Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

A Few Questions for those Wanting a New Slenderseries

Go down 
+10
level100nidoking
BananaBrains
DKaine
Hooligan Spirit
quofomo
Packfong
DarkShadows
Etreo
BravoBismuth
PopcornBagels
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
DarkShadows
Blackout
DarkShadows

Current Win Points : 32

A Few Questions for those Wanting a New Slenderseries - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Few Questions for those Wanting a New Slenderseries   A Few Questions for those Wanting a New Slenderseries - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 5:49 pm

Slendy always looks both graceful and classy. It's the suit, right? Chicks dig the suit. XD

Though seriously, I've always liked the idea of blending grace with brutality, and there's something very uniquely, darkly, and eerily beautiful about Slendy's frame. Maybe that's just because in my head-canon I tend to see Slendy as very flexible, fluid, and slow-moving, almost ponderous in his motions if and when he does choose to move, proof-positive that you really don't need to be the fastest hunter or the quickest attacker to get your prey... Of course, he certainly can attack inhumanly quickly if he so desires, but why unleash such speed if it's unnecessary or he's not being attacked himself or something? Why waste the energy on quick attacks when it's much more fun/interesting to slowly wear one's prey down? Much like a snake that injects a time-reactive venom to kill its prey, the Slenderman can afford to be patient. Sure its prey is much quicker than it, but it has all the time in the world to wear its prey down into being so exhausted and afraid they can't run anymore. All it has to do is remind its prey it's around.

And honestly, Packfong, I had a bit of the same problem with EMH. The other part? TOO much ARG, and I came in late.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wordflow.webs.com
DKaine
Anxious
DKaine

Current Win Points : 16

PostSubject: Re: A Few Questions for those Wanting a New Slenderseries   A Few Questions for those Wanting a New Slenderseries - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 9:19 pm

PopcornBagels wrote:
1. Do you believe that YouTube is just too full of POV/foundfootage Slenderman shows? Personally, I feel that POV makes the story much more personal and realistic (yeah, realistic) and really puts you right in the action. The only problem I have with POV stuff is when creators don't find a good reason for the character to have a camera on them at all times. Although I prefer POV, "Proxy: A Slenderman Story" was a great example of a fixed-camera setup.

2. Speaking of proxies, how do you all feel about those? Burned out yet? (They're even more prominent than the number of Slendy shows!)

3. How would you feel about Creepypasta crossovers? Maybe seeing or hearing references to Smile.dog, the Rake, etc? I was sad to see EverymanHYBRID beat me to a Rake crossover, but if I could do it right, and in a believable way, I wouldn't have any problem with including the Rake in my own show.

4. Should the show stay strictly on YouTube, or do you find the ARG aspect of current shows to be really appealing? I like the ARG qualities of current shows, but when antagonists start coming up on Twitter talking to the character, that's when it kind of puts me off. Even proxy videos put me off sometimes, even if they are creepy as ef.

5. Now for the real question: tentacles or no tentacles, hmmm?

1 "POV") POV/FF is the only way to go. Without a proxy, you really can't do anything third person or stationary without a good deal of work incorporating it into the storyline. Anything that feels too planned or convenient can seriously work against immersion.

2 "Proxies") Proxies are good, but should be consistent. I don't like when I have to guess whether Slender or the Proxy/ies are the main antagonist. Each should have a defined role.

3 "Crossovers") A direct reference to something may grate on the audience's immersion, especially if what you're referencing isn't as deeply rooted in myth as Slender is. If you can do it seamlessly, it would be worth a shot. If it feels forced, it can take a toll on your videos.

4 "ARG") I don't really like ARGs intertwined with the video series. I came to the game late and felt like I was missing a LOT from EMH and CNS. I was able to follow along, but it wasn't as fun. ARGs are great for those that come along at the right time and can follow along/participate, but slowpokes like me will feel lost.

5 "Tentacles") Yes. Don't include them everywhere, but have them mean something. Also, take the time to do them well. Be careful with motion, scale, perspective, etc. One scene that really got me was the airplane scene in TT, and the tentacles really made it. The other times, they just felt superfluous.

This is all just my opinion, of course. No matter what you do, there are going to be people who love it and people who hate it. Focus on the people who love it.
Back to top Go down
Etreo
Runner
Etreo

Current Win Points : 261

PostSubject: Re: A Few Questions for those Wanting a New Slenderseries   A Few Questions for those Wanting a New Slenderseries - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 11:33 am

DKaine, everything you said is good. However, might wanna stop referring to ol' faceless as 'Slender'. Here is a list of other names:
Code:
Slendy, The Pale One, The Birch King, The Operator, The Wicked Gentleman, STRANGER, Ash, Fossil-Type BIRCHMAN, Faceless, The Thin White Duke, The Rawboned Man, The Jabberwock, Willow, Master, The Product, The Being, Der Ritter, The Angel of Death, The Entity, Tall, Pale, and Faceless, Old Mister Gaunt, King Crimson, The Tall Man, Timor Lignoum Homo, Subject Tango Whiskey Delta, PRE01.
Just not Slender. Still love you though.
Back to top Go down
DKaine
Anxious
DKaine

Current Win Points : 16

PostSubject: Re: A Few Questions for those Wanting a New Slenderseries   A Few Questions for those Wanting a New Slenderseries - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 1:58 pm

So any of those names, but just not Slender? Interesting. I'll fix my heathen ways henceforth, but is there a particular reason for not using that particular name?
Back to top Go down
BananaBrains
Taken
BananaBrains

Current Win Points : 270

PostSubject: Re: A Few Questions for those Wanting a New Slenderseries   A Few Questions for those Wanting a New Slenderseries - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 2:07 pm

DKaine wrote:
So any of those names, but just not Slender? Interesting. I'll fix my heathen ways henceforth, but is there a particular reason for not using that particular name?

Because it has never been called "Slender" alone. That's just not its name. It is the title of a game based on the concept of the Slender Man, and nothing more. The game =/= the creature, and it's a topic that I'm sure many members of this site can get quite impassioned about.
Back to top Go down
level100nidoking
Stalked
level100nidoking

Current Win Points : 66

PostSubject: Re: A Few Questions for those Wanting a New Slenderseries   A Few Questions for those Wanting a New Slenderseries - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 4:36 pm

Yes to everything except ARG. In my opinion, ARGs make it harder for newer viewers to start watching the series.
Back to top Go down
http://mrsaturnjr.com/
Tigerhallam
Untainted
Tigerhallam

Current Win Points : 1

PostSubject: Re: A Few Questions for those Wanting a New Slenderseries   A Few Questions for those Wanting a New Slenderseries - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 5:02 pm

PopcornBagels wrote:

1. Do you believe that YouTube is just too full of POV/foundfootage Slenderman shows?

The camera problem annoys me.

2. Speaking of proxies, how do you all feel about those? Burned out yet? (They're even more prominent than the number of Slendy shows!)

Proxies are alright, if they're not done over the top. Proxies with slight abilities and Slendy's protection is okay, but pyrokinetic and omniscient Proxies? No.

3. How would you feel about Creepypasta crossovers? Maybe seeing or hearing references to Smile.dog, the Rake, etc? I was sad to see EverymanHYBRID beat me to a Rake crossover, but if I could do it right, and in a believable way, I wouldn't have any problem with including the Rake in my own show.

Done well, this is enjoyable.

4. Should the show stay strictly on YouTube, or do you find the ARG aspect of current shows to be really appealing? I like the ARG qualities of current shows, but when antagonists start coming up on Twitter talking to the character, that's when it kind of puts me off. Even proxy videos put me off sometimes, even if they are creepy as ef.

*shrugs* It's up to you.

5. Now for the real question: tentacles or no tentacles, hmmm?

Tentacles, but not huge great octopus things.

Back to top Go down
InkBlots
Untainted
InkBlots

Current Win Points : 1

PostSubject: Re: A Few Questions for those Wanting a New Slenderseries   A Few Questions for those Wanting a New Slenderseries - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 20, 2013 10:00 am

I personally plan on doing an ARG, but I would be careful with it. No over-the-top stuff.
Back to top Go down
PointlessTest
Observer

Current Win Points : 59

PostSubject: Re: A Few Questions for those Wanting a New Slenderseries   A Few Questions for those Wanting a New Slenderseries - Page 2 EmptyWed May 29, 2013 5:32 pm

To answer the "real question" I would love to see someone pull of some badass tentacles, but I have yet to see it done well. They are always just waving in the air and not really doing anything. No if they could impale a humans chest that would be another thing completely Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sethlapod555
Survivor
sethlapod555

Current Win Points : 708

PostSubject: Re: A Few Questions for those Wanting a New Slenderseries   A Few Questions for those Wanting a New Slenderseries - Page 2 EmptyWed May 29, 2013 5:37 pm

This thread has had no reply for over 60 days, so we deem those kinds of threads dead around here.

MOD EDIT: Locked.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/drstevzious117
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Few Questions for those Wanting a New Slenderseries   A Few Questions for those Wanting a New Slenderseries - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Few Questions for those Wanting a New Slenderseries
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2