulgar and denotes a lack of intelligence. But they are just words. Words that if they did not have that particular meaning wouldn't even have become an issue in this thread.
If he had been cursing since the beginning then I would agree with you. Because cursing wouldn't mean anything to someone who does it constantly. But Noah is scared, paranoid, and tired and cant find any relief from the situation. So when things keep happening his form of expression is to curse.
And that little speech I made previously was more for jest than to tell you off.
Again I'm sorry if it upset you.
Back to top Go down
Zander
Survivor
Zander

Current Win Points : 640

PostSubject: Re: The Device   The Device - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2011 9:23 am

Honestly, I don't see the problem with the cursing. As with what's been said already, it's part of his character and he's being stalked by Slender Man. Who WOULDN'T be cursing like a sailor at that point? It's causing stress on him and effecting his daily life, as well as effecting those around him(i.e. Sarah in the Thanksgiving footage). He's got someone listening in on him who had previously hacked all of his stuff on his computer, and isn't even safe in his own home. If you were in that situation, I'm sure even the most curse-free person would start cursing after so long of being tormented in such ways.

And Avatar, no one called you an idiot. Some of us are showing our opinions against what you said. As for the winpoints:

Zander wrote:
The Winpoint system is a way of showing an opinion of someone's post. Winpoints, being that someone likes your post for its content, for it contributing something worthwhile, or for a post being a popular opinion among the Slender Nation users.

Negative Win Points, or Failpoints, are when someone does the opposite. Such as; make a post of no relevance to the forum or specified sub-forum, an in-character post, an unintelligent and/or disrespectful post, or make a post that people consider as something that's not accepted by the general Slender Nation public.

I've told this to another member before. Winpoints don't mean anything. If you get Failpoints, then that shows your post isn't exactly popular and/or good and/or intelligent(I'm not saying that your posts aren't good or intelligent, for the record. In this case it just seems to be an unpopular opinion that people disagree with.). It's just a way of showing peoples' thoughts about a post in a simple "Yay" or "Nay" fashion. They're not a personal attack.
Back to top Go down
Grifen411
Untainted

Current Win Points : 12

PostSubject: Re: The Device   The Device - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 5:17 am

Noah is way too strong for Tall, Pale and Faceless to break so he/it has resorted to basic psychological torture methods employed by his/its minion(s) to try and mindfuck him into submission.
Back to top Go down
CheckersValentine
Stalked
CheckersValentine

Current Win Points : 101

PostSubject: Re: The Device   The Device - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 5:34 pm

My response? Honestly, this was a better episode than he's had for a long time for me. Although I don't think the annoyatron would've broken me down to a loud, angry, screech-fest, but I can understand where that sort of thing gets irritating. Although, I do applaude the acting in this, it's been improving and I'm perfectly happy with that. Also, good points, I loved the pingpongball-o-gram. That was both interesting and witty. Well done.

I've not made it a secret that Tribes isn't high on my list of favorites, but I was pleasantly surprised with this one. However, just to revive the arguing, I still don't totally appreciate the swearing. I don't think you shouldn't swear, fuckshitbitchetc. Lord knows I do. I just think it's more audibly interesting to break it up. For example, if he had held back on the swearing until that outburst when he sees the pingpongball-o-gram, it would've been extremely effective to me. I just think that, that mind-snap moment, were I directing, would've been most highlighted by limited swearing until that point. When you start off with cursing and yelling, there's not much further to go.

As always, my opinion.

Let the Failpoints commence.
Back to top Go down
ShyRonny
Untainted
ShyRonny

Current Win Points : 5

PostSubject: Re: The Device   The Device - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 1:20 am

You know, is he didn't swear, I don't quite think it would be as believable.
Like saying "Fuck" or "shit" can actually add some tension to the situation.
Back to top Go down
CheckersValentine
Stalked
CheckersValentine

Current Win Points : 101

PostSubject: Re: The Device   The Device - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 1:42 am

I agree that it can. When it's well placed. I think where people who dissapprove, find issue with it, is that the swearing is more or less constant whenever anything is happening. It eliminates the rising tension to some degree.

Also, that argument is somewhat flawed by the immense number of vlogs out there that achieve very tense situations with very limited amounts of cursing if any at all.

Again, it's really a matter of perspective and the type of horror that most engages you individually.
Back to top Go down
The Slender Man
Anxious
The Slender Man

Current Win Points : 21

PostSubject: Re: The Device   The Device - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 2:58 am

Nightmares for me tonight.
:-D
That was rather scary.
Back to top Go down
runjump360
Anxious
runjump360

Current Win Points : 13

PostSubject: Re: The Device   The Device - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 10:29 pm

Say what I will about the series, the man makes nifty devices ^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Device   The Device - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Device
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2