Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

What Scares You?

Go down 
+32
AlkerStay
GeorgePenn
Caedeus
Machine Gun Cynic
LostSkeleton
Huaimoitu
Etreo
guitargodd97
EaterOfWorlds
rollp
TheFallenenvoy
Nearnote
britaki
Rats808
AlphabeticWar
Fotzepolitic
Ekaetriana
Moose
Courage
aGamingFish
nINTH##sIXTh##
xyzombie
DiddyBittyDude
kingxana0
level100nidoking
TheDakaar713
Cougar Draven
sethlapod555
apokAlypse
DemonicUlquiorra
Zephyr_Mal
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Moose
Anxious
Moose

Current Win Points : 12

What Scares You? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Scares You?   What Scares You? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 8:52 pm

Cougar Draven wrote:
Every one of you that said something like loud noises or jump scares is actually wrong. They don't scare you. They startle you. Fear is not having someone suddenly jump at you. Fear is a long game, full of paranoia and unsettling thoughts. Fear is the rustling sound of leaves on the path behind you. Fear is the knowledge that you don't know what is beyond the darkness. Fear is knowing that something around you isn't right.

What scares me? The world. The world is a terrifying place.

[Not to be an instigator, the devil's advocate, etcetera, but loud noises SCARE ME. Every few hours, I check the Doppler radar to make sure no storms are coming. When there is a storm, I hide in my attic- which is the only room in the house with no windows- with both noise cancelling headphones and earplugs on/in and have to wait for a family member to notify me that there is no longer thunder nor lightning. I was once so terrified by the sound of loud radio static I had to be sedated- and later hospitalized.]

[I do believe that when every moment of your existence is plagued by the though of loud noises occurring and such noises have brought you to tears, it is considered a fear.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.ragemoose.com
Ekaetriana
Untainted
Ekaetriana

Current Win Points : 4

PostSubject: Re: What Scares You?   What Scares You? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 4:45 pm

Hmmm....I'm easily startled by anything and everything, so sorting out what actually horrifies me (versus just startles me) might be difficult.

What comes to mind is:
* Noise: I am perceptive to noise and easily irritated by noise. The right noise can make me fearful of what could be making it. No noise at all makes me plain uncomfortable and jittery, too much noise or noises that are too loud or shocking can make me want to find a safe spot to hide.

* Darkness or Limited Light: Childish, sure, but I am still scared of not being able to see. In fact, I'm terrified of not being able to see. I like to wait until my eyes adjust to the darkness at night before I'm even really comfortable laying down and going to sleep.

* Sensory Deprivation in General: Not being able to touch, see, hear, taste, speak, etc. I like to have a full range of ability.

* Being Lost

* Being told I am a liar or something happened that I didn't remember: This may not seem scary, but it has happened to me and left me quite fearful...of myself. It made me feel nauseous, paranoid, and just...scared!

* My reflection - not so much mirrors as my own reflection. I hate my own reflection, I can't look at her for very long at all without getting chills and thinking something is off. I know this isn't really a typical fear, though.

* Bugs - No. Never. Ever. Some bugs are easier to deal with than others, but after you've had spiders in your bed for years and ants swarming up your legs you can't take it any more. I stay away from bugs if I can, kill them on sight if I can't.

* Overprotection, things that are too happy - That really wasn't the best term for what I mean, so let me explain. I am terrified of someone who adores me and constantly touches me, and praises me, who would be overprotective of me. I'm also scared of situations that are TOO fun or TOO happy, with too many bright colors and happy laughing people. It makes me feel like something awful is about to happen, or that something was off to begin with.

When it comes to actually watching a series or movie, I am most scared by the noise and how well the actors can act, if they actually act curious or scared it helps me put myself in their shoes and be scared too, then when the scare comes, I feel that rush and have to look around me. And anticipation. Of course the anticipation can only increase the scare.

I'm not very scared by visuals, blood or anything like that. The only visuals that scare me would be ones where you have to look twice, or ones that have an uncanny feeling.
Back to top Go down
Fotzepolitic
Observer
Fotzepolitic

Current Win Points : 23

PostSubject: Re: What Scares You?   What Scares You? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 5:22 pm

What scares me?

Two words: anal fisting.
Back to top Go down
AlphabeticWar
Anxious
AlphabeticWar

Current Win Points : 15

PostSubject: Re: What Scares You?   What Scares You? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 5:37 pm

Spoiler'd for length
There’s a multitude of things that scare me, mainly they involve my own personal feelings rather than actual things.

Spoiler:

Last edited by AlphabeticWar on Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Way to difficult to read at first.)
Back to top Go down
Rats808
Untainted
Rats808

Current Win Points : 1

PostSubject: Re: What Scares You?   What Scares You? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 5:50 pm

Darkness and total silence are two big fears/paranoia inducers of mine. Darkness much less so, but when combined with silence I get really uneasy, and usually end up imagining sounds such as someone trying to pick the lock on the front door or something else equally scary.

Spiders are an actual phobia I've got, and if you've ever played Dark Messiah of Might and Magic, I actually outright stopped playing when I got to the spider temple. The hairier they are, the less easy I am around them.
Back to top Go down
Fotzepolitic
Observer
Fotzepolitic

PostSubject: Re: What Scares You?   What Scares You? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 6:08 pm

Spiders are cool. =(
Back to top Go down
Rats808
Untainted
Rats808

PostSubject: Re: What Scares You?   What Scares You? - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 6:44 pm

NOT WHEN YOU'RE ARACHNOPHOBIC.

I've actually thought about if I ever start a slendervlog having part of a video be me being as calm as possible while having a tarantula crawl across my face.

But I'd probably freak out and send it flying across the room or crush it so uh
Back to top Go down
britaki
Anxious
britaki

Current Win Points : 13

PostSubject: Re: What Scares You?   What Scares You? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 1:00 am

Those who follow blindly in the true sense. They have a certain glaze over there eyes that gives me chills because it's like a stamp of, "I will not be reasoned with."
Back to top Go down
Fotzepolitic
Observer
Fotzepolitic

PostSubject: Re: What Scares You?   What Scares You? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 2:14 pm

Major fears:

Serious damage done to my hands: as weird as this sounds, I could be blind, deaf and retarded and put up with it, but my hands are my fucking life.

Wasps: I once saw a wasp repeatedly stab a caterpillar in the head. My mum saw a wasp gnaw all the legs off of a daddy-long-legs and fly off with its still-living body. Charles Darwin considered wasps' method of reproduction - i.e. the ichneumon method - to be absolute proof of the non-existence of God. In short, wasps are cunts.

Seriously man, anal fisting: I saw a documentary on Channel 4 late night called "The Truth About Gay Sex" which, seriously... ugh. As a homosexual, I have never had cause to refer to more than about 10% of what they insisted on covering in that sordid hog's nest of squick. What a guy in a novelty apron did to a watermelon with a speculum just destroys my soul.

Being stuck in a house surrounded by assholes: the assholes take many forms - in my nightmares, they are frequently portrayed either by hoodies or, weirdly, Little My from the Moomins, sometimes with peg arms and legs a la Salty from Family Guy - but the general theme of being surrounded by people who want to murder me, specifically in a house that I could totally just wait in til morning, has a weird effect on me. I think it's the sense of impotence and the knowledge that, like a twat, I probably WOULD open the door just to shout at them, thereby leaving myself vulnerable, which has some deeper psychological resonance. Like, being in a fight that I can't avoid, that doesn't bother me. Being in a position where I can only avoid a fight by being a pussy... I think what scares me is knowing that I would make the completely-fucking-stupid decision in that situation.
Back to top Go down
aGamingFish
Anxious
aGamingFish

Current Win Points : 4

PostSubject: Re: What Scares You?   What Scares You? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 3:54 pm

Okay I have a strange one: Falling Asleep. It's not the actual sleeping part, which I quite enjoy, it's actually Getting[i] to sleep. I don't know if this has ever happened to anyone else, but a few times i've been lying in bed about to fall asleep and lose consciousness, when suddenly I think my brain goes into overdrive thinking things like "OMG You're about to be fall asleep!! Noooooo!!!"
I literally have to get up, have a glass of water and sit down for 5 minutes before i can try to fall asleep again.
Beat that for randomness?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/GreyPixelFilms?feature=mhee
Nearnote
Untainted
Nearnote

Current Win Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: What Scares You?   What Scares You? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 4:07 pm

It's actually the tension of situations that scare me the most... For example, the last time I played Slender, I literally couldn't get past the first page because I was petrified that our friend in the suit would pop up and scare the living daylights out of me... Even though I actually hadn't seen him...
Back to top Go down
TheFallenenvoy
Watched
TheFallenenvoy

Current Win Points : 98

PostSubject: Re: What Scares You?   What Scares You? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 5:08 pm

I'm really scared of people that still play slender. gosh darn.
Back to top Go down
Fotzepolitic
Observer
Fotzepolitic

PostSubject: Re: What Scares You?   What Scares You? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 5:15 pm

What Scares You? - Page 2 Ohyou
Back to top Go down
rollp
Untainted
rollp

PostSubject: he's just standing there...menacingly!   What Scares You? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 12:50 am

The reason I've been so frightened by Marble Hornets and by Slenderman in general is not a 'traditional' fear you might say. I'm not truly afraid of things jumping out at me or violence or gruesome scary pictures. The mere thought and idea that something that can find me and harm me, mess with and break my mind, could possibly exist scares the hell out of me. If the existence was a for sure i would be less frightened, but its the maybe that worries me. Superstitions/beliefs influence people so easily, the psychological effect of, not necessarily expecting a tall faceless being around every corner, but not knowing whether I should expect this tall creature is the bad part.
Back to top Go down
xyzombie
Taken
xyzombie

Current Win Points : 79

PostSubject: Re: What Scares You?   What Scares You? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 10:25 am

Rollp, what's brilliant about MH though is that the Operator rarely jumps out, he's usually a constant in a scene, lurking, approaching slowly, and yet, we still jump.
Back to top Go down
EaterOfWorlds
Untainted
EaterOfWorlds

Current Win Points : -2

PostSubject: Re: What Scares You?   What Scares You? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 10:27 am

Jeff the killer Scared me for years now I am not afraid of anything anymore not even death..
Back to top Go down
rollp
Untainted
rollp

PostSubject: Re: What Scares You?   What Scares You? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 1:03 pm

xyzombie wrote:
Rollp, what's brilliant about MH though is that the Operator rarely jumps out, he's usually a constant in a scene, lurking, approaching slowly, and yet, we still jump.
That's one of the things I meant to put but forgot, things just being there. Then when you notice it you are rather frightened because OH MY GOD HE'S RIGHT THERE!!!
Back to top Go down
guitargodd97
Anxious
guitargodd97

PostSubject: Re: What Scares You?   What Scares You? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 5:14 pm

I get really scared of sound, but also of people voice true fear. When someone gets really scared and starts freaking out themselves, that freaks me out, haha.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/HunterMusicAndTV
Etreo
Runner
Etreo

Current Win Points : 261

PostSubject: Re: What Scares You?   What Scares You? - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 5:20 pm

Fotzepolitic wrote:
Major fears:

Serious damage done to my hands: as weird as this sounds, I could be blind, deaf and retarded and put up with it, but my hands are my fucking life.

IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN

Cows have always kind of unnerved me. Aside from that, just about everything. I am genuinely a fear lightweight.
Back to top Go down
Huaimoitu
Untainted
Huaimoitu

Current Win Points : 3

PostSubject: Re: What Scares You?   What Scares You? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 7:39 pm

Heights are one of my readily apparent fears that torment me regularly. I fear them due to suffering from compulsions to jump off them. As if to bolster the war effort against me I also suffer from an obsession with that idea, intrusive thoughts about jumping and dying plague me. I've managed, via therapy and will, to be able to actually walk around on heights above ground level without falling into a panic attack. I still suffer anxiety but at the least I can walk.

Loss of self is my one great fear. To the point where my own religion terrifies me at times. As is though I can no longer shake the notion that I lack a "self" and said religion has helped with that. While I am still afraid I am no longer petrified of it, I'm even welcoming and willing to further and further accept the concept of anatta.

Related to the self problem is the notion that nothing is truly real. It's a fear of mine that I don't truly exist and neither does the world. That it's just a clever illusion that I will one day see through and then never be able to return to. I also fear fearing that. Since it's not terribly productive to go "OMG NOTHING IS REAL D:".

Most of all though I fear myself and that I won't have the strength and will to move on and combat my various obsessions and problems. And that, worse even than killing myself, I will end up harming those around me. Either by upsetting them with something I said or by deteriorating to a point where they can but watch me as I lose myself to myself.

Self is the greatest fear.
Back to top Go down
LostSkeleton
Anxious
LostSkeleton

Current Win Points : 24

PostSubject: Re: What Scares You?   What Scares You? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 29, 2012 10:54 pm

I think humans are scary, humans are the most scariest things I've ever seen, and this probably sounds cliché, but the things we think and do and have done. Also we also have the whole entire "self awareness thing going on".
Back to top Go down
Cougar Draven
Stalked
Cougar Draven

Current Win Points : 87

PostSubject: Re: What Scares You?   What Scares You? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 6:01 pm

I don't see people as frightening. Humans are entirely predictable, and given enough information, you can almost always predict the next several things a person or group of people will do.
Back to top Go down
http://cougardraven.tumblr.com/
Machine Gun Cynic
Taken
Machine Gun Cynic

Current Win Points : 25

PostSubject: What are you afraid of?   What Scares You? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 9:08 am

Okay, so what I made this thread for is well, we all like to get scared don't we? What do we like to get scared with and what is so scary it turns to a painful fear?

Like ghost stories for a fun fear.

Or being buried alive for a genuine fear.

I'm the kind of person who... well, the things that have scared me the most have already happened to me. I could go into detail but I'm afraid it may trigger someone. But let's say, I know what it's like to almost die.

Please, pitch in. This may prove to be good research for someone's project!

EDIT: Sorry. Searched for stuff like that like "Afraid" , "Fear" , "Scared"... Nothing came up, sorry for making a pointless thread!

Last edited by Machine Gun Cynic on Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sethlapod555
Survivor
sethlapod555

Current Win Points : 708

PostSubject: Re: What Scares You?   What Scares You? - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 11:26 am

I believe there's a thread on this already.

MOD EDIT: Merged with another topic.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/drstevzious117
Caedeus
Anxious
Caedeus

PostSubject: Re: What Scares You?   What Scares You? - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 3:08 pm

Things that scare me:
1. Falling asleep against my own free will (such as passing out at my desk from lack of rest)
2. Large objects and things submerged under water (especially if it's alive and moving while the background and surrounding area is ominously empty)
3. Needles that still have blood in them.
4. Dark corners of rooms (I used to have some hallucinations as a child thanks to a few mild mental disorders that I still have today but take medication for them)
5. Plastic Wrap.
7. Closets that are just partially ajar.
8. My kitchen at night.
9. Slowly falling into REM Sleep inducing horrific realistic hallucinations.
10. Not being able to fall asleep when I want to.
11. Expressionless Masks (growing up my room had a ton of them, as my grandmother used to paint them but never gave them any expressions. So as a child, falling asleep in my bed I would have about 30 masks staring down at me as they were hung all around the walls as "decorations". This is believed to be what traumatized me into having a mild form of schizophrenia called "Disorganized Schizophrenia")

< Enjoy my list of fears >
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Scares You?   What Scares You? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What Scares You?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Slender Man Series :: Out-of-Game Trailheads-
Jump to: