Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff

HomepageHomeSearchRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Plans and Schemes

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ChewieV2
Observer
ChewieV2

Current Win Points : 57

Plans and Schemes Empty
PostSubject: Plans and Schemes   Plans and Schemes EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 6:47 am

Ok, so there's three slight problems with discussing theory and especially plans of action on TinyChat.
1. There's no permanent record and we forget stuff.
2. The plans and theories people suggest tend to end up getting swamped out by everything else and not as fully discussed as we'd all like.
3.It's not very inclusive for newbies and people who don't know about the chat.

So a few of us were thinking right here in our own sub-forum might be a better place to talk all this over.

So, scheme the first.
We need Caught back. An individual with the username Caught has shown up three times in TinyChat and not said anything, it might have been a troll, but trolls usually say something. Then there's the mysterious "Doitanddiefool" and "Iwouldliketospeathwithbothofyou". All of these things could be Caught trying to reach out to us.
If Caught is in the condition we think he's in, he may be able to kind of see us and the chat remotely.
And Roivas did say some adaptation of the flower ritual might be able to help Caught.
Myself, Anna and Tarvok were kicking around the idea of trying (super vague) video messages, or possibly even rituals to act as a sort of beacon to draw Caught out.
Like a supernatural lighthouse.
What do people think?

Last edited by ChewieV2 on Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Paradox
Untainted

Current Win Points : 7

Plans and Schemes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plans and Schemes   Plans and Schemes EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 8:21 am

I'm wondering...

We did a flower related Ritual for Roivas (Dawn Flower).
Mirrors wanted us to do a Mirror related Ritual.

Stands to reason that whatever the ritual may be, and for... it has to contain something that somewhat personally resonates with the person/thing we're trying help or contact.

So I'd say we need to figure out potential things that Caught would pick up on...

Also, I'm thinking we should be trying to only contact him at first.
Not try to draw him out or anything just yet, we need to see if it works.
And just us contacting him may help him focus where his mind needs to go to talk back.

We need to take it a step at a time I think.

But yeah, being super vague is a must have caution right now I think.
Back to top Go down
ChewieV2
Observer
ChewieV2

Plans and Schemes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plans and Schemes   Plans and Schemes EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 8:41 am

Paradox wrote:
I'm wondering...

We did a flower related Ritual for Roivas (Dawn Flower).
Mirrors wanted us to do a Mirror related Ritual.

Stands to reason that whatever the ritual may be, and for... it has to contain something that somewhat personally resonates with the person/thing we're trying help or contact.

So I'd say we need to figure out potential things that Caught would pick up on...

Also, I'm thinking we should be trying to only contact him at first.
Not try to draw him out or anything just yet, we need to see if it works.
And just us contacting him may help him focus where his mind needs to go to talk back.

We need to take it a step at a time I think.

But yeah, being super vague is a must have caution right now I think.

I was thinking something similar, Dox.
To make it work for Caught it would have to be something that has the same connection to him as flowers to do Roivas or mirrors do to . . . well, Mirrors. But we don't know much about the guy is the problem, we may need to really dig through the videos to find something.

Something that's just occurred to me is the idea of getting Natalie in on it as she may help create a stronger connection. But I don't know. What do people think?
Back to top Go down
Crusergirl
Stalked

Current Win Points : 74

Plans and Schemes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plans and Schemes   Plans and Schemes EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 9:52 am

So I guess since we're trying to use this thread again that maybe I should lay down a few crack theories I had.
Lately we've been getting questioning micro chatters that come and go in the chat like "lake" and several Caught's coming in for two seconds. So after seeing some stuff Anna had brought up about Roivas describing the tools that were in the alley, this particular one hit me.

"Roivas: I have found a way to arm the boy against the beast. This is why I showed you truth. So you may see the necessity of such an action.
Q: Is the beast Slendy?
Roivas: No. It is that which breathes without the air itself." (4/1 Roivas)

What if the lake from Willows Peak is Mirror's hangout?

And does that mean that Caught's mind or consciousness is trapped there. What if the thing mirror's has is Caught and Roivas was trying to warn us about it with Avi's package.
Something else to consider. We've also determined that mirror's has been around for far longer than just the recent month. So why would they intervene now (with Avi's package) rather than previously with Chewie's? Because this particular package had info regarding Caught's situation that Roivas found out about.

What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
Paradox
Untainted

Plans and Schemes Empty
PostSubject: Follow The Light   Plans and Schemes EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 1:19 pm

Okay, so I think I've worked out a plan.
A plan I think will work, at least somewhat.

Keep in mind however that this may take me a week or so, I’ll need time to get the footage I need, and to record the audio I want and to get everything in order.

The idea (so you know why you’re doing what you’re doing), is to not call for Caught.
But rather to SHOW him where to go. To show him the way out. So he can hopefully follow us out. Or at least, to a place where we can get him out later.

We know we can get people out, because you guys got Unknown out.

If we even get him to a place like that, we have a chance.

So, I plan to act as a spring board like conduit.
Instead of all of us calling out to Caught in separate ways, we focus upon a single idea.

Light. Both in general and within us all.

The ritual I would like as many Butterflies who are willing to do, is as follows:

While on camera simply say “I am [Butterfly name], follow the Light.”
Preferably at Dawn and/or while it’s raining, you can be in the rain or just near a window where it can be seen/heard.
And if you get to film it at Dawn, try to do it so that the breaking of the Light can be seen in the background behind you somewhere.

(The rain would be my attempt to incorporate what I think must be Caught’s earliest comforting memory, a similar tactic to how we’re trying to use “You are my Sunshine to bring Natalie back).

Keep those videos on unlisted, and send them to me, I’ll take them and put them into the video I plan on making. Once that video goes up however, they can go public as well.

The video I plan on making, will have a song in it that is actually reversed, but it has parts that were already reversed, so the effect you get is palindromic. And will hopefully be a somewhat montage of people’s rituals, as well as my attempt to remind Caught of what he may need to be reminded of, and/or just get him to “remember”. There may be clips from his videos, as well as clips of me doing a similar ritual to the other Butterflies, which I hope will focus any ritual power from the individual videos, so as to hopefully make this work.

Also, to those who aren't Butterflies...
Caligo helped me figure out what Non-Butterflies could do to help out with this too, if they so wish.

Any Non-butterflies who wish to help with this, I ask that you try and lend your Light/Strength temporarily to The Butterflies themselves, to aid them in hopefully pushing through to Caught with their Light/Strength.

Seeing as the Butterflies would seem to be somewhat connected to The Dark Place through Roivas, and so may have a chance at using it in a similar way to Roivas.

To do this, I wrote a poem…
All you need do (Non-Butterflies), is film yourself reading it.
(Preferably in the rain or with it visible, with some form of Light in the shot, and/or at Dawn with the Light somewhere seen behind you).

These videos don’t have to be unlisted, in fact the sooner you do them the better. Because it should hopefully mean any Butterflies who do the Butterfly ritual after you have done yours will have an extra kick of power.

The Poem is as follows:

To the Butterflies I lend my Light
To bring back Caught from endless night
Though temporary in this display
I’ll be with them at the break of day
Fly fast, fly strong, towards the path they show
And awaken once more into the world you know

In doing this, I/we will have met the consent requirements of The Dark Place, in that I have asked you guys to help me show Caught the way out, and you guys have agreed to do so by making the videos. Which should hopefully add more strength to our rituals.

But of course, I have no idea if it will work.
I don’t believe it has much if any chance of backfiring.
Unless you count looking a bit silly if nothing happens as a backfire. Heh.

But yes, the more people, the more chance that this will work.
If you’re okay to do it, then please do.
And I’ll try and create this video as soon as I can, and hopefully we can blast a clear path for Caught to follow.

And if this works, we can do the same and/or adapt it to find/free Natalie too perhaps.

Last edited by Paradox on Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Paradox
Untainted

Plans and Schemes Empty
PostSubject: Ritual Time! (Again).   Plans and Schemes EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 2:40 pm

This time to hopefully reunite Rene with her Light.

It’s a pretty simple idea.
Using water in the place of a mirror (because fuck those things).

“…freedom and purity of water.”

All Butterflies need to do is as follows:

1. Find some water, it doesn’t really matter where or what it’s in as long as you can place your hand in it. A bowl, or river, or sink, or pond or anything like that would be fine I should think.

2. Write your Butterfly name on your hand.

3. Submerge the hand with your Butterfly name on it, within the water.

4. Say out loud ”The Light of [Butterfly name], invites Thyodamas home.”

5. Obviously do this on camera, and upload it to Youtube.

Once again, I’m not sure if it’ll work. But I think a unified ritual plan, as well as the singing videos, may well do something positive.

So if you like the idea, and are able, I urge you to do this as soon as possible.
And hopefully we can get a friend’s Light back where it belongs...

With her.
Back to top Go down
Tiq
Untainted

Current Win Points : 0

Plans and Schemes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plans and Schemes   Plans and Schemes EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 2:09 pm

I was thinking of ways to ensure that natalie is kept safe when we bring her back from the dark place and there's only one answer that really occurs to me.

We need to get caught back and I think I have an idea how.
We need to let him know that natalie is in danger. I keep going back to
that incident with unknown after he was taken, and the fact that SOMETHING made him communicate with her despite his mind being trapped in the dark place. I think that something had to do with the fact that unknown was in serious danger of harming herself. I think that deep down inside caught is a fundamentally good person and he has a strong desire to do right by others and I think it’s exactly what we need to try and rely on.

I think at some point very, very soon we should get as many of us as possible to put up videos all around about the same time, simply calling out to caught and letting him know that natalie is in danger. Let him know that helper is intentionally trying to put her at risk by cutting her off from any hope of salvation, and let him know that he NEEDS to come back before things get so much worse.

The best way I figure we can do this is to post all our videos round about the same time in order to have the best chance of getting through to him.

I know this idea isn't a very flashy one and there are no real rituals to speak of, but I feel like this could really work as there's some logic to it and at this point I figure it’s worth a try before we dare go pulling natalie out of the frying pan and into the
all too literal fire.
Back to top Go down
ChewieV2
Observer
ChewieV2

Plans and Schemes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plans and Schemes   Plans and Schemes EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 3:09 pm

Tiq wrote:
I was thinking of ways to ensure that natalie is kept safe when we bring her back from the dark place and there's only one answer that really occurs to me.

We need to get caught back and I think I have an idea how.
We need to let him know that natalie is in danger. I keep going back to
that incident with unknown after he was taken, and the fact that SOMETHING made him communicate with her despite his mind being trapped in the dark place. I think that something had to do with the fact that unknown was in serious danger of harming herself. I think that deep down inside caught is a fundamentally good person and he has a strong desire to do right by others and I think it’s exactly what we need to try and rely on.

I think at some point very, very soon we should get as many of us as possible to put up videos all around about the same time, simply calling out to caught and letting him know that natalie is in danger. Let him know that helper is intentionally trying to put her at risk by cutting her off from any hope of salvation, and let him know that he NEEDS to come back before things get so much worse.

The best way I figure we can do this is to post all our videos round about the same time in order to have the best chance of getting through to him.

I know this idea isn't a very flashy one and there are no real rituals to speak of, but I feel like this could really work as there's some logic to it and at this point I figure it’s worth a try before we dare go pulling natalie out of the frying pan and into the
all too literal fire.

I'm just going to add that Caught has used the phrase "you just have to remember" on people who were suffering Dark Place effects before to great effect.
So maybe it would be a good idea for people doing these videos for him to do the same.
Back to top Go down
Tiq
Untainted

Current Win Points : 0

Plans and Schemes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plans and Schemes   Plans and Schemes EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 12:22 am

So chewie had an idea about ways we could help here, and asked me to post this up here for him.

Ok, so while we have probably given Natalie a very good idea of what direction to take to get home, we need to remember that Roivas needed extra power to cross from the Dark Place to our world and Natalie would probably need the same.

Unfortunately, it's winter and most of us are in the Northern hemisphere so there's precious few flowers to burn so let's try this. Gather leaves and bark, (only take small pieces of bark, don't kill the tree) and burn those. Rub the ashes in your hands, present your hands to the camera and say "I give Natalie the strength to leave the Dark Place"

As a back-up plan it might be a good idea to direct Roivas to Natalie. So maybe we should each do a pair of videoes:
One encouraging Natalie to sing, in order to attract Roivas.
The second telling Roivas to listen for the sound of the singing and follow it to Natalie.
Back to top Go down
MissAnna
Untainted
MissAnna

Current Win Points : 13

Plans and Schemes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plans and Schemes   Plans and Schemes EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 12:45 am

I guess this is the right place to post about what Roivas said today for the people who don't frequent the chat: A number of people have been making videos of themselves singing or humming "You Are My Sunshine," mostly to try and comfort Natalie and/or guide Natalie out of the Dark Place. Today, Roivas told us that she can apparently hear the singing, and believes it's leading her to Natalie, so she's following it. So, more people should sing that song and post it so that Roivas has a stronger signal to follow. Anyone can do this, butterflies and non-butterflies alike. The more who do, the easier it will likely be to follow. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Plans and Schemes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plans and Schemes   Plans and Schemes Empty

Back to top Go down

Plans and Schemes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Slender Man Series :: Video Series Trailheads :: CaughtNotSleeping ARG-
Jump to: