Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

The Rake's existence in the Mythos?

Go down 
+9
alliterator
TripleDPie
PostIt
CuteWithoutThe
Mr. Jeebles
Wintermarch
Somebody
Ladnek
Malus
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Malus
Taken
Malus

Current Win Points : 125

The Rake's existence in the Mythos? Empty
PostSubject: The Rake's existence in the Mythos?   The Rake's existence in the Mythos? EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 10:17 pm

Just wondering, but does the Rake exist in the Slender Man Mythos, or would a blog that has the Rake in it be considered part of the Fear Mythos? And if the Rake does exist, what has been established about him so far in the Slender Man Mythos universe?
Back to top Go down
Ladnek
Watched
Ladnek

Current Win Points : 72

PostSubject: Re: The Rake's existence in the Mythos?   The Rake's existence in the Mythos? EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 11:11 pm

Sorry bro, but this should probably be in Slender Mythos. Yeah, I'm terrible about mini-modding. >.<;

Anyways, I would probably consider both Slenderman and the Rake in the same thing to be a part of the Fear Mythos, even if it does focus on one more than the other.
Back to top Go down
Malus
Taken
Malus

PostSubject: Re: The Rake's existence in the Mythos?   The Rake's existence in the Mythos? EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 11:23 pm

Oh... Damn, you're right. Mad

My bad.

So, if the Rake were to show up in a Slender Blog, would it still be a Slender Blog and be part of the Slender Man Mythos universe, along with the same community, or would it be considered part of the Fear Mythos instead?
Back to top Go down
Ladnek
Watched
Ladnek

PostSubject: Re: The Rake's existence in the Mythos?   The Rake's existence in the Mythos? EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 11:28 pm

Malus wrote:
Oh... Damn, you're right. Mad

My bad.

So, if the Rake were to show up in a Slender Blog, would it still be a Slender Blog and be part of the Slender Man Mythos universe, along with the same community, or would it be considered part of the Fear Mythos instead?
The Slenderman Mythos is a part of the Fear Mythos, so it would be both. To me, at least
Back to top Go down
Somebody
Untainted
Somebody

Current Win Points : 44

PostSubject: Re: The Rake's existence in the Mythos?   The Rake's existence in the Mythos? EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 1:14 am

If a blog were to use the Rake, I think that classifying it as either Fear Mythos or Slender Mythos would depend on what role he plays in comparison to Slenders.

A blog that introduced the Rake first would probably considered in the Fear Mythos. As would one that portrays the Rake and Slendy as equals.
Back to top Go down
http://somebodysleepy.deviantart.com/
Wintermarch
Observer
Wintermarch

Current Win Points : 64

PostSubject: Re: The Rake's existence in the Mythos?   The Rake's existence in the Mythos? EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 1:19 am

I feel I may be revisiting this thread once my blog's over.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Jeebles
Slendervet
Mr. Jeebles

Current Win Points : 750

PostSubject: Re: The Rake's existence in the Mythos?   The Rake's existence in the Mythos? EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 12:37 pm

No this placement is fine, there are a couple blogs that include or feature the Rake as the main antagonist, ever since EMH the Rake has gone somewhat hand in hand with the Slender Man Mythos.
Back to top Go down
http://mrshittymarimo.tumblr.com/
CuteWithoutThe
Watched
CuteWithoutThe

Current Win Points : 77

PostSubject: Re: The Rake's existence in the Mythos?   The Rake's existence in the Mythos? EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 12:40 pm

So does this mean there will never be a Rake Mythos? Razz

Rakecountry (forum). I like the sound of that.
Back to top Go down
PostIt
Anxious
PostIt

Current Win Points : 17

PostSubject: Re: The Rake's existence in the Mythos?   The Rake's existence in the Mythos? EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 1:16 pm

Well, like, there are the theories that the Rake was the origin of Slendy, or something like that. That they are related somehow. I think EMH uses him to spice up the physical danger of the series, and as one of many many shoutouts to other creepypastas.

I would love to see a video series that focuses solely on the Rake. That has potential to be extremely cool, and less muddled than trying to include everything, although EMH has handled it pretty well, though the series is slightly complex.

Point is, yes, someone should make Rakevlogs, to pair with the Rakeblogs that are popping up and we should make a sister site. I like the sound of Rakecountry.
Back to top Go down
Malus
Taken
Malus

PostSubject: Re: The Rake's existence in the Mythos?   The Rake's existence in the Mythos? EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 1:21 pm

Thank you all, it's very helpful. Smile

Also, does anyone have the link to the original creepypasta? Whenever I look up The Rake on Google, it pops up with something that doesn't look like it's the full version at all.
Back to top Go down
Ladnek
Watched
Ladnek

PostSubject: Re: The Rake's existence in the Mythos?   The Rake's existence in the Mythos? EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 5:13 pm

PostIt wrote:
Well, like, there are the theories that the Rake was the origin of Slendy, or something like that. That they are related somehow. I think EMH uses him to spice up the physical danger of the series, and as one of many many shoutouts to other creepypastas.

I would love to see a video series that focuses solely on the Rake. That has potential to be extremely cool, and less muddled than trying to include everything, although EMH has handled it pretty well, though the series is slightly complex.

Point is, yes, someone should make Rakevlogs, to pair with the Rakeblogs that are popping up and we should make a sister site. I like the sound of Rakecountry.
I've actually been writing one and have a bunch of ideas for it, but I need a convincing Rake costume and a few people to help me out with it.
Back to top Go down
TripleDPie
Observer
TripleDPie

Current Win Points : 49

PostSubject: Re: The Rake's existence in the Mythos?   The Rake's existence in the Mythos? EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 5:26 pm

Malus wrote:
Thank you all, it's very helpful. Smile

Also, does anyone have the link to the original creepypasta? Whenever I look up The Rake on Google, it pops up with something that doesn't look like it's the full version at all.

http://www.creepypasta.com/the-rake/

I always kinda considered the rake to be its own thing, and was never sure why it had been paired so hand in hand with slenderman outside of EMH, which i consider more a tribute to creepypasta/slenderman then just a slenderman series
Back to top Go down
CuteWithoutThe
Watched
CuteWithoutThe

PostSubject: Re: The Rake's existence in the Mythos?   The Rake's existence in the Mythos? EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 5:35 pm

Are there any blogs other than mine concerning The Rake?
Back to top Go down
Wintermarch
Observer
Wintermarch

PostSubject: Re: The Rake's existence in the Mythos?   The Rake's existence in the Mythos? EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 5:37 pm

Mine. In the sig.

It's just starting, tho.
Back to top Go down
Ladnek
Watched
Ladnek

PostSubject: Re: The Rake's existence in the Mythos?   The Rake's existence in the Mythos? EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 5:38 pm

Perchance to Dream was a great Rake centered blog. I don't have to link, but it shouldn't be that hard to find.

Anyways, anybody have any idea how I could make a convincing Rake costume? I want it to look good if I'm going to be doing my RakeVlog.
Back to top Go down
CuteWithoutThe
Watched
CuteWithoutThe

PostSubject: Re: The Rake's existence in the Mythos?   The Rake's existence in the Mythos? EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 5:43 pm

@winter: Hunter will binge that NOW!

oh wait you only have two entries in the blog? :/

@ladnek:Oh, yeah, I know about THAT one. Razz

/fearblogger
Back to top Go down
Wintermarch
Observer
Wintermarch

PostSubject: Re: The Rake's existence in the Mythos?   The Rake's existence in the Mythos? EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 5:51 pm

I said it just started, yeah. And as good as the Hunter blog is, I kinda don't like that he makes Slendy talk.
Back to top Go down
CuteWithoutThe
Watched
CuteWithoutThe

PostSubject: Re: The Rake's existence in the Mythos?   The Rake's existence in the Mythos? EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 6:00 pm

Truth be told, I didn't like that scene much either. It wrote itself, really. :/ Technically, the Tall One wasn't -physically- talking, but same difference or whatever I guess.

And at least it's considered good!
Back to top Go down
Wintermarch
Observer
Wintermarch

PostSubject: Re: The Rake's existence in the Mythos?   The Rake's existence in the Mythos? EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 6:04 pm

Yeah, it's very well done and I love how crazy it all is. That's just not the flavor I'm going for.
Back to top Go down
alliterator
Observer
alliterator

Current Win Points : 39

PostSubject: Re: The Rake's existence in the Mythos?   The Rake's existence in the Mythos? EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 8:40 pm

Back to top Go down
CuteWithoutThe
Watched
CuteWithoutThe

PostSubject: Re: The Rake's existence in the Mythos?   The Rake's existence in the Mythos? EmptyFri Aug 12, 2011 8:51 pm

I don't know where else to really post this, but this blog puts a new spin on how The Rake works in this post.

Also, my (now finished) Rake/Fearblog contemplated that The Rake likes to target those who either;

a) Maliciously follow their baser animal instincts.

b) Or neglect their instincts.

I was trying to put a new spin on it like the slenderblogs of old did for Slendy.
Back to top Go down
Skalleg
Untainted
Skalleg

Current Win Points : -23

PostSubject: Re: The Rake's existence in the Mythos?   The Rake's existence in the Mythos? EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 2:48 am

CuteWithoutThe wrote:
I don't know where else to really post this, but this blog puts a new spin on how The Rake works in this post.

Also, my (now finished) Rake/Fearblog contemplated that The Rake likes to target those who either;

a) Maliciously follow their baser animal instincts.

b) Or neglect their instincts.

I was trying to put a new spin on it like the slenderblogs of old did for Slendy.

This is pretty cool. I like how Slenderman adopts the hero role as the Rake and the masked girl take on an even more sadistic role. Is this fiction or non-fiction? sorry, gotta ask.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/SlenderVerse
CuteWithoutThe
Watched
CuteWithoutThe

PostSubject: Re: The Rake's existence in the Mythos?   The Rake's existence in the Mythos? EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 3:30 am

0__0

fic....fictitious, good sir.
Back to top Go down
Pryex
Observer
Pryex

Current Win Points : 25

PostSubject: Re: The Rake's existence in the Mythos?   The Rake's existence in the Mythos? EmptySat Aug 13, 2011 5:33 pm

Skalleg wrote:
Is this fiction or non-fiction? sorry, gotta ask.

The Rake's existence in the Mythos? Atheist_rage_face

How... how are you even asking this?
Back to top Go down
LoveHopeRainbows
Anxious
LoveHopeRainbows

Current Win Points : 10

PostSubject: Re: The Rake's existence in the Mythos?   The Rake's existence in the Mythos? EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 5:55 am

I'm looking forward to seeing how the Steward puts the Rake back into a role of significance. The whole forgetting about his voice, and his other abilities, is a point that should probably be applied to any other blog concerning him. In the original creepypasta, the Rake was very clearly depicted as using its voice to affect its victims at least twice.
Back to top Go down
http://fearmythos.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Rake's existence in the Mythos?   The Rake's existence in the Mythos? Empty

Back to top Go down

The Rake's existence in the Mythos?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next