Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

White Elephants

Go down 
+11
altiumvidetur
housecat94
Somebody
Reach
Omega
CuteWithoutThe
FreedomCaged
littleWhiteRABBIT
ExorcistGamer
DaLadybugMan
Konaa
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Konaa
Observer
Konaa

Current Win Points : 66

White Elephants Empty
PostSubject: White Elephants   White Elephants EmptyTue Dec 06, 2011 11:33 pm

Back to top Go down
http://somethingtoleavebehind.blogspot.com/
DaLadybugMan
Blackout
DaLadybugMan

Current Win Points : 488

White Elephants Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Elephants   White Elephants EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 2:12 am

lol robert wtf r u doin
Back to top Go down
http://slenderbloggins.net
ExorcistGamer
Watched
ExorcistGamer

Current Win Points : 143

White Elephants Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Elephants   White Elephants EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 8:51 am

AGAIN?! really?

I notice he's cleared all previous posts again too.

Can we turn this into a drinking game now guys? Take a shot every time White Elephants starts up again.
Back to top Go down
littleWhiteRABBIT
Untainted
littleWhiteRABBIT

Current Win Points : 15

White Elephants Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Elephants   White Elephants EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 10:40 am

On the one hand, god damnit Robert, some people use your blog as a jumping off point to Find Other Blogs through the comments section. Stop deleting all the entries you- Aaaaaarrgh! Just start a NEW blog for fucks sake!

On the other hand... Oh my god... Oh. My. God. This is AWESOME, please tell me this is actually happening, I am laughing SO hard. XD I want to see this. Do it Robert! Hit us with your best shot! XD
Back to top Go down
FreedomCaged
Observer
FreedomCaged

Current Win Points : 116

White Elephants Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Elephants   White Elephants EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 1:52 pm

Dang week and a half hiatus, I really want to make a comment on that post. Seriously though, this is halirious, I can't wait to see where this goes. I liked all of the names(titles) that he did origonally, though it wouldn't work becuase he expected people to conform to his ideas. Still, robert is one of the more notable former bloggers, and not really in a good sense, it's going to take a lot of work for him to pull this off without really messing up the belivability or reliability of his character. I'm hoping he actually pulls it off, although, admitadly, those aren't particurliarly high hopes.
Back to top Go down
DaLadybugMan
Blackout
DaLadybugMan

White Elephants Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Elephants   White Elephants EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 2:53 pm

He should have no right to come back like this in the first place. With all the messing he's done with other people's stories and expected it to stick, he should at least have the decency to stay dead when he's declared dead.

I mean, they fucking found the body and everything. You can't come back from that unless you claim to be an alternate universe version of yourself, in which case, fuck you.
Back to top Go down
Konaa
Observer
Konaa

White Elephants Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Elephants   White Elephants EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 3:00 pm

this is a joke, right?

please tell me it's a joke

the verse can't handle more sagel, there's enough hammy bullshit as is
Back to top Go down
CuteWithoutThe
Watched
CuteWithoutThe

Current Win Points : 77

White Elephants Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Elephants   White Elephants EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 3:02 pm

Does anyone actually actively talk to him OOG, ever? Anyone ever call him out on his bullshit?
Back to top Go down
Konaa
Observer
Konaa

White Elephants Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Elephants   White Elephants EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 5:41 pm

I think Zero called him out over killing off Redlight which is how we got the amazing Bleeding Tree syringes story arc
Back to top Go down
Omega
Blackout
Omega

Current Win Points : 481

White Elephants Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Elephants   White Elephants EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 5:59 pm

..... lolwut

If he really wants to write for the Slenderverse so badly, why doesn't he just let White Elephants end and start a new blog?
Back to top Go down
http://slenderia.blogspot.com/
Konaa
Observer
Konaa

White Elephants Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Elephants   White Elephants EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 6:45 pm

this IS the man who thought we could clap our hands and make Slendy disappear
Back to top Go down
Reach
Untainted
Reach

White Elephants Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Elephants   White Elephants EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 6:48 pm

CuteWithoutThe wrote:
Does anyone actually actively talk to him OOG, ever? Anyone ever call him out on his bullshit?

Zero and I did, though I was nice (possibly too nice) about it.
Back to top Go down
Somebody
Untainted
Somebody

Current Win Points : 44

White Elephants Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Elephants   White Elephants EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 6:53 pm

I think this is less about writing and more about attention-boners.
Back to top Go down
http://somebodysleepy.deviantart.com/
ExorcistGamer
Watched
ExorcistGamer

Current Win Points : 143

White Elephants Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Elephants   White Elephants EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 6:58 pm

Omega you're Stars legacy, finish the zombie hunting job he began last time this occured.

I think someone needs to introduce the writer to Shirou Emiya so it can be explained to him that "people die when they are killed" as hard as that is to believe in the mythos.
Back to top Go down
CuteWithoutThe
Watched
CuteWithoutThe

Current Win Points : 77

White Elephants Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Elephants   White Elephants EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 8:31 pm

Call him out for this more, guys. Tell him this is bad and he should feel bad.

Anyways...has everyone always felt like this about the blog? I mean, when I first started getting into the mythos, before I had the idea for The Fear Mythos in fact, White Elephants seemed to be like some god tier blog or some shit. Like, legendary shit. Did I read everyone's opinions wrong, or something?

Personally, I think the persona around it delivers more than the actual blog itself.
Back to top Go down
Omega
Blackout
Omega

White Elephants Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Elephants   White Elephants EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 8:57 pm

CuteWithoutThe wrote:
Call him out for this more, guys. Tell him this is bad and he should feel bad.

Anyways...has everyone always felt like this about the blog? I mean, when I first started getting into the mythos, before I had the idea for The Fear Mythos in fact, White Elephants seemed to be like some god tier blog or some shit. Like, legendary shit. Did I read everyone's opinions wrong, or something?

Personally, I think the persona around it delivers more than the actual blog itself.

White Elephants was a good blog, during its first run. Then it ended (with a pretty awesome ending,) and if it had stopped there, it would have been considered a classic. Robert became a Guardian, named the next set of sages, and things was good.

The second phase of White Elephants (the introduction of Redlight) was more damage control for an out of control Core Theory, so it too was pretty good, though I was sad that it made the original ending (which was, for once, something happy) non-canon. Ended with Robert being mind-wiped by Redlight.

Then things started to go downhill, though we wouldn't realize it until later. Robert regained his memories (somehow,) escaped Redlight, and was part of the Mythos again.
And there was gamejacking. So much gamejacking. Which is a bit of a problem. Then he died.

Not long after he "died," he was alive again, posting yet another gamejacking post. But that got RAGEd to death by the audience, and there were no further posts.

Yet he didn't seem to learn his lesson, so now he's alive again.

tl:dr Yes, White Elephants used to be good. Before Robert kept coming back from the dead and gamejacking everyone.
Back to top Go down
Konaa
Observer
Konaa

White Elephants Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Elephants   White Elephants EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 9:02 pm

Well Core Theory was a gamejack itself, just one that is remembered more favorably, probably because back then there was no OOG and it gave a bunch of blogs some direction.

but trying to remove Redlight from the Mythos without so much as a warning shot was a dick move extraordinaire.
Back to top Go down
DaLadybugMan
Blackout
DaLadybugMan

White Elephants Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Elephants   White Elephants EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 10:00 pm

Konaa wrote:
Well Core Theory was a gamejack itself, just one that is remembered more favorably, probably because back then there was no OOG and it gave a bunch of blogs some direction.

Core Theory was never really a gamejack until he named the next set of sages, and even then, it was only a gamejack for those who allowed it to be a gamejack. Sure, it told people "this is what your character is," but did so in a way that just assigned them roles that they were already playing, and usually didn't affect their stories at all. Jay, Shaun, Zeke, and M were the ones most notably given titles, and did it affect any of their stories? The only person you could say got gamejacked by Core Theory was Zero, and there it was more that he gained direction that he didn't have. In fact, everyone else usually gamejacked Core Theory instead of the other way around.
Back to top Go down
housecat94
Untainted
housecat94

White Elephants Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Elephants   White Elephants EmptyWed Dec 07, 2011 11:49 pm

Nooooo!

Why did I have to write myself into England!? I could have made a post that would simultaneously denounce him as a leader while claiming that his post proclaims my ideas correctly!

Why must my character be asleep right now?!

*sigh*

Maybe tomorrow...
Back to top Go down
altiumvidetur
Anxious
altiumvidetur

Current Win Points : 68

White Elephants Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Elephants   White Elephants EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 1:30 am

I think replying to his return is just adding fuel to the fire though-- I think people need to just kinda ignore it. Otherwise he'll just get attention, and there are so many better blogs out there that need that attention...
Back to top Go down
Malus
Taken
Malus

Current Win Points : 125

White Elephants Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Elephants   White Elephants EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 7:20 am

altiumvidetur wrote:
I think replying to his return is just adding fuel to the fire though-- I think people need to just kinda ignore it. Otherwise he'll just get attention, and there are so many better blogs out there that need that attention...

Exactly. The more attention you give him, the more likely he'll pull another "Hey, I'm back - from the dead!" and we'll have to create another topic and rant at him.

Just ignore him.
Back to top Go down
littleWhiteRABBIT
Untainted
littleWhiteRABBIT

White Elephants Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Elephants   White Elephants EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 10:06 am

I'm just gonna be honest here and say I'm probably more disappointed in the community than I am with Robert(the author). I mean, is he being kinda dumb here? Sure. It's kind of a dumb move he's making. I get that. But the way everyone is just jumping all over him like "OMG! No! GTFO!" is just ridiculous. And I'm ashamed of you all, really.

I mean, it's like a few of you have pointed out, the guy used to be god-tier within the mythos. He did a lot of good writing and gave a lot of people the direction they needed. Had one hell of an impact. And yeah, things went sour near the end and maybe he fucked up a bit, but is that really worth all the flack we seem to be giving him now?

Give the guy a chance how about it? At least wait and see what he's trying to do. Poke his brain out of game or something... a few of you DO have his contact still, right? If he's trying to do a legitimate reboot and start over, then... well, he's chosen a really stupid means of going about it... but lets at least give him the opportunity to try it out. Geez...

(And Andy, of all people, did you really just say-Arrgghh... You rebooted the Jeykll/Hyde blog after he DIED! I love your work, PLEASE don't be so hypocritical.)
Back to top Go down
Omega
Blackout
Omega

White Elephants Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Elephants   White Elephants EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 11:39 am

littleWhiteRABBIT wrote:
And Andy, of all people, did you really just say-Arrgghh... You rebooted the Jeykll/Hyde blog after he DIED! I love your work, PLEASE don't be so hypocritical.)

Can't go into much detail (it's for Andy to decide how much he wants to tell), but I will say that the Jekyll reboot is very different from Robert coming back.

The reason the community is having such an outcry isn't because Robert's rebooting, it's because he keeps rebooting. This is the fifth time Robert's come back, not counting the two times the blog temporarily rebooted with a different character writing it.
The problem Robert has is that he just doesn't realize when a story has to END. He's a good writer; I don't doubt that he could have left WE with a satisfying conclusion, and moved onto another successful project. The fact that he keeps bringing back WE therefore comes off like someone trying to get attention rather than someone genuinely wanting to tell a story. And there's still a lot of anger towards the gamejacking he did, especially the major, Mythos wide ones he did towards the end of the last reboot. (Calling the Path of Black Leaves off limits to Slender Man? Seriously? Did he have any idea how many stories were relying on that as part of their plot?)

With the number of chances we've given him in the past, this time I do feel that the audience is justified in saying, "No, Robert, this is dumb, STOP COMING BACK TO LIFE." I have no issues whatsoever with Grady (the author) starting a new story. In fact, that's something I'd almost look forward to. Even a sequel to WE wouldn't be bad. But the way he's going about it is just terrible writing.

And writing this post has made me starting to think about gamejacks, and how we seem to have positive ones (The Revenant retcon, Robert squashing Core Theory after it got out of control) compared to negative ones (Robert killing Redlight, those hilariously badly written comments/messages written to the major blogs/vlogs....)
Thank you, people. You may have inspired my next Slenderia post. Once I actually find time to write.
Back to top Go down
FreedomCaged
Observer
FreedomCaged

Current Win Points : 116

White Elephants Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Elephants   White Elephants EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 12:38 pm

Omega wrote:
littleWhiteRABBIT wrote:
And Andy, of all people, did you really just say-Arrgghh... You rebooted the Jeykll/Hyde blog after he DIED! I love your work, PLEASE don't be so hypocritical.)

Can't go into much detail (it's for Andy to decide how much he wants to tell), but I will say that the Jekyll reboot is very different from Robert coming back.

That right, if you want to make a more accurate comparison, then Omega has died and come back more times than anyone else in the mythos. Laughing For that matter he has also killed more proxies, and battled Slenderman more, but, then agian, those were all decidedly non-game-jacky events.

I can see both sides of this argument, on the one hand, I enjoyed reading about Core Theory, it didn't fit perfectly with the mythos, but it still gave it an intresting direction. On the other hand, coming back from a vauge disaperance is one thing, but coming back from a throughly confirmed real death multiple times is a bit much. I think that, as much as I'd love to interact with the character in the mythos, it might be best if he just starts another blog, and stops ereasing his old one.
Back to top Go down
Omega
Blackout
Omega

White Elephants Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Elephants   White Elephants EmptyThu Dec 08, 2011 12:45 pm

FreedomCaged wrote:
For that matter he has also killed more proxies

Actually, I think Arkady might have that title. By the time Operation Wintergreen ended, he was nearing 50 kills. Though I'll admit, over half of those were all in the Epic Final Battle.

That's right. My own character has killed more proxies than I have. I should feel ashamed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

White Elephants Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Elephants   White Elephants Empty

Back to top Go down

White Elephants
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next