Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Some tips for me, guys?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Grathius22
Untainted
Grathius22

Current Win Points : 8

Some tips for me, guys? Empty
PostSubject: Some tips for me, guys?   Some tips for me, guys? EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 8:44 pm

Last week, a friend and I were hiking in the woods when we decided to start a Vlog. Not a Slenderman Vlog, but a Vlog based on a creature either similar to The Rake or The Rake himself (We're not sure yet). I have little to no video editing experience or skill, have a cheap camera, and have yet to get a morph suit but it's okay because we're still in the planning stages for the next few months.

It would be a lot easier to do a normal Vlog, but there is a catch. My friend and I want to keep it realistic enough so that it's subtle and there is still a chance our friends will believe it (This is part of prank as well as a Vlog).

So. Before I get started, are there any tips or suggestions for...

-Photo Manipulation?
-Video/Audio Distortion?
-Filming Techniques?
-Costume Add Ons?
-Acting?
-Budget?

I'll appreciate any help. Thanks.

EDIT: Not sure where this belongs. Feel free to move it, mods.
Back to top Go down
Ladnek
Watched
Ladnek

Current Win Points : 72

PostSubject: Re: Some tips for me, guys?   Some tips for me, guys? EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 11:36 am

I was planning on making a Rake vlog, too. I just have yet to get the friend that I want to be the Rake to agree to it.

I would actually recommend not using distortion, since it's Slendy's thing. Also, what I was planning on doing was getting a morph suit, attaching some fake claws to the fingers (probably black), cutting holes for the eyes then putting some sort of dark plastic orb around them, then cutting a hole for the mouth and using some sort of sticky substance to make the mouth part stick to his mouth. With this set up, however, I would recommend keeping ol' Rake at a distance, and when he is close up, have it be very dark to hide the problems with the suit.

I wish you luck in your endeavors, and I hope I helped.
Back to top Go down
MarbleBumblebee
Anxious
MarbleBumblebee

Current Win Points : 30

PostSubject: Re: Some tips for me, guys?   Some tips for me, guys? EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 12:54 pm

I agree with Ladnek. No distortion, but you could use subtle changes with the video and audio, because, lets face it, raw footage sucks.

Either way you will need a good editor. If you are a mac user, iMovie will do. If you are a PC, you need something better. Unless you are wealthy (im assuming you aren't) then torrent a copy of sony vegas, in my opinion the pest PC editor there is.

As far as actors go, you need your friends only. Trying to get people you barely know to help you wont work. And they sort of have to know where you are coming from. If they haven't already, make them watch TT.

Filming techniques: DONT FILM A LOT OF GROUND!!!!! people are sick of it, and you arent doing a slender series. Try to look like you are trying to do a good job filming until the scary parts happen. If you must do shots where you drop the camera and it sees what is happening, only show a little bit of the scene. It preserves the immersion and doesn't make people go: WOW, that was convenient.

The best of luck to you sir, And when it begins, please put a thread for it. Look forward to seeing what you do.
Back to top Go down
http://Slenderparody.wikispaces.com
CheckersValentine
Stalked
CheckersValentine

Current Win Points : 101

PostSubject: Re: Some tips for me, guys?   Some tips for me, guys? EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 1:15 pm

I totally agree with MB above me. DON'T SPEND WHOLE EPISODES FILMING YOUR SHOES. People do this a lot in horror series and it's both annoying to look at, and not really a natural way to hold the camera. Don't let that be you're go-to "I'm running! I'm scared!" angle. Try dropping the camera in such a way that it looks natural, but your still seeing what's going on. (The Slenderseries Caughtnotsleeping is really good at this, as is Marble Hornets in certain episodes).

No distortion, but I know the rake is supposed to whisper? so maybe when he's close by you could do a similar effect where you have a low, quiet, almost indecipherable whispher that plays below the audio.

Also, really study costuming techniques. Look at people who make similar kinds of things and ask how they did it and how you can emulate it. Having a costume that looks good on screen is key.

And link it to us! Intrigued to see it.
Back to top Go down
Grathius22
Untainted
Grathius22

Current Win Points : 8

PostSubject: Re: Some tips for me, guys?   Some tips for me, guys? EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 8:58 pm

EDIT: Since I didn't feel like double posting I decided to add this little tid - bit on here and erase the original message. After coming to a dry spell with ideas during scriptwriting, arguments broke out and we (Crew members) soon decided that we wouldn't be able to pull this off without it being dreadfully horrible to begin with. Figured we'd save everyone a dreadful series, and just call it quits. Thought I'd let ya'll know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some tips for me, guys?   Some tips for me, guys? Empty

Back to top Go down

Some tips for me, guys?
Page 1 of 1