Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

What's your favorite Slender Series? And why?

Go down 
+34
samus
skankpit
XuchilVith
Hidden
Elmarco
NearTheEnd
xyzombie
Clint Eastwood
Mennos
Crusergirl
Vohn_exel
Foxglove
ChewieV2
EvilRhino229
theollieb
The Slender Man
MediaGARBAGE
Tahrgat
CheckersValentine
Ladnek
quofomo
MarbleBumblebee
projectrallus
K.B.
DaLadybugMan
Mr. Jeebles
Bio
ExorcistGamer
Lumine
Toxiandra
Sachael
Konaa
The Doctor
sethlapod555
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ChewieV2
Observer
ChewieV2

Current Win Points : 57

What's your favorite Slender Series? And why? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite Slender Series? And why?   What's your favorite Slender Series? And why? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 4:12 am

At the moment I can't decide whether I prefer the sometimes ingenius cinematography of Marble Hornets or just the all round brilliance and absurd levels of immersion of CaughtNotSleeping.
Back to top Go down
Foxglove
Taken
Foxglove

Current Win Points : 14

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite Slender Series? And why?   What's your favorite Slender Series? And why? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 4:24 am

Clearly none of you have seen Concrete Giraffes. There's just.. No contest.
Back to top Go down
http://coldforest.tumblr.com/
Vohn_exel
Watched
Vohn_exel

Current Win Points : 33

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite Slender Series? And why?   What's your favorite Slender Series? And why? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 6:27 am

1. EverymanHYBRID- The acting, the pacing, the plot...multiple monsters, the humor, the emergency machete, the audience participation...the crossovers...While MH was my gateway to the Slenderverse, I wasn't hooked until I watched EMH.

2. Marble Hornets-They got the creepy down GOOD! I have to say no other series has come as close to creeping me out as they have. Definitely have an interesting plot going on and the acting is done fairly well.

3.Tribe Twelve-Making my list a bit Cliche in that it has the "big 3" as the first three, I got into TT after the crossover with EMH. While the acting isn't as good as the other series, the effects are amazing! I mean, Slendy on a plane! And ALL of that was done with After Effects? Dude that takes talent! Also, I liked the creepy that it brought with it, having the phone call Noah and all.

4. DarkHarvest00-A mix of EMH's heart and acting with MH's creepiness, DarkHarvest has quickly become one of my favorite slendervlogs. It's definitely a good series and there's enough mystery in the plot to keep you hooked, while you're also wondering just what is going on. The time control things are well done in the Kindvonderitter vids.

5.Actually almost tied with Darkharvest is Mlanderson0. It probably has the best acting in the series from the main character, Patrick is just awesome. The creepiness is there too, but it lies more with the confusion of what's going on than with Slenderman. The series started out "boring" for me and I wasn't sure I was gonna watch it, but it ended up being really awesome!

And special mention is The Osiris Chronicles, as I enjoy the "crazy" that he does, but the series itself is kind of...not really going anywhere. I like the chess set thing and alot of the acting is good, but there's little mystery or plot with this one...which is fine with me.

And on my "Watch cause it's gonna be awesome" list, is TheUndecidedFive! They've just started but with just a few videos in, they've already got me hooked! Slendy, AND some Fears thrown in to the mix?! Awesome! I can't wait to see where they go! I bet they're gonna be up there with MHs when it's all said and done Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://thegungancouncil.yuku.com
Crusergirl
Stalked

Current Win Points : 74

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite Slender Series? And why?   What's your favorite Slender Series? And why? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 11:22 am

Ah the conosur of the Slendervlog accepts your challenge. I'm pretty sure I've seen almost every single one ever posted (or now deleted).

Let's get the big three out of the way first. Because no matter what, they are the defining parts of slenderverse.
Of course MH because I wouldn't even be here if it wasn't for them. And no matter what they do they are the first of the Vlogs so yeah.
EMH always leaves a very pleasant question mark above my head.
And TT has gotten progressively better as time has gone on.

And as for the other big three.
MLAnderson0- I'll never forget Shaun's screaming in Homecoming.2. Good lord that makes my skin scrawl.
TJAProjects- Perhaps the first of the vlogs to feature mainly woman characters, it may have petered off into a shitstorm but it held strong for quite a while as one of the biggies everyone must watch.

But allow me to use my numbered list for the lesser known or popular series that seem pretty awesome.

1. Caughtnotsleeping- Yes my trendy fangirl is showing but honestly the interaction is comparable only to EMH (which I missed mostly because I was a little late starting it) And I can't get around the fact that for some reason, this complete douchebag of a character has made me care for his well being.

2. MarbleBumbleBee- Good god....these guys. Fucking halarious. I know about Concrete Giraffes but I never really out loud, guffawed like I do with EVERY SINGLE MBB episode. And those Gifs...nobody can deny the awesome slendy gifs.

3. TulpaEffect- They have been quiet as of late but the series looks so promising I want to see what else they are going to do. The perspective is fun to watch. Someone who is genuinely and continues to be not haunted by Slender man documents what is happening to her boyfriend who clearly is.

4. Girl in the Green Room- Yet another series with tons of promise but no recent activity. The protagonist hardly talks but we still get the slight creep factor and even some kind of feral kid who draws slenderman and sneeks into her house. EEK!

Last edited by Crusergirl on Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:21 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : personal reasons)
Back to top Go down
Mennos
Observer
Mennos

Current Win Points : 19

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite Slender Series? And why?   What's your favorite Slender Series? And why? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 7:34 pm

CaughtNotSleeping is probably my absolute favorite. It's very entertaining, and I love his commentary on everything.
Marble Hornets is at a close second due to it being the first vlog I watched and I love 'cryptic bullshit'. It's wonderful.
Back to top Go down
Clint Eastwood
Untainted
Clint Eastwood

Current Win Points : 5

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite Slender Series? And why?   What's your favorite Slender Series? And why? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 8:06 pm

From favorite to least:

1. Tribe Twelve. Oh hell yes. This is by far the scariest Slender Series I have seen. Crazy effects, great acting, and is the only series that makes me laugh (Noah's cluster F-bombs).
2. Marble Hornets. I like it, first season was awesome, but the second season wasn't as good.
3. 5zer02... needs better acting.
4. Beyond The Neon... *sigh* How do I say this politely? Not recommended. There we go.

Last edited by Clint Eastwood on Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Slender Man
Anxious
The Slender Man

Current Win Points : 21

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite Slender Series? And why?   What's your favorite Slender Series? And why? - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 2:47 am

My favourite series would be Marble Hornets, because that's the first series I began watching.

Granite Moths is a close second.
Back to top Go down
xyzombie
Taken
xyzombie

Current Win Points : 79

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite Slender Series? And why?   What's your favorite Slender Series? And why? - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 12:36 am

Since I don't think it's fair to say Marble Hornets, given the fact that it's the GO TO for Slender Vlogs, I'd actually say EverymanHYBRID is my favorite.

Spoiler:

Although it doesn't actually frighten me, it's still one of the more enjoyable to watch.
(If MH weren't out of the race due to unfair advantage, it would have won due to actually keeping me up at night when I watch it all sleep deprived)
Back to top Go down
NearTheEnd
Blackout
NearTheEnd

Current Win Points : 217

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite Slender Series? And why?   What's your favorite Slender Series? And why? - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 4:21 am

1. CaughtNotSleeping. I actually just started watching it today. (Yeah, I'm totally behind on the times.) I have to say, this one is really great. Good acting, great storyline. Love it.
2. TribeTwelve. I had seen some of it, but never really plunged into it until recently. The effects are great, the acting's great. I appreciate it.
3. I have to say... MarbleBumbleBee. Not only is it (obviously) hilarious, but it also keeps your attention. Its like, "Lol, what slenderp is going to happen next?"
EDIT:
4. I'm going to be one of those people and say my own. TheUndecidedFive. Not because I'm in it and I'm going to herp derp around and plug. I don't really care if we get insanely popular or not. I wouldn't care if we had just one viewer, or even none. Doing a vlog is a lot of fun and I don't regret the decision of starting a vlog at all. I like my own simply for the experience.

Last edited by NearTheEnd on Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://rach-quit.tumblr.com
Elmarco
Untainted

Current Win Points : 6

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite Slender Series? And why?   What's your favorite Slender Series? And why? - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 7:03 am

My favourite would have to be MarbleHornets, simply because it's the only one I have watched. I've seen alot of people mention Everyman HYBRID at some points, but for some reason I've just never got around to actually sitting down and watching it.
Back to top Go down
Hidden
Untainted

Current Win Points : 1

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite Slender Series? And why?   What's your favorite Slender Series? And why? - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 10:47 am

1. MarbleHornets + ToTheArk. First series ever that got me into Slender-man long ago and that made me believe that it was real (trololol), and made me lose sleep for over a week. TTA helped.

2. EverymanHYBRID. The characters, the acting. Evan+knives. What's not to love?

3. TribeTwelve. Noah is just badass, I love the swearing and acting. Also made me lose sleep, but the fact slender-shit was going down in the same state as me made me freak out even more xD I had to remind myself that it wasn't real a few times. I love it when a series is that convincing

4. CaughtNotSleeping. The dude *actually* gave Slender-man $20. Dude's awesome, plus the interactivity of the ARG. I love it when other people can help out with the main character. It's really fun.

5. MyDarkJournal. Yes, just yes.

6. MlAndersen0 (my bad if I spelled it wrong). I love the plot and characters, and of course Patrick <3

I've seen other vlogs, but those gotta be my favorite hands-down.
Back to top Go down
XuchilVith
Stalked
XuchilVith

Current Win Points : 92

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite Slender Series? And why?   What's your favorite Slender Series? And why? - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 4:39 pm

My favorites:

1. CaughtNotSleeping. Because yes. Just everything.

2. Marble Hornets. Everything's already been said.

3. MLAndersen0. DAT ACTING. And Patrick is the best villain ever.

4. Tribe Twelve. AMAZING visual effects.

5. DarkHavest00. Violence. <3

6. EverymanHYBRID. Love that they use the Rake, but i find the story confusing.

In that order.
Back to top Go down
skankpit
Untainted
skankpit

Current Win Points : 5

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite Slender Series? And why?   What's your favorite Slender Series? And why? - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 29, 2011 12:18 pm

1- Marble Hornets. Original and the best imo. Good buildup. Slenderman isn't too overdone. Good story.
2- TribeTwelve. Easily the best effects, and I am always a fan of the unreliable narrator concept. Noah is hilarious.

Others worth mentioning in no particular order.

MLAndersen, doingJACKALL, and the two-part documentary by michaelcthulu is so funny.

I will mention EverymanHybrid, because it has some good characters and effects. But the plot is convoluted; keeping track of tiny twitter messages and half a dozen channels is quite tiresome. The only reason I stick with it is because of the TribeTwelve crossover.

Aside from that, I haven't watched any other series enough to say.
Back to top Go down
samus
Untainted

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite Slender Series? And why?   What's your favorite Slender Series? And why? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 2:09 am

sorry about reviving such an old thread, but i just wanted to add a newbies 2 cents- i dont really want to order them, but emh, tt, and darkharvest are all up there for me. there are soooo many though! which of the lesser knows should i check out???
Back to top Go down
Vohn_exel
Watched
Vohn_exel

Current Win Points : 33

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite Slender Series? And why?   What's your favorite Slender Series? And why? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 7:50 am

Well, as it was bumped, and as I've watched alot of series in between my last posting and now, I'll just go ahead and give my "secondary list." My first list is still the same (I don't remember what was on it so there may be repeats) so this list is out of all the new ones I've watched.

1. Undecided Five-They have great acting, a plot, and really cool locations!

1.2 (tied in other words) One Bad Dream (or mmzap). The acting is good, the horror is pretty well done, and have an interesting story going.

2.Tulpa Effect-The acting is very good, the effects are pretty awesome, and when Slendy makes his first big appearance, does he EVER do it in style!

3.Caught Not Sleeping- The budget for this is AMAZING. I mean, backwards running faucets, fully constructed house replicas? Teleporting secret word doors? It's all in there and done well! The acting, the setting, the story, the interactivity...it's an amazing series. It's last on my list simply because I haven't really gotten into it, and because I was late in the series I've missed alot of the fun of being an active viewer. Still, this series has a fresh take on alot of stuff and is really good!
Back to top Go down
http://thegungancouncil.yuku.com
Zaden
Untainted
Zaden

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite Slender Series? And why?   What's your favorite Slender Series? And why? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 5:09 pm

Marble Hornets because they don't eat F-words like candy.

And Marble Hornets and TribeTwelve are the only two to actually scare me, although MLAndersen0 came pretty close.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Zaidon7
NameIsChance
Untainted
NameIsChance

Current Win Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite Slender Series? And why?   What's your favorite Slender Series? And why? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 10:09 pm

The Marble Hornet is where it all began for me with slender man. It is suspenseful and has a great plot. It was also fun trying to find slender man XD but it stills creeps me out.
Back to top Go down
Virtual Toast
Untainted
Virtual Toast

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite Slender Series? And why?   What's your favorite Slender Series? And why? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 11:29 pm

>CaughtNotSleeping is at the top of my list. Caught's attitude towards everything, the story line, the ARG elements of it... My God, the series is just brilliant (and genuinely scary).

>TribeTwelve, MLAndersen0 and TJAProjects are tied in second; They're all equally fantastic, in my opinion. What really stands out in these three are the characters. In all three, the characters are unique, interesting and sometimes flat out hilarious. This matters a lot to me in any series; If the characters are unlikable, I'm not going to enjoy it.

>I also really like this much lesser-known series, XMandelbrot. I think what really got me hooked was the fact that the main characters (in-game) were actually into the SM mythos before craziness ensued. They knew what they were dealing with. *shrug* I think it's pretty refreshing. It might not be the best thing in the 'verse, but it's a different take. I like different.
Back to top Go down
NameIsChance
Untainted
NameIsChance

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite Slender Series? And why?   What's your favorite Slender Series? And why? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 11:58 pm

Virtual Toast wrote:
>CaughtNotSleeping is at the top of my list. Caught's attitude towards everything, the story line, the ARG elements of it... My God, the series is just brilliant (and genuinely scary).
I never heard of it but im going to watch it now.
Back to top Go down
level100nidoking
Stalked
level100nidoking

Current Win Points : 66

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite Slender Series? And why?   What's your favorite Slender Series? And why? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 12:46 am

I'd have to say slendersim/felixneptune. i have seen almost every slendy mytho, but this is the first to give me nightmares. (even if it is in sims and only some stuff in real life) although for only RL ones i'd choose dakrharvest (second to give nightmare fuel) both scare meh D: seriously, watch the one where how to win a rabbit is playing, everythings messed up,the main character was slendernapped (in real life) and A FUCKING RABBIT IS STALKING AND KILLING PEOPLE. i think it was "sims saga #30 " but anyway that gives me nightmares
edit: i think i'd choose theundecidedfive and darkharvest instead of just those 2 that a i mentioned :/
Back to top Go down
http://mrsaturnjr.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's your favorite Slender Series? And why?   What's your favorite Slender Series? And why? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What's your favorite Slender Series? And why?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2