Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Slender in REAL LIFE!!!

Go down 
+2
Etreo
S0NlC1
6 posters
AuthorMessage
S0NlC1
Untainted

Current Win Points : 0

Slender in REAL LIFE!!! Empty
PostSubject: Slender in REAL LIFE!!!   Slender in REAL LIFE!!! EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 8:08 pm

www . youtube . com/watch?v=XFxtI5rjecs
(I Cannot post any links here since I am new, so could an administrator please fix this link)

Enjoy, and please share the video, as I put a lot of hard work into it Smile
Back to top Go down
Etreo
Runner
Etreo

Current Win Points : 261

PostSubject: Re: Slender in REAL LIFE!!!   Slender in REAL LIFE!!! EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 8:22 pm

Let.
This.
Game.
Fucking.
Die.

I can't take anymore "L0oK GuYzz SLenDEr irL!!!" threads. It was tolerable in July, when the game went big because everyone was doing it. It was a fad. It's over now. This idea is not original, noteworthy or even entertaining. There's no story to be told, no characters to get to know, no world to get lost in. You've stuck some paper to a tree to get about 50 subscribers from the fucktards who post lo-fi photos of trees to Instagram 24/7 because "omg so scary!!!"

It's not.
I think I speak for a large portion of us when I say that we do not care. We do not want you advertising here, and we are not going to go along with your pathetic game of self-glorification. Just because you can exploit a formula that everyone else can, and does, doesn't make it right. It's like home-brewing Tesco Value cola. There is no point.

If you don't intend to join the community, please do not post again. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
S0NlC1
Untainted

PostSubject: Re: Slender in REAL LIFE!!!   Slender in REAL LIFE!!! EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 8:23 pm

Sad
Back to top Go down
DarkShadows
Blackout
DarkShadows

Current Win Points : 32

PostSubject: Re: Slender in REAL LIFE!!!   Slender in REAL LIFE!!! EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 8:38 pm

Welcome to the Slender Nation. The reason you can't post links, SonIc1, is because apparently SN had an issue with plug-and-runners in the past. Might I suggest you post a thread here to get known? :3

What the Hell, I'll watch this. And to be honest, I'll probably be a lot nicer to you than some people here would because apparently I'm the fluffy one around here. XD

My opinions?

Not honestly the best take on this type of video I've ever seen, although you did have some cool places to hide notes so props for that I guess.

There weren't enough static/distortion effects - in the game he does that even from a distance, remember? Why only an itsy-bitsy bit of it when he got your character at the end? He should be screwing the camera up nine ways until Saturday at that point.

Slendy could have looked better; everyone's done the morphsuit version because it's easy and he seemed too short here, but he's not the most godawful Slendy I've ever seen. Why was his tie so loose around his neck? He looked sloppy.

The pages were done well, although next time I'd suggest aging the paper more or using lined yellow paper.

Why the Hell didn't your character RUN when he saw Slendy? If I were walking in the woods and saw him I'd run like Hell. So how come your character kept slowly walking away like nothing's wrong? I got the impression s/he was used to seeing creepy faceless suit-wearing things in the forest like that happened every damn day. Where was the fear? In real life wouldn't this character be scared?

And sorry, but Etreo's right - this is long past overdone, dead, buried, reincarnated, and finished. The fad's over. There's no more mileage to be gained here. You really want to impress Slenderfans? Do something of your own design instead of slavishly copying a dead formula. This... well, I just don't get the impression that this took a lot of creativity to do. I don't feel like you put much thought into this and that's disheartening to see when it comes to Our Slender Friend. :c

Look, I admire the fact you went to all this trouble to make a video, and I'm sure you did work hard on this, but if you're going to add to the hundreds of Slender vids out there... you really need to do better than this. I'm sorry. Maybe it's just that I and many other Slenderman fans have seen this so many times, but this one just failed to impress me, either as a fan of that game or as a fan of the Mythos. Sorry. :c

I'd like to see if you couldn't tell your own story, maybe look at some vlogs for inspiration. I have a feeling you aren't really understanding the true point of what makes Slenderman and games like Slender scary, and I know you're new here, so I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and say you did an alright job for what this is. I'm also really nice, so I'll give you this link to Marble Hornets on Youtube just in case you aren't that Mythos-savvy.

And Etreo. Bro. Chill out. Take a deep breath and relax, go watch some DH00 or something. Here, have a cool-down hug. *hugs* It's okay. I know it's frustrating. But it's going to be okay.

Last edited by DarkShadows on Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.wordflow.webs.com
S0NlC1
Untainted

PostSubject: Re: Slender in REAL LIFE!!!   Slender in REAL LIFE!!! EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 8:41 pm

thanks for the comment DarkShadows Wink
Back to top Go down
BananaBrains
Taken
BananaBrains

Current Win Points : 270

PostSubject: Re: Slender in REAL LIFE!!!   Slender in REAL LIFE!!! EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 8:55 pm

MOD EDIT: Topic moved to appropriate subforum.

This is not a continuing fictional Slenderseries, therefore it does not go in the "Video Series Trailheads" subforum.

Also, a one-word post (or in your case, a one-emoticon post) is considered spam on this forum. If you post, please have an actual comment to make.
Back to top Go down
level100nidoking
Stalked
level100nidoking

Current Win Points : 66

PostSubject: Re: Slender in REAL LIFE!!!   Slender in REAL LIFE!!! EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 9:00 pm

WHY ARE WE STILL TALKING ABOUT SLENDER

CAN'T YOU SEE IT WANTS TO DIE
Back to top Go down
http://mrsaturnjr.com/
DarkShadows
Blackout
DarkShadows

PostSubject: Re: Slender in REAL LIFE!!!   Slender in REAL LIFE!!! EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 9:07 pm

I can see the need to end it all in its eyes, level100nidoking. It's crying "help me" in the most pitiful voice imaginable. :c
Back to top Go down
Etreo
Runner
Etreo

PostSubject: Re: Slender in REAL LIFE!!!   Slender in REAL LIFE!!! EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 9:26 pm

I stand by my statement that Slender wants to die. But I'm sorry for flipping out, that was uncalled for.
Back to top Go down
S0NlC1
Untainted

PostSubject: Re: Slender in REAL LIFE!!!   Slender in REAL LIFE!!! EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 9:29 pm

Ok, I will no longer do slender videos. I did not know about this Laughing
Back to top Go down
Etreo
Runner
Etreo

PostSubject: Re: Slender in REAL LIFE!!!   Slender in REAL LIFE!!! EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 9:39 pm

No! Fuck, no. Don't stop creating! I was in a pissy mood earlier, ignore the post! Please!

I didn't want to turn you off from creating stuff. All I'm saying is, that format has been tried and tested, and it's completely flat now. Join the community properly, get to know some of the actual Slender experts that we have floating about and learn from them. Shadow has already given you tips, and you could learn more if you just joined up. Learn for a month or so, then get back out there and make a kickass Slendy video next time. Just... Don't let what I said stop you doing what you love. I shouldn't have gone overboard like that, I screwed up. I really am sorry. It wasn't right.

Last edited by Etreo on Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
S0NlC1
Untainted

PostSubject: Re: Slender in REAL LIFE!!!   Slender in REAL LIFE!!! EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 9:40 pm

I wont stop creating, I will just stop creating Slender videos, and continue with my gaming/tech vids Wink
Back to top Go down
Etreo
Runner
Etreo

PostSubject: Re: Slender in REAL LIFE!!!   Slender in REAL LIFE!!! EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 9:45 pm

Can you read the edit please? I'm not rewriting that.
Back to top Go down
S0NlC1
Untainted

PostSubject: Re: Slender in REAL LIFE!!!   Slender in REAL LIFE!!! EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 9:46 pm

thanks bro Smile
Back to top Go down
Etreo
Runner
Etreo

PostSubject: Re: Slender in REAL LIFE!!!   Slender in REAL LIFE!!! EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 9:48 pm

Create an intro thread, and we'll start over. Pretty please. I'm sorry again. Forgiveness?
Back to top Go down
S0NlC1
Untainted

PostSubject: Re: Slender in REAL LIFE!!!   Slender in REAL LIFE!!! EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 9:51 pm

I forgive you Smile
Back to top Go down
Etreo
Runner
Etreo

PostSubject: Re: Slender in REAL LIFE!!!   Slender in REAL LIFE!!! EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 9:52 pm

Good times. Get your ass over to the SN community subforum. See you over there.
Back to top Go down
DarkShadows
Blackout
DarkShadows

PostSubject: Re: Slender in REAL LIFE!!!   Slender in REAL LIFE!!! EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 10:22 pm

Aww I got people to make up. ^w^

... Maybe I really am the fluffy one here... O.o

... I-I'm scared... what am I? WHAT AM I?! D:
Back to top Go down
Etreo
Runner
Etreo

PostSubject: Re: Slender in REAL LIFE!!!   Slender in REAL LIFE!!! EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 10:28 pm

I took 40 minutes out to watch MLP, so I think that contributed too. But I don't want to steal your thunder, so you can be fluttershy.
Back to top Go down
level100nidoking
Stalked
level100nidoking

Current Win Points : 66

PostSubject: Re: Slender in REAL LIFE!!!   Slender in REAL LIFE!!! EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 3:23 am

DarkShadows wrote:
I can see the need to end it all in its eyes, level100nidoking. It's crying "help me" in the most pitiful voice imaginable. :c

Slender wrote:
Every moment I live is agony. Kill me. It hurts to live
Back to top Go down
http://mrsaturnjr.com/
sethlapod555
Survivor
sethlapod555

Current Win Points : 708

PostSubject: Re: Slender in REAL LIFE!!!   Slender in REAL LIFE!!! EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 10:12 am

I really don't think it's the game that's the problem; it's the new fans of the Mythos that come from the game that think they know everything about Slender Man lore solely by knowledge of the game. It's no reason to hate the game for it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/drstevzious117
Etreo
Runner
Etreo

PostSubject: Re: Slender in REAL LIFE!!!   Slender in REAL LIFE!!! EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 12:17 pm

I genuinely didn't enjoy the game though. I didn't think it was very good. I did like SCP Contaunment Breach, I think partially because it actually had a story but still managed to be scary...
Back to top Go down
sethlapod555
Survivor
sethlapod555

Current Win Points : 708

PostSubject: Re: Slender in REAL LIFE!!!   Slender in REAL LIFE!!! EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 2:06 pm

Etreo wrote:
I genuinely didn't enjoy the game though. I didn't think it was very good. I did like SCP Contaunment Breach, I think partially because it actually had a story but still managed to be scary...

Well yeah that's a general opinion on the game which is okay. It's not that good in my opinion either. I was stating the whole "new fans" issue.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/drstevzious117
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slender in REAL LIFE!!!   Slender in REAL LIFE!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Slender in REAL LIFE!!!
Page 1 of 1