Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

The Tulpa Effect

Go down 
+18
andywarski
xyzombie
Zander
Neomenia
BananaBrains
Wulfric5554
TailsFoxy
Tiro1000
Vohn_exel
whoiscraig
punxtr
MediaGARBAGE
Tahrgat
MarbleBumblebee
Crusergirl
Ladnek
Malus
DaLadybugMan
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
DaLadybugMan
Blackout
DaLadybugMan

Current Win Points : 488

The Tulpa Effect Empty
PostSubject: The Tulpa Effect   The Tulpa Effect EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 10:05 pm

I know that the trailhead tag is an Unfiction thing, but that's to show that this is a trailhead and not just a topic about the idea of the tulpa effect.

Anyway, stumbled across this vlog with a total of one subscriber. I'm really kinda surprised that no one's stumbled across this before. I can't really vouch for its quality either way, and it still seems to be fairly early into things, but it seems like it's at least decent so far.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://slenderbloggins.net
Malus
Taken
Malus

Current Win Points : 125

The Tulpa Effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tulpa Effect   The Tulpa Effect EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 6:45 am

I've only watched the first two videos (I won't be able to watch the rest until after school), but it seems pretty decent so far. I'll be watching it.

Thanks, BugMan. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ladnek
Watched
Ladnek

Current Win Points : 72

The Tulpa Effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tulpa Effect   The Tulpa Effect EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 7:03 am

Looks interesting. I'll look at it after school.
Back to top Go down
Crusergirl
Stalked

Current Win Points : 74

The Tulpa Effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tulpa Effect   The Tulpa Effect EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 9:50 am

Ooooooo.....
I like it so far. I'm subscribing and awaiting further slender nonsense. I wonder what city they are in?
Back to top Go down
MarbleBumblebee
Anxious
MarbleBumblebee

Current Win Points : 30

The Tulpa Effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tulpa Effect   The Tulpa Effect EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 10:45 am

Youtube is blocked at the moment. Im sitting here at school with nothing better to do than browse the forums.

Will definitely watch when I get home.
Back to top Go down
http://Slenderparody.wikispaces.com
Tahrgat
Observer
Tahrgat

Current Win Points : 4

The Tulpa Effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tulpa Effect   The Tulpa Effect EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 2:16 pm

I like this series. It seems very casual and natural. We are still early in, but I expect good things will come from this.
Back to top Go down
Malus
Taken
Malus

The Tulpa Effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tulpa Effect   The Tulpa Effect EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 3:35 pm

I didn't expect them to make a full-blown video reply to my question I asked them.

Interesting!

Oh, looks like they put it as unlisted... Hmm. I'm wondering if I should post the link here, or if they made it private for a reason? O_o
Back to top Go down
Malus
Taken
Malus

The Tulpa Effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tulpa Effect   The Tulpa Effect EmptySat Sep 24, 2011 8:58 pm

Sorry for the double post, but they just put up a new video.

Spoiler:

And another:

Back to top Go down
MediaGARBAGE
Anxious
MediaGARBAGE

The Tulpa Effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tulpa Effect   The Tulpa Effect EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 12:18 am

I love where this series is going. I just wish there was a transcript for Update 4, it's hard to hear what the person on the other end is saying
Back to top Go down
Malus
Taken
Malus

The Tulpa Effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tulpa Effect   The Tulpa Effect EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 2:04 am

MediaGARBAGE wrote:
I love where this series is going. I just wish there was a transcript for Update 4, it's hard to hear what the person on the other end is saying

I can make one tomorrow. I'd do it now, but I'm going to bed, so... Yeah. Sorry!

What it basically boils down to, though, is that Adair is fine and going to stay in a hotel, Roger only destroyed the laptop and disappeared to somewhere, and people are looking for Roger and trying to find out where he is.
Back to top Go down
DaLadybugMan
Blackout
DaLadybugMan

The Tulpa Effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tulpa Effect   The Tulpa Effect EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 3:09 pm

I'm wondering where they're going to go with the whole "character not actually being around what's going on" angle. There's a lot of potential for it. Then again, it could just be a short thing and they could be doing something else entirely with the rest of the series.
Back to top Go down
MediaGARBAGE
Anxious
MediaGARBAGE

The Tulpa Effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tulpa Effect   The Tulpa Effect EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 3:57 pm

Malus wrote:
MediaGARBAGE wrote:

I can make one tomorrow. I'd do it now, but I'm going to bed, so... Yeah. Sorry!

What it basically boils down to, though, is that Adair is fine and going to stay in a hotel, Roger only destroyed the laptop and disappeared to somewhere, and people are looking for Roger and trying to find out where he is.
Ahh, thank you!
Back to top Go down
Malus
Taken
Malus

The Tulpa Effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tulpa Effect   The Tulpa Effect EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 4:35 pm

Adair: "Hello?"

(I forget her name ._. Let's call her MC, for Main Character!): "Ohmygod, Adair? Are you okay?"

A: "I am, like, super freaked out right now! I don't even.."

MC: "What just happened?"

A: "Roger was in my apartment!"

MC: "Yeah! What the fuck!"

A: "[Long sigh] Sorry, I'm like... driving right now-"

MC: "Are you okay? What happened?"

A: "He - he was in my apartment, I don't know how get got into my apartment! And he shoves me out of the way and smashes my computer!"

MC: "Oh my god..."

A: "I'm sorry, I'm like, so freaked out right now. I'm like, shaking..."

MC: "Are you hurt?"

A: "I'm fine! [Can't understand it] right now."

MC: "Where is he?"

A: "I don't know! He took off! He like, totally freaked out and like... yelling, screaming... I... I couldn't even understand what he was saying! He shoved me! And then he took my computer and threw it on the ground and then I was like, 'What the fuck?!'"

MC: "Oh my god... Adair-"

A: "And then he took off! And... I tried to follow him... but... I don't know, I.... He ran out in the street and I, I don't know, I went in my car and went 'I have to get out of here' and take a drive and chill out. A little too much...

MC: "Oh my god... I'm so fucking sorry, I don't - I don't even..."

A: "Something is seriously wrong with him!"

MC: "I know... [Long pause.] Um, why don't you-"

A: "Like- I don't know."

MC: "Look, if you need to call the cops or anything, I totally understand."

A: "Well, it's like with no explanation, you're just like 'Roger was in my apartment and destroyed my computer,' that has everything on it! Like... I don't know. You have to call him and figure out what's going on with him, because he's seriously insane."

MC: "... I know. [Another long pause] Jesus Christ, I don't even know what to fucking say... Can you call Rachel and can you stay with her for the night or something? I don't think you should- I just- I just-... I've never seen him get violent like that..."

A: "What?"

MC: "I said I'd never seen him get violent like that. I think that you should probably not stay in your apartment tonight."

A: "No, no, I don't even want to go back there. I'm just driving around aimlessly... I probably shouldn't be talking on the phone. But you're calling and I know that you saw what happened - you saw what happened, right?!"

MC: "Yeah, I saw everything."

A: "Okay, so I'm not going crazy..."

MC: "Hey, I'm going to call Breeanne and see if we can track down Roger, okay?"

A: "Yeah, you guys need to find him, because... Who knows where he could be? I don't - I have no idea. I'm - I don't know, but I need to get off the phone."

MC: "I'll talk to you later tonight, okay?"

A: "Okay, fine."

MC: "[After hanging up] Fuck..."

(I think her name might be Emily?)

Also, she put up a bulletin. They got Roger.

Edit: Her name is Marissa, not Emily. Not sure how I got those two mixed up. XD

Last edited by Malus on Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
punxtr
Untainted

Current Win Points : 5

The Tulpa Effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tulpa Effect   The Tulpa Effect EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 11:14 pm

Yeah, but he's released already.
Back to top Go down
Malus
Taken
Malus

The Tulpa Effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tulpa Effect   The Tulpa Effect EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 6:30 am

Is he? Well, damn... That was quick.
Back to top Go down
Malus
Taken
Malus

The Tulpa Effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tulpa Effect   The Tulpa Effect EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 8:18 pm

New update:

I have to say, I'm impressed with this series. The acting is pretty good (especially in this video), and I'm already starting to feel for the characters. One thing I like is this slow build-up, letting us get a feel of the characters.

I wonder when Marissa is going to encounter our Tall Friend? Hmm...
Back to top Go down
DaLadybugMan
Blackout
DaLadybugMan

The Tulpa Effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tulpa Effect   The Tulpa Effect EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 11:28 pm

I agree: the characterization is really good. The whole thing with Rodger is done pretty well--she says that we're only getting negative glimpses of him, but even without the letter, I think I've caught a few positive glimpses. I'm also really feeling the relationship. Haven't seen many vlogs that have couples, and the few I have don't give me nearly as much of a sense of chemistry as Rodger and Marissa do.
Back to top Go down
Malus
Taken
Malus

The Tulpa Effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tulpa Effect   The Tulpa Effect EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 1:37 am

So, just found out there's a message in my Youtube inbox from some person called 'arkhamsdoorstep'. Turns out, it's from a character in this series!

Apparently, Marissa has been lying to us -- well, not necessarily lying. She hasn't been giving us the whole truth. And Roger posted these videos so that she wouldn't delete them... I think it's Roger, at least.

They're unlisted, so you'll have to have the link in order for it to work.

Here's the message:

Quote :
Please watch
I posted these to keep her from deleting them.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The videos consist of around a minute or so clips of random footage, though Marissa starts acting strangely...

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
punxtr
Untainted

The Tulpa Effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tulpa Effect   The Tulpa Effect EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 1:43 am

Wow. Only you got them? I chat up the twitter here and there...
Back to top Go down
Malus
Taken
Malus

The Tulpa Effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tulpa Effect   The Tulpa Effect EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 2:15 am

Nah, it's not just me that got them. I think a few other people - probably the subscribers - got them, as well, judging by the number of views some of them have gotten.
Back to top Go down
whoiscraig
Untainted

Current Win Points : 0

The Tulpa Effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tulpa Effect   The Tulpa Effect EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 2:42 am

Wow, that really turns things around.

Spoiler:

I'm subscribed but didn't get any message, so I guess just a random selection of subscribers?
Back to top Go down
Malus
Taken
Malus

The Tulpa Effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tulpa Effect   The Tulpa Effect EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 12:30 pm

Spoiler:

Huh, that's weird. Then again, maybe they're expecting the people that get it to let other people know.
Back to top Go down
punxtr
Untainted

The Tulpa Effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tulpa Effect   The Tulpa Effect EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 12:00 am

Well, Marissa didn't respond back with anything special on Twitter. Should I be a little more aggressive?
Back to top Go down
Crusergirl
Stalked

Current Win Points : 74

The Tulpa Effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tulpa Effect   The Tulpa Effect EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 3:58 pm

Welcome to WTF central

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
punxtr
Untainted

The Tulpa Effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tulpa Effect   The Tulpa Effect EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 7:57 pm

Ha ha, exactly what I was thinking. Marissa is such a pro Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Tulpa Effect Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tulpa Effect   The Tulpa Effect Empty

Back to top Go down

The Tulpa Effect
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next