Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

The Dog (New Video)

Go down 
+4
Vivi
Cougar Draven
Crusergirl
Phenom
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Phenom
Untainted

Current Win Points : -3

The Dog (New Video) Empty
PostSubject: The Dog (New Video)   The Dog (New Video) EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 10:42 pm

Back to top Go down
Crusergirl
Stalked

Current Win Points : 74

PostSubject: Re: The Dog (New Video)   The Dog (New Video) EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 12:45 am

Well that.....
seemed pointless....

Spoiler:

Am I alone on this?
Back to top Go down
Cougar Draven
Stalked
Cougar Draven

Current Win Points : 87

PostSubject: Re: The Dog (New Video)   The Dog (New Video) EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 1:20 am

I don't see what's wrong with taking something that actually happened to you and at least turning it into something you can look back on and say "hey, at least I'm not crying when I think of that anymore".
Back to top Go down
http://cougardraven.tumblr.com/
Vivi
Blackout
Vivi

Current Win Points : 488

PostSubject: Re: The Dog (New Video)   The Dog (New Video) EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 1:26 am

Spoiler:
This is goddamn retarded. For fuck's sake. Really.
Back to top Go down
http://masquevivi.deviantart.com/
Cougar Draven
Stalked
Cougar Draven

PostSubject: Re: The Dog (New Video)   The Dog (New Video) EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 1:34 am

Vivi wrote:
Spoiler:
This is goddamn retarded. For fuck's sake. Really.

Spoiler:

But you are correct. This shit is fucked up.
Back to top Go down
Crusergirl
Stalked

PostSubject: Re: The Dog (New Video)   The Dog (New Video) EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 1:39 am

Okay there is no sense in spoilering this anymore.

What gets me is that, not only was that a pointless, plotless, episode....
But it was a real event that they decided to put as part of the slender series.
If it was absolutely necessary to show this footage, then post it on an alternate account.
That really is not right. God help that dog.

I hate to say it but this series has really hit the bottom. Even without the bastard euthanasia via pistol, nothing is gained or lost from this. It wasn't even creepy just sad.
The only good thing I can say about this is that at least they had the common sense to add a warning to the beginning of the episode.

@ Cougar--They may not have had a choice in what happened, but they did have a choice in uploading it. It was a stupid mistake, that didn't do anything for the series.
Back to top Go down
Cougar Draven
Stalked
Cougar Draven

PostSubject: Re: The Dog (New Video)   The Dog (New Video) EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 1:44 am

1. It wasn't a mistake.
2. I am sick and fucking tired of people apologizing for a dog that attacked at least two people, and was only in that situation because it was aggressive to other people, notably children. The dog needed to die, and if it had not been put down when it was, someone could have been seriously hurt. And I cannot accept that anyone here would rather a human get hurt than a vicious animal.
3. I'm also sick and tired of people saying that it's not "necessary". What a bullshit thought. Nothing is necessary. Nothing at all.
4. The giggling, and reaction. Some people react to panic with laughter. I do.
Back to top Go down
Crusergirl
Stalked

PostSubject: Re: The Dog (New Video)   The Dog (New Video) EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 1:58 am

The last thing I'm going to say before this thread gets thrown into a flamewar.

It's a mistake for the story.
There is nothing to be gained here by posting this other than to get negative attention.

If a dangerous animal, (regardless of dog, wildcat, bear, fluffy bunny, whatever) is attacking me or my family, and I have a gun. Guess what I'm going to do? Shoot it. But I'm not going to take the video I did of it and post it online. Unless I want that kind of attention.
And I wouldn't try to utilize it for my creepy video series I'm doing.
That's just asking for trouble and borderlines on trolling.
They knew they we're going to get a slew of crazy views and comments once this was posted.
To not know that is to be more niave than should be acceptable at their age.
Back to top Go down
Cougar Draven
Stalked
Cougar Draven

PostSubject: Re: The Dog (New Video)   The Dog (New Video) EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 2:06 am

First of all, you're right. The whole censorship thing really pissed me off, and I've probably been out of line. Back to my quasi-amused angle.

Who's saying they didn't know? Speaking frankly, any press is good press.
Back to top Go down
Phenom
Untainted

PostSubject: Re: The Dog (New Video)   The Dog (New Video) EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 2:13 am

Back to top Go down
CheckersValentine
Stalked
CheckersValentine

Current Win Points : 101

PostSubject: Re: The Dog (New Video)   The Dog (New Video) EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 2:18 am

I object to any video that doesn't advance the plot. Any. Video. I'm still irritated by the pointless Evan Cameo in a ten minute long video where all that happened was a greasy Evan popped up and pointed them in the direction of the main road.

This was sensationalistic, horrible, unethical and totally, utterly pointless.

Sure, if the dog is violent, by all means get it put down, but put it down in an ethical, human manner. I promote using real occurances as story fodder, if you can, but there is a point where things become needlessly graphic. How did this advance the story? How did this benefit the viewers?

I've been bored with this series for a while. Now I'm irritated with it as well.
Back to top Go down
Crusergirl
Stalked

PostSubject: Re: The Dog (New Video)   The Dog (New Video) EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 2:22 am

@ Cougar--No problem, we all have a right to our opinions. Smile

Cougar Draven wrote:
Who's saying they didn't know? Speaking frankly, any press is good press.

And while that is true to some degree, its the kind of press that your gathering that makes it not worthwhile.
I might be putting these ladies on a pedestal here. But I assumed they we're in a higher category than, 'Lets post this crazy footage we got of a real dog getting shot and make it part of the series. That will be really scary right?'
....not really.

@ Checkers--Once again you have put a finer touch on what I wanted to say. Smile I agree whole heartily.

Phenom wrote:
Here's a explanation form the girl who plays Amy OOG blog:

http://opheliasittingonherbranch.tumblr.com/post/9618384719/dont-know-if-anyone-from-unfiction-reads-my-blog-but

And understandable explanation from her. I would continue more on this but it would just be redundant to what I have been saying.
And with that I bow, and graciously depart the thread.
Back to top Go down
Cougar Draven
Stalked
Cougar Draven

PostSubject: Re: The Dog (New Video)   The Dog (New Video) EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 2:24 am

CheckersValentine wrote:
Sure, if the dog is violent, by all means get it put down, but put it down in an ethical, human manner.

I believe if you actually read the post, you'll note that the dog was actively violent towards people, and there was a real possibility that if they hadn't put it down right then and there someone would have gotten hurt severely.
Back to top Go down
Phenom
Untainted

PostSubject: Re: The Dog (New Video)   The Dog (New Video) EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 9:32 am

Well it got taken down.

There's a guy at UF who claims to have downloaded it.
Back to top Go down
Vivi
Blackout
Vivi

Current Win Points : 488

PostSubject: Re: The Dog (New Video)   The Dog (New Video) EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 11:56 am

It's been set to private, not taken down entirely. Which is somewhat better, if it had to be done at all. I found it in poor taste, but I fully expected to wake up today and see it was taken down by youtube's flagging system. Which sucks. I hate censorship.
Back to top Go down
http://masquevivi.deviantart.com/
XuchilVith
Stalked
XuchilVith

Current Win Points : 92

PostSubject: Re: The Dog (New Video)   The Dog (New Video) EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 1:39 pm

I'm glad I missed this. I don't have a problem with putting down a violent and dangerous animal, but I find it a little disgusting that they decided to film it and put it in the series. It's... Disrespectful to the situation, shall we say. I watch these series for fun and entertainment, and I don't approve of the death of an animal being used for entertainment.

My totally unsolicited two cents.

Anyway, they've probably lost me as a viewer over this. It was a shitty move.
Back to top Go down
re
Anxious

Current Win Points : 17

PostSubject: Re: The Dog (New Video)   The Dog (New Video) EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 5:58 pm

The dog was not injured in the video, just freaked out by the gunshots.

Seriously, read Aimee's post. It explains everything very well and very eloquently.
Back to top Go down
http://rerahrich.com
XuchilVith
Stalked
XuchilVith

Current Win Points : 92

PostSubject: Re: The Dog (New Video)   The Dog (New Video) EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 6:34 pm

re wrote:
The dog was not injured in the video, just freaked out by the gunshots.

Seriously, read Aimee's post. It explains everything very well and very eloquently.

I did read it. It doesn't matter if it was just scared, his intention was to kill it, and their intention was to film it and put it on YouTube. The fact that he missed has no bearing on how I feel about it. The dog living was a mistake. And honestly the fact that he missed and terrorized it just makes it worse, but that's not the point. Intention is the point.
Back to top Go down
Mennos
Observer
Mennos

Current Win Points : 19

PostSubject: Re: The Dog (New Video)   The Dog (New Video) EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 8:31 pm

It's okay that the dog wasn't hurt in the video, that's cool and all. But the fact that it was recorded and whatnot is a little odd, maybe even disturbing. But the dog didn't die in the video, it wasn't hurt, so no harm done is really done.

Last edited by Mennos on Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Phenom
Untainted

PostSubject: Re: The Dog (New Video)   The Dog (New Video) EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 8:54 pm

A user at UF downloaded before it was taken down and later uploaded it to Megavideo:

http://www.megavideo.com/?v=QJYSUFP7
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Dog (New Video)   The Dog (New Video) Empty

Back to top Go down

The Dog (New Video)
Page 1 of 1