Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Possible ways to insert Slendy in footage without a costume?

Go down 
+2
TheFallenenvoy
DarkShadows
6 posters
AuthorMessage
DarkShadows
Blackout
DarkShadows

Current Win Points : 32

Possible ways to insert Slendy in footage without a costume? Empty
PostSubject: Possible ways to insert Slendy in footage without a costume?   Possible ways to insert Slendy in footage without a costume? EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 3:01 pm

I have never done any sort of serious filming in my life, so here goes.

Okay, so my bestie and I were goofing off one night and I had a video camera with me. She lives near a park and suggested that we go walk the trail there at night, which we did, and about halfway down the trail I brought up the idea of making a very quick Slenderman found footage video. She agreed and we set about deciding how to do it. Just one problem though - we didn't actually have a costume with us and had no means of creating a quick-and-dirty one. We did proceed to film all of the footage though and looked it over. It seemed pretty good except for the dark quality (we only had a cheap little LED flashlight but I figured I could fix some of the darkness in editing), and I figured I could just add in Slendy later through frame and camera tricks, possibly by slowing the footage I had for the reveal down and overlaying other frames or a still photo?

What I would like to know is if there's any really good way to add our Faceless Friend into previously filmed footage. I can't green screen him in (no green screen) and I don't know if just taking a photo of myself in costume and modifying it to fit between frames or in grainy still photo footage will work. I'm not sure if it'd even possible to overlay the guy into footage to begin with; if it is I'd love to know how and what an ideal program for doing so would be. I have never filmed any sort of Slendervlog or Slenderman anything in my life and am not really sure where to go here. Any suggestions, or am I asking something that probably won't make sense or look good?
Back to top Go down
http://www.wordflow.webs.com
TheFallenenvoy
Watched
TheFallenenvoy

Current Win Points : 98

PostSubject: Re: Possible ways to insert Slendy in footage without a costume?   Possible ways to insert Slendy in footage without a costume? EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 3:40 pm

or you could try to find another for after-effects if that's what you use.
Back to top Go down
DarkShadows
Blackout
DarkShadows

PostSubject: Re: Possible ways to insert Slendy in footage without a costume?   Possible ways to insert Slendy in footage without a costume? EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 6:48 pm

I do not have either. Unless I torrented them, and pirating is wrong, kids.
Back to top Go down
Etreo
Runner
Etreo

Current Win Points : 261

PostSubject: Re: Possible ways to insert Slendy in footage without a costume?   Possible ways to insert Slendy in footage without a costume? EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 6:51 pm

For software or treasure. Somebody has left their chest full of gold on that unusually small islands with one palm tree on it for safekeeping. You digging it up is the same as pilfering a grave for Funeral Shoes and XP.
Back to top Go down
DarkShadows
Blackout
DarkShadows

PostSubject: Re: Possible ways to insert Slendy in footage without a costume?   Possible ways to insert Slendy in footage without a costume? EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 6:55 pm

But I thought software was treasure. D: I HAVE BEEN LIED TO.

By the way, thank you, envoy; I'll keep that technique in mind.
Back to top Go down
Cougar Draven
Stalked
Cougar Draven

Current Win Points : 87

PostSubject: Re: Possible ways to insert Slendy in footage without a costume?   Possible ways to insert Slendy in footage without a costume? EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 12:37 am

I have painted in le Thin Man and heavily added effects to muck it about.
Back to top Go down
http://cougardraven.tumblr.com/
TheFallenenvoy
Watched
TheFallenenvoy

Current Win Points : 98

PostSubject: Re: Possible ways to insert Slendy in footage without a costume?   Possible ways to insert Slendy in footage without a costume? EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 8:31 am

The slenderverse is built on pirated editing programs.

I'm pretty sure only Mr Rosner has a legal copy of anything, and even that's taken from his school Razz
Back to top Go down
Etreo
Runner
Etreo

Current Win Points : 261

PostSubject: Re: Possible ways to insert Slendy in footage without a costume?   Possible ways to insert Slendy in footage without a costume? EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 8:37 am

I have GIMP. Does that count?
Back to top Go down
DarkShadows
Blackout
DarkShadows

PostSubject: Re: Possible ways to insert Slendy in footage without a costume?   Possible ways to insert Slendy in footage without a costume? EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 2:16 pm

GIMP is useful and that was why I was thinking maybe I could somehow superimpose a picture of Slendy into the frames, or overlay it. Right now all I have is Windows Media Maker with an effects expansion pack, Camtasia Studio, Audacity and a shitty video camera. XD

Also I don't want anyone to get in trouble for telling the newbie to go download cracked software. Razz
Back to top Go down
Cougar Draven
Stalked
Cougar Draven

Current Win Points : 87

PostSubject: Re: Possible ways to insert Slendy in footage without a costume?   Possible ways to insert Slendy in footage without a costume? EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 2:32 pm

I don't know if it's officially against the rules, but I generally try to avoid outright discussing the pirating of software. It either happens or it doesn't, and I assume that if you're going to, you can find out how to do so elsewhere, so I restrict myself to what to do once you have the program.

And the thing about GIMP is that if you want to do that (and sure, I guess you could), you need access to individual frames, and in my experience WMM doesn't allow that.
Back to top Go down
http://cougardraven.tumblr.com/
Zephyr_Mal
Untainted
Zephyr_Mal

Current Win Points : 5

PostSubject: Re: Possible ways to insert Slendy in footage without a costume?   Possible ways to insert Slendy in footage without a costume? EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 9:46 pm

I used the free video-editing program Lightworks to create this example:
Possible ways to insert Slendy in footage without a costume? To4eF

First, I inserted this picture from Google Images
Possible ways to insert Slendy in footage without a costume? YxIZn
using the "Image Key" effect. Then changed the size, moved it to behind the railing, and increased the saturation until the overlaid image blended in.

If you want to have more than just one image, or not be forced to use a static shot (no camera movement) each time Slender Man appears, you'll have to go through the video, frame by frame, repositioning the picture each time. It'll take patience, but will hopefully give you the result you're looking for.
Back to top Go down
Packfong
Observer
Packfong

Current Win Points : 8

PostSubject: Re: Possible ways to insert Slendy in footage without a costume?   Possible ways to insert Slendy in footage without a costume? EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 1:15 am

Another option: go to Photobucket, upload the picture you want to put him in, and hit "edit" on the top of the pic and use their editor. Upload a Slendy picture using the menu at the bottom of the editor. Sometims it won't work because it saves and crashes back onto a front page or something, but that's literally how I edit my serious artwork, adding age stains and filters and stuff. It's good for being free and it's a lot of fun to play with. They even have a band effect that makes it look like he's messing with the camera.

Use this model! It's really good:
Possible ways to insert Slendy in footage without a costume? Slende10

This is the first one I've done with the model on Photobucket. Not great but this is what you can edit things to look like:

Possible ways to insert Slendy in footage without a costume? Just_woke_up_by_anke_zu_angband-d2yq42d-1-1-1
Back to top Go down
DarkShadows
Blackout
DarkShadows

PostSubject: Re: Possible ways to insert Slendy in footage without a costume?   Possible ways to insert Slendy in footage without a costume? EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 2:08 am

Static image with heavy distortion's actually just what I need. :3 I can add more distortion and noise as needed after I get the image in there.

I'll look into Lightworks, it sounds very useful, Zephyr. And I'll try playing around in GIMP, Photobucket, etc. to see what kind of effects I can get, too. Thanks for all the replies by the way, they're really helpful and could be stuff I can use in the future should I shoot a vlog, fanfilm, etc. Hopefully next time I shoot something though, I'll actually have my (pretty damn good actually) Slenderman costume from Halloween available for use. XD

UPDATE: I have finished the short found footage film I made, and I'm hoping to be able to get you guys a link to it when my seven-day timer runs out. That should hopefully be this Thursday or Friday, so I'm hoping to give you guys a glimpse of my first visual foray into SlenderMedia soon, along with some of my written work... I'd love to know what you guys think and get some critiquing from you to help make me a better SlenderAuthor.

UPDATE 2: The film is up here if you would like to see it. Thanks again for the help. Smile

Last edited by DarkShadows on Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:49 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Updating on the short film.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Possible ways to insert Slendy in footage without a costume?   Possible ways to insert Slendy in footage without a costume? Empty

Back to top Go down

Possible ways to insert Slendy in footage without a costume?
Page 1 of 1