Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Marble Hornets Movie Announced

Go down 
+17
TheArmadaBledd
Yuuasou
GeorgePenn
Etreo
SalvatoreHaran
awkwardraptor
sethlapod555
Tundra
AlkerStay
NearTheEnd
Riddle
TailsFoxy
jcareyphoto
Misteh
Dr. Squirtle
goomba771
MadameMiz
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MadameMiz
Watched
MadameMiz

Current Win Points : 114

Marble Hornets Movie Announced Empty
PostSubject: Marble Hornets Movie Announced   Marble Hornets Movie Announced EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 1:09 am

I'm sure some of you have heard this already, but I'm not seeing anything on this site: Marble Hornets has apparently scored a movie deal. Like, a big screen movie deal. This has been confirmed by Troy and Tim, so it seems to be legit.

Not much to go on right now aside from this article. Troy has said that he, Tim, and Joseph are involved, though he can't disclose the extent of their involvement at this time.

What are your thoughts, SN?
Back to top Go down
http://madamemiz.tumblr.com
goomba771
Watched
goomba771

Current Win Points : 88

PostSubject: Re: Marble Hornets Movie Announced   Marble Hornets Movie Announced EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 1:11 am

I think it's fucking amazing (excuse my language) but honestly, I will pay any price to go to that movie. I can finally make my parents watch MH, and not have them complain about staring at a computer screen or a Tablet. I honestly can't wait. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/goomba771
Dr. Squirtle
Watched
Dr. Squirtle

Current Win Points : 119

PostSubject: Re: Marble Hornets Movie Announced   Marble Hornets Movie Announced EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 1:16 am

OH GOD WHY. HOLLYWOOD HAS CLAIMED ANOTHER VICTIM.

d
Back to top Go down
Misteh
Admin
Misteh

Current Win Points : 10

PostSubject: Re: Marble Hornets Movie Announced   Marble Hornets Movie Announced EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 1:25 am

Marble Hornets Movie Announced Tumblr_mfq9fiqZiZ1ryzvxro1_400
And it was this day of learning said information that the Manly Man Misty shed a single Man Tear.
The people caught this tear in a box and buried it at Earths very core. Such is the legend of one of Manly Man Misty's mythical Man Tears.
Back to top Go down
jcareyphoto
Untainted

Current Win Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Marble Hornets Movie Announced   Marble Hornets Movie Announced EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 2:19 am

wait, its "their" movie, but they aren't writing, producing, or directing it? so it's "inspired by" a webseries that was inspired by a photoshop contest entry? im confused.
Back to top Go down
TailsFoxy
Slendervet
TailsFoxy

Current Win Points : 424

PostSubject: Re: Marble Hornets Movie Announced   Marble Hornets Movie Announced EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 2:37 am

Misteh wrote:
Marble Hornets Movie Announced Tumblr_mfq9fiqZiZ1ryzvxro1_400
And it was this day of learning said information that the Manly Man Misty shed a single Man Tear.
The people caught this tear in a box and buried it at Earths very core. Such is the legend of one of Manly Man Misty's mythical Man Tears.

Wow when even the manly man Misty sheds a tear, then i should cry too? Sad
Back to top Go down
http://slenderman.de
Riddle
Watched
Riddle

Current Win Points : 212

PostSubject: Re: Marble Hornets Movie Announced   Marble Hornets Movie Announced EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 2:41 am

Awesome. I feel so happy for Troy, Joseph and Tim. They've worked so hard and done this exceptional and productive series, that has inspired many to start their own project. If a book, movie, video, musical or a web series does that to other people - it's good and seriously inspiring.

And now they're given the opportunity to go on big screen. These boys are really earned it. I can't wait to see it and hear more about it. And pray and hope it would get in theaters here as well. Hear me out Finnkino!

Last edited by Riddle on Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/fuckingoyster
NearTheEnd
Blackout
NearTheEnd

Current Win Points : 217

PostSubject: Re: Marble Hornets Movie Announced   Marble Hornets Movie Announced EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 3:26 am

This is all I'm going to say about it:
Good for the MH gang. They're getting money.
I, however, am unhappy.
Back to top Go down
http://rach-quit.tumblr.com
AlkerStay
Observer
AlkerStay

Current Win Points : 30

PostSubject: Re: Marble Hornets Movie Announced   Marble Hornets Movie Announced EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 3:36 am

Dr.Squirtle wrote:
OH GOD WHY. HOLLYWOOD HAS CLAIMED ANOTHER VICTIM.

d

I don't want MH to go mainstream thats why I like it because its not mainstream everyone we need to protest
Back to top Go down
Tundra
Watched
Tundra

Current Win Points : 271

PostSubject: Re: Marble Hornets Movie Announced   Marble Hornets Movie Announced EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 4:55 am

Yea well, good for them really.

But it's not like I feel like I want to see this on a big screen. Doesn't have the same feeling like all of it is happening for real like it is when it's just on youtube etc.

Oh dear...

(Also the article sure is confusing. Should be nice to know what the boys are doing on the film, since they don't write/produce etc. And since it's inspired by MH what it's really going to be....)
Back to top Go down
sethlapod555
Survivor
sethlapod555

Current Win Points : 708

PostSubject: Re: Marble Hornets Movie Announced   Marble Hornets Movie Announced EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 7:36 am

I don't feel good about this at all.

I'm not trying to sound like a worried hipster right now, but if Slender Man hits the mainstream, he'll lose his terrifying charm. Words from Adam Rosner:

"The fun part of Slender Man is the mystery, and the mystery lies in the unknown. What a big name movie does is make itself KNOWN to as people as it possibly can, and the mystery turns from a long fuse into a short one. That's how I see it. Where Slender appealed to the internet / gaming crowd, a big budget Slender Man movie will get the movie crowd / MAINstream crowd / more internet attention / Merch fuckery aka Hot Topic..."

I really don't want any of this to happen. I just was Marble Hornets to stay a legendary webseries. That's it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/drstevzious117
awkwardraptor
Escaped
awkwardraptor

Current Win Points : 478

PostSubject: Re: Marble Hornets Movie Announced   Marble Hornets Movie Announced EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 10:33 am

Don't get me wrong, I mean I'm happy for them and everything, but usually when a popular webseries hits the big screen, it just, you know ends up sucking.

I mean I'm excited to see what happens with this, but at the same time, I know that there is a VERY HIGH possibility of it just not delivering. I mean, remember what happened with Fred?

(p.s. Don't take this as me comparing Fred to Marble Hornets, Fred was terrible from the beginning, and always will be terrible. Marble Hornets was awesome from the beginning, and hopefully always will be awesome.)
Back to top Go down
Dr. Squirtle
Watched
Dr. Squirtle

PostSubject: Re: Marble Hornets Movie Announced   Marble Hornets Movie Announced EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 11:18 am

At least it wasn't TribeTwelve...
Back to top Go down
Riddle
Watched
Riddle

Current Win Points : 212

PostSubject: Re: Marble Hornets Movie Announced   Marble Hornets Movie Announced EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 11:57 am

I still don't believe that a movie would make MH mainstream. A lot of people have already found it (with 57,310,630 video views and all) and a lot of people still will. As a genre, horror will never really be mainstream. It's not just meant to be.

And I don't think they're really trying to make a super popular award winning film. I'd assume (and hope) that they watched the series and liked it. But for sure they looked at the number of the video views. Because there's an audience for a movie, then you can make one. Simple?

So some will see the movie and some will find the mythos, fandom and community behind it. Few might really get into fandom and the community starts growing. I don't think the effect will be too huge or anything, but something like this could happen after the movie release. But having new fans isn't still making MH or anything mainstream.

If the movie turns out to be good, I think it'll represent Slender Man / the mythos / etc. in a better light than Pewdiepie. (Nothing against Pewdie though~)

Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/fuckingoyster
SalvatoreHaran
Watched
SalvatoreHaran

Current Win Points : 73

PostSubject: Re: Marble Hornets Movie Announced   Marble Hornets Movie Announced EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 12:01 pm

It better have Troy, Joseph, and Tim writing, directing, etc. cause I don't trust anyone else with Marble Hornets.
Back to top Go down
http://salvatoreharan.tumblr.com/
Etreo
Runner
Etreo

Current Win Points : 261

PostSubject: Re: Marble Hornets Movie Announced   Marble Hornets Movie Announced EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 12:23 pm

Quote :
Mosaic is producing the film along with Kirill Baru and John Zaozirny.
I don't know about John Zaozirny, but Kirill Baru does work on Marble Hornets now. I think he's the artisitic director, and he plays the Slenderman. It's all in the MH Credits on TroyHasACamera. I am actually looking forward to this, I have faith in the studio, they're getting an established director in and a good production team. Or maybe I'm just optimistic after the last Slendy movie. Either way, I'm expecting good things.
Back to top Go down
GeorgePenn
Taken
GeorgePenn

Current Win Points : 52

PostSubject: Re: Marble Hornets Movie Announced   Marble Hornets Movie Announced EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 12:40 pm

An interesting turn of events for sure.
Back to top Go down
Yuuasou
Untainted
Yuuasou

Current Win Points : 14

PostSubject: Re: Marble Hornets Movie Announced   Marble Hornets Movie Announced EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 2:48 pm

I'll be honest, I don't like the idea of Marble Hornets having a movie. I like Marble Hornets because it's not that mainstream. Another reason is, I don't want Hollywood to screw it up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.marblehornetsmonday.tumblr.com
TheArmadaBledd
Anxious
TheArmadaBledd

Current Win Points : 8

PostSubject: Re: Marble Hornets Movie Announced   Marble Hornets Movie Announced EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 4:46 pm

I get the bad feeling the extent of their involvement will go so far as endorsing it. If they're not writing, acting, directing... then it's not really Marble Hornets. It's Hollywood having less creativity than any other vlogger/blogger in the 'verse. In short, props on getting your cash, MH boys, but I'm so sorry to see it happen. All I hear is a cash register swinging shut and the sound of yet another disappointment involving the 'verse, right up there with the game Slender and all of its increasingly disappointing derivatives.
Back to top Go down
Etreo
Runner
Etreo

PostSubject: Re: Marble Hornets Movie Announced   Marble Hornets Movie Announced EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 6:01 pm

The guys may not be in it, but it does hav the same writer and producer. So I Hold out hope.
Back to top Go down
Lumine
Observer
Lumine

Current Win Points : 39

PostSubject: Re: Marble Hornets Movie Announced   Marble Hornets Movie Announced EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 6:09 pm

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/roballencomber
Etreo
Runner
Etreo

PostSubject: Re: Marble Hornets Movie Announced   Marble Hornets Movie Announced EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 7:36 pm

I didn't even think about the fandom-tards. Oh god. "Inspired by Slender". I can imagine nothing worse in the whole of existence.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Squirtle
Watched
Dr. Squirtle

PostSubject: Re: Marble Hornets Movie Announced   Marble Hornets Movie Announced EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 8:40 pm

Etreo wrote:
I didn't even think about the fandom-tards. Oh god. "Inspired by Slender". I can imagine nothing worse in the whole of existence.

Oh god.... I can visualize what that would be like.

"Ey bro, did you see the new Slender movie?"
"Ya bro, I heard it was inspired by the game."
Back to top Go down
Etreo
Runner
Etreo

PostSubject: Re: Marble Hornets Movie Announced   Marble Hornets Movie Announced EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 8:45 pm

Dr.Squirtle wrote:
Etreo wrote:

Oh god.... I can visualize what that would be like.

"Ey bro, did you see the new Slender movie?"
"Ya bro, I heard it was inspired by the game."

It sounds trivial, but it would be like a bullet to the kidney of the fandom.
Back to top Go down
SalvatoreHaran
Watched
SalvatoreHaran

Current Win Points : 73

PostSubject: Re: Marble Hornets Movie Announced   Marble Hornets Movie Announced EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 9:02 pm

A ton of people at my school only know of the game and it is irritating being a fan of Marble Hornets since it came out.
In class a month or so ago I was talking about Tribe Twelve with a buddy who also watches it. I mention Slender Man.
Some kid goes "Hey, are you guys talking about Slender Man?"
I said "Uhm, yeah man!"
He says "I love that game, Slender is the best"
He is still in the hospital.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://salvatoreharan.tumblr.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marble Hornets Movie Announced   Marble Hornets Movie Announced Empty

Back to top Go down

Marble Hornets Movie Announced
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next