Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Favourite song from EverymanHYBRID

Go down 
+5
britaki
TheOneWhoKillsMary
Catachan
xyzombie
Lafcadio Wluiki
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Lafcadio Wluiki
Untainted
Lafcadio Wluiki

Current Win Points : 0

Favourite song from EverymanHYBRID Empty
PostSubject: Favourite song from EverymanHYBRID   Favourite song from EverymanHYBRID EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 7:30 am

I think the choice of music in this series is great. Most of the songs, particularly HABIT's tracks, are nihilistic and confusing in content, yet jolly and whimsical in style - possibly reflecting HABIT's dark sense of humour. 'I Can't Decide' by Scissor Sisters and "Who Could Win a Rabbit" by Animal Collective are two obvious examples of this. The rest of the time, the boys just seem to use music that they enjoy, which gives the series a more personal touch - I'm thinking of stuff like "Oh No You Didn't" and "Hotel California".
Anyway, do you guys have a favourite track? Don't be a stranger!
Back to top Go down
xyzombie
Taken
xyzombie

Current Win Points : 79

PostSubject: Re: Favourite song from EverymanHYBRID   Favourite song from EverymanHYBRID EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 12:05 pm

I get "Oh No You Didn't" stuck in my head FAR too frequently, but I think "The Best Is Yet To Come" by Frank Sinatra is my favorite EMH track because it's one of the more unintentionally ominous ones.
Back to top Go down
Catachan
Anxious
Catachan

Current Win Points : 2

PostSubject: Re: Favourite song from EverymanHYBRID   Favourite song from EverymanHYBRID EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 10:48 pm

xyzombie wrote:
I get "Oh No You Didn't" stuck in my head FAR too frequently, but I think "The Best Is Yet To Come" by Frank Sinatra is my favorite EMH track because it's one of the more unintentionally ominous ones.
Agree with xyzombie; "The Best Is Yet To Come" was both well-placed and horribly dark how it was used.

Plus it's Frank Sinatra. You can't go wrong with his music.
Back to top Go down
TheOneWhoKillsMary
Untainted

Current Win Points : 9

PostSubject: Re: Favourite song from EverymanHYBRID   Favourite song from EverymanHYBRID EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 11:33 pm

"The Best Is Yet To Come" was very good, because of how dark it was when used in that context.

"I Can't Decide" was by far my favorite though, because of how absolutely terrifying it was when used in Dead End With A Pulse.
Back to top Go down
britaki
Anxious
britaki

Current Win Points : 13

PostSubject: Re: Favourite song from EverymanHYBRID   Favourite song from EverymanHYBRID EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 11:57 pm

"Alone Down There" by Modest Mouse
Back to top Go down
Adoku
Untainted
Adoku

PostSubject: Re: Favourite song from EverymanHYBRID   Favourite song from EverymanHYBRID EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 11:51 am

They have awesome tracks for this series humorous and dark at the same time
Back to top Go down
Neomenia
Anxious
Neomenia

Current Win Points : 14

PostSubject: Re: Favourite song from EverymanHYBRID   Favourite song from EverymanHYBRID EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 1:43 am

The bloody Hamster Dance is a deadly earworm which still haunts me to this day. Not sure it's my favorite, but it was the most memorable for me, for good or ill.
Back to top Go down
Cougar Draven
Stalked
Cougar Draven

Current Win Points : 87

PostSubject: Re: Favourite song from EverymanHYBRID   Favourite song from EverymanHYBRID EmptyMon Sep 17, 2012 5:01 am

Heh. I personally enjoyed the shout-out present in The Rake's Song, even if the song itself is irrelevant.

But nothing will ever top the sheer horror of Who Could Win a Rabbit.
Back to top Go down
http://cougardraven.tumblr.com/
TheRake
Untainted
TheRake

PostSubject: Re: Favourite song from EverymanHYBRID   Favourite song from EverymanHYBRID EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 12:56 pm

The time when Evan tries to play Motoerhead. That laughter was some music, then.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favourite song from EverymanHYBRID   Favourite song from EverymanHYBRID Empty

Back to top Go down

Favourite song from EverymanHYBRID
Page 1 of 1