Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

The Makings of a Hero

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
kingxana0
Observer
kingxana0

Current Win Points : 27

The Makings of a Hero Empty
PostSubject: The Makings of a Hero   The Makings of a Hero EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 7:06 pm

Yes I get Core Theory is dead. Yes I understand that God himself would have to write a blog featuring anything other then someone with a Sage level or lower title.

But if Core Theory hadn't imploded what do you think the "Hero" would have been like? Personally I always imagined he would be a careless guy who was really in your face against proxies but was scarred knowing what would happen during the final battle.

Your thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Omega
Blackout
Omega

Current Win Points : 481

PostSubject: Re: The Makings of a Hero   The Makings of a Hero EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 8:45 pm

Already did this. The whole point of the Operation Wintergreen blog series was to have a story that followed the narrative structure of Core Theory without having any of the titles or other silliness that got Core Theory shot down. Setoth was the Sage, Arkady was the Warrior, Michenab was the Guardian, and Kalias was the Hero.

Unfortunately, Kalias didn't get quite as much characterization as the rest of the cast, but there were some Hero traits to him. He acts extremely self-sacrificing, putting himself into huge danger to try and save strangers. He also had a very strong sense of determination linked to that self-sacrifice: when, from his perspective, it was only him suffering from Slendy, he gave in pretty easily, and was on the path to being hallowed. Yet the instant he sees Slendy take a child right in front of him, he snaps out of it and goes to insane lengths to fight back. And our portrayal didn't have him "in your face against proxies" at all; if anything, he was the closest to a pacifist the story had (compare him to Arkady, who went out of his way to fight against proxies, or Setoth who once attempted to kidnap them FOR SCIENCE!) The time he is forced to kill proxies, he went into a huge depression, and during the final battle, he's on the Rescue Team rather than the Let's-Slaughter-Everything-With-An-Operator-Symbol-On-It Team.
Back to top Go down
http://slenderia.blogspot.com/
DaLadybugMan
Blackout
DaLadybugMan

Current Win Points : 488

PostSubject: Re: The Makings of a Hero   The Makings of a Hero EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 9:10 pm

kingxana0 wrote:
Yes I get Core Theory is dead. Yes I understand that God himself would have to write a blog featuring anything other then someone with a Sage level or lower title.

But if Core Theory hadn't imploded what do you think the "Hero" would have been like? Personally I always imagined he would be a careless guy who was really in your face against proxies but was scarred knowing what would happen during the final battle.

Your thoughts?

The author mentioned that if he had kept going with Core Theory that he probably would have chosen Reach as the Hero.

So yeah, that's probably your closest "canon" hero.
Back to top Go down
http://slenderbloggins.net
kingxana0
Observer
kingxana0

Current Win Points : 27

PostSubject: Re: The Makings of a Hero   The Makings of a Hero EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 10:23 pm

Huh. That's interesting. Who would you have chosen?
Back to top Go down
littleWhiteRABBIT
Untainted
littleWhiteRABBIT

Current Win Points : 15

PostSubject: Re: The Makings of a Hero   The Makings of a Hero EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 9:09 am

Bondie

Caring, gentle orphan boy ripped from his simple, peaceful life and thrust into conflict against a previously unknown evil force and now training under the wisened eyes of an old master. Bondie was the Luke Skywalker to M's Obi-Wan.
Back to top Go down
zero
Stalked
zero

Current Win Points : 115

PostSubject: Re: The Makings of a Hero   The Makings of a Hero EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 8:44 am

It sure as hell wasn't zero. Yeah, Reach or possibly Maduin had the right feel to me for being the Hero, if there really was one. zero's problem was that HE wanted to be the Hero of the story...

Brutal Deconstruction ahoy!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Makings of a Hero   The Makings of a Hero Empty

Back to top Go down

The Makings of a Hero
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Slender Man Series :: Out-of-Game Trailheads-
Jump to: