Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Opinions on Crossover Blogs?

Go down 
+4
BananaBrains
Hooligan Spirit
BravoBismuth
GrayDragonEmily
8 posters
AuthorMessage
GrayDragonEmily
Untainted
GrayDragonEmily

Current Win Points : 1

Opinions on Crossover Blogs? Empty
PostSubject: Opinions on Crossover Blogs?   Opinions on Crossover Blogs? EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 12:28 am

So, I am thinking about writing a blog. First, I would like to hear some opinions on blogs that involve both Slender Man and another fandom. So, what do you think? Good idea? Bad idea? Or can they go either way?
Back to top Go down
http://www.illusiathezoroark.wordpress.com
BravoBismuth
Observer

Current Win Points : 13

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Crossover Blogs?   Opinions on Crossover Blogs? EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 12:45 am

Define "fandom". Another creepypasta? Or another thing altogether, like Slender Man meets Gargoyles?

I'm fine with Slendy playing with another creepypasta monster, so long as it's handled well. An "outside" crossover would have to be handled and written exquisitely for me to take it at all seriously, I think.

Edit: Dang it, now I really want to watch Gargoyles again...
Back to top Go down
GrayDragonEmily
Untainted
GrayDragonEmily

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Crossover Blogs?   Opinions on Crossover Blogs? EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 1:49 am

I mean an outside crossover. I will be sure to put my best effort into it.
Back to top Go down
Hooligan Spirit
Anxious
Hooligan Spirit

Current Win Points : 11

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Crossover Blogs?   Opinions on Crossover Blogs? EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 1:54 am

It depends on what fandom you're gonna crossover with, but generally I'd I agree with BravoBismuth in that it'd have to be done very well for me to take it seriously.

What fandom are you thinking of, if I might ask?
Back to top Go down
GrayDragonEmily
Untainted
GrayDragonEmily

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Crossover Blogs?   Opinions on Crossover Blogs? EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 1:56 am

The fandom I'm thinking of is something some of you may think less of me for.
Back to top Go down
BravoBismuth
Observer

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Crossover Blogs?   Opinions on Crossover Blogs? EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 2:12 am

Well, now I'm just super curious.
Back to top Go down
GrayDragonEmily
Untainted
GrayDragonEmily

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Crossover Blogs?   Opinions on Crossover Blogs? EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 2:23 am

OK. The fandom is Pokémon (the games.) I just thought it had potential, especially since the games are slowly getting darker.

Edit: Also, many creepypastas have been written about it. In addition to that, I think having a few glitch Pokémon involved would be fun.
Back to top Go down
BravoBismuth
Observer

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Crossover Blogs?   Opinions on Crossover Blogs? EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 2:35 am

Oh my god...

Oh my god.
I can actually see something great coming out of that. Terribly disturbing, but potentially great.
Like the most tragic and mind-shattering Nuzlocke run ever.

It would absolutely not be immersive, but a good story could come out of it.
Back to top Go down
BananaBrains
Taken
BananaBrains

Current Win Points : 270

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Crossover Blogs?   Opinions on Crossover Blogs? EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 3:02 am

I don't think people are going to think less of you for that, in fact, we've got plenty of Pokemon fans around here (myself included).

I've seen Pokemon-based creepypasta before, but I'm all kinds of intrigued as to how Slenderman could work into that :3
Back to top Go down
BravoBismuth
Observer

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Crossover Blogs?   Opinions on Crossover Blogs? EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 3:48 am

It could go very much like an ordinary Slenderstory, but this time the kids have some manner of fighting back (their pokemon) and also more to lose (again, their pokemon).

But how effective would pokemon even be? I mean, some of them are like gods -- hell, one of them is God -- but they can still be taken down by ordinary 'mons. How would an eldritch abomination from a different universe fit in?

Would he himself be a pokemon? What type? What moves? Ability?

I'm beginning to think I could really get behind this idea.
Back to top Go down
GrayDragonEmily
Untainted
GrayDragonEmily

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Crossover Blogs?   Opinions on Crossover Blogs? EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 4:43 am

Actually, I plan on the protagonist being a Pokémon herself. Would Slender Man go after a wild Pokémon that is seeking him out and/or knows a lot about him?
Back to top Go down
Etreo
Runner
Etreo

Current Win Points : 261

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Crossover Blogs?   Opinions on Crossover Blogs? EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 4:54 am

If you re-interpreted Slendy as Shaymin, I would love you forever.
Back to top Go down
DarkShadows
Blackout
DarkShadows

Current Win Points : 32

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Crossover Blogs?   Opinions on Crossover Blogs? EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 5:46 pm

At first I thought this was gonna be a thread about blogs crossing over with other blogs (which in my opinion is just like with vlogs - okay, but don't cross over for dumb reasons or cross over with a billion other stories). But then I saw the actual content.

Oh my God. I can't believe someone is actually doing this.

Because I have wanted to see Pokemon crossed over with the Mythos for a long, long time.

I would read the Hell out of this blog.

And I don't even Slenderblog or read many Slenderblogs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wordflow.webs.com
BravoBismuth
Observer

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Crossover Blogs?   Opinions on Crossover Blogs? EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 6:01 pm

GrayDragonEmily wrote:
Actually, I plan on the protagonist being a Pokémon herself. Would Slender Man go after a wild Pokémon that is seeking him out and/or knows a lot about him?

So more like a Mystery Dungeon kind of thing? I guess it could work. I mean, pokemon are said to be quite intelligent, so why wouldn't Slendy go after one that knows too much?
Back to top Go down
TheFallenenvoy
Watched
TheFallenenvoy

Current Win Points : 98

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Crossover Blogs?   Opinions on Crossover Blogs? EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 8:58 pm

slenderman and battletoads
Back to top Go down
Mashuga31
Untainted
Mashuga31

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Crossover Blogs?   Opinions on Crossover Blogs? EmptySun Jan 27, 2013 11:16 pm

I always encourage a good crossover. I've read different crossover fics between separate fandoms (Example: My Little Pony + Silent Hill = Silent Ponyville) and always look forward to more being thrown into the mix. This has my approval. And I'm kind of anxious to hear more about it. ^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Opinions on Crossover Blogs?   Opinions on Crossover Blogs? Empty

Back to top Go down

Opinions on Crossover Blogs?
Page 1 of 1