Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Hello there, and welcome to Slender Nation. Before you begin posting, we require that you read our rules so that you understand what standards are required of you during your stay here. Thank you, and have a good day.

-The Slender Nation Staff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trial of Leaves: Justin
TribeTwelve: Bridge to Nowhere
Dark Harvest: Log Entry #33
Joined a Slender Nation House yet? Click the colored parts of the shield on the right to see the Houses!

Official Podcast Reboot!

Go down 
+25
thisistheend
Tiro1000
lolitics
karmasixxofsn
DKaine
ShadowTurtleInc
PointlessTest
JosiahMiller
JustinDGBZ
hazlov2004
The Doctor
T-M-S
sethlapod555
[Epix] Dark Paladin
goomba771
DuaLocKs
timeobserver2013
awkwardraptor
Mogmatt
Etreo
Riddle
SalvatoreHaran
TailsFoxy
NearTheEnd
River Song
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
T-M-S
Observer
T-M-S

Current Win Points : 63

Official Podcast Reboot! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Podcast Reboot!   Official Podcast Reboot! - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 10, 2013 6:36 pm

Well, I could bring a bitchin' Southern English accent. Just sayin'.

Also I know a fair chunk about vlog series, and think I can provide some thought-provoking discussion. I've been around a bit, and while maybe I'm not part of the it crowd here, I think I am getting to know the core community now at least.

One issue for me is timezones. I'd need to figure out what everyone else's are and then work out where in that we might overlap for some recording time. Cause I'm in a radically different one to the rest of the gang. SOMETIMES being British sucks.
Back to top Go down
TailsFoxy
Slendervet
TailsFoxy

Current Win Points : 424

PostSubject: Re: Official Podcast Reboot!   Official Podcast Reboot! - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 5:18 am

Hmm i would like to do it, but
a) my internet is too bad for getting a good connection
b) i´m more a writer than a talker
c) i hate my accent
Sad
Back to top Go down
http://slenderman.de
PointlessTest
Observer

Current Win Points : 59

PostSubject: Re: Official Podcast Reboot!   Official Podcast Reboot! - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 8:49 am

-

Last edited by PointlessTest on Sat May 25, 2019 9:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ShadowTurtleInc
Turned
ShadowTurtleInc

Current Win Points : 306

PostSubject: Re: Official Podcast Reboot!   Official Podcast Reboot! - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 12:51 am

Any news on the pod-cast member addition?
Back to top Go down
JustinDGBZ
Watched

Current Win Points : 95

PostSubject: Re: Official Podcast Reboot!   Official Podcast Reboot! - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 5:43 am

Hopefully I'm not too late in posting this, but I would love to be in the podcast! I know a lot about various v-logs and feel like I could provide some good thoughts and opinions on some stuff, more so through voice than just typing, as my train of consciousness sometimes works better when I'm speaking, and to discuss in real time with others about the Slenderverse about various things would be greatly excellent. I also think I have a bit of an interesting personality that some people may enjoy hearing and listening to.
Back to top Go down
DKaine
Anxious
DKaine

Current Win Points : 16

PostSubject: Re: Official Podcast Reboot!   Official Podcast Reboot! - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 2:01 pm

Wow, you guys have a LOT of fun recording these podcasts! I'm surprised that you don't record them more often.
Back to top Go down
The Doctor
Admin
The Doctor

Current Win Points : 293

PostSubject: Re: Official Podcast Reboot!   Official Podcast Reboot! - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 2:04 pm

We do have a lot of fun, that's for sure! We're currently working on planning a big one soon, so we shall keep you all informed!
Back to top Go down
https://slendernation.forumotion.com
NearTheEnd
Blackout
NearTheEnd

Current Win Points : 217

PostSubject: Re: Official Podcast Reboot!   Official Podcast Reboot! - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 8:53 pm

In case you guys haven't heard yet, I unfortunately had to take a temporary leave from the podcast. Not that I don't love doing it, but I recently moved to a place with very spotty internet. Its best not to trust the internet out here. xD
Anyway, as to people wanting to fill in the gap that Matt left, I am gonna say a few things.
1. Can you ACTUALLY handle Me, Josiah, Sal, and Doc? I MEAN CAN YOU?! We're all kinda...kooky, whacky, what have you. If you can level up to that energy and keep on task (sometimes) ...cool. 
2. Do we know you? Have you made yourself known throughout SN? I really believe the reason we all have a fun, bubbly podcast is because we all know each other quite well and are pretty good friends. Now I'm not saying you have to be in our friend group to be in. No, not at all. But if you are interested, I for one would really want to talk to you and get to know you. And I feel you should know us, too, so we understand what to say and what not to say. Things like that.
3. Don't worry about having massive blog/vlog knowledge. I mean its really not that hard to educate yourself on whatever we're talking about. Don't feel like you have to impress us. Seriously, just be you. As long as you're you and you're not afraid to joke around and share opinions with us, you're gonna be fine.
4. Can you be reliable? As chill and laid-back as we are, we don't want another CERTAIN SOMEONE WHO SAID THEY WANTED TO DO IT AND THEN DO IT ONCE AND SAY THEY WERE "BUSY" EVERY OTHER TIME THEY DID IT. ...Rage over.

Even though I do have a small leave of absence currently, the podcast is still very important to me and you guys can still talk to me anytime. About anything. Ever.
Back to top Go down
http://rach-quit.tumblr.com
ShadowTurtleInc
Turned
ShadowTurtleInc

PostSubject: Re: Official Podcast Reboot!   Official Podcast Reboot! - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 9:22 pm

NearTheEnd wrote:
In case you guys haven't heard yet, I unfortunately had to take a temporary leave from the podcast. Not that I don't love doing it, but I recently moved to a place with very spotty internet. Its best not to trust the internet out here. xD
Anyway, as to people wanting to fill in the gap that Matt left, I am gonna say a few things.
1. Can you ACTUALLY handle Me, Josiah, Sal, and Doc? I MEAN CAN YOU?! We're all kinda...kooky, whacky, what have you. If you can level up to that energy and keep on task (sometimes) ...cool. 
2. Do we know you? Have you made yourself known throughout SN? I really believe the reason we all have a fun, bubbly podcast is because we all know each other quite well and are pretty good friends. Now I'm not saying you have to be in our friend group to be in. No, not at all. But if you are interested, I for one would really want to talk to you and get to know you. And I feel you should know us, too, so we understand what to say and what not to say. Things like that.
3. Don't worry about having massive blog/vlog knowledge. I mean its really not that hard to educate yourself on whatever we're talking about. Don't feel like you have to impress us. Seriously, just be you. As long as you're you and you're not afraid to joke around and share opinions with us, you're gonna be fine.
4. Can you be reliable? As chill and laid-back as we are, we don't want another CERTAIN SOMEONE WHO SAID THEY WANTED TO DO IT AND THEN DO IT ONCE AND SAY THEY WERE "BUSY" EVERY OTHER TIME THEY DID IT. ...Rage over.

Even though I do have a small leave of absence currently, the podcast is still very important to me and you guys can still talk to me anytime. About anything. Ever.
 Yes. Smile
Back to top Go down
TailsFoxy
Slendervet
TailsFoxy

PostSubject: Re: Official Podcast Reboot!   Official Podcast Reboot! - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 11:03 pm

NearTheEnd wrote:

Damn, i would fit with all 4 of the points  Sad(if i would have better internet)
Back to top Go down
DKaine
Anxious
DKaine

PostSubject: Re: Official Podcast Reboot!   Official Podcast Reboot! - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 12:16 am

Personally, I wouldn't mind a 30 minute podcast that was released more often rather than a 2 hour podcast that was a few months between releases.  I'm just one man, though.
Back to top Go down
JustinDGBZ
Watched

Current Win Points : 95

PostSubject: Re: Official Podcast Reboot!   Official Podcast Reboot! - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 4:05 am

NearTheEnd wrote:

1. I think I can handle the podcast team, despite how you all act. But I might not act like that. I'm more of a serious person, but have my own brand of humor, that's kinda sarcastic, I'm not very kooky, or whacky, although I do feel that sometimes I have to actually restrain myself as to not come off as annoying once I get more comfortable and talkative with people. I may not seem to have that type of energy at first, but, I can stay on task, and not get out of control.

2. The podcast team doesn't know me, personally. But I think I'm rather well known in SN right now. I've contributed to the entertaining games, and I've paid attention to some of the podcast team's posts. So I dunno. I mean, hopefully my amount of posts would mean I'm known enough. My interest remains though, and if anyone wants to talk to me they can. Doc seems like a cool guy and I've seen Pavel Hall, so, that might contribute to how much I know the people on the podcast team. Not sure entirely what you mean though by things to say and not to say.

3. What interests me most about the podcast isn't so much the dynamic of the people on it, but the conversations and discussions that are had about the Slendercommunity and Slender Nation, along with the opinions of the podcast team. And I'm sure those listening to the podcast care just as much about the things I do. They probably don't listen just for a group of friends joking around. But, the personalities are a part of it. Joking around is fine, and I can do that too at the right moments.

4. Oh, I can be reliable. I can be calm and laidback, while still being fun, but, I'm assuming the spots that are available right now are temporary, and will be such until whoever is gone returns, but, if I'm asked back, I'm usually not too busy. I don't have a very busy life right now, and it probably won't suddenly get busy for awhile.
Back to top Go down
DKaine
Anxious
DKaine

PostSubject: Re: Official Podcast Reboot!   Official Podcast Reboot! - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 10:06 am

And I guess since we're all applying:

1. I can keep up with pretty much anything and adapt to any kind of group.  I had a podcast/live internet radio show back about 5 years ago and have been looking to get into it again.  I love a fast, dynamic atmosphere.

2. Between my series and posting around the forum as much as I can, I can say that people would know my name at least.  I would love to get to know all of you better, not just in the podcast but the forum as a whole.

3. I don't have near the knowledge about the b/vlogs as other people do, but I can definitely offer my knowledge and opinions on the production side of things.  If I know we're going to talk about a certain series, I can sit down and cram my head full of that goodness in a couple days' time.

4. I work a normal 9-5 office job M-F, with some on-call craziness every once in a while.  I'm not looking to be a part of every single podcast, but I can be if you want me to be.  If I know in advance, I can definitely block out some time and be there every time.
Back to top Go down
NearTheEnd
Blackout
NearTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Official Podcast Reboot!   Official Podcast Reboot! - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 12:53 am

DKaine: I agree with you. Sometimes we get on rants and such. I get that its a little lengthy, but in time and the more we get used to it it should cut down. We tend to have a lot to say because I think all four of us are really experienced. And I'm not trying to like...brag or anything. No, we just have a lot of field and mythos experience. We get a little passionate about it. As far as regularity goes, Doc and I are RIGHT THIS VERY SECOND talking about making a regular schedule. I'm thinking on my downtime, I can make a schedule for us to follow. Fun things like that.

TO EVERYONE INTERESTED: I'm going to have to say that the MOST IMPORTANT PART about being in the podcast crew is knowing you personally. If our personalities can coexist wonderfully, then awesome! But we can't gauge that unless you push forth the effort to try and get to know us. We. Don't. Bite. I promise. Just trust me. Even add some of us on skype or something. I'm not on there often but if you add Doc, Sal, or Josiah I'm sure they'll let me know to come on and we can all talk. Basically, however you want to talk to us and get to know us, we'll work with you on that.
Back to top Go down
ShadowTurtleInc
Turned
ShadowTurtleInc

PostSubject: Re: Official Podcast Reboot!   Official Podcast Reboot! - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 12:58 am

NearTheEnd wrote:
DKaine: I agree with you. Sometimes we get on rants and such. I get that its a little lengthy, but in time and the more we get used to it it should cut down. We tend to have a lot to say because I think all four of us are really experienced. And I'm not trying to like...brag or anything. No, we just have a lot of field and mythos experience. We get a little passionate about it. As far as regularity goes, Doc and I are RIGHT THIS VERY SECOND talking about making a regular schedule. I'm thinking on my downtime, I can make a schedule for us to follow. Fun things like that.

TO EVERYONE INTERESTED: I'm going to have to say that the MOST IMPORTANT PART about being in the podcast crew is knowing you personally. If our personalities can coexist wonderfully, then awesome! But we can't gauge that unless you push forth the effort to try and get to know us. We. Don't. Bite. I promise. Just trust me. Even add some of us on skype or something. I'm not on there often but if you add Doc, Sal, or Josiah I'm sure they'll let me know to come on and we can all talk. Basically, however you want to talk to us and get to know us, we'll work with you on that.
Way ahead of ya.
Back to top Go down
PointlessTest
Observer

PostSubject: Re: Official Podcast Reboot!   Official Podcast Reboot! - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 5:46 pm

-

Last edited by PointlessTest on Sat May 25, 2019 9:45 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
NearTheEnd
Blackout
NearTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Official Podcast Reboot!   Official Podcast Reboot! - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 7:29 pm

PointlessTest wrote:
Well personally I wouldn't wanna sacrifice the depth with which subjects are treated and your passionate rants for anything Smile
Well thank you! Some people actually do prefer it to be longer but more in-depth, which I like doing. I don't want to compromise quality just to cut the quality. Though I do see SOME cut-down on time. I'm hoping maybe we can get down to an hour, MAYBE 45 minutes depending. We'll just see.
Back to top Go down
The Doctor
Admin
The Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Official Podcast Reboot!   Official Podcast Reboot! - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 8:28 pm

Agreed. While content and depth are a very good thing in these kinds of podcasts, I don't think anyone wants to hear us blabber on for upwards of an hour and a half, so cutting down on time is needed. I would say more structure in what we discuss, like a set plan where we move from topic to topic in an orderly fashion, instead of just bopping around when we feel like it. I mean, as soon as we have a decent schedule figured out, we'll see what we can do about bringing people on.
Back to top Go down
TailsFoxy
Slendervet
TailsFoxy

PostSubject: Re: Official Podcast Reboot!   Official Podcast Reboot! - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 12:23 am

NearTheEnd wrote:
We. Don't. Bite. I promise. Just trust me.
But last time you did bite me D:
Very Happy

Ok, jokes aside you guys are right, in-depth talking about the series can be nice and good, but it should be sheduled a bit better, so that you guys can still have deeper talking about it but also be a bit more to the point. Maybe you can even make some specials about certain series once in a while (once per month?) where you can go way more in-depth about them and concentrate on them a bit more without having so much pressure of time because of the lesser topics you have to work on.
Back to top Go down
NearTheEnd
Blackout
NearTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Official Podcast Reboot!   Official Podcast Reboot! - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 2:23 am

To summarize the discussion, pretty much...
On my time away, I'm going to be working on a schedule of the podcasts. This also includes when to talk about what and for how long. This is going to cut down on time and give a regular airing schedule.

If you want to be in the podcast, NOW is a good time to talk to us and get to know us. That's such an important part of this.
Back to top Go down
The Doctor
Admin
The Doctor

PostSubject: Re: Official Podcast Reboot!   Official Podcast Reboot! - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 10:46 am

My skype username is thexdoctor91. Please, feel free to add me and chat me up! I love meeting new people, and I don't bite until the second date, I swear! Razz
Back to top Go down
DKaine
Anxious
DKaine

PostSubject: Re: Official Podcast Reboot!   Official Podcast Reboot! - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 4:40 pm

I was actually thinking about it on my last 4 hour drive to South Florida (Long drives give me time to think about ALL the things) and I came to the same conclusion as the Doc - Structure would be your best friend.  What I did with my old podcasts/broadcasts was to break it into distinct segments with rough outlines on how long I wanted to spend on each.  A good tip is to have starting and ending bumpers to give the show a consistent feel and get your audience in the "Slender Nation Mood", and use stingers between each segment to segue from one topic to the next.
Back to top Go down
NearTheEnd
Blackout
NearTheEnd

PostSubject: Re: Official Podcast Reboot!   Official Podcast Reboot! - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 11, 2013 8:58 pm

Not to worry! I'm planning up a schedule right now and should show the rest of the crew soon to see what they think. After that, I'll do any revisions if necessary and by the next podcast, the new schedule should be in place for your listening enjoyment.
Back to top Go down
PointlessTest
Observer

PostSubject: Re: Official Podcast Reboot!   Official Podcast Reboot! - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 7:37 pm

-

Last edited by PointlessTest on Sat May 25, 2019 9:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
karmasixxofsn
Blackout
karmasixxofsn

Current Win Points : 114
Location : Stuck alone in a padded cell with myself-oh wait, thats my mind.

PostSubject: Re: Official Podcast Reboot!   Official Podcast Reboot! - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 8:13 pm

Murp. Urp. Murp. what he said.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Podcast Reboot!   Official Podcast Reboot! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Official Podcast Reboot!
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next