Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Does anyone play an instrument?

Go down 
+41
kikaitogaming
bilo
Moriarty
Zander
The Slender Man
GossamerAtara
Nessa
xyzombie
The Slenderfreak
outsidetheblocks
level100nidoking
Untaunted
Dr. Squirtle
myotishia
TheSpectatorAboveYou
Foxglove
UniqueStar
FoundYouForever
ExorcistGamer
Alder
henrik jorgenson
PostIt
DiddyBittyDude
Mennos
Bio
Shayde
EvilRhino229
JubilantUnicorn
Invidias
River Song
MediaGARBAGE
K.B.
Vito_Lucente
Ceb18
Machine Gun Cynic
MarbleBumblebee
Tiro1000
flamey9371
Vivi
GameGal119
NearTheEnd
45 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
myotishia
Untainted
myotishia

Current Win Points : 2

Does anyone play an instrument?  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does anyone play an instrument?    Does anyone play an instrument?  - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 2:48 pm

I used to play keyboard. I can tune a guitar though I can't play. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myotishiasbloggade.blogspot.com
MarbleBumblebee
Anxious
MarbleBumblebee

Current Win Points : 30

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone play an instrument?    Does anyone play an instrument?  - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 7:48 pm

NearTheEnd wrote:
Also! (I'm a double-posting demon, sorry.) The high school band I'm in leaves tomorrow for Disney World! Concert Bass Clarinet like a boss! I also get to sing in the Candlelight Procession. My voice and my lungs will take a huge beating, but its completely worth it! If anyone ever has a chance to go play in Disney, by all means, do so! Or even see a Disney show. This will be my second time performing there and all of it is just so amazing. Watching it, performing in there. Its truly magical. Even though he was a Nazi, he knows how to make one hell of a theme park.

Im responding to a post from the first page, but I realize I never got around to posting a reply, which I meant to do. Our band never plays Disney, but we have gone to Orlando to play at Universal Studios in the parade the last two years. The competition is called Orlandofest and last year we actually won! We will be going back to defend the title again in May.
Back to top Go down
http://Slenderparody.wikispaces.com
NearTheEnd
Blackout
NearTheEnd

Current Win Points : 217

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone play an instrument?    Does anyone play an instrument?  - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 03, 2012 9:26 pm

MarbleBumblebee wrote:
NearTheEnd wrote:
Also! (I'm a double-posting demon, sorry.) The high school band I'm in leaves tomorrow for Disney World! Concert Bass Clarinet like a boss! I also get to sing in the Candlelight Procession. My voice and my lungs will take a huge beating, but its completely worth it! If anyone ever has a chance to go play in Disney, by all means, do so! Or even see a Disney show. This will be my second time performing there and all of it is just so amazing. Watching it, performing in there. Its truly magical. Even though he was a Nazi, he knows how to make one hell of a theme park.

Im responding to a post from the first page, but I realize I never got around to posting a reply, which I meant to do. Our band never plays Disney, but we have gone to Orlando to play at Universal Studios in the parade the last two years. The competition is called Orlandofest and last year we actually won! We will be going back to defend the title again in May.
Wow, that's awesome! We've never done any competitions there. I'll recommend it to my band director, though. =D It sounds really fun.
Sure, we'd probably be up against your school. But bring it on! Lol xP
Back to top Go down
http://rach-quit.tumblr.com
Dr. Squirtle
Watched
Dr. Squirtle

Current Win Points : 119

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone play an instrument?    Does anyone play an instrument?  - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 4:21 pm

I play the ocarina. :3
Back to top Go down
Untaunted
Anxious
Untaunted

Current Win Points : 11

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone play an instrument?    Does anyone play an instrument?  - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 6:34 pm

I used to play alto sax in my school's wind band and jazz band. No competitions or anything like that, just a twice-yearly concert to raise funds for I-don't-know-what.

In second year I got to play a solo in the jazz band (really just because I was the first one who could actually be bothered to learn it, lol), and in fourth year, me and my friend got drafted into the orchestra to back up the only french horn player. It was one of the best experiences of my life, playing a medley of The Empire Strikes Back themes (inc. the Imperial March, which I rocked) and Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas.

I also play the piano. Managed to get up to Grade 5 (my first distinction - yay!) before I left school and needed all my spare time for college work. No competitions there, either, but there was a small informal concert at the end of the year for the parents of the kids being taught by that particular teaching pair.
Back to top Go down
level100nidoking
Stalked
level100nidoking

Current Win Points : 66

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone play an instrument?    Does anyone play an instrument?  - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 7:44 pm

I play the ocarina.
Back to top Go down
http://mrsaturnjr.com/
outsidetheblocks
Untainted
outsidetheblocks

Current Win Points : 3

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone play an instrument?    Does anyone play an instrument?  - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 3:47 am

I've been playing the bass guitar for about two and half years now. Not in a band, but I've always wanted to be in a bitchin' punk band or something.

Also, I play a very small amount of electric guitar too.
Back to top Go down
The Slenderfreak
Anxious
The Slenderfreak

Current Win Points : 20

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone play an instrument?    Does anyone play an instrument?  - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 9:32 pm

I play guitar. picked it up about a year ago. Fender Telecaster. freakin' love that thing.
Back to top Go down
NearTheEnd
Blackout
NearTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone play an instrument?    Does anyone play an instrument?  - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 10:16 pm

I made this thread and I just realized I never said what I played. Derp.
Uhh, okay.. let's see.
Clarinet, Bass Clarinet, any kind of saxophone, ocarina, guitar, piano, violin, and I sing contra alto/tenor.
All of you are awesome for learning these instruments. This is just a really big interest of mine. >.<
Back to top Go down
xyzombie
Taken
xyzombie

Current Win Points : 79

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone play an instrument?    Does anyone play an instrument?  - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 1:21 am

Drum Set - 5 years training - shitty setup (pacific)
Working on Bass - trying to buy one - learning from friends
Back to top Go down
Nessa
Untainted
Nessa

Current Win Points : 27

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone play an instrument?    Does anyone play an instrument?  - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 8:29 am

Used to play the Viola with a great deal of enthusiasm.

I had been playing since I was just a kid, even started writing some music of my own, and then one day a car door closed on the ring and pinkie fingers of my left hand. Not just slammed, but closed, shut, and locked.

No more Viola for me.

I draw now, instead.
Back to top Go down
GossamerAtara
Untainted
GossamerAtara

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone play an instrument?    Does anyone play an instrument?  - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 9:40 pm

I own a keyboard and an acoustic guitar. I don't really play much. I know how to read music and find notes on a piano, but I don't know exactly how to play. I am currently learning to play guitar, but it's pretty hard. The hardest part is moving from one chord to another. I know you have to practice for muscle memory, but my short little fingers have a hard time moving that fast!
Back to top Go down
https://gossamerstar.tumblr.com
TheSpectatorAboveYou
Untainted
TheSpectatorAboveYou

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone play an instrument?    Does anyone play an instrument?  - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 12:31 pm

I consider myself a pretty decent rock/metal/classical guitarist. I've only started writing my own stuff recently, and overall, out of hundreds of different riffs I've written, I only have 1 song in total completely composed.
Back to top Go down
http://spectatoraboveyou.blogspot.com/
The Slender Man
Anxious
The Slender Man

Current Win Points : 21

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone play an instrument?    Does anyone play an instrument?  - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 3:34 pm

I can play the keyboard.

I don't own one though.
Back to top Go down
NearTheEnd
Blackout
NearTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone play an instrument?    Does anyone play an instrument?  - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 9:53 pm

Makes sense Slendy doesn't play a wind instrument.
Back to top Go down
Zander
Survivor
Zander

Current Win Points : 640

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone play an instrument?    Does anyone play an instrument?  - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 3:48 pm

Multiple tendrils for the keys.

I'm sure everyone and their mother learned how to play a Recorder at some point in their life. Winpoint to whoever can guess the only thing I know how to play.
Back to top Go down
Moriarty
Stalked
Moriarty

Current Win Points : 327

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone play an instrument?    Does anyone play an instrument?  - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 6:28 pm

Zander wrote:

I'm sure everyone and their mother learned how to play a Recorder at some point in their life. Winpoint to whoever can guess the only thing I know how to play.

You know how to play the skin flute.
Back to top Go down
bilo
Taken
bilo

Current Win Points : 311

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone play an instrument?    Does anyone play an instrument?  - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 8:21 pm

Zander wrote:

I can say that I never learned how to play the recorder. D: None of my friends at school played it either. I took flute in elementary school, though I really wanted violin. But apparently we could only have a certain number of violinists and all that, so I got stuck with the flute. ashdksh I only remember one note. And the default finger placement... But it's a miracle I even remember that much.

I took up guitar and keyboard on my own. I was awful at guitar; my fingers never got strong enough. hfjksahd My dad always offered to help me learn, but then he was always too busy doing whatever else to remember. Keyboard on the other hand, has always been pretty easy for me to pick up on on my own. I'd like to play more, but since my mom put away her keyboard and refuses to even tell me where it is, I haven't played in a few years. hsdskdl
Back to top Go down
http://animal-nitrate.deviantart.com/
kikaitogaming
Untainted
kikaitogaming

Current Win Points : 1

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone play an instrument?    Does anyone play an instrument?  - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 9:48 pm

I'm not very good, nor can I read music to save my life, but I enjoy playing piano and recorder-flute! Trying to pick up the Ocarina as well
Back to top Go down
Elastik55
Untainted
Elastik55

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone play an instrument?    Does anyone play an instrument?  - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 5:27 pm

I play the bass guitar.
I've only played for about half a year though so I'm a bit of a n00b.
I prefer playing Black Sabbath songs Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://bugreport.blog.com/
DarkShadows
Blackout
DarkShadows

Current Win Points : 32

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone play an instrument?    Does anyone play an instrument?  - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 6:27 pm

... Well I played oboe for ten years, and mallet percussion... I had to drop playing oboe because I didn't have time anymore; now I'm probably insanely rusty at it. Self-taught myself basic piano as well. I am also trained in vocal theater and have naturally excellent pitch (runs in my family); I sing soprano and the higher alto range. I was the human tuning fork all throughout my high school theater career because I'm almost never out of tune, have a natural ear for harmonies, and can quickly fix any pitch issues I have.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wordflow.webs.com
Hooligan Spirit
Anxious
Hooligan Spirit

Current Win Points : 11

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone play an instrument?    Does anyone play an instrument?  - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 6:57 pm

I'm musically deficient, in that I never learned how to play anything. >.< I wanted to play the violin, but my family couldn't afford it, and so it never happened. About the only thing I remember from my music classes is when they used Pokemon to teach us that Fa La Do shit in second grade.

I still want to learn, but I'm out of school now and have no idea where to even begin.
Back to top Go down
Hectic_Eugene
Untainted

Current Win Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone play an instrument?    Does anyone play an instrument?  - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 7:04 pm

I've been playing guitar and performing live for about...10 years almost O_O. Made a lot of stuff, most of it is metal...Some isn't.
You can listen to some of it at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Knaan/372487563231?sk=app_178091127385
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone play an instrument?    Does anyone play an instrument?  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Does anyone play an instrument?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3